All Comments on 'The Crusader Ch. 01'

by woodmanone

Sort by:
  • 15 Comments
The NavigatorThe Navigatorover 12 years ago
Powerful beginning

WMO, you have a wonderful beginning to this story. Main characters are well fill out in three dimensions, background well established, and there are many ways this story can proceed.

Technically well presented. Realistic dialog. Story line is very believable.

I'm looking forward to the next installation. If this follows the pattern of your previous stories here, this will be a classic.

bruce22bruce22over 12 years ago
Excellent First Chapter

I hope that it is a long one... Woodie, you seem adept at all forms and thus ought to work a bit on the toughest format, LW! Yes, I know that the commentaries are often absurd and unfair, but it gets a much larger audience engaged. This title had me thinking we would have a knight on horseback historical tale... Which would be reasonable after your fine Westerns.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Some good parts but not your best effort

Characters seem one-dimensional, plot predictable, and dialogue rehearsed. Nevertheless the chapter has some merit and obvious potential, the temporal transitions are handled expertly for example. Will read on and hope the next installment adds flavor.

donaldedonaldeover 12 years ago
great first chapter

excellent first chapter i thoroughly enjoyed it and am looking forward to the next installment excellently done as always

LoneStarRiderLoneStarRiderover 12 years ago
for the record.......

For the record: my son (in a position to know) has told me that the "other" reason to use a 9mm is because it is more likely to penetrate the usual body armor.

Is a .45 better, generally? Highly probable. But a 9mm has its advantages.

LoneStarRiderLoneStarRiderover 12 years ago
ding, ding, ding, ding, ding!!!!

Excellent writing, and covering a rather dicey topic. Good work!

hodunkhodunkover 12 years ago
Five Stars !

Thank you for the first chapter of another great woodmanone story. Excellent start and can't wait for 2nd chapter.

LordSlamdawggLordSlamdawggover 12 years ago
Did You Create This Story By Improvising The Scenes With Each Character Being Represented By Puppet Dangling Strings

It Would Account For the Wooden Dialogue! This story was simplistic to the point of making hoary, black and white Dragnet rerun play like Checkov. I've read your work in past and appreciated the Horatio Alger thread that runs in tandem with 'We Are ultimately responsible for our choices ' mantra. Your stories involving family connections are the affecting to me ,

Funny though now that I think of it: though you insist that unhappy childhood is no alibi for adult hubris . Most if not all your heroes and heroines have the advantage of very caring albeit stern parents.

I'm going to close this by thanking you sincerely for the collective pleasure your body of work had given me. Personally I think this individual story is a clunker but any story even the lesser ones don't come into being without time and work. You are experimenting with fictional format beyond past comfort zones. Bravo!

This one isn't to my taste but it appears by posted ratings you've found your demographic. They appear to be the segment of population that thought Adam 12 was a little racy and Hill Street Blues was subversive folodarol. Good luck with that!

tazz317tazz317over 12 years ago
THE MOUNTIES ALWAYS GET THEIR MAN

and Rollie doesnt have a horse or a dog. TK U MLJ LV NV

tazz317tazz317over 8 years ago
THE CRUSADERS

one was a knight another was Batman. TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
crusader 01

Ed Grocott

edgrocott@gmail.com

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
crusader 01 2nd

Ed Grocott

edgrocott@gmail.com

Chief3BlanketChief3Blanketover 7 years ago
So far so good

Looking forward to reading the rest of the chapters. I have started to read this story two or three times before, I but just couldn't get into it beyond the first few paragraphs.

DrtywrdsmithDrtywrdsmithabout 1 year ago

Good start! ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

Just for the record, research on ballistic gel has repeatedly shown that the .45 ACp is not a superior round than the 9mm; especially with recent advances in bullet technology.

The FBI requires 12-18 inches of generation and the 9mm can even sometimes, pass through, which is not desirable. Bullet wound channel are roughly equivalent with the 9mm, some cases being superior. Also, having 15 rounds v. 7 is an advantage.

Last, the recoil from the .45 is no words than the 9 and is, in fact a bit softer so muzzle flip is roughly the same.

I've shot a 1911 .45 ACP for 2 decades but use a 9mm because it is more compact and better suits my fairly small stature.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userwoodmanone@woodmanone
2293 Followers
I believe age and cunning will overcome youth and enthusiasm every time. Being some what of an egomaniac I believe my stories are very interesting. Only the readers can verify or disprove that premise. Several of my stories are based on my own experience or most have a little ...

story TAGS

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

SIMILAR Stories