All Comments on 'Best Friends Discover... Each Other'

by d4c4c8

Sort by:
  • 8 Comments
gravyruggravyrugabout 12 years ago
Good idea, but needs work

There's not really enough detail. and almost no background. How did they meet? How long have they been friends? Why have they never dated? How did two such good looking people get all the way through high school without a date? There were a few hints, but not nearly enough to make the story work. Keep trying, and add a bit more to the next one.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Tenses

It is bad enough to mix tenses in one story but here we see present tense and past tense both in one sentence. Very distracting.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago

This was very good I hope there is a follow on!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago

That's one hell of a cliffhanger.

drbob80drbob80about 12 years ago
Some praise and some critique

The plot was interesting and entertaining. I agree with the prior comment that you left us with a cliffhanger. However (and isn't there always one); your writing would come across much better if you would stop switching tenses in mid stream. Most of this story was presented in the past tense, but several time you switched to present tense in mid-sentence. That drive a lot of readers nuts, and will result in your story not being scored as highly as it should. Maybe talk to an editor to read it over and catch such problems before final submission. What ever you do though, do keep writing.

AverygoodlayAverygoodlayabout 12 years ago
Start of a great story

Start of a great story, I hope there is more to come.

Reading between the lines, I take it they grew up together as best friends and didn't date because they were brains in school and only thinking of their studies.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
A Breath of Freash Air!!

While I agree that the tenses need to be fixed to where they agree with each other, I must say that this story was such a wonderful tale. Clever plotting and very good pacing. Oh, and I LOVE the cliffhanger ending!

Just fix up the tenses, and it'll be a masterpiece!!!

The Atomic Chicken

TsaniaTsaniaover 11 years ago
Editor?

Tenses have already been mentioned, but pacing needs to be addressed also. Weeks pass in the same sentences as minutes. Other than those issues, it was a good story with excellent dialogue.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userd4c4c8@d4c4c8
8 Followers
Anything goes... Well, almost anything.