All Comments on 'No Remedy for Love Ch. 08'

by podga

Sort by:
  • 33 Comments
fukmi_allnitefukmi_allnitealmost 13 years ago
So glad chapter 7 wasn't the end...

Sorry about being a 'dick' with my acrimonious comment in chapter 7. I am glad that they got their H.E.A.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
2 chapters in one day - this is the best weekend ever :D

I love this story !! All your characters in all your stories are so realistic - you have such a talent for writing !!!

I've said it before - you are my favourite writer here on Literotica !!!

CM in Sweden

roughboy18roughboy18almost 13 years ago
Wonderful story

Beautifully written.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago

Glad there was a little more to the story. Enjoyed the ending.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
Thank you

Lovely story. I'll read it again, start to finish, without the anticipation between chapters! Really, you're the best. Looking forward to the next one. No pressure. ;)

nomoretears00nomoretears00almost 13 years ago
Oh wow...

Loved how you ended it! LOL, loved what they said to each other, too!!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago

I love that they were able to work thru the issues and be happy. I may not be gay, but if I ever marry again I would love to modify Scotts vow to Tommy and promise never to be a bitch, if he will make the same promise the gents did here.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
beautiful story

I love this story! It was very well written, with a universal theme. Great job!

geemeedeegeemeedeealmost 13 years ago
Jesus, I love them. And you.

You are officially one of my top three favorite writers on this site. Thanks so much for squeezing in time to write. Your characters and situations are SO real. It's inspiring enjoyable to read about a couple that shouldn't have made it, yet decided together to make it work. The ending, of course, is perfect.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago

A beautiful story. I really liked the ending, having it end at their wedding vs. just having them 'back together' after the trip. The use of their past to show who they were and how their relationship developed was great and I liked how they met at the door symbolic of the meeting half way that you must do in a relationship. Nice job.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
5 *s

Just beautiful :)

avrgblkgrlavrgblkgrlalmost 13 years ago
Great Story

I love the way you write and the way you tell a story. You present the complexity of maintaining a relationship during the time in a life when we are supposed to know ourselves better. You break it down and present it for what it is. I know this probably is politically incorrect (I don't know but hope it's not), but I appreciate the insight into gay relationships. I respect it and it influences my relationships. Literature can be an art form when done well. You create art. You provoke us mentally and emotionally. Not just in this story but the others I've read. I'm glad I ran into you. Can't wait for your next one and you need to be working on a book. Oh and these ass holes should list you within the first three of the top list for this genre.

avrgblkgrl

CMfromSwedenCMfromSwedenalmost 13 years ago
:-)

I just noticed the special "hej" you gave me... Thank you very much - walking around with a big smile on my face... LOL

Tack Podga !!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
You are a great writer

Thanks for sharing your stories and insight with us

NightGirl359NightGirl359over 12 years ago
wow

Great ending, though I was crying from about 3 chapters back (I'm a big softy)

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago

Beautiful story. Loved the back and forth of past and present. Also loved the realism that life isn't always perfect, even for college kids.

ikhneumonikhneumonabout 12 years ago
Beautiful.

I've read this story three times now. I cry each and every time. Yeah, I'm a sentimental fool. And right now I'm damn well gonna go tell my partner I love him.

GobletHolly182GobletHolly182almost 12 years ago
so perfect, also keep rereading

realized i love this story so much because i am as, if not more, invested in the frame story as in the flashbacks with all the sex. i'm so glad we got to see older scott and tommy in bed. their love makes them both so freakin beautiful. your stories make me less scared to grow old - weird confession, i know, but figured i'd share since i really mean it as a huge compliment; you are such an inspired, talented writer!

jonathanlovescockjonathanlovescockalmost 12 years ago

this is and was one of the finest reads ive read.? you sexy thing you.? looking forwrd to more of your emails you stud muffing.? lol.lol.lol. x x x db

bnard620bnard620over 11 years ago
loved it

this story was so good and im so happy it led to a happy ending for them

TimothyMTimothyMover 11 years ago

This time I'm on Scott's side ! How could Thomas not know how important is was for him to express his love with words as well as actions. But never mind, they managed to talk it through and get back together, and I'm sure every reader gives a heartfelt sigh of relief and breaks out in a happy smile at the end of this chapter. You really are the best.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Awesome!

You are by far my most favourite gay romance author on this site tied with Daedalus369. And 'No Remedy For Love' is the best of your works, it made me feel close to tears which rarely happens. I love your mature style of writing and I hope to read more. Cheers

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Loved it!

Really sweet story that I enjoyed thoroughly!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
It's so unfair!

I wasn't so expecting this ending! I can totally relate to Scott's happiness coming from pleasing Thomas, it means he genuinely loved him. After reading pages of how much Thomas occupied Scott's thoughts and his painful longing for similar signs from Thomas, I thought he was finally gonna get it. Instead there's a dry sort of response topped with a pile of scepticism. I think Thomas didn't have the same feelings as Scott, he thought of Scott as a best friend or a brother. See how he never thought about a future together and refused when Scott suggested it. It's so sad, the wedding seems totally fake. I'm going to read it again and wallow in misery! Thank you :'(

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
bittersweet and worth remembering!

A well-penned, warm-hearted and reasonable series filled with passion and life's values. Might I say I detect a hint of stereotyping? The relationship portrayed here resembles a typical straight relationship. Scott plays the female, being more naive, sentimental, and sensitive about love and its values, and prefers to play the submissive role during intercourse. Whereas Thomas is the calm, quiet and rational half with strong morals, who has no particular interest in love or emotional ties and chooses to go along with the other person's decisions on these matters, but has a profound interest in sex and prefers to play the dominant masculine role during intercourse. I was pleased to see that you added an interesting alteration to the stereotype by portraying Scott as the 'jock' and Thomas as the 'geek', although it is much more complex than simply this. I am an aspiring writer and hope to pick up pointers from your writing. My best wishes to you and thank you for an enjoyable read.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Sweet story but...

did Thomas have to cheat? Couldn't Ivor have just been some nutty "queen" type trying to seduce him? The aspect of him physically sharing himself with someone else robs their relationship. Although I enjoyed the story and thought is was sweet, loved the ending, I give Scott credit cause I couldn't have forgiven Thomas. And he never did say "I love you".

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Different than my usual tastes, but really made sense and worked as a story

I usually don't like cheating, but the way they both cheated, yet it didn't mean anything in the end, and actually helped them get back to their love and face their issues, really made it perfect for the story. And it was equal on both sides because dealing with emotions was Scott's thing, so for him to have an emotional affair was worse, as the story said, than if he had just had sex a few times and gotten it out of his system; Tommy was more of a physical person, so for him it was meaningless sex, and that was the only type if cheating he could have done. And Tommy's was a response to Scott's provocation in a way. I am not excusing eithers' actions, but this forced them to face their problems and work through them to have a chance at a future together.

I loved how the story went back to their history and gradually explained what type if people they were. My opinions of them and their actions changed completely over the book, and it was so realistic in all its issues and obstacles, and the way that they worked through them, that I think it was a perfect story, a full five star rating and fully recommended. It's also made me more comfortable with a whole new section of romance (infidelity).

Blondie40Blondie40about 10 years ago
I love your stories

This is my second time reading your work and it still moves me. I wish you would write/submit more!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Loved it.

I don't think stereotypes have anything to do with this story. I think that each character has a whole story from their point of view and Thomas's would be just as beautiful. He is less openly affectionate, but look at his upbringing. He genuinely ares about the world around him, most particularly Scott, but only knows how to communicate that love through actions. He also didn't lecture about his views of the world, except for explaining why he wanted to get an MBA.

Also, sleeping with someone else isn't the end of the world. I would much rather my partner have an affair or two over the course of our relationship than fall in love with someone else, which is where Scott was heade with Luke. That's more hurtful, in my opinion, to the foundation of trust in any partnership.

Overall, this is a beautiful story that I would pay to read.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Didnt think HEA would happen

You left me hanging on to the end, before reading chapter 8 and knowing you write short chapters was worried you wouldn't tie up the end, but u did and did it so well.

I was happy for them to just get through it to be friends again and move back together, but to end up married, that really was a beautiful hopeful end. Hope for us all through lifes ups and downs. thank u

dnsontndnsontnalmost 3 years ago

I am reeling from the beauty and complexity of this tale of love and life. Thank you Podga, thank you...

Willman33Willman337 months ago

Thank you, this is beautiful.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous