All Comments on 'A Man in Turmoil'

by DG Hear

Sort by:
  • 206 Comments
bruce22bruce22over 12 years ago
Nice Story

First really good story in the Romance/Loving Wife Category since last Thursday... This business of , you don`t own me, is a clear cut sign that it is time to either sit down and talk it out or to get out of the relationship, no one owns anyone else anymore (OK, OK I am talking about in the USA, I hope), but you do owe each other respect and for love, that is more important...

StangStar06StangStar06over 12 years ago
DG Rules

Another great story from the master of them!

BigJohn601BigJohn601over 12 years ago
Well at least Jerry got a do-over..

Great story as told by a master.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Ok it's very readable though far too syrupy

and my overall feelings are; poor Brenda, lucky Jen. Thanks for writing.

movermoverover 12 years ago
Ooooooo!

Such a beautiful story from the Master. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Midwestern Values

I have often observed that you either get it or you don't. You always do.

Socially_IneptSocially_Ineptover 12 years ago
Loved it!

There is a reason you are one of my favorite authors. Your stories are so touching. This is another example of your fine work.

sooriressooriresover 12 years ago
Story is blah...

The words of another, "syrupy" sums up how I feel as well. Besides the conservative ideas about marriage versus the "slut" future wife, I feel you living and writing in a very regimented thought process which does not allow for any real enjoyment, fun, novelty.

The story is a bit out of place on this Site....almost a story you would find in a PC newspaper...

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Excellent story

I agree it was a little "syrupy' but it was very well written and did portray, in a realistic way, important moral values

i read all of your stories

TechRaiderTechRaiderover 12 years ago
damn fine piece of fiction!

keep writing!

68dawg68dawgover 12 years ago
I finished it but . . .

it really read like sketch for a story than a finished product.

estragonestragonover 12 years ago
Another "Feel Good" From a Master Storyteller

So it's hokey, who cares? It doesn't overdraw DG's account at my Disbelief Bank. As father of two daughters, just looking at the picture of my babies (now grown women) on my desk makes me feel good.

However, somebody should read DG's copy before it gets submitted. I know it's his character narrating the story, so grammatical perfection isn't gonna happen. But sloppy punctuation is the author's responsibility. And I threw the grammar quibbles in with the rest, which will follow via "Send Feedback." If you want to break the rules, that's fine, as long as you know what rules you're breaking.

LoneStarRiderLoneStarRiderover 12 years ago
Excellent.

Excellent work, on so many different levels. 5*

If there is a DGHear Fan Club, I want an application form!

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Excellent!!

5 out of 5. A typical dg hear story. Should have been longer.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
great story

Well told and written. Enjoyed the entire read. Thanks for writing and sharing.

ReadTooMuchReadTooMuchover 12 years ago
Jen?

The story would have benefited with a follow up on Jen. She came across a one-dimensional and we don't know her story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago

The story seemed to concern a very uptight insecure man who anticipated trouble. He was unwilling to accept an idea that was contrary to his own way of thinking.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
A rather stilted monologue

"See Spot run. See Spot jump."

Not your best effort; proof that even a good story idea can be ruined by not alternating longer sentences with shorter ones. "A" for effort, "C" for presentation.

Scorpio44Scorpio44over 12 years ago
Something was missing...

At the end it still didn't feel complete. I'm usually Ok with however someone ends a story but at the end this one took a turn that needed closure with the previous woman, IMHO.

oldwayneoldwayneover 12 years ago
It is nice to see that another of my favorite authors likes DG as much as I do.

DG is indeed the "Master" and this is such a good story that I have now actually read it three times. I have never encountered a story by this author that I didn't enjoy and this was one of his best!

PistolpackinpetePistolpackinpeteover 12 years ago
What do you mean Scorpio???...

...I'm guessing that since Jerry continued on with his side of the dark secrets of the past so did jen,moving on to be a bbc whore.Nice and tidy!

chytownchytownover 12 years ago
Good Read!!!!!

Thanks for sharing a good story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Closure!

I agree With Scorpio44 and others. You left behind the closure with Jen. I love your stories! Keep them coming!

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Very Good.

Wet Tee Shirt contests are for single women,and in this story she still is. Thanks as always for a good read.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
To the last Anonymous: That's the point!!

And since she made an issue of being in the contest, she's going to STAY A SINGLE WOMAN. You must be a woman, Anonymous, to not be able to think beyond step 1 of the situation. Sure, you may always have a right to do, or not do, something but that doesn't necessarily make it the right, or best thing, to do. The girl friend proved her point and she won. She got to be in the Wet Tshirt contest. Now didn't that make her, and everyone else, happy?!?! Gee, are you women stupid. Win the battle, lose the war. Just imagine spending the rest of your life with a bitch like that! Every time you say no, she says yes; and visa versa. She doesn't really care what you think, feel, or how you are affected by anything she does. What if the wedding fell on Nude Day? And she showed up in her Birthday Suit? Just cause it got her attention, and she could. Gee, are you women stupid.

racoon1174racoon1174over 12 years ago
On Closure I disagree

I disagree with a need for closure with Jen the previous fiance. I think the Wet t-shirt contest epilogue showed the difference between the two women very succinctly. Do we need to see her pining away to realize she was a spoiled, spiteful brat and not worthy of being loved. Nice work as usual. I love to see DGhear's name in the new story column, never a disappointment.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
crap story

Sycophants aside, this story is unoriginal and uninteresting - not a crime to be one or the other but being both makes it a failure. Hope to see better next time.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
what does this have to do with

the nude day competition? Just the fact that there is a peripheral mention of a nude beach and a lame wet t shirt contest?

Meh

northlandernorthlanderover 12 years ago
Another DG Story

DG, Thanks for another story from that inventive mind of yours. Jen chose to ignore the statement that her competing in the contest could mean the end of the wedding plans. Surely any reasonable person would think oops, I better sit down and talk about this before I go ahead and screw my life up. She went ahead, did the deed, she suffered the consequences. A good story, well told Brenda 1 Jen 0. BTW you telegraphed the baby not being aborted

Mousse9Mousse9over 12 years ago

Almost didn't catch this one, since I mostly scan the New Stories section for LW stuff. The only reason I did catch it was because it was on the top of the list, and I saw DG Hear's name.

On to the story itself. What we see here is a clash of values and morals, or so it seems. (Ugh, I sound pompous...)

Jerry and Jen had very differing opinions on what was allowed and not allowed. Jerry thought a wet t-shirt contest was inappropriate for a (soon to be) wife, and Jen disagreed. Some guys think that it's no big deal, as long as there was no touching. Others, like Jerry, can't handle it. That differs from person to person.

Personally, I don't think the wet t-shirt contest itself was a dealbreaker for the wedding. No, it was the way Jen handled it. Read beyond the "Jerry's an uptight chauvinist, Jen's a freespirited woman" angle, guys.

Jen entered the contest to SPITE Jerry, the man she supposedly loved and wanted to marry. "If you say that I can't do something, I am gonna do it."

How very loving.

Second, Jerry had TOLD Jen that the wedding would be off if she participated. THAT is a fucking big threat if I ever saw one, and how does Jen handle it? She dismisses it! She doesn't care at all what Jerry thinks. If Jen really loved and respected Jerry, she would've paused at such a threat ("is this really such a good idea? Is it worth my marriage?"), but she didn't.

And last but not least, and probably the biggest dealbreaker, Jen purposefully telling everybody that Jerry was a "baby killer", a secret he had told only to Jen.

She blurts out THE secret her soon-to-be husband had told her in full confidence, to everybody who could hear her, the MOMENT they get in an argument. With this, Jen proves she cannot be trusted. She would use any and every dirty trick and secret to win the fight, not caring at all about the collateral damage. And afterwards:

"I couldn't believe it when I finally answered it that she asked me if I was ready to apologize to her."

Doing all that, and STILL thinking Jerry had hurt HER and NOT viceversa, and wanting HIM to apologize? Urgh, that's rage-inducing.

It's these 3 things, NOT the differing morals and values, NOT the wet t-shirt contest, that made me see Jen as a bad person.

Although it would've been nice to read how Jen ended up, for this story, it wasn't really necessary.

Now for nitpicking. I also think that this story seems more like an outline than a fully fleshed out story, especially the parts where he meets up again with Brenda, and all the father-daughter stuff. There was barely anything there, really.

(I have to admit picking apart the stuff you provided about Jen's personality and behavior was pretty fun.)

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Make a grown man cry

This was an awesome story, not the typical stroke story written for this site, but a story written with emotion. I finished it with tears in my eyes. You have touched my heart.

bornagainbornagainover 12 years ago
Beautiful

It was the most beautiful heart warming story thank you .

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Great story

Stimulating and endearing...great combination...well written. Thank you Mr. Hear!

gatorhermitgatorhermitover 12 years ago
Enjoyable, well-written story

Really nice to have a DG story today. Very well done!

OldHidekiOldHidekiover 12 years ago
Wonderful Story

In this case, the skeleton in the closet could smile and say 'I love you'.

hodunkhodunkover 12 years ago
Five Stars as always !

YOU DID IT AGAIN ! How long can you keep topping yourself?

Great story DG Thanks for sharing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
A Story in Turmoil

Skeletal and halfdone, more like an outline than a story. Dialogue is weak, storyline is contrived and predictable, story was obviously 'phoned in.' Perhaps worthy of JPB, not good enough for DG Hear. Sorry mate.

bdoggriffenbdoggriffenover 12 years ago
good story

My one problem was that I think Jen undergoes a pretty dramatic change of character from the scene where they are sharing past mistakes to where she becomes wicked bitch of the east. The part that was most overdone was the next day when she was still expecting him to apologize. That seems to me to be over the top and not in character. But I guess you wanted to get to the romance, which was well done.

Vulcan_in_OhioVulcan_in_Ohioover 12 years ago
Mixed feelings

Jerry ended up landing on his feet, with a good job and with the woman he really loved, so that part "feels good." But Brenda is far from perfect and she only partly apologizes for having kept her daughter and her daughter's father apart. She thought he did not want the child -- I can sort of see that but in reality, most women would have tried harder, especially with a child asking why she doesn't have a daddy. He didn't "go away," and telling a lie to a young child does not fix the problem.

And she did take and use Jerry's money -- if she was so proud and all, why do that? Further, Brenda just "accidentally got pregnant?" I'm not saying Jerry wasn't responsible in part, but wasn't she as well? Let's face it, college women have at least some education and sophistication. They know about the birds and the bees. Was Brenda's pregnancy really accidental?

I can't believe there was no discussion about birth control -- it wasn't the first sex for the two of them -- and women are the ones in charge of birth control because it is, after all, the woman who gets pregnant. So she either puts the condom on her man, or she takes the pill, or she gets fitted for an IUD, or whatever. So what didn't Brenda do in this instance? Maybe she "forgot" a pill or two? We don't know, but the Freudian folks out there would say she subconsciously wanted to become pregnant.

Now for Jen. I agree with other comments; her behavior at the club was inexcusable. One of the principles of love with another is the desire to make the other person happy, and to avoid doing something that would hurt the other person, or even make them uncomfortable. Clearly Jerry was uncomfortable with the idea of Jen in a wet tee shirt contest. Jen decided that her exhibitionism was more important than her fiance's opinion. Further, she revealed herself to be spoiled and spiteful.

Lucky for Jerry to have found out before the wedding. Jen's behavior was not very credible based on the way her character was developed in the story. But there really are low-life women out there who are full of themselves (and there are certainly men who behave that way, too). She turned out to be a Dr. Jekyll and Ms. Hyde. Thanks for writing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago

i liked it....

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
I liked it but ...

... I would have liked to have them run into Jen when they came to town. Would have loved to hear how she was doing post- break up.

Harryin VAHarryin VAover 12 years ago
Great story... really great is it "too " sweet?

well that depends. The way I read this story Jerry had certain values and he wanted to build his marriage upon those values. That approach makes a ton of sense.

Its not that brenda's values are right or wrong... they are simply incompatable with Jerry's. The wet T-shirt contest in the immediate weeks BEFORE being married may or may not be a deal breaker.

But if one spouse Objects to another spouse's behavior in a very strong way.... the other spouse should never say as the FIRST reaction 'YOU DONT OWN ME".

Then to use the abortion thing as a WEAPON...openly in public like that... Holy shit. Maybe if the couple has been fighting in PRIVATE for an 30 minutes things then sure things can get heated and people can say really hurtful cruel things.

The ABORTION angle to the story sets up the 2nd half of the story. Its shows that Jerry and brenda were both emotionally damage by the abortion idea. Brenda should NOT of kept the child info from Jerry but the reasoning why she thought it might better to do so makes SOME sense.

But the author brillantly uses the abortion thing to show a compatability of values between Jerry and Brenda. And that in turn makes the ending work very well.

Good story

xtremeddxtremeddover 12 years ago
Just had to read "comments" section b4 I did. Let sleeping dogs lie. Agree. Jen, forget about it.

DG,

I'm happy to have read AMiT. Needed a feel good story today.

Trite sappy story if you are 20 but not at 55+, OK +++. Great story with just enough conflict and mystery. Just us good guys in the end!

Thanks for sharing on Lit.

x

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
A good story for potential mates

Jerry's idea of marriage is very traditional. Biblically speaking, a wife submits to her husband and the husband treats his family as Jesus treated his flock, with unconditional love. Yes, the husband own's his wife's body, but the wife own's the husband's body. People that follow the written word, have better marriages. Divorces come from those that want to create their own rules. Jerry was aware that ther is only one set of rules that work for a good marriage.

The type of disrespect that Jen showed Jerry would have caused me to call off the wedding as well. Her atitude was an indicator of disaster in the future. The only thing that would work better is if people actually waited for sex until marriage, or at least engagement. I know that this is not the way things work, but it would prevent a number of problems and create a better atmosphere for a stable marriage.

I enjoyed it, and am looking forward to the next one.

DunaDunaover 12 years ago
5 stars

Excellent story. Majority of DGHear's stories are excellent!

I would have been curious for fate of his earlier bride.

GualterioGualterioover 12 years ago
Thanks for a great story!

There were hints early on that it would turn out like it did with the abortion not taking place and a probable ultimate reunion. I loved the happy ending. Thanks DGHear

lonewolf3307lonewolf3307over 12 years ago
DG, you're the best!

I really can't put my finger on what makes your stories have such a "feel good" characteristic to them but they certainly do. This story was no exception. Keep up the great work.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Great Story :)

I've been reading your stories since 2004, when I first started you just had 40 stories put up. I have read each and every story of yours and have loved all of them except one or two..this story too had the same dg hear magic in it..keep up the great job ur doing :) .. All the best and loads of wishes.

davebccanadadavebccanadaover 12 years ago
IMHO

It is a story with a moral (or 2... or maybe 3). I liked the hero's old fashioned values and would make no excuse for them. They work. Our hero ends up with exactly what he can comfortably live with. That's what we all want in the end, isn't it?

A good read and a good ride. I enjoyed it immensely.

MoogPlayerMoogPlayerover 12 years ago
Brilliant as Always

Thanks for the story DG, and like I've always said from the very beginning; you're the one who inspired me to write here on Lit.

Thanks Buddy,

MoogPlayer

saratusaratuover 12 years ago

A very nice story with a great ending, I liked this story, as I do with all of your work.

tazz317tazz317over 12 years ago
CRYING OVER SPILT MILK

and it was never spilt to begin with TK U MLJ LV NV

genie_cdgenie_cdover 12 years ago
You have a great touch!

Not only does it work for literotica, it pulls heart strings in ways that few do in any forum. Well done....

DWornockDWornockover 12 years ago
Touching story.

I gather the writer is Muslim or else some religious fanatic. It is hard to imagine anyone else that believes the human body is something to ashamed of.

Although, at mid 20's she was a bit (2 or 3 years) too old to enter a wet t-shirt contest so her decision to enter was in poor taste. Nevertheless, his reaction was way over the top except for Muslims and religious fanatics.

DunaDunaover 12 years ago
Excuss only

@ Dear Ms Dwornock Sometime somebody wants use something irrelevant to excuss a akward connection.

DunaDunaover 12 years ago

@ Dear Ms Dwornock He wanted to step out from his connection (wedding) and the competition was an excellent excuss for him.

cantbuymycantbuymyabout 12 years ago
when she says yes

and asks to be YOUR WOMAN and you are HER MAN that ends the flash your tits and everything else. you have a right to demand that the other limit their desire for gratification to their partner not strangers.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago

Duna read and understand story clearly then write.

now u write that he wanted excuss to cancel wedding and he get it later u will say cop just wanted excuss to lock people in jail right hahahahahha

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
Sweet Story

A very sweet story. A bit succint but good enough to get the point across.

On a personal note, I think Jerry is a very insecure guy. I think it was sort of dumb to bring up all the secrets of the past between him and Jen. It tells me he had litttle to no trust in her and probably women in general. In the end it was clear his insecurity made his relationship with Jen incompabitle. This in addition to ordering her to not enter the tee-shirt contest before she said anything.

Finally, the only reason he was able to get along with Brenda is because she had his daughter. By not wanting to loose her along with his daughter he was ableto get over his insecurities.

TavadelphinTavadelphinalmost 12 years ago
It felt a bit stilted -

The pace was not as smooth as I have come to expect -

But the content was good - he knew what he expected - he may have had insecurities - we all do - but it seemed like he and Jen had laid their expectations out fairly well, He was more strident and absolute with her than might be acceptable to many - he probably should have discussed her not doing it rather than dictating - that is always a poor choice when it is someone else's decision.

As for his excessively moral stance - being Muslim or another extreme religious posture - bullshit. While many of us would see a wet T shirt contest as no big deal - exhibitionism is not a non-issue for the majority of people on the planet irrespective of religious fervor lol. Nudity may not be but that is different too. People may define modesty as they see fit - it is a very variable concept.

tazz317tazz317over 11 years ago
IF AT 1ST YOU DIDNT SUCCEED

go back tomorrows and try it again, TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago

GREAT READ!!!!!!

LA213LA213about 11 years ago
5 Stars!!!

A very enjoyable story. && I don't blame Jerry for over reacting with Jen. Tha poor guy thought he " loved " her && you don't want anyone else looking at someone you " Love " naked. Futhermore, it wasn't meant to b with Jen. I had a feeling he would c his pass girlfriend when Jerry mention he ask a old girlfriend he ask to abort his baby. " Common Sense " it was all leading to this special moment.

P.S. I actually would've like to know if Jen found out about Jerry getting married to his true love. Ha

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago

When tazz317 comments u know its a good lw story and that all is fine in the cosmos. AB CD EF GH

BfreetorunBfreetorunalmost 11 years ago
I read this quite a while back and did not comment so I will this time.

Regarding Jen, when they were confessing mistakes she said that her first wet T-shirt contest was bad and that she was ashamed later. Then she showed her spoiled side by her reaction when her soon-to-be husband first told her not to do it (a mistake on his part) then he asked her in a humble way to not do it and she did it anyway just to show that she was the boss. Then when she revealed his secret about the abortion in a crude way, that was the clincher. He was well rid of her. And, he could have had a private detective find his old love if he had really wanted to and then she made a mistake for not telling him about his child as a punishment. The all made mistakes but Jen's was the most egregious and I am glad that DG worked it out. I love happy endings so it pleased me. I agree with the comment that all Jen's old friends had fucked her and wanted to draw him into the swinging part of her previous life. She was a slut, a spoiled slut and was determined not to change although she loved him at the moment but wanted to have her way on everything.. Good story, DG and you always provoke a bunch of good comments with a lot of your stories. Let me draw some criticism myself, I do think that abortion is appropriate in certain instances and I do not believe that early abortions or use of the morning after pill is murder, at all. It is a personal decision.

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveover 10 years ago
Excellent

Wow. Imagine you find out you have a daughter you thought was aborted. He was given a second chance in life and luckily he was able to redeem himself and claim the prize, a loving wife and child.

Tremendous tale.

carvohicarvohiover 10 years ago
Makes Me Melancholy

First, it's a great story, a five! But's kind of sad. My wife and I have a bunch of kids; six actually, most are grown or at least they think they are. We have friends who I suspect chose abortions when they were young. I sometime see the looks on their faces when they see my older kids. I mean I'm not anti-abortion; (I'm not for it either.) but better to regulate it than to go through the horrors of all that back alley illegal crap. The protagonist in this story got a second chance, but in real life that never happens. Honestly, I am against it; let's find ways to make it easier to adopt. In this story think about all the joy Jeri brought. Brenda was a special person. I know this all sounds incredibly stupid. I don't care, so what. I'm putting it up.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
personal

Everyone has to do what they feel is right. For me, I don't feel that abortion is on the path to the top of the mountain. Jerry was lucky enough to get a second chance and to have learned from the first.

PennMusicPennMusicabout 10 years ago
Not Bad...

I would have liked to see Jen run into him and his family on a return trip to see his parents...That would have been great.

*** 5 Stars ***

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago

Great story!

rightbankrightbankabout 10 years ago
how convenient for everyone except

oh well. the morality police will be very happy with the outcome, even it is way too contrived.

tazz317tazz317about 10 years ago
WHO WOULD EVER IMAGINE THE TURMOIL

over an innocent wet t-shirt contest. TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
great again

but i do agree that it would have been nice to run in to jen

and find out about jerry's little girl that was not aborted

and how happy jerry is

Seeker1107Seeker1107almost 10 years ago
@Taz

It wasn't just the contest, he asked her not to do it, warned her of the outcome. Now they could have gotten over that but when she blurted out his darkest secret that was told only to her and she goes ahead and blurts it, then that shows a total disrespect for him. This is the man that she was supposedly going to spend the rest of her days with. If he couldn't trust her on this something told in confidence, how could he trust her going forward with anything to the point of keeping to her vows. The contest was just the last straw, he already was feeling something was off.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
hmmmm

good, bad, or ugly, guys are possessive, and especially right before a wedding you do not poke the bear. For a girl to do this means she really didnt know her guy, and frankly doesnt understand average normal guys at all. AT least the kind that want a wife and traditional family life style.

Was it me or did her friends seem like swingers or just odd. certainly ones you would not perhaps want as friends once married.

KarenEKarenEalmost 10 years ago
@seeker1107

I agree with you, it wasn't that she entered a wet T-shirt contest, but that she did it over his objections, and if you believe her, just for spite.

Revealing his secret just added injury to insult, and I'm surprised he didn't reveal HER secret about the black guy on the island.

I do think her friends were a LITTLE too eager and it's awfully convenient that the club chosen by Howard JUST happened to have a wet T-shirt contest. I'm pretty certain that there was SOME kind of swinging going on.

I would have liked to hear what happened with the ex!

Seeker1107Seeker1107over 9 years ago
@KarenE

Loved your comments. Actually it seems like I agree with over 95% of them across many stories. To me it just seems like common sense which unfortunately we do not see much of in the comments to many of these stories. Keep writing them, you force others who read your comments to actually think about what they are commenting about.

About the story here though, one thing that I would have enjoyed seeing is Ben his bosses talk with his daughter and reading her the riot act. The way that she called him and asked if "He" was ready to apologize kind of brought home how self centered he was. Was glad that Brenda didn't go through with the abortion. My mother had one prior to us being born because her mother convinced her that my parents weren't ready financially for a child. I know my father was hurt by this and still is to this day. However they stayed together for over fifty years through thick and thin. They laughed and cried and argued and made up like couples are supposed to do but so seldom do in today's day and age. I believe, and this is only my opinion, that young people seem to find it a little too easy to just cheat and split up these days. If society were to look down upon cheating as they did way back maybe things would be better.

I saw a movie recently called Blast from the Past where Brandon Fraiser was raised for thirty years in a bomb shelter by his parents who thought that a nuclear bomb went off above them. When he came up he amazed people that he had manners and was quite articulate as well as multilingual. What amazed me is that people were so amazed by him. Now don't get me wrong, i do not think we should roll back the clock on everything for as a society we have progressed. But, have we progressed to far too fast and dropped common human decency for the sake of progression? Have we just let our morals go by the way side just because we could? This is something that we as human beings need to decide for ourselves as a society and as members of that same society.

My personal opinion is that each person needs to take a good hard look at themselves and decide. Not just go along for the ride. Once upon a time when a man or woman gave their word on something it meant something. Today not so much. I mean look at it this way, two people commit themselves to each other, I personally don't care if it is two men two women or a man and woman, or even a step farther with polygamous marriages or polymorus marriages, the point is that everyone committed to the same agreements and or vows. In other words they gave their word and trusted the other/s to do and keep the same. If they wanted out then have the decency to end the first before starting the last. They owe their partners that much respect as well as owing it to themselves. How are you or I to trust someone that cheated and broke sacred vows that were taken before G-d and man? That is the big question, for if we cannot trust them to supposedly keep those vows then how are we to trust them in places of responsibility or authority?

Ok, I'll get of my soap box now. It just kind of affected me as a good friend of mine just went through a very nasty divorce after finding her wife whom she had just adopted two children with cheating on her and trying to rationalize it away as simple exploration. That the two children (one boy and one girl) both saw it happening and told my friend why they were so upset, it just destroyed her. Those kids got hit with it the worst and are still in therapy and will be for a while.

I apologize for going on and on like this I just wanted to thank Karen for her comments.

seeker

MorganDeWolfeMorganDeWolfeover 9 years ago
Wonderful Romance and thoughtful look at morality.

Title really says it all for me. KarenE and Seeker1107 thank you for excellent comments that are both well thought out and right in the middle of my own beliefs.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
ITS CALLED TRUST

YES THEY SHARIED THERE SECRETS BUT JEN WENT OVER THE TOP WITH THE WET T SHIRT CONTEST AND SHAKING HER BOOBS AT EVERY BODY THE PARTY GIRL WAS STILL ALIVE AND WELL. SHE BLEW IT WAS SHE A SWINGER WITH HER FRIENDS WHO KNOWS GUESS WE WILL NEVER FIND OUT.

BRENDA STILL LOVED JERRY AND HE LOVED HER. GOOD STORY 5 STARS

DO YOU HAVE A FOLLOW UP STORY ON BRENDA AND JERRY? IF NOT MAYBE YOU MIGHT CONSIDER WRITING ONE.

RON

tazz317tazz317over 9 years ago
LIVE BY THE SWORD

stay true to the spoken word, no problema. TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Love?

Why is it that people in a relationship think they own the other person?

If you order someone around, you should expect them to do the opposite, if they have any self-respect.

You should ask if you respect them.

fifteen16fifteen16about 9 years ago
Best

This has to be one of the best stories on this site simply because of the realism, I am not an expert on the English language as can be seen from my writing here. I do know that the actual words chosen and the inflection in the voice can convey a different meaning to what was intended, if we went off half cocked every time that happens we would constantly be at war with our loved ones, yes you may take umbrage but you seek clarification as to the intent, his remark on page one however badly put still expressed his dislike of that sort of contest but she went ahead anyway and his feelings in front her friends did not count, no meeting of minds there.

drdetroit019drdetroit019about 9 years ago
Loved this one

I always read your stories, and this one is the best yet. Thanks

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
LEVEL HEADED

IT IS IN MY FAVORITES AND THE MORE I READ IT THE MORE I LIKE IT. JERRY IS LEVEL HEADED AND A NO NONSENCE TYPE OF GUY AND JENNY WAS A SPOILED BRAT USED TO DOING WHAT SHE WANTED. BRENDA IS JERRYS TYPE OF WOMAN THE BELIEVE THE SAME WAY.

I AM WAITING FOR A SEQUEL TO THIS STORY ABOUT JERRY AND BRENDA AND MAYBE A STAND ALONE STORY ABOUT JENNY AND WHAT HER FEELINGS ARE .(DID SHE MAKE A HUGE MISTAKE? DOES IT HAVE ANY TYPE OF EFFECT ON HER ABOUT LOSING JERRY BECAUSE OF HER ACTIONS? DOES SHE REGRET IT WHAT WOULD SHE DO DIFFERENT IF SHE COULD TURN THE CLOCK BACK.)

RON TEXAS cowboyridecc@yahoo.com

Seeker1107Seeker1107about 9 years ago
@anonymous 12/10/2014

In answer to your question, no they don't own the other person, but, obsoleting like this the other person should be willing to take the first ones feelings into account! And to do the opposite to spite him? What if you told no ordered your spouse not to have sex with someone else, would you expect them to be justified in doing just that? Just to spite you? A marriage is hard work and a lot of compromise but knowing that your spouse or significant other is vehemently against you Going around half naked in front of others and you go and do it to spite and then that same person you plan to build a life with also spills your depest darkest secrets in front of everyone, there is just no respect to be had there. She was just a spoiled little bitch and i do feel that he was right in that they were probably trying to get him into some kind of swapping club. Guess that didn't work too well for her. Would have loved to hear he fathers talk with her after that.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
good story

OK what happened to Jenny? I bet her dad was pissed at her she cost him his top agent.

Any plans for à sequel or stand alone story about Jenny?

Ron. Texas. cowboyridecc@ yahoo.com

calflashcalflashalmost 9 years ago
great read

probably a 2nd reading but just as enjoyable. The characters were all believable and well developed

GoesGruntGoesGruntover 8 years ago
Loved It

My only complaint is pretty trivial. It left me wondering what ever happened to Jen.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Nice story

Although it has improved I still feel your writing style, particularly your dialogue is stilted. You also continue to use adjectives instead of adverbs e.g.:

"We have both agreed to take it slow and see how it progresses." This should read "We have both agreed to take it slowly and see how it progresses." I know this is dialogue and the character may talk like that but my recollection is that you also do this in narrative. You need to be more knowledgeable about the rules of grammar to improve your writing standard.

Still 4* as I do enjoy your stories.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
nice

liked it. wish there was some closure with Jen.

DeKreDeKreabout 8 years ago
A pity

I regret very much that there is no separate voting for the different aspects of the stories.

I very much like the way you write, your style. What I don't like are your male protagonists. Most - not all - are real a..holes. It seems to me that they very much miss the slaves their parents used to have and use their women as a substitute, to own and govern.

I guess they would make excellent republicans.

Tootight1Tootight1about 8 years ago
good story

actually loved the story. once they met at the job interview, the story could have gone so many different ways. It had the smell of a romantic mind. not enough of those, these days, at least in real life.

GoodhueGoodhueabout 8 years ago
A Realistic Romance

- It's often a long,rocky road leading to love and marriage,and this story certainly describes that.

- Had a feeling something sex-related would lead to Jerry's break-up with Jen.While it certainly wasn't necessary,it would have been interesting know what became of Jen. (Perhaps reading about cops busting up an orgy and her name being mentioned in a newspaper article,along with that group of friends.)

- Enjoyed the segment describing the reconciliation of Jerry with Brenda,and his discovery of daughter Jeri. I guess in some cases a reprieve from a huge mistake can occur.

gmann57gmann57about 8 years ago

There are people out there that, (believe it or not) dont want to watch their wifes become sluts. have values and morals. great story

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
nice story

Thanks

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
The religious right is alive and well

A wet t-shirt contest? Really? That's what decides his life? Dumb.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
religious right?

hahaha yeah the religious right is all about getting those abortions to make life easier and not deal with consequences.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Nice story but get a dictionary

Aggravated means to make a condition worse, irritated means to be upset as in angry. This is a common error.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Liked it.

4 stars.

Would make a good TV movie.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
YEAH IT WOULD MAKE A GREAT MOVIE

Lovvvved it. Life is like a box of chocolates ya neva know what ya get! Love that movie! Love this story it's FAN BLOODY TASTIC! ! Hanks DG.HEAR. .......Love you all! Bye. Greg. Oh 10 stars = 100 %. Of ENJOYMENT BYE

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userDG Hear@DG Hear
5689 Followers
I want to thank all the readers who read and comment on my stories. If anyone would have told me 8 yrs ago (now it's 16 yrs ago) I would be writing stories (on an adult web site) I would have laughed at them. Thank you so much for the feedback and comments. It's what keep m...