All Comments on 'I Will Not Be a Mistake'

by dangerouslydead

Sort by:
  • 69 Comments
tazz317tazz317over 12 years ago
WHO JUDGES MY MISTAKES

THE MIRROR STANDS REFLECTED. Double D has posted 2 good stories, on the same day. A coincedence or INAUSUPICIOUS, TK U MLJ LV NV

tazz317tazz317over 12 years ago
OUT OF ANGER COMES REALIZATION

for both parties, who in an atavistic manner reverts to their true inner selves. Neither was wrong nor right. TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Some mistake

"If you are not ready to be hurt a little by some stupid act of someone you love — don't love."

Her staying on the dance floor was beyond a stupid act. Termination the right path. However, 30 years as a single --hmmmmm, not at all balanced.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
I do not understand the story commenters

The writer makes of the male a fool for his beliefs and the fem as 'normal'. It is a big put down on males for expecting loyalty from a fem. As if every male should expect every fem to 'cheat' and just accept that is the way it is.

SalamisSalamisover 12 years ago
Well Done

Beautifully told.

chytownchytownover 12 years ago
Sometimes!!

Your writing is great!!!!!!! the other times it's just good. This was great to me. Thanks for sharing.

Orion623Orion623over 12 years ago
Very Good

Enjoyed the story. It appears that a lot of thought went into the telling of it. Very well done.

bruce22bruce22over 12 years ago
Really fine piece of work.

I felt very sorry for them both..... He was a poet in his reasoning.

FD45FD45over 12 years ago
I think the part that made the story for me

was her comment. If he can't accept a mistake, then he shouldn't be in a relationship. Now, was that too egregious a mistake?

It was to him. Would it be to a 'normal' guy? I can't answer that.

Harryin VAHarryin VAover 12 years ago
for the Stupid people out there; He was NOT alone for 30 years becuase of her

Read the story again MORONS. The line about this guy identifying with the soceer ball and NOT the players is well done.

It shows that because of his upbringing her cheating had a far BIGGER impact than it might normally. He was Illegitimate and in his mind his own existance around his father ... the one parent that cared for him... essentially killed his father. His mom was a serious slut or a whore ...or both.

Because of that his demands are HIGH. His "needs" is to have someone Love him enough so that he loses his fear and pain to make him #1.

Cindy is NOT that woman.

That being said this guy is NOT doing the "cliche" we see a lof of in LW stories. He is NOTsitting in the corner crying into his beer for years hoping his one true love comes back.

He has been wounded so deeply that he has lost faith in all humanity and will never risk getting that sort of pain again.

Good story

demantoiddemantoidover 12 years ago
Poignant story.

Great storytelling exposing the frailty of the human psyche. Are we too rigid in our dealings with other humans? Superb economy of writing skills! Such literary discipline. Well done!

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago

They both being together will be a BIG mistake. It was a right decision to move apart.Cindy would never have been happy with him. He thought that cindy was NOT the right woman for him. The fact is that no woman will ever be right for him.Women who do not want commitment serve him well as he says. But those women also just look at him as a piece of meat..Every pussy needs a dick dude.Women too come to him for one night stand.What will happen when he would be old, frail, bald, all wrinkled up, unable to even walk, ? How many of these women would still be flocking up to his old aged body offering their pussy. None.How many would be by his bedside on his death bed when he would all alone dying? None.What will he do then? Youth does not last forever. Only true love and commitment does.He does not even know what love and commitment means & will never even know.Thats something he considered as a mistake and kicked cindy badly out of his life.He lost cindy but his loss was somebody else's gain.Cindy found her love in some one else and lived happily.He thinks that he dumped cindy and taught her a lesson. Actually he has been dumped by life but still he hasn't learnt his lesson.

He choosing to be cindy would have been a mistake. Cindy moved on choosing not to be his mistake.

Well written.

KristieBechirKristieBechirover 12 years ago
So sad

It's especially sad that after losing her fiance over an ex named Chad, she wound up marrying someone named Brad.

bdoggriffenbdoggriffenover 12 years ago
one great line

This was ok, kind of preachy. But I loved the line "you cannot enjoy a soccer game when you identify with the soccer ball."

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Never thought I would say this, but

. . . I agree with Harry!

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
AaaahpoorHarry...is you all fucked up an lonesome? comment says much about you boy...

Jeez i love having my slutty wife around. Who else is gonna cook and clean and look after the kids, and me. she's a gorgeous baby doll of a slut and not always too discrete but who gives a fuck, most of the women in this barrio are the same...god i luuuurve having femininity in my life.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Well stated, Harry!

It was a good story and was different. As usual, the fags & clucks did not like it because the male character got rid of the slut before she hurt him again [once a cheater, always a cheater]. Thanks Harry for your perspective.

nwhalernwhalerover 12 years ago
Good story -Agree with Harry on this!

Excellent portrayal of a man who has been kicked once too many times and is afraid to take the chance again. Would have liked it if the last line were not written and the author had left it at the knock on the door and line from the girl.

dcwornockdcwornockover 12 years ago
Harry could have written the story better

His comment made more sense than this story.

tazz317tazz317over 12 years ago
YOU ARE NOT MISTAKE, YOUR ACTIONS DO SPEAK

HEY DD, WHY THE CHAD AND BRAD AT THE COFFIN. NOW SHE IS LONELY, SAD AND CONFUSED. TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
wow

WoW

shuttlepilotshuttlepilotabout 12 years ago
I

didn't like it at all.

auhunter04auhunter04almost 12 years ago
AAAA But you are a mistake

your mistake was in not trusting yourself enough to trust others

--I am that mistake--

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Fuck

Just awful. I lived something close to that and I can tell you, that was just too painful and awful.

betrayedbylovebetrayedbylovealmost 11 years ago
Well Written

But quite sad. She ruined him. He lost his capacity for love. Now thirty years later I hope he just fucks the shit out of her. No romance involved.

TavadelphinTavadelphinover 10 years ago
No she did not ruin him -

He was right he was never the person to be part of a relationship with another human being -

Everyone is flawed - everyone fucks up sometimes royally - you have to be prepared to feel s0me pain when the one you love most fucks up - he was not - and he knew it.

What she did was way wrong - no argument - he was almost certainly right that she would not have done it again - but it was a risk and he was totally risk averse then and never got out of it. His parents ruined him long before she got there to add to the problem.

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveover 10 years ago
Well...

Maybe he was screwed before but she put the final touches on his ability to love and trust. She totally destroyed him with her cheating. Now thirty years later, just give her a cum bath once in awhile and leave it at that. I know about being ruined as I am with no chance of recovery.

chytownchytownover 10 years ago
Good Read*****

Thanks for sharing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Thanks

thanks for writing My Life's story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
But she married Brad?

And you went to Chad's funeral and were thankful that he took good care of Cindy. I bet Brad wasn't happy. And thirty years later, after living this solitary lifestyle and cementing your being an asshole, you're going to do a 1-80 and enjoy a relationship with Cindy? And Brad?

user110user110about 10 years ago
if i ever knew a man that gave a monologue as sappy as cucky's

i'd slap his lips around to the back side of his head.

PultoyPultoyabout 10 years ago
Superb

5*

Thank you for writing.

Regards,

-Pultoy

sugnasugnaalmost 10 years ago
Sad Story but

pretty much bullshit. She knew what she was doing. Chad knew what he was doing, he wasn't a good guy! They didn't give a damn about him, no honor, no respect and certainly no love!

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveover 9 years ago
Damn

Read it again. Circumstances really screwed up his life. If he would have went to counseling I'm sure it would have made him a stronger man to be able to get in a real relationship. Not a happy tale.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
yep!

Finally a consistent and joined up thinking story - well done!

kjohns2001kjohns2001over 8 years ago
Sigh.......

Why would anyone in their right mind let what this slut did affect the rest of their life? And if they did how on earth could they possibly want anything more to do with her? It's not a bad story if you like reconciliation stories, I don't, but the man's action at the end of the story just goes against what his history and actions at the start of the story set up.

tazz317tazz317about 8 years ago
30+ YEARS LATER

and the door and legs open, TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Comment on no comments

So every man should accept his own cuckolding? Just a small insult? Yes he better shape up.! No life for him! The only mistake is reading this crap

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Yes, sometimes things do go wrong.

Did the previous anonymous not remember that it was only an engagement? Or is he/she as didactic and purblind in real life, not to realise that he/she was being treated to an adult explanation (possibly the word adult is being used in the wrong context, but then I presume sciolism must form a major part of their gene makeup).

AmbivalenceAmbivalenceabout 7 years ago
I can relate....

For him, the SCARIEST thing in the world was rejection.

Nothing even came close to it. If there was even a chance rejection might occur to him in a relationship, he'd rather not risk the relationship.

He felt 99.99% or more he could trust her after that... But it wasn't 100% and that was enough of a risk to make him pass.

After 30 years, he was willing to risk that percentage for SOMETHING. I wish I understood what that "something" was... I didn't really understand that.

BaddestmanaliveBaddestmanaliveover 6 years ago
Sad Tale

When you fall in love , it involves risk. To succeed is to risk failure.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago

Life is full of risks and decisions, it's how we act or react to those risks and decisions that make us who we are.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
drunk excuse

If you are so drunk you forget you are married or engaged,then you must be passed out.

Admittedly I have been quite iinebriated many times during my marriage. Admittedly I was approached by a very desirable woman numerous times while in that condition. I always remembered I was married and turned them down.

Until I didn't.

I can assure you, as drunk and high on weed as I was, I thought of my marriage not only right up to the point of penetration, but throughout the sex.

No guy who publicly fondles and dry humps an engaged female is a nice guy. No engaged female who acts in accordance with such a nice guy can be trusted.

Being the nice guy is dead, perhaps he can trust her. Until one of the lovers she had during her marriage to the nice guy returns.

If she cheated on him, she cheated on nice guy.

If nice guy didn't respect engagement ring he wouldn't respect wedding ring and no doubt had affairs of his own.

So bang her stupid butt, but continue on as he has the last 30 years

somewhatniceguysomewhatniceguyover 6 years ago
unrealistic

very forced, unrealistic; create two cardboard characters to exchange a few powerful lines and saying gentle things when there is no need to; very non-human, unemotional. One can understand the hero is bitter because of past experiences; if he was that cold, he wouldn't have gotten himself into a tangle with someone like Cindy, if he was such a good judge of character. One bitter soul and one twisted selfish bitch cannot make memories, considering the rationalize and blessing 'there hasn't been a single person who hasn't hurt or hasn't been hurt by the ones they loved.' Right, my neighbor's wife is beautiful and the guy is a nerd, so she will hurt him eventually; so, what I do is to be the first one that gets to be jolly with her; what's wrong? She is going to hurt her husband anyway. So, lovely rationale; if my wife caught me, then I am going to say, 'oh honey, it was a mistake; let's part, and make some good memories.' Our education and rationalizing does serve a single purpose - to help us become delusional, conceited, hypocritical, selfish, sweep everything the under the carpet of 'I am human, vulnerable, oh, I am so sorry. But take my advice, you have not only been screwed by me, but remember you will be screwed more in future. So, let's be friends after 30 years. Come on, give me a good hug, my future friend and present cuckold.' And Chad is a wonderful human being and a wonder father? Wow.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Not bad

Hard to properly work an (slightly) obscure song lyric into a shorty.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Interesting character.

But it seemed midway through the converstion the now sober Cindy became as stoic, philosophical and wistful as he was. It then read a bit like one person talking to himself and carrying both sides of the conversation.

Not a bad story otherwise.

3*

ejsathomeejsathomeabout 6 years ago
5* . . .

. . . again.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Hooey

"If you are not ready to be hurt a little by some stupid act of someone you love — don't love. There is no one alive who has not hurt or has not been hurt by people they love."

She was full of shit. After ADMITTING she'd have kicked his ass to the curb, she still had the gall to talk about "a little."

Life's too short to hang with that level of self-delusion. So no, he didn't make a mistake in dumping her.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Love you work.....

But this was a miss.

Both characters too undeveloped. Cardboard stilted people. Both the male and female. I know this is a short one but you don't have any trouble withthat in your other short ones.

somewhatniceguysomewhatniceguyover 5 years ago
brilliant

brilliant, just brilliant. Every line in this story is a quotable quote. The end is twisted, and unless there's a double negative in the sentence, it is to be understood that he spurned her one more time, right?

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Boy did that suck.

Truly

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
What an asshole...

Now that's a quote! This guy has his quotes and little sayings that kept him warm all his life...LOL...I'm glad you kept it short so I didn't waste too much time reading this farce! But you gotta know it's only a 1.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Nope

Love is the state in which your partners happiness is paramount to your own

She knew his history, she knew her cheating wouldnt make him happy, she surley knew continuing to spend the rest of the night being Chads cock socket after being caught wouldnt make him happy

She didnt love him, she loved the way him being her social services project made her feel

fritz51fritz51over 4 years ago
My take,

Good story. I did enjoy it but would have liked some clarification on one point: He caught her dirty dancing and playing tongue hockey, but did she sleep with Chad / Brad even after she clearly was aware that her fiance had observed her misbehavior?

This would be a huge item in forming his reaction to her actions. Would he be as willing to want to have a civil parting of the ways with her if she had gone ahead and slept with the guy AFTER being caught? I don't think so, but the story as told reflects that she didn't come home immediately after being outed, suggesting that she spent more time with the old boyfriend.

If she did spend more time with the old BF, instead of coming home to beg for forgiveness, she never did love the guy. If she had sex with the old BF, after being caught, that is completely unforgivable and one would think that a guy, especially a guy with this finance's history would be furious beyond imagination.

jtwheelsjtwheelsabout 4 years ago
Don't buy her little hurt yes life is full of ups and downs but not deliberately done

She saw him and didn't stop and run over and abject apologize

WargamerWargamerabout 4 years ago

Lovely little story

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Bullshit !!!

She was a cheating slut . Chad was Not a good guy . He was a slimey Cunt . He was a pussy

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Love?

I really like the story and the statement she makes about people making mistakes in any relationship and the importance of being able to forgive them when they do to keep the relationship viable! But that is not the case with her. Infidelity is a betrayal and not a mistake!!! If she can't keep loyal to him as his fiance, then why should he believe that she will during a marriage? Love should be fresh and really strong during the engagement, instead her's is weak and selfish.... making it worthless!!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
???

What a load of crap!!

lujon2019lujon2019over 3 years ago

so he is choosing to be a cuck cause he is loney?

ScorpioJJScorpioJJabout 3 years ago

I hate when the guys self punish. Ok, your parents sucked but in your life you must have seen good people and good relationships. Why deny your self that?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Guy would have been better off to kill himself rather than go through life as such a worthless wimp.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

You're kidding, right? File this in humor and I might give it 2*.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Romantic? Nah. Also, it does not help when you do not use contractions, because I cannot imagine a real person speaking this way.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

About as emotional as the block of cheese in the back of my fridge.

Interesting but told in a lifeless way.

inka2222inka222210 months ago

So the solution to not trusting women is to be alone all life, instead of finding a woman to hang around but not loving her "fully" and not trusting her? What a stupid idea. Sorry, 1 star. Being cynical and mistrustful is better than being naive, idealistic and dumb and overly trusting - but the fix is, not to get married (at least without ironclad pre-nup), do DNA testing on your kids, and hide parts of your income from the get-go, and make escape plans. Otherwise, you just lose out on good things in life.

AnotherChapterAnotherChapter6 months ago

The MC was right to walk away, but wrong to assume that was a life long decision. However the prescription below by inka2222 is worse. If you are going to start a marriage with the assumption that you need a pre-nup, a DNA test kit, stealing money from your family, and a hot car in the back alley to zoom off in, you’d be much better doing what the MC did and stay disconnected. Fear and distrust are both recipes for failure.

AnonymousAnonymous2 days ago

You do realize there are plenty of married couples who go through their shared life without betraying each other's trust? Ever?

I would understand it if her final " advice" was projection. "I'm not a a slut. If you love you will get hurt just like I hurt him. It's normal. I'm normal." It would actually fit the narcissistic mindset of the average cheater. Pretty good writing if that's the case.

But if it's some kind of self-insert trying to provide us with invaluable wisdom...what a croak....People with moral principles exist. People who don't betray their vows and their partner's trust exist. Pretending all of us are just as much of a slut as the FMC is with their drunken "mistake", is pure bs.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userdangerouslydead@dangerouslydead
527 Followers
I write as a part of my anger therapy. It is a stressful world we live in and we can find outlets in different ways. This is mine.

story TAGS