All Comments on 'The Affair'

by andy_charles

Sort by:
  • 17 Comments
MissouriUSAMissouriUSAover 12 years ago
Good Writing! The story is unsettling for me though...

This scenario where a "good wife" falls for someone outside of her marriage and joyously cheats on her husband without any regret or guilt is just not a story that is very entertaining to me. The story seems to be written so that the reader is supposed to be sympathetic to the wife and the lover. The problem is that the husband didn't appear to do anything to deserve the pain that she piled on to him. Only when she knows that the gig is up does she have any regret at all and that was because she got caught. She had so been looking forward to sleeping with Tim again and again. When her husband asks her whether she is in love with Tim she gives him what read like a very uncertain "no". Even as the story ends, it feels like Victoria is having to convince herself that she still loves her husband.

I think that the confrontation scene between Julian and Victoria needed to be fleshed out a little more. For Victoria to have any chance for redemption there needed to be more dialogue with the Julian.

Finally, Julian needs to think about his son Kyle. He may not want Kyle to be exposed to the lifestyle that his mother might become involved in if she falls for different men so quickly and easily.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
lover wife have more balls than lover hubby

wife kick hubby ass and cheating wife hubby wimp out.

ILienBagbyILienBagbyover 12 years ago
I have read perhaps

a couple of hundred Loving Wives stories at this site, probably more than a couple of hundred. Andy_Charles, your story, "The Affair," is probably the best of them. It was a wonderful tale; it engaged my interest from the start, and it never allowed my interest to flag. You created real characters, a real situation, and never failed to keep their actions and reactions convincing and honest. As Victoria began to move towards the affair with Tim, I was torn. I did understand and wish for her the temporary (and shallow) fulfillment the affair would bring her while I, at the same time, realized the damage it must inevitably cause her. Whatever my feelings, however, I need to commend you for the honesty, the truth, and the strength of your writing. Please continue writing here!

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
It's significant that this is a UK author

Because they're not a member of the revenge-fest, 'husbands are free to stray but wives who do are worthless sluts' American sexist brigade.

SleeplessinMD3SleeplessinMD3over 12 years ago
Story You Love to Hate!

Wife has affair and she is caught. Even in the end she was more concerned about maintaining the status quo than real remorse over the damage caused by her actions. One minute she can not wait to get back to her lover and the next minute she says that it was just a mistake and she did not love Tim. Julian can never trust Victoria again. Their marriage like a fine piece of china was broken into pieces. They can glue it back together again but the cracks will remain. Everyone lost in this story. Keep writing these realistic stories about the human condition. Thanks!

SleeplessinMD3

ramonbrookramonbrookabout 10 years ago
This story is so realistic

That I felt I knew the characters! Great piece of work. But I wonder why you leave us hanging when you have implied so much more to the story?

Have you thought about picking this story back up?

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Happy people don't cheat.

Premise is stupid, Happy wife loves husband, everything is perfect. Handsome guy walks in and she just has to have him. He doesn't play on her weaknesses, vulnerabilities, he is just a nice guy. All of a sudden her husband just doesn't do it for her. So in a few weeks she goes from happy loving wife to slut for no reason. This is crap, people don't work this way unless they are broken in some way. When your happy no new guy turns your head. When you have good sex it doesn't end because you see a pretty face. Tell a believable story next time.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Can you spell

fiction dear annony. God you're such an asshole. 5 for effort and content toa good story

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
2 stars because of the fatal flaw at the end of the story

Her (Victoria) husband has tossed her out of her home for cheating; her husband won't let her see her only child without his permission and supervision; her best friend has slapped her and tossed her out of her life for cheating; her marriage may end because of her affair;...BUT she returns her lovers phone calls and agrees to meet Tim (her lover alone) to talk about things. Heck, she even tells her lover, while she easily is about to lose her marriage and custody of her child talking to him and especially meeting with him...that she does NOT regret fucking him and betraying her marriage vows, rather "It should not have happened" E.G. I don't regret it, but is was not the right decision that was made. This is in my mind absurd and would never happen now that she hopes to have a chance to salvage her marriage as opposed to be divorced and cannot see her child.

But, maybe I'm wrong and women really are that stupid and entirely self interested.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
forgiving too readily

Julian announces he intends to forgive and reconcile and also reveals he cares too much. Victoria may or may not cheat again, but Julian is too weak to draw boundaries and force his wife to respect him. As I said, you can really love a person too much for your own good. Julian is too loving and gentle; hardly the alpha male she needs to make her think twice about starting an exciting affair.

WhoGivesAShitWhoGivesAShitover 4 years ago

Good story,/lousy ending. I could have dealt with a reconciliation, which is likely in this one. Leaving it hanging just sucks... and this story is left hanging from multiple angles.

WargamerWargamerabout 3 years ago

What a shitty ending, she is a cheating bitch and Julian deserves a lot better than her.This ending paints him as a wimp cuck. It shouldn’t, but Victoria is a c##t.

I’d wish her evil.

2/5 because of the awful ending.

bigurnbigurnalmost 2 years ago

That's it ? The Bitch screws around and he decided to go meet up with her for dinner ? What a little punk. Old Tim gets to pop into the neighborhood, screw women right and left... Then just slip away with no repercussions? Why not finish the storyline and show us how a little Justice would happen. You know; Like it would in the real world...

RanDog025RanDog025over 1 year ago

Very stupid story. skipped top the crappy ending. The story in whole sucked.

DrgwngDrgwngabout 1 year ago

This was really crap. Pretty obvious the real Andy Charles is clueless about how men think and act. Of course being bi as stated puts one behind the eight ball of course. On the other hand the author is likely a woman, and the bio is subterfuge. In any case, as all the other comments state, this was bad through and through. Ridiculous ending.

Carioca_ManCarioca_Manabout 1 year ago

Nothing but another tale of a cuckold, a coward and an idiot, who accepts the cuckolds and, having reconciled, must be eager for more. Just rubbish.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

If you wonder why this author never finished this story, read the comments. The sewage from LW spills over into the other categories. These are the idiots whose world is divided into cuck/BTB. That's the whole of their existence. It's obvious that they reject forgiveness because they either cannot forgive themselves or forgive others. Sad, sad, damaged fools.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous