All Comments on 'Enter the Cat Ch. 06'

by Mygypsy

Sort by:
  • 30 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Inconsistencies

There are far too many inconsistencies between this story and the story with Rosy as the main character. There are inconsistencies in events, like there is no mention of Micah having a "laying down the rules" chat in the other story. Also there are major inconsistencies in character development. Mitchell, on the one hand, doesn't offer her comfort but then is panicked when he thinks she has left... unless he is bipolar I don't understand how he can feel both emotions in such a short amount of time. Furthermore, if the bonds between toms and she-kitts are as strong as you have presented them in the other story then Sam and Mitchell should be more protective of Rosy than of Jazzy. Even if Mitchell hopes to mate with Jazzy his feelings for his sister should supersede his feelings for Jazzy at this point.

I only mean this as constructive criticism.

I also hope you will continue Rosy's story soon since this is stuff that is already happened and is starting to get a bit boring.

Lastly, I also think you need to start showing a direction. I feel like everything is just floating in space...no progress is made. I am not saying that rape victims immediately make progress but rather that its time to acknowledge that this is just a story and it needs to end at some point.

Thanks

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Thank you for a new entry but...

This has already happened. Not to sound rude or ungrateful, but would it be at all possible to focus on To Love A Stray? The cliffhanger has been... hanging for a good while now. As interesting as a different point of view is, it's allowing the story to be stagnant. I understand wanting to branch out and have a new take on things, and it would have been more acceptable prior to the ending of the last tlas entry, however it has become rather boring.

Regardless, thank you for the entry and your wonderful characters. I hope that your family is doing well and my prayers are with you.

FlutterbyButterflyFlutterbyButterflyover 12 years ago
Very interesting

So what if this goes over ground already covered. I find the inner politics of the clan very interesting and it makes me wonder where the author will take TLAS.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago

I love both stories and like where your going with them, I like that this is micahs side of events and the other is roseys. If we didn't get his side we would be confused as to why he acted a certain way towards her. As for the negative comments before me I say fuck em if they don't like what they read then stop reading or shut up. I can't wait for another update so please do it soon.

:)

feelinromanticfeelinromanticover 12 years ago

its great to see a new chapter. I think it is a great idea to give the second view point on the story so we can understand a bit more about why things have happened as they have...like in this one where we can see the conflict in rosy's brothers who want to be there for her but have a place in the clan and must act accordingly, or the stress micah is under because he has more on his shoulders than is reasonable and no one to turn to within his own clan. When i read jazzy's pov i was quite mad at micah for not being more caring, but this makes much more sense and i feel kind of bad now for doubting him. With is a biazrre way to feel about a fictional character...but u write so believingly im completely tied into this series. While i wont complain if u start posting chapters in TLAS, im just as happy to see anything u post - i hope u feel u still have the time to do so. Take care!

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Different points of view aren't inconsistencies.

Micah's story naturally focuses on his point of view and what is important to him. It will be different from what Rosy focuses on in her story TLAS. These are not inconsistencies, just different focuses of an event. I recently had Thanksgiving dinner (i'm American) with my inlaws and I guarantee my husband's view of that evening is very different from mine: same event, different points of view. Baxter does a nice job of explaining that the toms, including Rosy's brothers, are taking their cues of how to treat Rosy from how Micah treats her. Once he calms down and accepts her they all do. Micah is not only lead warrior but is becoming Alpha too. I personally enjoy the added perspective this story brings to TLAS. I always come away with a deeper understanding of the characters in both stories and a bigger appreciation for MyGypsie's talent as a writer and creator of this werecat world. Thanks for another fabulous chapter.

Yves

KittybalooKittybalooover 12 years ago

Love love love ETC & TLAS. :)

Hope all is well for you & yours. Sending happy thoughts & prayers.

Don't stress over writing it's suppose to be a relaxing hobby. We can all wait for the updates, & those that can't well it's their loss.

DoctorWolfDoctorWolfover 12 years ago
As always!

Touching and tormented! Loved it DW

popparazzipopparazziover 12 years ago
Loved it

Good to see Micah's point of view,very emotional chapter. I find no fault with this,well done.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
:D

So glad to see you're back! Loved it! 5*'s - hope all is well with your family! Thanks for the story fix!

BaronScrewtapeBaronScrewtapeover 12 years ago
You know...

This chapter just serves to reinforce my contempt for Micah, Wade, Edwin, etc... During this event what got me is they completely disregard her experience from the clinic and how she was around cattle on the job. They just want to stifle her... Only caring that she obeys. She is right: they are sexist. And it is a pity she cannot make a break from them.

oneoflifesjewelsoneoflifesjewelsover 12 years ago
Thankyou, thank you!

I am so addicted to these stories! I do love both povs. I love the characters in these two stories so much, that I missed them while you were gone tending to real life. lol I actually felt sunshine in my soul when I saw an update today! Thanx.

wildkat75477wildkat75477over 12 years ago

Was very excited to see this from you. The only thing that would of been better would be seeing part 2 to chapter 11 in tlas. I love these characters. Its a good thing Micah realized that Rosy is a healer not a fighter. To bad they had to clash in regards to those cows.

Hope everything is better for your family.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Have to agree with BaronScrewtape

While this chapter gives us more about Micah's reasoning, he and the rest of them are still treating Rosy badly. Isn't it hypocritical for Micah to claim "we never harm she-kitts" yet seriously consider giving her a beating for her disobedience? From the way she has been treated, it is easy to see why she cannot trust males. Right now it seems like they have browbeaten her into a state of scared submission and I hate to see her like that.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Part 2?

Thank you so much for updating this story because I really enjoy understanding Micah's point of view.

But I am super excited for the second half of TLAS.

Its totally understandable that you have more pressing issues at the moment.

Im just a big fan girl of that series and its a special treat in my melancholy life when I see new updates.

xoxo

~Mare

canndcanndover 12 years ago

The end of this story was one of the best out of both stories. I have to admit that the first half felt a bit boring b/c while i like seeing things from Micah's view, I felt like we knew from the other story what he felt and why for the most part. I was happy I got a better idea about why he reacted so harshly. At the same time I am frustrated b/c he still didn't explain the whole problem to her. He still didn't explain the danger and I don't feel that they are telling her what they expect. It's like with my parrots...an ounce of positive reinforcement is worth a pound of negative.

Anyhow, then we got to the end. The part where he called Baxter who gave him such insight. The comments about Edwin and moreso about Wade, who i agree so far has really done little as an alpha, really brought Micah to life for me. It added a depth that for me was being suppressed under this hot and cold act. I feel like there is a great opening for conflict and I wonder what will happen. Is there a possibility for Micah to someday break off and be an Alpha? I REALLY want to see a relationship develop...at least some closeness...between Micah and her. The way he was reacting toward her felt like a bit more than just wanting to protect her like he would any of the warriors, or is that wishful thinking for me? I hope that continues to build. I feel you did a great job of helping the reader understand Micah better. Smoothing out some edges helps. I just hope he explains things to her instead of correcting her mess-ups. Great Chapter!!

katgoddess1katgoddess1over 12 years ago
Oh brother

Male were cat philosophy seems to be 'Why handle with love and understanding something you can bull into submission.'

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
It's great to see your update

It's really true about males are from Mars and females are from Venus for me regarding your 2 stories.

TLAS is Rosy's emotional viewpoint with the male weres being structural, rigid and emotionally/verbally unexpressive in their actions. I do wish that this clan's females were more able to help Rosy through her emotional transition and to let her know what the clan's expectations are for her.

Enter the Cat has revealed to me the everyday tasks and clan structure. There is a sense of brotherhood and the structured leadership. The males seems to have a delay emotional understanding, if any. They follow the Alpha and Chief Warrior's lead. In Chapter 6, I was so glad to see Micah is finally understanding Rosy better. I see that fact, especially after talking to Baxter who provided him with support and insight that Wade should have been able to give to Micah.

I'll be checking, frequently, for any new chapters to your stories.

Mygypsy, take care of yourself as you provide care to your mom. I wish you and your family - a holiday season that brings great happiness and joy.

vt

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Love this story

But I'm really disappointed in Mitchell's behaviour and attitude towards Rosy. He should be more protective over her than Jazzy. As should Sam.

jenni_tujenni_tuover 12 years ago
Good chapter

This chapter is good but painful to read in regards to the lack of understanding from the Tom's. Rosie has been used and hurt a great deal of her life and for them to expect her to simply set that aside as well as her training,

But it's a good illustration as to how different views can be of the same situation.

As with others, I want send my warmest wishes and prayers for your Mom's heath and your family. Thank you sharing with us despite all that is happening in your life.

ShadowsungShadowsungover 12 years ago
I missed it!

The ONE day I don't check the new boards for new submissions from you, and you post! Wouldn't you know it!

Loved this chapter- hell I love everything you write. Hope you and your family are doing well in the gearing up for the holiday season. Merry Christmas, hope to see new posts as soon as you find the time ^_^

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Another great chapter!

I'm sorry life seems to be overwhelming to you right now. Problems with your mother's health and a new grand on the way; but I can't help in being happy that you were able to post! ETC and TLAS are amazing story lines and I will be patiently waiting for the next chapter of either to arrive. Hope all goes well soon!

willerileywillerileyover 12 years ago
Another Great Chapter!

My mom's back in the hospital so I was hoping there might be a new chapter coming out to read (ETC or TLAS) and lo and behold here one is. Of course, life was too easy so fate decided that I would return from the hospital to find my home being robbed.

Strange that some others have brought up the Venus/Mars & Male/Female book on communications; however, this chapter of ETC seems to portray that the problem is "otherness" rather than gender differences.

Isn't the greatest difference between Rosy & the cats their NATIVE animal nature - "otherness"? Micah is having whole dialogues and thought processes about her and her behaviour and possible ramifications that have nothing to do w/being human but are rooted in what he knows and has learned as a werecat. This cultural and behavioral norm of werecats - that they so easily breathe and live - will be a constant handicap for Rosy. She's both oblivious to it and she thinks and reasons like a human. Not to place blame or value on one or the other but these are the facts.

This perpetual conflict - what's spoken/misread/misunderstood/assumed - makes for great story telling. In TLAS Ch. 10, it seemed as if Micah had finally caught on that the biggest obstacle to his pursuit of Rosy was himself.

Foaming at the mouth for the next chapter TLAS.

Thanks for a great story!

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
MERGE

I would love to read this story merged together with to TLAS. This really would flesh out the story line and add great understanding of why her males do what they do, so the reader understands and roots for Rosy to get a clue. LOve your writting style either way.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
I agree with anon & would like to see ETC & TLAS merge.

You are a great & insightful writer. I love all your stories but I would also love to see the two stories merge at some point as l feel it would help the flow of both stories. Especially with dealing with the different background the two main characters come from & getting an understanding to their perspective inner workings. Keep of up the good work regardless of what you do I will come back for more. Thank you for the update & may your mom's health improve. Have a very happy & warm holidays season surrounded by those you love.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Update

I know you have things going on in your life and I totally respect that. I just wish you would update us on what is going on in your life and about your mother's condition =)

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
what an ass

The "danger" in the cow-situation is a bit unclear, at least to me. That Mica or whatever his name is, is an ass is however very clear.

After the traumas she has been through in her life, submitting easily to a violent man would not be a natural response. She has proven before that she fights or flees, so why is she accepting to be treated like a child, and brutalized at that?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
To Anonymous

They are cats not people. Rosy could have been gored or trampled. The biggest thing to remember here is that this is how they do things. Don't mistake where's for humans. It doesn't work like that. And if you don't like Micah(and do try to spell his name correctly it's right there) then stop reading

James1975James1975almost 11 years ago
Cows can kill

These wildcats probably weigh no more than 300 - 400 pounds. Given where they live, they're not tigers. You're talking about 1200-1500 pounds of enraged animal protecting their young versus maybe 400 pounds of cat. Yes, the cats are in danger from the cows protecting their young first, then the bulls. A cow will fight to the death to protect its young, while a bull will make an effort to protect individuals from the herd, but also will sacrifice a member or two to get the rest of the herd away from the danger. That's why the cows were more of a danger than the bulls, though they were deemed a danger as well. Wild cows are not like domesticated ones. They can and will charge a jeep if it gets too close to their young.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

The cats are in no danger whatsoever. Hasn't they heard about an invention called a gun? They don't have to hunt dangerous prey in cat shape unless they do it for the challenge.

Also the whole part of Jazzy and Donny being in danger if they had been there assumes Rosy would have been stupid enough to let them join her in the pasture. They have absolutely no respect for her intelligence.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous