All Comments on 'Last Call'

by Slirpuff

Sort by:
  • 100 Comments
tazz317tazz317over 12 years ago
LAST CALL AND TIME OUT

but no one knows for how long. TK U MLJ LV NV

FD45FD45over 12 years ago
Interesting

This is, of course, a sex site though there is a strong 'story' sub element here which doesn't involve sex.

You decided to investigate infidelity, not with a man, but with a bottle (which can be used in interesting sexual ways, if those overseas videos are to be believed). Still it fits into the genre, involving love with something else and disrespect.

And let me say that it's incredible how well your writing has improved in readability. Getting that editor was key and give her my congratulations. I believe this is the most error free story of yours I've read. Well done!

The wife needed some more development, even though it was primarily from her POV. The husband a bit more so.

As always, I enjoyed the story.

huedogghuedoggover 12 years ago
damn good story about a stupid woman

she got what she deserved

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
It is a welcome relief to find a story in LW where the man is not a wimp.

Well done Slirpuff. Always look forward to seeing one of your tales pop up. 95% (or more) of the tales here are garbage tales degrading husband. You are such a welcome relief to the sick authors. Keep writing!

bruce22bruce22over 12 years ago
Light in Darkness

This could have been super depressing but ended nicely.

It is amazing what human beings will do to nice people who try to avoid conflict. This gal really believed that her husband was completely under her control and knew no limits!

Alfie HigginsAlfie Higginsover 12 years ago
not bad but...

there are so many of these stories on this site where the wronged husband immediately ends up with a deus ex machina woman, conveniently available to cushion the fall.

Damn. Sorry slirpuff, I just remembered that I used that trick myself. But I used it 5-6 years ago. By now it's way overused.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

AnotherClosetReaderAnotherClosetReaderover 12 years ago
A guilty man point his finger at FD45

Actually, it's not a "sex" site, it's an "erotica" site. Erotic and sex are not the same thing. They can cross each others paths and occasionally run along the same track for a bit, but they are two separate critters. The erotic arouses the passions, not always in the "sexy time" way. Just read the comment sections of 90% (or more) of the LW section. Lots of people get hot and bothered there, hot under the collar and can't be bothered to be polite. But yeah, It was a pretty good tale of domestic bliss gone wrong.

studebakerhawkstudebakerhawkover 12 years ago
Wimp? Not a wimp?

Hard to say, at least for me. As seen in the relatively brief snapshot of this story, our hero appeared mostly non-wimpish. The question is how long he has been putting up with this crap. We know his loving co-worker has been aware of his problems for at least two years, but he could have been putting up with her behavior for fifteen or twenty years. That would be majorly wimpish. It could be argued that he only endured it "for the sake of the kids" (at lest it sounds more noble than wimpish) or that he saw it as part of "in sickness and in health." (definitely more noble than wimpish), but we simply have no evidence to base that on. In the final analysis, does it really matter? Our hero has already passed the point of "to be, or not to be?" and has decided his course of action.

.

For me, the questions about this story arise from the circumstances on the cruise. Why did he book two rooms? Did Steve foresee some scenario where the cruise would start with each woman in her respective cabin and he would decide his future based on the events of the cruise? If Donna had shown up and wanted to save the marriage, why would Sherrie even get on the boat? Seems like it would be hard for Steve to convince Sherrie he was committed to the marriage when he had Plan B lurking in the background? Other than this small point, I enjoyed your story and hope to see more from you in the future.

DrallDrallover 12 years ago
Sad!

But well done. Thank you for another good one.

RePhilRePhilover 12 years ago
Wonderful snapshot story!

Well written and a telling tale

gatorhermitgatorhermitover 12 years ago
Concise, Well Written Story

Another shrew bites the dust but with ex-husband taking the high road and living well. Excellent! Well done SP.

Harryin VAHarryin VAover 12 years ago
this one is OK

Not great but OK.... SUPPOSE the wife did show up.... what would of happened? would the husband abcked down?

its clear that the wife... for whatever reason... DID think he was a serious wimp so one can reasonably speculate that he would of backed down

KirkelKirkelover 12 years ago
Finally

This site has gone to hell with all the "I want to watch someone fuck my wife" Loving Wives stories.

Thanks for this one. They need a new category, maybe, "no to cheating" or "cheating revenge" or "infidelity" or, I know, "cheating wives" or...

nakdsubnakdsubover 12 years ago
I guess the part that didn't work for me

Was he, and his girlfriend, waiting at the gate. If she had been on the plane that's not much of a real effort to restart a marraige, Hi honey, this is my girlfriend.

It wasn't a bad story though.

demantoiddemantoidover 12 years ago
Fun read.

Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Another good one

Short and sweet, well written. Thanks SP!

MissouriUSAMissouriUSAover 12 years ago
Good Short Story! I enjoyed it!

Thanks for sharing the story, Slirpuff!

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightover 12 years ago
This story was missing an element or two.

I consider stories like this a straight line. There is no deviation, curve, twist. or any real plot, for that matter. A guy gets tired of a nagging, alcoholic wife and divorces her and marries his secretary. That is the Cliff Note version.

ChagrinedChagrinedover 12 years ago
An interesting change.and challenge!

This was, as HDK said, a straight story. No curves, plot changes, nothing. A -> B -> C -> End. No bad, but nothing unexpected.

BUT, as also previously identified is that it was a story where the infidelity was different. She had her affair with a bottle. And in the hands of a really talented person like Rehnquist (sic) or Ohio, this could be really epic stuff.

Not that Sirpuff shouldn't be given a hand for his effort. He should. But, there is so much more potential here.

Maybe some of our better writers (HDK, SSO6, OHIO, just to name a few. You all know who you are) should get together and accept this challenge:

Everyone write a story in which there can be sex, infidelity and cheating, but where the underlying culprit is a love of an addition. :)

Cheers

Chargined

jasonnhjasonnhover 12 years ago
Interesting take

This is a story about the dangers of loving someone too much. The guy is a wimp for love. His wife has run over him all during their lives together. The only question I have is, what did he do to stop it? Not much apparently. He just got fed up with it. Yeah, she was a bitch. Maybe she was not redeemable. But we'll never really know. His failure was to be a wimp and let her get away with it. He never called her to account and to seek her better nature. He enabled her. It's like buying a drug addict drugs.

In the end he just ran away from the problem. He KNEW she wouldn't show up in Florida. She had every reason to believe he would return and apologize. He always had before. He finally grew a tiny spine and set her up. Then he scuttled away. He helped her become a monster and then abdicated any responsibility for the problem.

It's nice he now has a woman who loves him but I'm not sure he deserves her.

bigguy323bigguy323over 12 years ago
I agree with HDK. But, I still liked the story.

z

chytownchytownover 12 years ago
THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

At last a great read without all the weird crap. Thanks for sharing. Damn I love this story!!!!!!!!

ParPlus10ParPlus10over 12 years ago
Good quick read

Sometimes a quick story fit the bill. There was little character development, but still overall it kept my attention.

I do think it is pretty insulting for Chagrined to put the challenge to other writers.

I did not see where Slirpuff made the challenge. But maybe I missed it.

RHinSCRHinSCover 12 years ago
Good

I could not last for two years of this treatment. I would snap and kill the bitch inside of three months.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
I wish I could give more than 5

I loved it. I have read all of the comments and I agree with the few that said this could have been expanded, but I love that you captured it so concisely.

We all k ow the woman. We have all met her, and know someone like her. A few of us have been stupid enough to fall in love with her.

As for the man, those of us who have been in love, or are currently in love know him. Despite the pain being in love always brings, I feel sad for those commenters who seem to believe such feelings are the result of a dispassionate and logical evaluation of the person. That path can lead to a safe and risk managed relationship, but never the passion of being in love.

My own experience, as a male who likes to give and gets great joy from the smile of the woman he devotes himself too, I am very close to believing all women are related to the woman portrayed in this story. But maybe my current love, will work out. She is a passionate feminist, but also a gender agnostic friend.

All that aside, and none of it matters to the story, it found it a great read. I loved it,

Thank you

cpetecpeteover 12 years ago

Well done SP. Straight little tale that was enjoyable.

Look forward to more of your work anytime.

woodmanonewoodmanoneover 12 years ago
Well Done Sir

Enjoyable tale where the good guys win and the bad people get what's coming to them.

Thanks for your hard work.

Woodmanone

PistolpackinpetePistolpackinpeteover 12 years ago
Nothing to really grab onto....

....yet still poignant. Thanks for the rare brevity.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Short sweet and to the point-well done author!

Liked it and fuck the 'shoe-no-IQ" like ignorant assholes and the idealistic RACC wimps.

ChagrinedChagrinedover 12 years ago
To ParPlus10

My challenge was not a disparaging one. Might one inquire what was insulting about it?

And I often throw challenges out there because we have many good writers and I think this particular approach (being unfaithful for reasons other than sex and exploring that) could be quite interesting and I would love to see their take on it. More marriages break up because of alcohol, drugs and gambling addiction or money than because of dipping ones nib in a forbidden inkwell.

And writers enjoy a good challenge, I think.

If I offended anyone, I apologize. But, since the critique nor the challenge was directed towards you, I have to wonder why you took offense and what got your knickers in a twist.

Regards

C

blue4242blue4242over 12 years ago
Always

I always read your stories.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Short

your shortest, i think. but that is all there is for the story anyway. short on drama but still liked it.

digdaddyrichdigdaddyrichover 12 years ago
Short but good

Even though the story is on the short side, it was good and a complete story, and a good storyline.

A fine example of a tightly written story, straight and to the point and yet smooth reading.

Thanks for the fine story

lonewolf3307lonewolf3307over 12 years ago
Well, that's certainly an improvement on recent efforts...

Not your best writing by a long shot but, at least, your story idea didn't completely suck, for a change.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
One of your better ones

Well done much better, similar to "how high a price" Good job.

tinky1922tinky1922over 12 years ago
Good story but....

I love these stories. However, I failed to see any outright cheating by Sherry. She was a drunk. And she obliviously is an alcoholic in this story. Maybe a little delving into her problem would have brought to light how the husband might have tried to get her help and failed. Then this would have justified him leaving.

Most of these stories always has an inkling of wedding vows mentioned. Almost always it's about the deal breaking "forsaking all others" vow. However, not many deal with the "in sickness and in health" vow that is all too important.

She is a sick person who needs help. Maybe he tried and maybe he didn't.

Anyway, it was a great story. It hit a few personal nerves with me and shook a few old memories here. With that I commend you. Only a few authors here can really do that. Many try. And I thank them for trying. But few really succeed. You did.

Thank You!!

LordSlamdawggLordSlamdawggover 12 years ago
I keep coming back. retracing this story & think it's underated!

Here's why. I resented at first read, the fact that the husband & wife never had a direct face-off confrontation in the timeline presented. NOW however I see it as a experiment where Slirpuff tells the problems of the story in flashbacks and in the aftermath of Steve's departure. Slirpuff is trying a new way to tell a tale & I respect someone pushing themselves .

The story is a little flat due to no arguments , yet it does keep moving and reaches it's preset goal by the conclusion- kind of like a guest who doesn't overstay his welcome. There's a sadness to the story that draws me in as well but it doesn't cross the line & get maudlin. At one te this couple loved each other but now the woman too self absorbed to rise to the challenge of his ultimatum that they work at being a couple 'or else' .

It should be noted this man has chinks in his armor as well . Other comments have pointed them out so I won't reiterate his flaws. Yet that's what adds deph to this story as you try to weigh who bears what percentage of the blame. It's very personal and the same reader can come to different conclusions depending on what kind of day they have.

I enjoy Rehnquist stories as much as the next guy BUT I relate much better to Slirpuff's characters because they can be good guys yet quirky , abrupt , demanding and not very graceful when frustrated and on their bad days they do a first rate imitation of being an asshole.

This is much as I think myself to be. With Rehnquist - about the only flaw his leading males face is that they have no flaws aka ' too nice' and get taken advantage of by the women in their life. I do however aspire to be as adept as R. 's heroes ( except the too nice part).

To wind things up and bring home main points -1) I enjoy the noveau Slirpuff story telling method. He kept it short , made his point and got the hell out.

2) It's also great to have him step inside of the mind of the deluded female of this story & bear witness as her false suppositions backfire in various messy ways.

3) his hero is not a hero per se , he is ' good people ' who definitely have foibles but has been patient and by God is drawing a line in the sand and MEANS it.

- I, for one , can learn from that.

OldHidekiOldHidekiover 12 years ago
Solid Story.....

No violence, no cheating, just a man finally getting on with life. Thank You.

terrydavidterrydavidalmost 12 years ago
A classic!

Thanks author!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
Thank you, Slirpuff

Your grounded and realistic scenario translated into well-thought-out and well executed narrative.

I gave you 5 stars for this. Mostly because I liked it and enjoyed the read so much, but partially because it provided an antidote after reading another short story on this site in the last day or so, where I broke my own rule of not dumping on an 'author'.

I could not let it pass by without commenting on it, and I was so harsh, I fear my contribution got deleted (hah... another first for me). Oh well (in it, I had asked if he had chosen a whole lot of random words, put them in a blender, then tipped them onto a page!).

Please, others, if you are going to write, make every effort to lift your standard. I actually didn't mind the basis of the other submission, but the delivery was so bad that I cannot call it a story.

If you are interested in writing, then try a little study... or try to analyze how a good author (such as... er... Mr... Puff?) creates interest, spends time on the structure, crafts it carefully, probably thinks about it and gets other's advice before submission.

My 2c worth. Rant over. Back to normal programming.

betrayedbylovebetrayedbylovealmost 12 years ago
Nice

A marriage is a two way street with both contributing to the life together. If only one is participating sometimes you just have to call it a day. End the marriage and start over. Refreshing tale. Thanks

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
Judas

slurping the hot jizz, he lubed up his cornhole, betrayed!

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
A loving wife story!!!

I am stunned a lw without cheating. Yet the ex is a vindictive bitch. How refreshing to read.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
We knew from the beginning how it would end

The author made it obvious what an overbearing, ungrateful shrew the wife was. Probably her tragic flaw was her self inflated believe that her overbearing attitude was best for her husband's business success and her family life. And that tragic flaw was what led to her demise.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Bugger

She sounds just like my wife. I'd better read this story again to get my plan right.

sugnasugnaalmost 11 years ago
The Truth

The truth is that while men often get married for sex, women get married to have someone to pay for their children. If love doesn't take hold in their hearts, the marriage is just a business transaction. At the end of the deal, when the kids are grown, more than likely one of them is going to feel like they got shafted. Or, perhaps they may think they can get a better deal somewhere else. Without learning how to love your spouse, and do your damn job the marriage will fail.

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333over 10 years ago
Loved it

Well done. Thanks.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Well done

No matter how often I read this one - I still love it. Thank you.

Sam37Sam37over 10 years ago
Men get married for sex?

Not exactly. Is sex important? Yes, but that is an oversimplification. I love sex. I want it often. Yet that is not the whole picture. I want INTIMACY and love. Rarely do I want "wild, monkey sex". The truth is I prefer to make love, and I believe this to be true of many men. The physical act of intimacy unites two people in a way unlike any other.

TLDR: men desire intimacy, too.

SP: Good story.

sugnasugnaover 10 years ago
More Common Problem

This is not an uncommon type of marital relationship. For some reason, some women give into their bitch side until it completely takes them over. How can anyone live with that? Many men do, for the sake of their kids. When the kids leave, so does the husband. More common than the psycho cheating wife scenario.

tazz317tazz317over 10 years ago
#2 AFTER HEARING THAT SO MANY TIMES

she finally understood the double entendre, TK U MLJ LV NV

LickideesplitLickideesplitover 10 years ago
Five & Fav!

A marvelous tale! Don't know how I missed it, but I am not in the 'comments' (a better 'tell' than my memory!) Lots of great comments, LSD and HDK as usual, but I was most taken by Sugna!

A favorite! and Five, of course!

fanfarefanfareabout 10 years ago
rampant hypocrisy

Mirror Image of Slirpuff's "Last Call" by fanfare

"Steve is heavily drinking, out with his bar buddies, ignoring his faithful wife Sherry, who is patiently waiting for her alcoholic husband to come home. When he does show up he is abusive and due to the alcohol sexually unresponsive. Unwilling to put up with this sham of a marriage any longer Sherry leaves for a cruise with her assistant Don. And then files for a divorce."

The exact same commentators who are applauding the actions of Slirpuff's Steve violating his marital oath would violently react to fanfare's Sherry. Demanding her death by torture while her children are forced to watch.

DunaDunaabout 10 years ago
Nowdays and 100 years ago

@ fanfare In the countries of the Western Culture the majorities of the women divorce the violance or alcoholic husbands nowdays. I remember the woman magazines advertising the divorce for battering/suffering women in Hungary in the 1960s years. This was almost a campaign in Hungary.

phil2213phil2213about 10 years ago
Excellent story but.....

I rated this 5 stars, but there are issues. For one, there was never a conversation with the couple. There was never a communication except for the showdown letter. What was tried in the past to ameliorate their relationship? If the wife is a bonafide alcoholic, Did hubby seek help or confront the issue with ultimatums? Of course, some readers will presume these efforts were made by the husband or maybe they feel he wasn't responsible to help his wife. Maybe intellectualizing this isn't the right course of action. In spite of all this it was very good reading. The husband having his new squeeze on the cruise wasn't in good taste but it seemed to be his ability to predict his wife's behavior. I guess the morale of this story is: "life and love is precious learn to appreciate it". Again thank you Slirpuff for an arousing story of love gone wrong.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Sorry

First, he knew she had a drinking problem. So, he leaves a ticket for her that requires some cognitive ability and for her to act quickly. Neither of these were possible. It would have worked better for me if the plane left the next day.

Next, I stopped when he had a girlfriend. Geez, negates all of his letter.

tazz317tazz317over 9 years ago
LAST CALL DOESNT MEAN NEXT

that only happens in the barber shop and shoe shine parlors, TK U MLJ LV NV

KarenEKarenEover 9 years ago
@phil2213

He didn't have his "squeeze" on the ship.

She was his friend and confidant, and was only there if Sherry either didn't show or if things didn't work out between Sherry and Steve.

She only became his "squeeze" when Sherry chose not to show up. And 3 hours should have been enough time for a hung-over lush to catch the plane.

impo_60impo_60over 9 years ago
He gave her...

He gave her a chance, maybe knowing she was stupid and self-centered to not accept it...And he was right...

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
so.

The long suffering husband turns out to be a scumbag.

good story

tazz317tazz317about 9 years ago
WE'VE ALL HEARD THAT PHRASE

just didn't/couldn't/wouldn't put any significance to the sound. TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
So Anon 2/19/05

The long suffering husband didn't become a scumbag. He failed to stand up for himself, he failed to draw and enforce boundaries. He finally drew a line in the sand and realized that Donna was the one for him. He had been without love for so long so he divorced himself from the b and didn't waste time in wrapping up the right woman. Your only correct statement was "good story."

WilsonMeisterWilsonMeisterover 7 years ago
Like many Marriages that have gone Stale

Without considerable joint communication between Spouses,

THIS IS THE RESULT

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Loved it

Five plus stars.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
AND ANOTHER DUMB BITCH BITES THE DUST.

I was married to a arrogant, mouthy bitch like that and when I found out that she was fucking other men, I stopped paying for the house, her car, our business and rental properties and then shut my business down before taking ALL of the cash and driving off into the sunset. The only good luck I had was that she couldn't have kids. She decided to 'show me' by filing for divorce in a no fault state. She got it and then, typical for her, she stiffed her lawyer for payment. THEN... she got REMORSE... realized that men who bought her everything she wanted and handed her four hundred a week in cash to pay household bills that, including the mortgage payment, totaled less than that for a month. It took her a year to find out where I was and move there. I moved again and it took her two years fo find me again. When she moved there, I came back to where I started from and even her family didn't tell her that I was back. I bought a house and her two younger sisters.moved in with me. Yup, I was boning both of them. My ex finally moved back and was surprised to find out that her two sisters lived with and had kids by her ex husband. She was furious at her mother and father for not telling her that I was back. When she gave shit to her sisters for fucking me, they just laughed at her and told her that she had to be the stupidest bitch in the world for cheating on a man who can keep two horny women satisfied.

Great story but the ending was both abrupt and a bit foggy so I gave it four stars.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
COMPLETION OF THOUGHT FOR PREVIOUS COMMENT

When I wrote this sentence, I didn't finish the thought.

THEN... she got REMORSE... realized that men who bought her everything she wanted and handed her four hundred a week in cash to pay household bills that, including the mortgage payment, totaling less than that for a month, weren't that plentiful. (especially one who was foolish enough to love her)

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Long enough

It took long enough for him to dumb the selfish bitch,he should have done it a year earlier.

26thNC26thNCabout 5 years ago
Spot

That one.hit the spot. You are definitely a master writer. Loved it.

Just_WordsJust_Wordsabout 5 years ago
Different.

Good to read a story on a different theme. I like it. Hell, I've lived it.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Took him too long

Above average

He took the high ground but gave her too long

Logins forgetful. Johntwheels@aol

Just_WordsJust_Wordsover 4 years ago
Read it again.

Great to read a story where infidelity wasn't the reason for the divorce. In many ways it was more realistic.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Pretty Good

I liked it right up to the last paragraph. I just don’t think the cold blooded bitch had it in her to have regrets about her treatment of him.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 4 years ago
Different Bank?

Why do they always open new accounts at a different bank? If it's in just his name, the original bank STILL can't let her touch the money.

SpencerfictionSpencerfictionover 4 years ago
A good story

Enjoyed this and was pleased at the outcome that her refusal to change allowed her ex to live his life again.

TajfaTajfaover 4 years ago
Communicate

A different story with no cheating. However, why didn't he talk to his wife? Seems a bit ridiculous to leave a note when he knows she will probably be inebriated. If he really wanted to save his marriage he could have insisted on counselling or at least have sat down and talked. Having a ready made replacement in the wings tends to show he wasn't really trying to fix his marriage so there seems to be fault on both sides. However, 4 stars for a very good story.

26thNC26thNCabout 4 years ago
Reading again

Great story about a wife who isn't cheating, but is impossible to live with. I think he had probably tried many times to talk with her, but she wouldn't listen until it was too late.

robroy93robroy93about 4 years ago
Enough

Enough is enough and she just didn't listen until It was too much. Great story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago

Did Timriv blame the husband? Were the words, "pride" and "ego", used at any point?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Re: Tajfa And sbrook103x

Tajfa, I think you answered your own question. He knew she would be drunk, how can you make sense to a drunk? You can't, so he left her a letter spelling everything out that she could understand if she sobered up. You will notice that even when she did at least partly sober up she didn't even read the whole thing. So you think she would have made a better decision if he tried talking to her again? How many times do you suppose he had already tried that? Seems everyone in their families were surprised they were still together, why do you suppose that was?

sbrooks103x, I love your comments almost as much as your stories. My daughter when she worked at a Credit Union explained the answer to your question. She told me that if this ever happened to me to always open a separate account at another institution because even though they aren't supposed to, people will often give out information they could get fired for. A lot of times doing joint business at the same place people tend to make friends and friends tend to like to 'help' friends. Flags usually go up when someone comes into a new place and try to 'social engineer' information on a new account.

Seemed a bit strange to me for them to put an engagement notice in the paper before the divorce was actually finalized. When I went through it, judges had the nasty habit of asking the question if there was anyone else in the picture and if there were any plans to marry someone else. There was always the implication that there had better not be or one would find themselves back in front of a not too happy judge, seemed most didn't much care for being lied to. Something about contempt of court or perjury or some other damned fool legal thing, Rehnquist could explain it. I guess that's one more thing that has changed. Another good one Slir, a happy couple and a bitter, alcoholic cunt of an ex. Doesn't get much better than that. Don't know how many times I've read Slir's biography, but it's been enough times to believe there is a lot of his life in these stories. Signed: BTW

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Disagree with most

First, He said it would get ugly so I believe she cheated, not once but many times. She did not fight the divorce so it did not get ugly. Why because she was cheating and she knew it would be even worse for herself.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Walk

I have walked the same road! I made it out also!

MarkT63MarkT63over 3 years ago

She may not have cheated; just a miserable bitch is reason to dump her!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
"That's very odd..."

is what everyone said about 6 months later when Donna was found dead in the stairwell at their office. She had fallen down a full flight of concrete stairs and had received severe head trauma. One of her shoe's four inch heel was broken. The police surmised the broken heel caused her to lose her balance, thus precipitating the fall.

Sherry reached out to Steve a few weeks after the funeral and began to drop off home cooked food for him two or three times each week. They gradually spent more and more time together and Steve soon remembered all the reasons he fell in love with her so long ago. They remarried a little over a year after Donna's death.

Sherry still wishes she had gotten on that flight the day after Steve left her. It would have prevented so much pain and suffering...especially Donna's.

MarkT63MarkT63about 3 years ago

At least Sherry wasn't a cheating drunken bitch..

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Excellent story. The anonymous two comments down with the Sherry returns story is full of bullshit. Steve would never go back to that crap wife Sherry. He gave her her last call and Sherry blew it! Steve is now playing the field looking for a new wife!

MightyheartMightyheartover 2 years ago

Liked the "off the path" approach

No cheating

There are so many ther reasons for Divorce

JonDoe315JonDoe315over 2 years ago

Seems like it needed alil more details towards the end but then again maybe not.

goodshoes2goodshoes2about 2 years ago

Alcohol, like drugs can screw up a relationship. The alcoholic (or druggie) doesn't see the damage until it is too late. I've seen a few friends' marriages shot down because of it.

Good story. 5 stars.

GuyfromShadesGuyfromShadesover 1 year ago

I say Sherrie got her due. Thanks for your writing.

TheGreyWolf81TheGreyWolf81over 1 year ago

Alcohol, drugs, sex... believe it or not, but all three and so much more, but especially those three, can be and often is an addiction that will tear most families and people apart. Good read 5/5.

miket0422miket0422over 1 year ago

Looks like Sherry is finally understanding that you don't know what you've got until it's gone.

iammweaseliammweaselover 1 year ago

I'll give it the "It was well written" but it could have been more than just a so-so story.

What ruined it you ask? The fact that you literally used the same entitled, self absorbed, over the top totally unrealistic misogynist view of a woman.

Too many of you "men" just cant help it, and it says much about you in ways you might not grasp.

With a realistic female who just happened to be a bitch would have made this great. Using the same LW wife template made this really a waste of time.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I am weasel, let me Tell you something. You women and your entitlement issue keep growing so much men are not even asking women to marry. The age is later and later in life. But your sex is just as was stated in the story. Your goal was to be equal but if you look at the reality it is not. Divorce laws mostly favor the psychopath female. Most of your sex use them. You can abort anytime you want without a mans consent and you can divorce and make sure he pays for years. So get your head out of your ass weasel. Your part of the stupid sex who no longer has humility or fairness in their mantra. Good story by the way

Bill669JBill669Jabout 1 year ago

Good job. Fairly typical divorce story. No evidence of cheating on Sherry’s part. She just cut off his balls then didn’t like what she created. Glad he grew a pair, got his shit together and moved on.

Beware, my brothers. It could happen to you. It starts with, “You slighted me for…..” ands with,”No more blow jobs,”

nixroxnixrox12 months ago

3 stars - but he took waaaaaay tooooo long to dump the bitch.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Made Sherry too one dimensional. Why he waited that long is incomprehensible.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Why would Sherry even think about contesting the divorce?

.

3 ***

dirtyoldbimandirtyoldbiman8 months ago

good but I don't get the last line of "Last call" and hear rear. It was all on her nasty, bitchy temperament.

AnonymousAnonymous15 days ago

Male or female. If one is into, and is desiring the other with no response from their partner... Beware oh selfish one.

"For every action the is an equal and opposite reaction."

-Newton

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous