All Comments on 'Der Witwer (The Widower)'

by PostScriptor

Sort by:
  • 96 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
One of the best

Feel good story, good guy wins, bad guy gets comeuppance, all is right in the world - outside of a couple spelling errors it was perfect - 5 stars, bravo

PistolpackinpetePistolpackinpeteover 12 years ago
Slightly whimsical as you said...

and the couple of illogical inventions(Steve calling her a whore after he must have seen the emails was odd) couldn't detract from the fine writing and fateful mood projected. Great effort.

BigJohn601BigJohn601over 12 years ago
Betrayal is always painful to the innocent....

Your wife and best male friend doubly so. Loved the tale of retribution and resurection. Well done by an excellent story teller.

BriteaseBriteaseover 12 years ago
The best

As ever, fantastic.

LordSlamdawggLordSlamdawggover 12 years ago
This is a JPB story underneath all the SoCal epicurean airs and graces!

Also the 2 main protagonists from this stories had a working set of ethics. The carnality here was muted purposefully with minimal loss to readability . My chief criticism is that the author doesn't enable the vote feature so I can five star this read. Still the ' Melting' series by P.S. is still one of my all time favs but that only speaks to it's superb qualities. My thanks and envy go out to the author for this work.I'm grateful that both P.S. And previously named author give the mornings food for thought in tandem with pastry and coffee consumption.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Another Story by PostScriptor! Yay!

And with a particularly nasty and entirely appropriate bit of irreverence for a dead wife!

Keep up the good work! I agree with LordSlamdawgg: "Melting Away" is one of my favorites, too!

Rob ConnerRob Connerover 12 years ago
I would have given it 10 Stars*****

This is one of the BEST stories I've read in I don't know how long!Well written, good characters. Bravo! Good Tale!

poorrichardpoorrichardover 12 years ago
Loved it.

Great story with a nice ending. Thanks!

RehnquistRehnquistover 12 years ago
Beautiful Writing

Really, just such an incredible command of words and sentences and flow and conveying emotions. Simply beautiful.

bruce22bruce22over 12 years ago
Wonderful Read

Great writing and fine ideas. No problem that first half of the plot came from two centuries ago. It leaves you with a real positive feeling. The wife was really off her game to cheat on her husband with Stephen...

Was there any foreshadowing of this ending in the original text? I guess I will have to root around to see if I can find a copy of the text. If they only have it in German, I will have to turn the clock back fifty years, because I have been only using that language to read texts about chess and chemistry...

PS why don't you want us to vote?

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Heh!

I have to say, if this story is in another category( LW ), it would have generated 5 to 10 times more comments. another great story from PostScriptor. Thank You!

ReadTooMuchReadTooMuchover 12 years ago
Hear, hear!

Great story!

RHinSCRHinSCover 12 years ago
The thangs that I used to do...

Lord I won't do no more...Stevie Ray Vaughan. It's a shame that you can't kill 'em twice. On the other hand, I would rather be married to a witch instead of a bitch. This guy is going to have an interesting life. Karma usually takes care of people like Steve, if you like to wait. I could not wait. Maybe it was witch karma that left the cabinet door open. Good story.

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightover 12 years ago
Really, this did belong in "Loving Wives".

You would have lit up the board, so to speak. You would have ten times the views, at least, and fifty more comments. This was just very well conceived and written. That is rare to see and always a pleasure. Thanks so much for all the work. Well done!

OldHidekiOldHidekiover 12 years ago
I agree with HDK.

This is one fantastic story where the husband finds out that his wife was cheating on him, a 'Loving Wives' story.

I realize that the story has been updated, and that there were no e-mails back when the original was written. I am assuming that the original would have had letters sealed in a locked box, or something like that. I think you did a great job at updating the original story.

Secondly, the additional part was well written in the same style. This is very hard to do, but you did a fantastic job of maintaining the sytel of the first part. Great Story!

RHinSCRHinSCover 12 years ago
BTW,

Thats a big fuckin' Bison. Good job.

Raptor5Raptor5over 12 years ago
The Best

Excellent job with the story line. He had a big heartache when he discovered those emails. But in the end he got the bigger prize and still got some revenge.

gatorhermitgatorhermitover 12 years ago
Interesting and Clever

Very nice story; interesting and unusual without being incredible.

xtremeddxtremeddover 12 years ago
A life well lived, revenge on those who don't wish us happiness ...

PS,

A fitting end masterfully told.

Reap what you sew.

Thanks for sharing on Lit.

x

AZSAMAZSAMover 12 years ago
Excellent

Really enjoyed the story and construction. But I would have liked the name of the poet.

IrfonIrfonover 12 years ago
What a wonderful,sad,happy story.

So very well told - a truly enjoyable read.

Thank you so much.

huedogghuedoggover 12 years ago
a very nice tale

He did trade up and fucked his punk ass friend....nice touch.

tazz317tazz317over 12 years ago
INDIAN GIVER NOT

A very good complete novel. Has all the ingredients for a made for TV movie. TK U MLJ LV NV

Boros749Boros749over 12 years ago
Love this

Great story.

Oxford99Oxford99over 12 years ago
Grown up or still immature?

It seems to me that the protagonist is utterly childish. For example, pissing on his dead wife's grave and similar vengeful behaviour toward her memory is absolutely immature, especially considering how intelligent he supposedly is. After all, at one point they actually did love each other, but love does alter depending on circumstances. Now, taking away his rival's girl friend and the way he did it, that is a stroke of genius.

Remember, current statistics indicate that abour 70% of men and 40% of women are at some time in the marriage unfaithful to their spouses. Outrage at such behavior is pointless and immature and indicates an inability to deal with reality. Neither spouse is the property of the other. Sex does not necessarily have anything to do with love. If it were otherwise there would be no prostitutes, gigolos, or escort services.

vintageridervintageriderover 12 years ago
The Best

The best "revenge" story I've ever read. The best written one too.

demantoiddemantoidover 12 years ago
Wonderful saga of love, marriage, revenge, love, marriage...

Wow, it had it all. Ah, such a delicious treat to read this story. I am still savoring the fantastic aftertaste of your exceptional story, Postscriptor. Thank you.

cpetecpeteabout 12 years ago
Well done

Agree with other posters should have been in "Loving Wives" for a wider readership.

As far as the husband getting "even" with a his dead cheating wife, I am reminded of the saying "The man got mad at the Mountain, but the Mountain didn't know". However PS had all the husbands actions against the dead wife act as a pressure release valve. The pissing on the grave, etc. allowed the main character to let go of his anger and move on with his better life.

Thanks and well done

tazz317tazz317about 12 years ago
AN ENDING TO LIVE FOR

for love, honor and togetherness. TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
VG

I would of gave it a 10 out of 5.....bill.....keep writting

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
quite an unusual story-line

Post death finding about of cheating wife & best friend. Well thought out payback. Good story line & charecters.

myke41myke41almost 11 years ago
Good story

I enjoyed reading this story, the plot flowed and the revenge was sweet.

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveover 10 years ago
Wow

I read this story and I wish I had the experience of Kevin. Although pure fiction it was a nice way of getting revenge on the guilty parties, one now pissed on underground and the other broken, as he should be. Someday I'll write my story, but it's not as nice as this.

bandyoubandyouover 10 years ago
wow

great story, it would have been interesting if the mom was a witch, and had caused the wife to bump her head, since she new the future

fanfarefanfareabout 10 years ago
an excellent addendum

PostScriptor, you did it again with another terrific storyline of creative construction and solidly crafted writing skills.

As for those who take prognostication seriously, here is a very wise saying for you.

"If we could accurately foresee the future, instead of dying by accident or malicious intent, we would all die of boredom!"

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333almost 10 years ago
Loved it

Brilliantly devised tale. Five stars. I generally dislike tales where the husband finds out about an affair after the wife's passing. However, this story seemed to transcend that storyline. Yes, there was revenge. But I feel this one was more a romance story with him finally finding his one true love. Very well done.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Thanks

had a great time,reading that is.

TavadelphinTavadelphinover 9 years ago
I was completely unsure -

I started the story and almost as quickly thought it was not likely one I wanted to use time on -

I am Oh So Pleased I resisted that impulse - the story was a pure winner - I think I was stuck inn the Eyes Wide Shut reference and that was not what I wanted -

This however was a beautiful story of love and fate and redemption of souls and the price of betrayal. It served justice and even some selfishness to boot.

Nice work - thank you for sharing.

MorganDeWolfeMorganDeWolfeover 9 years ago
Simply Fine!

Although it is listed under Loving Wives this is definitely one of the best Romance stories I have read on this site.

Thank you PostScriptor, 5* because there isn't a 10* available

MorganDeWolfe.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
**************************************************************************************************

Fantastic story

JounarJounarover 9 years ago
5 stars and then some

My only complaint is I can't vote on such a fantastic story :)

markranemarkraneover 9 years ago
Ten Stars! **********

Had votes been enabled this may have been the highest rated story on Lit.

Two thumbs. Way UP!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Yes

About as good as it gets.

wellard94wellard94almost 9 years ago
excellent

Very well told tale, thank you for your superb work.

xtchrxtchralmost 9 years ago
Well Done!

You have put forth a very well done tale. It was entertaining and creative. I have read some comments that quoted someone that said...."The best revenge is a well lived life." or something like that. I was saddened by the wife's death at the beginning but got over that when she was a cheater. His revenge on his best friend turned out better for him. Thank You.

Tw0Cr0wsTw0Cr0wsover 8 years ago
stupid not to....

You should have allowed voting, when you get down to it most stories are derivative in some way or another.

This would have scored well too.

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333over 8 years ago
Second time through....

Still five stars. High quality writing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Truly a great peice of writing

I miss your posts ! enough said.

calflashcalflashabout 8 years ago
continuation

You're right - the original left a lot unsaid. You did a masterful job of rectifying that!

ejsathomeejsathomeabout 8 years ago
Beautiful story . . .

Beautiful story, very well written, and I love happy endings. Wish I could have given you 10*. Thank you very much.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
wow

good chacter development good read

luvsonmeluvsonmeabout 8 years ago
It Was Nice Of You

It was nice of you not to have the ratings at the end of your story. If you had, Literotica would have been forced to add five more stars to this outstanding piece of work messing up their entire rating system. Your character development separates you from the rest of your fellow authors. It was if I had know Kevin and Francesca all my life. Too bad I have know many Steves as well. Thank you for this wonderful story.

slamdog1slamdog1about 8 years ago
Tis but a flesh wound

Anything I had to say would be an understatement of your wonderful story. Bravo!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
pity

that the whore died so peacefully...

bonnietaylor2bonnietaylor2about 8 years ago
And annony it's a pitty you're stil alive at all

5 to offset the asshole of LIT's 1 vote. Hey annony, old ugly fags with ED should be banned from this site. Go suck a cock!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
All's well that ends well.

I'm always suspicious of the quality of a marriage, where a spouse can go from loving and loyal to the complete opposite extreme of betraying and cruel, and yet through that metamorphosis the other spouse has no clue. I understand you tried to use their intense and constant work schedule as an excuse for the distance between Kevin and Jessica. Yet obviously Jessica had time to be courted and dated and romanced by Steven, and service him as his slut, for a year. Just seems impossible for Kevin to be so undiscerning as Jessica switched her heart and mind away from him and over to Steven. I must say it also implies that despite being a rocket scientist Jessica was a really stupid and blind person.

But the ultimate irony is that Kevin and Francesca must always be grateful to Jessica and Steven for bringing them together. And in keeping with karmic harmony, Jessica, who was also used and betrayed by Steven, was allowed a merciful painless departure from Kevin's life, while Steven will spend the rest of his life in regret and humiliation. I wonder how often and for how long Steven will be rereading Jessica's emails, allowing that acid to eat away at his heart and mind. Obviously it is a small meal.

Well done. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
great story slightly ruined

Well written story and well planned out . Great plot and different to other stories written in this genre . Loved the way you got even with Steven . But ! Jessica was dead at thirty . Personally I find it hard to stomach what was done with her burial site and her remains . To me ! That spoiled the story a little bit. . Otherwise great story .

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Are you nuts!

Having sex on her grave and pissing on it was his only possible revenge. His wife was a cheating bitch. If it happened to me, I would have done exactly the same thing but i would go back ever year to piss on her!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Paybacks a Bitch

:)

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
@anon-great story slightly ruined

Noting your qualms I can only state you have never been so utterly and cruelly not to mention intentionally betrayed.

If not for her despising the thought of cremation and burial, I would have left her corpse naked and exposed on an ant hill in the desert after defecating and urinating on her. I most assuredly would have enlightened everyone she knew about her adultery

JbRobertssonJbRobertssonover 6 years ago
Second time reading...

Excellent story and writing. Completely satisfying, wonderful. Thanks for sharing.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
***********

I second the motion---emotion--whatever. A great piece of writing.

tazz317tazz317almost 6 years ago
LOOK AT WHAT YOU HAVE GAINED

then compare at what you lost, TK U MLJ LV NV no stars mlj

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
NICE.

FABULOUS STORY VERY WELL WRITTEN,ONE TO COME BACK TO,THANKS, 5 ⭐️.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
I wouldnt have cremated and buried the bitch

I'd have donated her corpse to a med school, 3 to 7 years of her body being cut up and messed with, only for her to be cremated and buried in an unmarked grave when he refused to accept the remains back - ensuring her family could never visit her grave

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Mule

It’s “Mule Creek Junction”, not “Two Mule Junction”. Been there many times.

Bebop3Bebop3over 4 years ago
I wish...

... you had left the scoring on so I could give this 5 stars.

Great job.

Jhbrown27Jhbrown27over 4 years ago
Good story

Good plot, well written, and interesting to read. Give it 5 stars if I could.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Beautiful, just Beautiful!

Unbelievably great story. There are a few (just a few) idiot commenters who are obviously marriage cheaters who believe that their own sins of cheating should not result retribution such as the hero’s wife received. These commenters are just Cretans. Moving her cremated remains to a remote small grave yard was glorious. And the pissing on her grave the final cherry on the top! These cheaters seem to think that if you really love them, you would look past their minor transgressions (their cheating on their marriages) since it was only “sex” so no harm was done. They have no understanding what this treacherous act did to the hero’s heart and mind. He had given his loving heart to his wife and she just kicked it around and then jumped on it. I truly hope that all these cheaters get the same retribution!

tompo296tompo296over 4 years ago
Excellent Story

The initial premise of the distraught husband grieving for his young widow was well written and the discovery of her betrayal hidden in the files of her computer was a revelation and it had to be his best friend being the source of his pain. To take his friends fiance was the evil twist of the knife.

5* from me!

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Thanks for sharing...

I think what i like most about this story is its fiendish simplicity, the only thing i didn't like was the comment of "final revenge" in the proposal. (childish & unnecessary)

Thanks for a grate read.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
5* All the Way

I usually don’t like revenge plots that involve the MC fucking the wife/gf of the guy who fucked his wife, but this was very well written and didn’t seem at all like revenge, but more a natural process.

Well done!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Great Story

5*

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Stars

No stars available to award so here goes with my version. 5stars plus, well written and most enjoyable.89

SirCarlSirCarlover 3 years ago
Very well.....

Thought out, written, and presented. Well Done!

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Ah, crap!

Come to the end and go looking to hit the 5 star and it's not there

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

Excellent

andyinozandyinozover 3 years ago
Thank you PostScriptor

5 stars

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
whom would want to know my opinon

I loved the story. It was compelling and of course well written.

I understood from the beginning it 's rating was turned off.

I learned some new phrases and their meanings, however due to my environment I will not use them and shall soon forget.

Why is a rating so important? You may guess my rating if your wish.

RC

26thNC26thNCabout 3 years ago

Not bad, although.he was cheated our of his revenge on Jessica. Taking Francesca from Steve eased the pain from the cheating a good bit.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

What a sly slut whore to have as his wife and what a hypocritical bastard, to have as a "best friend". Never could understand how blind and dumb, the husbands in these stories are depicted as being!! Enjoyed the story, even if the plot was predictable. 5*s.

LwcbyLwcbyover 2 years ago

Loved it!

anon 2 months ago. The reason, IMNSHO, is because we aren’t cheaters, so we don’t contemplate others cheating. My friends say I’m too trusting, because I don’t lie, I usually believe sob stories, and when I can afford it help people out. Well, I have lied in the past. Yes baby you give great head, no your ass isn’t getting wide, etc. That’s the reason, it’s also why they say set a thief to catch one...

Rhoan1921Rhoan1921about 2 years ago

A lovely story, thankyou

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Shades of Bob Saget's death.

mattenwmattenwabout 2 years ago

More than very good. A truly captivating story! 5*!!!

Boyd PercyBoyd Percyalmost 2 years ago

Great story! I wish you had allowed voting.

5

jsch1947jsch1947over 1 year ago

You elevated the cuckold formula to a work of art!

The fact that she was burned posthumously, helped a lot!

jsch1947jsch1947over 1 year ago

I loved the story, the characters were vivid and real. The dialogue was believable, as we're their reactions.

Bravo.

You should have allowed voting. This was a 6 star masterpiece

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Great story- one if the best. Great plot and character development. Wish I could give this 5 stars

inka2222inka2222over 1 year ago

A great story! I know the author turned off voting, but 5 stars, anyway!

RanDog025RanDog025over 1 year ago

You know, you wrote a hell of a good story! I almost passed it up and when I got to the dot dot dots, I wanted to quit. You see, some of love to listen to the story by text reader and they don't edit out all those fucking dot dot dots. When I was the Editor in Chief at the Publishing Co. 33 years ago, if I'd read that in a manuscript I'd just toss it into the trash bin. When you can speed read and edit 8 to 10 pages a minute it eventually ruins the eye sight so now I listen to the story. The last one I read was almost as good as yours. The Author must have Majored in Literature classes because it was flawless and zero dot dot dots. I suggest to all Authors to write their stories, load the text file into TextAloud, the best one on the market and listen to it while staying in pace with your text file and correct all the mistakes as you listen to your own story. Other than hiring a proofreader/editor to go over your mistakes, because there will be some, it is your best tool. I loved the story and rate it at 5 BIG ASS FUCKING HUGE FLAMING NOVA STARS! Thank you for an excellent story!

WargamerWargamerabout 1 year ago

What a great story, loved it.

Jessica got what she deserved an unmarked pissed on grave somewhere in the desert and Steve got what he deserved, the loss of everything he held precious.

Well done!!!

I know you turned off scoring

But this gem scores 5/5 effortlessly

mainer42mainer4211 months ago

fantastic tale and very well written

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Great story. Depressing but also fulfilling

XluckyleeXluckyleeabout 2 months ago

I enjoyed this story so much I had to score it 5 stars from Xluckylee even though you turned off the scoring.

NoBullAlNoBullAlabout 2 months ago

Quite liked this story!! Not quite what I expected as I expected that wife would have been murdered and best friend to be a master villain!!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous