All Comments on 'The Servant Ch. 16'

by caligula97236

Sort by:
  • 2 Comments
caligula97236caligula97236over 12 years agoAuthor
Thoughts from the author about The Servant

“The Servant” is my seventh novel, started more than a year after I concluded my previous fiction project, “The Outsider”.

After completing “The Outsider” I took a year-long break from writing, not sure in what direction I wanted to proceed with my fiction. “The Outsider” was the most personal and real-world oriented of my novels; and from August of 2010 until June of 2011, I felt that it would be the last novel I would feel like creating. The reason for thinking that way was that by writing “The Outsider” I “got a lot of things off my chest” and felt that I did not have much else to say. Instead, I focused on improving my existing Poser images and creating new renders for the six novels already written.

I started “The Servant” at the beginning of June, 2011. My latest project is the most spontaneous novel that I have written. The story suddenly popped into my head as the result of a request from a fan of one of my previous novels: “The Courier”. She asked me if I could write another story along the same lines, but oriented towards a dominant/submissive F/F relationship.

I don’t normally accept writing requests, but in this instance a plot, two characters, and a setting suddenly gelled in my mind and a new project was underway. The new work is a straightforward erotic fantasy fiction story instead of a novel with a political message, as was the case with “The Outsider”. The story-line is simpler than my previous fiction and is the first of my novels that does not contain sub-plots. Nevertheless, all of the main elements of my style of writing are in the story: an imaginary location, focus on character development, the interplay of dominant and submissive personalities, public nudity, and the mixture of pain and sexuality. As always, my two main characters are flawed psychological beings that have to live out their lives in their environment and interact with the people around them.

For my seventh novel I created a new imaginary location in the Caribbean instead of using my fictional European country of Danubia. For several years I had been thinking about trying out a new location somewhere in Latin America, partly just to explore and describe a new place. For my newest novel I also wanted to get away from the complicated setting I created in Danubia, with its intricate politics and society, because I wanted to tell a simpler (and shorter) story.

Another difference between “The Servant” and its predecessors is the way I wrote it. During previous fiction projects I posted chapters on my website as I wrote them. This time around I decided not to do that because I wanted to avoid the internal pressure “to get the next chapter posted”, and then have to go back and repost endless corrections and revisions. During June and July of 2011 I took a break from all my other Internet activities to focus on “The Servant”, so I could complete and post the entire project all at once.

A note on measurement systems: readers might notice the story starts out using the US system of measurement, but once the narrative moves to Santa Eduviges, I switch over to the metric system. In all of my novels, I refer to the measurement system that is used in the location of the action at that moment. My character Trish is used to the US system, but Santa Eduviges, like most of the rest of the world, uses the metric system.

A final note: “The Servant” is a work of fantasy fiction. I request that anyone reading this story take it for what it is; erotic story-telling and nothing more. As with all of my novels, the characters exist in an imaginary world and are not intended to portray or represent anyone who exists in real life.

Cindy1001Cindy1001about 3 years ago

Love it, some very nice reading!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
usercaligula97236@caligula97236
617 Followers
I enjoy writing erotic fiction and creating digital art in Poser. My ongoing project consists of a series of interconnected erotic discipline novels that I have illustrated with Poser images. My complete collection of fiction and images can be found at EC's Erotic Art & Fi...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

The Servant Series Info