All Comments on 'I stand before you.'

by AmberElizabeth

Sort by:
  • 12 Comments
Marguerite01Marguerite01over 12 years ago
pastel?

Is this an oil pastel? What size? Nice use of warm tonal chiaroscuro.

livingforfunlivingforfunover 12 years ago

Good piece but you should challenge yourself on the hands or the face on the next one.

RDeanRDeanover 12 years ago
unfinished

I like the lines and flow of this piece, but at least the head should be there, faces are far easier to portray than hands and you can cover a head with hair or have it droop across the face to cover flaws. I will be posting some illustrations soon myself, but I'm new to the site and working on writing for now but I'd want to have my work evaluated as well

DrawnToLifeDrawnToLifeover 12 years ago
Like it..it is just good art, and it does look like oil pastel...

I love your sensuous creamy use of your medium, which looks a tonne like oil pastel to me! :)

Anyway, if it is, I love using that medium as well. Maybe you sculpt more than draw/paint?

Either way, you clearly enjoyed laying down this image, I think :)

Love the drawing/painting, blending, colours, the feel. Nicely done :)

I'd be proud if that were something I'd rendered, and hope you get the feedback you deserve for it! ;-)

DrawnToLifeDrawnToLifeover 12 years ago
PS: whether or not it is considered unfinished by you..

I like it "unfinished"! I often end up "painting myself out of paper"..now, I'm NOT saying you do this - it's just an area I've never gotten better with - managing and planning my space and its use well. I get into it, and before I know it, I'm running out of it! *l*

But that spontaneity to it, which I appreciate here, adds the feel that you were just too interested in getting it down while you were feeling it, in other words, you cared alot in the moment about what you were doing, not just clinically imitating nature.

Also, drawing from yourself as model, esp. if surface was a small one, is tough..going in and out of pose, and kind of vulnerable too! ;-) *l* Believe me, I know! *wink*

I truly feel the piece would lose impact if a head were added, regardless of how or why you planned your final pose. And on a totally dif't note..maybe you left the head out of the frame due to modesty/self consciousness/common sense; after all, assuming it is you the post-er, (and now a fine-art poster ;) j/k - this _is_ private ground! *l*

So, serious congrats on both points; hope you keep posting,'cause I like your style.

pelicanbillpelicanbillover 12 years ago
My Comment

I Like it!!! I am not an artist, but I think this would look nice in my own surrounds. The picture is lifelike in as much as an inanimate drawing can

dandygirl22dandygirl22about 12 years ago
face

i think adding a face would detract from the body language of the painting. people would be busy trying to see where the eyes were pointing or what they were saying rather than what the body says. i love this work i hope you keep it up! also i like the fuzzy outline. it makes you think its more lifelike . a real person instead of painting something that you have a photo of.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
beautifully unfinished

it's beautiful. you're great. i love it without the head, but i would soften the tonal changes & clean up your edges

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago

Pretty good buuuut... WHERE'S. THE.HEAD?! no offence but i think its kind of kreepy w/o a head. keep posting! :)

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Beginner?

The lines are good, but could be better defined. Keep working; you have promise.

visioneervisioneeralmost 9 years ago

Very nice. Your work demonstrates you have a good grasp of the male and female figures.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
AmberElizabeth

I like it, but you can do much better. Practice, practice and grow.

Dr.Bert7319

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous