All Comments on 'A Guide to Great Anal Sex Pt. 02'

by celesteandjim

Sort by:
  • 8 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
A Guide To Great Anal Sex - 2

Hi,

I am a mature bisexual crossdresser and enjoyed the article very much, and have been using butt plugs, and hope my next lover will take my anal virginity, my previous ones were not able to get hard enough to penetrate, and some were a bit small too. I think you have some good ideas in the article.

Sincerely,

Josie of Augusta, Georgia

roomfor1moreroomfor1moreover 12 years ago
Get to the point

I understand your approach to writing the guide, whereby you try to be personal, use examples, examine male perspective, and examine female perspective. However, I feel you over do it and the point that you are trying to make about anal sex gets lost. Taking some time to ask youself, "what is my point?" Along with, "how do I get my point across without loosing the reader's interest?" I feel would have helped you when writing this piece.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Training ;)

Anal sex is not for everyone, but trying it is. Some women swear by it--they talk about orgasms way more powerful than anything they've experienced during vaginal intercourse.

After a few finger sessions, but before the big one, have your man experiment a bit with using a butt plug to let you feel the ways in which your hole will be stretched.

Go through the same processes as before; make sure that there is enough foreplay and lube to get you good and ready. You can even have vaginal intercourse to get started, and then move to anal. As your man enters you, remind him to be slow, and be clear in communication about whether or not you're feeling alright.

Check out these training kits http://www.blissfulgoodies.com/Anal-Toys/Anal-Trainer-Kits?cid=467&a=artificial_vagina

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
You're making things up to convince the naive

I don't believe this for a second. First of all, a gynecologist deals with the female reproductive system, not a woman's ass. My god..."the gentleness of a woman's touch.." - how stupid do you think people are? I think that celesteandjim is just Jim with an anal fetish and the belief that by saying the following people will be convinced.

"When we were both in college in the late sixties and early seventies, she developed a close personal friendship with the college's gynecologist. This doctor educated her on the intricacies of anal sex. She recommended training with another woman, if Celeste had a truly discrete, close personal friend with whom she was not involved romantically. This, the doctor pointed out, provided the opportunity for a relaxing massage before insertion and the benefit of the gentleness of a woman's touch on another woman's body during what was going to be a new and somewhat daunting experience for both."

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
good but......

I disagree with celeste. For one your hymen does NOT get "ruptured" it gets streached or torn. Also it does not have to hurt the first time, vaginally or anally. But anal does have greater poitential to hurt. The rest was good info.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Critiques from a medical student

Hi, I appreciate your articles. I think they're a fabulous start, but I have some critiques and corrections that I feel compelled to make. Credentials: I am a medical student pursuing my medical degree, studied biology and sociology as well as a course in human sexuality in college, and took a class at the medical school on sex and sexuality. Let me clarify that I understand that sexual education in the United States is very poor and, unfortunately, we raise sexually ignorant adults. On that note, let me begin:

1) Everyone has an anus. I feel you should have clarified that in your first article and at least lessen the heteronormative nature of your articles. Everyone can enjoy anal play.

2) I agree with the sentiment of throwing away the "me Tarzan, you Jane" attitude regarding anal sex. But you should have specified that it applies to ALL sexual acts, not just anal sex. "An absolute precondition to great anal sex is that the woman sees herself as completely equal partner in the process of ass fucking." This should be changed to "precondition to great sex" and "process of fucking". No need to apply it just to anal sex. Men and woman, whether they're cis, trans, straight, lesbian, gay, bi, questioning, should be equal when being intimate, regardless of the act. Remember, it takes two consenting adults for any real fun to begin.

3) The role reversal related to anal sex that you talk about is founded in inaccuracies. Women suddenly becoming aware that they're sexual beings and how shocking it is, is offensive to me personally. Factually speaking, the whole idea of men not being able to help themselves sexually is a SOCIAL CONSTRUCT. It used to be women were considered the ones who couldn't control their sexual urges so they had to be hidden away from men. "If it is challenging for a woman to recognize and access her own aggressive sexuality, it is equally difficult for a man to come to understand that great anal sex requires him to access the gentler side of himself." That is complete and utter bullshit. I mean, really, C'MON! First off, people view themselves as sexual beings in their own way. Secondly, saying that a man is off-put by the fact that he now has to be gentle when it comes to an intimate sex act is ludicrous. Men are NOT hungry animals that need to fuck as hard as possible relentlessly until they physically cannot. People have sexual urges, yes. But people can control how they express those urges. People can control how they interact with each other. You're implying that women have internalized themselves as gentle creatures that need to be caressed and nurtured while men have internalized that they are aggressive and domineering in nature. This is flawed.

4) I commend you on the noting that women's pleasure is just as important as her partners. Too often women's pleasure is superseded by male's pleasure in porn and real life. Granted the porn industry, just like any other industry, is built upon economics and men are the vast majority of consumers in that market. Thus, the material is geared towards men. More screening time on blow jobs. There are some crazy statistics when you look up # of orgasms men and women have in real life and in porn. And porn isn't real life. Wish more people understood that. So thank you for making the point of equal pleasure a poignant one. "A woman's sexual pleasure is not the function of what the man imagines it should be, but what a women experiences it to be." Well said!

5) I second what another person said about Celeste's hymen being ruptured. Hymen's are torn, not ruptured.

6) If someone is in pain while doing any anal play, they should stop immediately. Anal tissue tears SO easily! DO NOT CONTINUE IF EXPERIENCING PAIN! Pain is your body's way of saying that something bad is happening.

7) From a physiologic standpoint, I cannot see how one would be able to 'train' their internal anal sphincter. It's under autonomic (involuntary) control. I'm skeptical about this training.

8) I HIGHLY doubt a GYN advised Celeste to practice anal play with another woman just for 'practice' itself. "This, the doctor pointed out, provided the opportunity for a relaxing massage before insertion and the benefit of the gentleness of a woman's touch on another woman's body during what was going to be a new and somewhat daunting experience for both." Sounds more like a fantasy than real life to me. I'm extremely skeptical about this part.

9) Anal sex is not a 'gift'. Women's bodies are not gifts to be given. Please do not objectify and reduce women to their vaginas or anuses.

Readers be wary.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago

Thank you for this series of articles. I have found it very interesting and learnt more about my own (male) body and it will adjust our approach as a couple.

I'd be interested to hear Celeste and Jims responses to the above comments, but a personal question, what size is a "small" butt plug that you'd suggest for initial play/training? Thanks.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

I most certainly DO NOT LIKE the tone of the article, what is said and how it is said.

Like, the "glass of wine" part. Seriously!?

I promise you, you can skip the nonsense.

This series makes it look like butt sex is something complicated. You need preparations, need to know a lot of stuff, talk to gynecologist, etc.

The reality couldn't be more different. There's nothing in particular you need to know or do. Though, of course, if you enjoy to something special, you may.

Just use your common sense.

Anal sex hurts unaccustomed asses. That this is not well and widely known speaks volumes about our society. With the least amount of (s)exercise, the pain goes away. Rather quickly. Obviously, the mileage vary. Some may experience greater pain for longer. Some may experience no pain.

And if it pains, what? It's just something to experience -- mild ass discomfort for up to a few days, every time after a long hiatus.

It's truly no different from straining any part of the body. Say, leg muscles. Go on a long jog after not exercising for months, and you may get your legs sores.

Of course, muscle soreness can be prevented by slowing ramping exercise intensity. Butt soreness can be prevented entirely by carefully ramping intensity.

With regard to both -- running and butt fucking -- I expect most people would prefer a shorter and slightly painful path to a long and completely painless one.

Gentleness is required for butt fucking. Of course. No tutoring needed here.

Lube helps. Required for most. Also, not something that should need mentioning.

Cleaning is a matter of anatomy and taste. Some are so fortunate that don't need it, some like it dirty.

All the points above apply to vaginal sex as well.

That's it! Happy butt fucking!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous