All Comments on 'No Remedy for Love Ch. 04'

by podga

Sort by:
  • 7 Comments
TaGiMLTaGiMLalmost 13 years ago
Too short!

I like the retrospective, but you have to give us more storyline. This is chapter four and we only have a vague idea about why they separated. Though we are getting to understand Scott, Tommy is still such a mystery. In each chapter you give just enough to think that there will be some progress, some hope that your characters will find a way back to each other, but in each successive chapter our hopes are dashed. Give us a bit more per chapter.

podgapodgaalmost 13 years agoAuthor

TaGiML, I've set up the chapters, so that there is a parallel or contradiction between 'now' and 'then' (if only in my head :-P) but your point is well-taken regarding slow/no progress in the 'now'. I hadn't realized how that might be frustrating for some readers, so I very much appreciate your feedback!

I'm sort of committed to the chapters now, since it's all written out and mostly submitted, but it's a total of 8 chapters, which I'm submitting almost daily, so I have to plead for your patience on this one, and I'll bear the development issue in mind for future stories!

PS: I'm not sure you'll know Thomas much better by the end of this, though I hope so, but it's interesting that you refer to him as 'Tommy', which Scott only occasionally does, so I hope that means he's potentially likeable!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
No, It's terrific,

as all your stories are. Glad the chapters are so quick coming. Anticipation is half the fun, but I like updates daily instead of weekly!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago

I really like this story and I'm very happy that I don't have to wait for weeks (or months) for another chapter :)

Short story ?? I don't care - I love your writing !!!!!!!

CM in Sweden

nomoretears00nomoretears00almost 13 years ago
Loving the story...

also! This upcoming trip could prove to be very interesting!

TimothyMTimothyMalmost 12 years ago

Oh, how I love a writer who has humour and can even apply it to himself: Thomas saying "Please tell me you're not one of those people that likes to use stupid codewords for sex" and then you end the chapter with doing exactly that.

And I totally get your point about matching the present pain and insights with the past. Though I have to say it works even better on the second read, so that's what I recommend to other readers: Gobble up this story like you are starved, and then go back to the beginning and savour every bite (oh God now you're got me doing the food metaphor !)

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous