All Comments on 'Dexter's Renaissance Ch. 11-12'

by coaster2

Sort by:
  • 32 Comments
ILienBagbyILienBagbyover 12 years ago
continuing what was

a strong start. Look forward to the conclusion but sorry that I will not have any more of this story's chapters to look for when I open Literotica. Entertaining, interesting and well written. Thank you.

hodunkhodunkover 12 years ago
A terrific read!

great story , loved these chapters and can't wait for whats next. Thanks for sharing this marvelous work.

Sidney43Sidney43over 12 years ago
Good chapter

Went to the computer with some anxiety this morning, as there was no chapter yesterday, but my worries were for naught. Your stories do a nice job of tying things together and this one was no exception. The meeting with "the Mother" should be interesting in the last chapter, as she seems to be a strong character.

I can usually find something in a story that gives rise to a negative comment or two. So far I can't find anything to carp about, good story, well written.

FD45FD45over 12 years ago
One of my favorite parts

is your description of the social dynamics from one to another part of Canada. It is educational and also gives it verisimilitude.

Vulcan_in_OhioVulcan_in_Ohioover 12 years ago
Interesting filler chapter

Create bit of suspense with Dex's heart valve condition, then the interactions regarding the old contacts of Trent and generation of new business, and finally, warming up to the stuffed shirt Michael, Michelle's older brother. I've really warmed up to this story in the same fashion (no pun intended, although a lot of focus seemed to be on the dress of both Dexter and Michael). Please keep the chapters coming. 5 stars. P.S. I hope the new wife won't cheat on Dex -- she doesn't seem the type, but it will be the day Hell freezes over when I really understand women . . .

bruce22bruce22over 12 years ago
Excellent Chapters

Personally I like the insight into business. Though I admit that I was worried by everythiñg moving along smoothly. Things just do not work that way. Then, came the heart valve problem. On to meet the father and the mother of the blushing bride!

LeFrog08LeFrog08over 12 years ago
Excellent Series

I find this "serial" very well written, with believable plot and characters. I'm always waiting for the next chapter to be posted. Thank you, Coaster2.

LeFrog

willerileywillerileyover 12 years ago
You Got Some Nerve

Ending it before Michael & Michelle come toe to toe. LOL

huedogghuedoggover 12 years ago
Yet another amazing chapter

This is a great story, it's like reading a novel. Thanks again

zed0zed0over 12 years ago
Aboot Canadia, Eh?

I'm enjoying the Canadian cultural differences referenced between city's. These same or similar cultural differences exist in American city's of which we are all subtly aware of, to one degree or another. It is fun to read about the Canadian city's as they haven't been as well covered on this site as the British and American.

tazz317tazz317over 12 years ago
A SMALL STUMBLE

then a big step into the future. TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Sorry, but has gotten too long and too dull.

Writing very good but has dragged on way too long.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
B O R I N G

This is not the Saturday Evening Post. I have already taken Organizational Theory and Development 102.....and now your point? Please bring the story to an end.

UndrApprctdUndrApprctdalmost 12 years ago
Well-written tripe

Still needs some actual story.

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333about 10 years ago
Enjoyed it

Thanks for the offering.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
from a retired British Columbia lawyer ...

You've been writing a good story and the high ratings you've received show that. I hope you'll take these comments constructively:

1. The setting up of the new house early in the story had Sandra on the mortgage but not on the title without knowing it. I don't think that was necessary in the constext of the overall story and would be extremely difficult to achieve.

The technical aspects of that aren't necessary, but in an overly simplified nutshell, to have someone in British Columbia on a mortgage but not on title would mean that the person is not a mortagor but a guarantor, which would be very clearly pointed out to her by the lawyer she saw to sign papers (almost certainly a lawyer other than Dexter's lawyer as the practice in B.C. is that any competent lawyer would send her for independent legal advice)-or the guarantee would be signed elsehwere, likely at the bank, with her not having any papers to sign at the lawyer's office, which would require its own explanation.

Further, having both names on title would have worked about as well in the context of the overall story.

2. I trust the conclusion will bring something worthwhile, such as a makeover of Michelle's relationship with her family. Otherwise it would seem to me that the story could have been concluded earlier.

I've enjoyed this story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
comprehensive

You've moved beyond the cheating wife/reconciliation story I've become accustomed to in Literotica. This has become the story of a man who really came into his own later in life and whose dynamic personality endeared him to all he came into contact with. Michelle is beautiful, intelligent, warm and in love with Dex. Story book charm for both. It's nice to believe that such good can come from such ruin. Bravo.

rightbankrightbankover 9 years ago
a medical component to add to the drama

it probably didn't help Michelle very much.

KarenEKarenEabout 9 years ago
Re-Reading

I haven't been commenting much on these stories, even on my original reading, and was somewhat surprised given the high scores I gave it when I first read it.

Then I realized, my comments tend to be when I find something in a story that I either disagree with, or that rubs me the wrong way for one reason or another, and that just isn't the case here.

I'm simply sitting back and enjoying the ride through a well-told story.

tazz317tazz317over 8 years ago
THINGS ARE BEGINNING TO BALANCE UP

so the hard work is showing its happy face. TK U MLJ LV NV

sbrooks103sbrooks103over 8 years ago
Michael Catchpole

It speaks well of him that when a change in perspective was called for, he was able to make it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Who's the wife?

He tells the doctor he's going through a divorce while the doctor acknowledges that his "wife" has been concerned about him? Otherwise pretty clean story line.

rightbankrightbankover 6 years ago
progress can be tediously slow

Learning from our mistakes seems impossible.

rightbankrightbankover 6 years ago
did they invite

the twins?

tangledweedtangledweedover 5 years ago
Just sticking around for the end...

...to find out what the quarterly returns look like. This story reads like my office career, minus any drama.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Huh.

I thought that the daughter was Merilee?

26thNC26thNCalmost 3 years ago

Staying interesting right to the end. Wonder why his cheating bitch of a wife screwed up so badly. Dex seems preternaturally nice.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I read "Above it All" and gave you straight 5 stars. Just finished "Dexter's Renaissance" and did the same. I like your stories. They are uplifting and contain character development, a good plot and your spelling and punctuation are much better than most on this site. I live in Calgary so I feel right at home in your tales.

Now, I have to run to the store but I'll be back for more. Thank-you for your effort. Really enjoyed the pace.

The_OutlanderThe_Outlanderover 1 year ago

Absorbing

Holding my interest and very well plotted and written.

Meredith vs Merilee, the comment below is correct, but I think she started out as Meredith, then some chapters back became Merilee for a spell. Always best to do a document wide find and replace with changing names.

Onward to the finale!

Cringo31Cringo31over 1 year ago

I am enjoying my first foray into your writing. The story is holding my attention very well.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Don't see what's so impressive about Michael when the bastard should have been more approachable to his sister!!

Janice is an office gossip, she is TOXIC

buzzsawlennybuzzsawlennyabout 1 year ago

I like this story but I'm still a little upset he didn't take the twins more seriously, I think they were down for him. Even if he just settled with Kat, I think that relationship woulda been more engaging.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous