All Comments on 'Me Time'

by DeYaKen

Sort by:
  • 157 Comments
Huedogg2Huedogg2about 12 years ago
lets take a vote

WACC story, hummm, a little bit don't you think. if she fuck Roger at least twice a week for a year, plus Matt knew from the begining. (WACC). You don't need a years worth to get a divorce. RAAC after your wife cheated for a year, you have no kids because she was taking the pill to keep from getting pregnant, Why would you want her back?(RAAC). 65% WACC 35% RAAC,,, But over all a very well written story, thank for writing. 4stars

looking4itlooking4itabout 12 years ago
Not the plot I'd have written

This story did not go the way I would have written it but it was a good read. I saw the reconciliation a mile away but was handled in a way that the main character got to keep his dignity. I admire the patience you gave him for his revenge, I'm sure my version would not have had him last a year. I truly believe the birth control was the biggest lie and find it hard to believe he would not have made that a bigger issue. Regardless I made it through and appreciate the effort.

zed0zed0about 12 years ago
Okay Time To Give Back Your Man Card!

Once again you are living down to the stereotypical British cuck. You didn't even bother to do the traditional "slut wife manages to keep her legs together for a couple of years so it's okay to take her her back." I expect in the next chapter Matt will start to share your taste for cream pies and snow balls.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
nice story

the husband took almost a year to do something about it. But he did something about it. there are some people who are like that. what is hard for me to believe is the wife straying that long even if she knows that her husband is a much better lover than the one who she is cheating w/. all in all, a good story.

Rockyderek_caRockyderek_caabout 12 years ago
Good stuff

Good points by the other two commenters, but it's ok to pen a story that has the Heart ruling the day.... You cannot torch the one u love, even though they trashed you first, if your heart rules you and you have only one true love.

x_JohnDoe_xx_JohnDoe_xabout 12 years ago

A well written story of a couple that probably should be together. But then they deserve each other. And yes I am sure there are people like this in real life who do such things, yes i get this is fictional, at least I hope so.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
I Would Say

about 30 minutes and then pick up the phone.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
about

4 more years . me thinks this is written from the babes point of view ,i enjoy the chase of strange pussy why should i shoot myself in the foot again it feels sooo goooood yea right check is in the mail. good story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
It's nice to read a good story for a change,

instead of the usual garbage posted on this site lately. Well done, cheers.

tazz317tazz317about 12 years ago
WAITING AND WATCHING FOR MZ GOODBAR

leaves time for remenicing, TK U MLJ LV NV

BobNbobbiBobNbobbiabout 12 years ago
I really enjoyed this story

The way DYK told the story was close to perfect, simple and straightforward. It is a love story of very real proportions and very real people. I am even enough of a romantic to appreciate the ending of the story; bizarre blind date works well for a story but probably not so well in life. Author's license.

nakdsubnakdsubabout 12 years ago
I like the story a lot and I did give it 5*, but I did have my problems too...

I agree with Huedogg. First; twice a week is a little much, especially since her husband was the better fuck. If it was just the danger in it, once a week should have been plenty. Second; to be taking birth control pills while lying to hubby who want to have a family is just as big of a sin as the infidelity. And third; a year is a long time to allow an affair to go on. That's almost implausible. All things combined, it would be very difficult to get back together with her. Of course, the author never said they did get back togther. Do I see a sequel in the future. I guess she could convince him to try again, but it would certainly take more than a ten minute speech at the dinner table.

Still, like I said, I like the story, I thought it was well written and gave a big 5.

Thanks, DeYaKen.

Mostera1Mostera1about 12 years ago
One Year?

Her husband was the better lover yet twice a week for one year she screws Roger? Over the top way over the top doesn't make sense. Especially since husband knows too and lets it continue? Her lying about the birth control the ultimate slap in the face. Of course she does the typical I'm sorry and is now celibate when she couldn't close her legs to Roger for a year and she still wears the now meaningless ring of broken vows. Glad he got on with his life somewhat. Not sure about a reconcile. Still very well written.

Thank you!

Saxon_HartSaxon_Hartabout 12 years ago
nice for a reconciliation yarn

Well written, what fucked me up was putting me in Rogers head to start and then having him be a douche bag. Made it hard to.enjoy the royal fucking he got. 4*

TXanyTXanyabout 12 years ago
Love the writing...don't like the "tools"...

Everyone has already commented on the year length, and the birth control pills. I'm confused why you did drag it out for a year. However, the pills sure make sense to me, and yes, her husband should have been pissed...but he had plenty of reasons to be mad...one more could easily fall through the crack - it doesn't ruin the story. The thing that really rubs me wrong is the wife's "me time" with no challenge, concern or real mental thought by her "smart" husband. Twice a week for a 24 hr period each time for over a year? You gotta be bagging me! There is NO marriage in the world that could survive that action with one partner doing it and the other sitting at home loving and trusting and assuming the partner is just out "improving" themselves?@!! Even one "me time" would be an incredible challenge to a marriage -- even if the request for "me time" came with an explanation of a good reason to say why she needs to stay out the ENTIRE night...but with NO explanation...and over and over again without causing a marraige to break up??....it just is NOT happening in any country on this planet. Yeah, they reconciled cause they loved each other. But the events leading to this breakup and the reconciliation didn't happen on planet Earth, but rather on DeYaKen's world which obiously spins in another universe. So, since the world is different their logic is different, so the "tools" work fine! I really did enjoy the writing...and I still rated it highly!.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
I'm generally a member of the "torch the bitch" gang

this tale was different, not sure how, but the idea of the two of them at least looking into the possibility of trying again feels right.

maybe it's the fact that she suffered as much as, if not more than, he did.

pain has a habit of smartening people up.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Thank you

What a great story and I thoroughly enjoyed reading it. Thank you. I look forward to reading your next one.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
So

So what? He goes back to the same lying cheating whore he started with? I don't know how is is in England but the rest of the world is chocked full of beautiful intelligent women who couldbe trusted and loved.

SKHPSKHPabout 12 years ago
Nicely written, 5*

...but I agree with nakdsub, mostera & some others, that a whole year of "me time" twice a week including overnight stays (who would be o. k. with that?) and - most important - the cheating about contraceptive pills is a little too much to consider taking Jenny back. I did not get her reasoning at all...

greowulfgreowulfabout 12 years ago
good story

But one thing jarrs. His trust issues killed a relationship with a loving, innocent woman, but he can make another go with the woman who killed that trust? There are other plot holes (not remembering her name?) But that's the one that killed it.

Still, a good score for a well-written story.

Cheers,

Wulf

chastenchastenabout 12 years ago
Mixed feelings

Like some others here, I found the frequency of her extra-marital sex a bit inconsistent with what she claimed were her feelings when it was extended over a year--the excitement could be blamed for a while, but then....? The birth control thing really exacerbated this--somehow that betrayal made everything so much worse. She wasn't just having a bit of fun on the side whilst trying to minimize the cost to her husband (as if fidelity was a small thing!); she was actively sabotaging her family life on the sly.

On the other hand, it was well-written and flowed well. I like your writing style and will look for what you do next.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Good

DY,

Very good job. Liked it a lot.

Matt Moreau

AbsalomrideAbsalomrideabout 12 years ago
Four stars or five stars; it hangs on a dime.

For the genre, wonderful story telling. Plots and three dimensions, great dialog. We read so many of these stories on LW that don't cut it.

Some of you glitching about how how it went on for a year, despite it being explained as part of the revenge plot already being schemed against her, he discovered the affair early, well you have a point. If he's going to reconcile with her, it's a big forgive that she fucked around twice a week for a year. She says, and we believe her, that she just fell in with it, in the end she was getting off on imagining her husband 'rescuing her'. So a reconcile is almost forgivable because he couldn't stop loving her. Personally I couldn't do that, but this isn't my story.

I think if her 'Me Time' had been once a month it would be a more realistic story. So only going to score it oh what the heck, have a five and please keep writing. Great stuff.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
5 stars . . .

. . . for everything but him considering getting back with her. Way too much betrayal for him to even think about reconciling with her. Your writing style and pace, and development of plot and characters is superb. I'm eager for your next piece.

ohioohioabout 12 years ago
I enjoyed the story.

It drew me in with its good writing and emotional interest. For the most part it seemed reasonable and plausible, though some of the issues raised by other readers bothered me as well.

I have to say that his not being alerted by his ex-wife's maiden name seemed rather odd, given that it was a very uncommon name....

Thanks, ohio

FD45FD45about 12 years ago
Plausible

You made a few subtle shots at explaining things which I think some readers missed. It happens to me too.

1) She did cheat for a year, but as stated her calls to Roger tapered off as the year went on, and I got the sense (though the author neglected to define) that her visits ALSO tapered off.

2) IIRC, she did not immediately start screwing Robert in the 'Me Time', or at least she had her friends covering for her. Not sure which

3) The 'better lover' started to put his all into ringing her chimes AFTER he found out about the affair in an attempt to win her back. He started to 'court' her again. So between the two, she really ruined herself for him by SEEMING to ignore both. But she didn't. She broke it off but a day late and a dollar short. The realization that she really wished she was with her husband was a bit too long in coming, but she did realize it.

4) Coupled with point two, the man had some encouragement that she might change her mind. There was the tapering off...but then there was the continuance. Eventually it reached the point where pain overcame hope.

I am not exactly sure which reason you are going with with the 'Me Time", that he didn't know what she started to do (i.e. Roger) or that he DID know in advance and allowed her 'Me Time' as rope to hang herself. I was unclear on this point.

This was the best story I've read in the Catagory this week (This is not a slur). Thank you.

Scorpio44Scorpio44about 12 years ago
I had to ask myself...

Could I forgive my wife for such betrayal? If I were the offended party like in this story, could I call her and start a relationship with her? The answer is yes. The story was good enough to get me to look at the question and my answer. Thank you.

bruce22bruce22about 12 years ago
Extremely well written

with five star characterizations and development. The only problem is that I doubt if he will escape the trust issues even if he gives her try. At the best it will be a friend with benefits relationship...

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Sorry but the ending was the downfall!

A really good story until the end of the story when he asked her out . . she's a cheating, whoring, untrustworthy slut who "most likely" would have her legs spread for another man within a year .. so the story gets a 2! Alternative would be to have him happily married with children when they meet again with her having to see what she threw away .. that get's a 5!

SleeplessinMD3SleeplessinMD3about 12 years ago
Another Reconciliation At All Cost Story

So the woman who cheated on him twice a week for a year he ends up going back to even though she is no different than when he divorced her. Ironically, he has trust issues with other women but Jenny gets a second chance. Hmm! Matt just can not live withour her.

cantbuymycantbuymyabout 12 years ago
I'm more of a burn the bitch down

kind of guy but you did a good job here. it is believeable - shit like this can anb does happen after the hurt goes away. well written. you get a 5. i will read the rest of your stories.

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveabout 12 years ago
No Way

You just don't forget the pain, the betrayal, the feeling of being abandoned and made a fool out of. He shouldn't even consider taking her back. Oh well, in fiction anything can happen. Even the impossible.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
To sum up the ending.

TOTAL BULLSHIT!

Harryin VAHarryin VAalmost 12 years ago
so why um go through all the screaming if they end up back together again?

seems like MASSIVE waste of time

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
Pate de foie gras twice a week is a Chinese torture

no woman in the world would have sex twice a week with a man who is not in love with.

even if it was the best lover in the world passed the initial excitement it'll become dull.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
betrayal

stroking the stiff shaft, swallowing the creamy jizz, betrayed!

gabaagabaaalmost 12 years ago
How Long Should He Wait Before Calling?

25 years would be about right

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Crap ending

That ending just sucked. I don't care how lonely I am, that's not going to happen. He must have a thing for misery.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
you had a 5 story but the ending dropped it to a 2

RAAC is never worth it, you throw out the trash not keep it

green117green117over 11 years ago
Birth control pills

It appears that the comments after a story comes out start out with the Troll-Rapid-Response-Network, progresses to some fairly well thought out comments, and then when the trail goes cold, back to the trolls.

I suppose this makes me a troll. go figure.

Anyway, I wanted to mention that I would be more upset with a wife who didn't use BC pills when having a lover than one who did. Of course, I'd be angry either way, but focusing on the BC pills as the larger betrayal seems to me stupid.

Green-something

tazz317tazz317over 11 years ago
#2 RYYMES AND REASONS

we all need security and comfort, TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Dude, get a brain

You've got to be kidding.

chilleywilleychilleywilleyover 11 years ago
absolutely the best

Loved it. wish I could write as well. No supermen and women here, just your garden variety of sinners. Well they sin in different ways, but some large like Rodger, some small like Matt, but sinners we are. No doubt about it, it's hard to forgive, but time does heal all wounds, as it did here.

If you see a bump in your scores, it's me reading, and in some cases re reading your stories.

Chilley

semofuncpl3semofuncpl3over 11 years ago
Jesus F. Christ

how much worse can it get. Jenny didn't have to worry about getting preggy from him. He has no balls. She cut his heart into little pieces once, she will do it again. Wish could give ratings less that 1. This deserves about a negative 5. Only ones who would like this crap are women who think they can cheat on their hubbies and get by with it.

Harryin VAHarryin VAabout 11 years ago
wow this is just fuckign vile... what about THE BIRTH CONTROL PILLS ?

the story begins with matt finding out that even they have agreed to start a family.. she has been on birth control pills AND fucking Roger.

that sort of betrayal and deception is every bit as bad as fucking Roger yet that is 100% ignored in the rest of this vile stupid moronic story .

WHY?

in order to make RAAC possible

Harryin VAHarryin VAabout 11 years ago
look who liked the story

chilly willey OHIO and MM..

enough said

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Don't like reconciliation, but this worked

Normally I don't like reconciliation stories, but the hell this woman put herself through out of guilt made it an acceptable ending.

Some time one must lose everything before you know how to keep it the next time around. It's like amassing money. Until you've gone bankrupt atleast once (I mean destitute bankrupt not "medical bills" bankrupt) you'll never really understand money and how to keep it.

We really are stupid creatures most of the time.

Oh, and Roger lost everything he cared about as well so there was adequate revenge involved.

cantbuymycantbuymyabout 11 years ago

Bull shit from the cheating husband to the good husband - "She never left you, man. It was just me, not letting go, telling her all the things that you should have told her." Said the cheating husband to the husband that was not cheating. what absolute crap from a cheater. as if he could blame the wronged husband. how the fuck would he know what the husband was telling his wife. good recon story - don't usually like them but this one is ok.

TavadelphinTavadelphinalmost 11 years ago
Well as the story line goes it worjs

He will not get past her and she never stopped wanting him - she just stopped thinking about him first -

It could work - she has changed and been treated for the metal issues - we hope -

Nicely written certainly -

LickideesplitLickideesplitalmost 11 years ago
@Green117. Birth control

When Hubby wants to start a family and Sweetie agrees, but then takes BC pills because she has a long-term lover, it is a good news - bad news dilemma! Good news...she will NOT have The Bull's child and foist it on Hubby! Very decent of her! Bad news...Hubby wants to start a family! Sweetie is betraying her agreement to work on that! Because she can't/won't put her lover on hold for a couple of months! Meanwhile, Hubby is wondering if he is sterile or Sweetie is infertile. Also, Hubby is getting older (as is Sweetie) and getting used to being childless! The Bad News trumps the Good News by a multiple of about 20...or more!

Bull informed Hubby about Sweetie terminating their relationship that week. Not a very reliable witness. If she had ended it a month before (and owned up to the betrayal), Hubby admitted he would have kept Sweetie! When she confesses all at the restaurant (with no expectation of it changing anything) in front of friends to whom it hurt Sweetie to look bad, Hubby had a second angle and verification of how Sweetie HAD chosen him over her Bull! It makes attempting a reconciliation (one he would have accepted earlier) much easier to consider!

5*

cantbuymycantbuymyalmost 11 years ago

i still hate the cheating cunt of a wife but just so so about them getting together, which they dont actually do here, not yet. so now the bull has had the beauty that was the husbands one time getting a beautiful woman and she cheated on him. when i think about it, why the fuck take her back. yes she is sorry. gee honey we were already done so no harm no foul. but they both took something they could not give back; honesty, truth, trust, and nothing will give them back and the pain is always there. this was not a one time thing, the cheating cunt arranged their entire life to make time to fuck his best god damn friend. how fucked is that.

FORGET EVERYTHING I SAID ABOUT GETTING BACK TOGETHER IS SO SO - IT FUCKING STINKS!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Ending killed it.

Fine story until the ending. Ending turned Matt into a spineless wimp.

JounarJounaralmost 11 years ago

How the fuck is this shit rated so high?

Odyssey_001Odyssey_001almost 11 years ago
Innovative....and good read....

With the LW genre explored totally, I liked the story for the innovative "Me Time" theme. But, as I read, I lost interest gradually and the ending was like an "unpleasant" slap because:

* Jenny carried on a twice-weekly full-day affair over an year under a false pretense. Worse, it was with hubby's friend. It was not a single moment of weakness or a few times mistake, though the frequency/intensity of the sex was irregular.

* Why is the wronged spouse expected to "up" their A-game to win back a cheating spouse. The competition was over when they married, and marriage means a couple moves beyond physical attraction towards shared responsibilities, helping each other etc. and a certain understanding/romance that only shared living can provide. No marriage can compete against an external physical attraction because the "excitement" is new and tends to overpower the stability a marriage provides.

* Hubby has no problem dis-trusting new partners even after friends explain and advise - but is ready to jump in with the ex-wife just because she expressed remorse after a few years, and still wears his ring? And during their marriage he had no problem "waiting for her" with a self-imposed deadline for nearly an year, while she was cheating around wearing the same ring ?

I don't mind a certain amount of "artistic license" but this story didn't sound plausible at all. Hubby has trust issues with at least 2 other very desirable women he hooked up with and spurns them, but is eager to court his cheater ex-wife again ?

I stopped reading Matt Moreau's stories after reading 3 or 4 (though they were well written) because wronged guys in his stories get degraded. This story kinda started veering towards similar degradation at the end.

I think I read it in one of SS06's stories - the best way to not have a future is to NOT let go of the past...

gulshannraygulshannrayover 10 years ago
ME TIME

A good story and ending is also good due to the forgiving by Matt.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago

Well.. I think this story is kind of unusual revenge story. Unusual because you didn't exacly made characters to deserve revenge. Maybe because you started talking from cheating side. Ofc when i say deserve i meant i want them to suffer.. i did not get that kind of feeling. His wife was devastated from the go. And he didn't even show any compassion even though she pretty much destroyed his heart. The cheating friend pretty much accepted this situation.. almost as if he was prepared. There was no love for his wife shown. Only how much jealousy he had in him.

Its hard even to say how pathetic Matt was.

He allowed 1 year of her "me time".. No man have right to call yourself a man after that. He should have stop it after it started or divorce her. Simply by talking to his wife about her affair because well its no brainer that her "me time" wasnt exacly shopping.. if he had showed that he is unhappy with it.. she would not do that. Even she said that, she waited for him to take her, but ofc he was such a pathetic wimp that waited for her..

The ending actually is accurate.. he wasnt able to trust any woman anymore.. there was no chance that he would find happiness. But if his ex-wife did really regret all of that then.. thats the situation with chance for happiness. There wasnt much talk how exacly she convicted him for her me time.. or how she acted most of the time. But if we believe that she did love him and simply fallen for Roger's charm.. no harm will be done.. and her husband even agreed to that.. then how can you blame her that her husband was wimp.

But ofc both of them should burn in hell..

the most funny part is as author described Matt as better in sex than Roger. thats riddiculous.. he was so awesome in bed that his wife still decided to spread her legs.. two days in week for this pathetic roger.. come on

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Loved the ending.....

There can be forgiveness if the offending party is truly repentant.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Well done

Need some more of your writings

tazz317tazz317over 10 years ago
#2 WHEN THE GREEN MONSTER ENVY GETS INVOLVED

the ego assumes control of all function. TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
On a second reading

I still think this is a pretty good story. My praise earlier didn't offer much for suggestions. Most of the comments went to the elements of the suspension of belief. Obviously the fewer the better and there were too many of them and they didn't need to be there.

1 The 'me time' was clearly egregious, One evening every other week would have been fine, the suspension of belief was them not talking about what or were she was

2 Forget trying to have children, needless complication

3 Forget making him gods gift to pussy, just make him pretty damn good,

3 Make the affair a now and then thing. He can occasionally check up on her, and find her doing normal wife things, and after a few months catch her coming out of a motel.

4 Delaying retribution was good, but a couple of months would have been better

On the other hand, given the audience, heavy handed, egregious behavior helps the understand. Like shouting to the hard of hearing.

DeYaKenDeYaKenover 10 years agoAuthor
Thank you

I'm surprised that after almost two years, this story is still getting comments. I wish that those of you leaving constructive anonymous comments would get an account because I would like to be able to thank you.

If I were ever to revisit the story there are somethings I would change:

Yes two days a week was too much, One day a week of Me Time would have been better.

It would have been better if he'd found out just before planning the family holiday and been able to trace it back.

I'm afraid there are husbands who do hold on hoping the whole thing will go away or that the wife will own up. They don't realise the damage they are doing to themselves.

I left the ending open for you to decide whether they got back together. Yes it really was left open. The fact that he was going to call her doesn't mean it's all over it simply means he was considering allowing her back into his life.

My viewpoint FWIW is that in his state of mind (all the distrust) the person that caused it is more likely to understand and accept it than anyone else so they have a chance. However the damage may well have been too great.

Anyway thank you all for your comments, good and bad.

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333over 10 years ago
Loved it

This is an amazing piece, probably my favorite of yours. What a clever device to get reconciliation back on the table. I have never read of such a scenario, with the two attending a blind date and pretending not to know each other. And it worked! Absolutely brilliant. Very original. Then you ended it perfectly not trying to spell out all the details of the reconciliation. This is five stars, an instant favorite, and I am sure I will have much to say later. I'm practically giddy.

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333over 10 years ago
One more thought ...

The fact that she went on a blind date with her wedding ring on is a bit curious. It makes me wonder if she knew that the date was her ex (as told to her by her friend Mary). If your asking someone to go on a blind date with you, you generally share a bit of information with them - to include their name, what they look like, what they do for a living. If she did know in advance, it makes it seem she put the ring on just for the date, rehearsed her speech, and intended to win him back. It comes across as insincere. I prefer to believe that she had no idea it was her ex. It make her speech more sincere and reconciliation an acceptable option for the reader. But if she didn't know it was her ex, why wear the ring? If you are agreeing to go on blind dates, it means you are open to the possibility of a relationship. That would mean the ring stays home. Again, I prefer to believe she didn't know it was her ex, wore her ring because she still had it bad for hubby, and was sincere in all that she said. However, I think you should have written in some element to explain why she agreed to a date while still pining away over her husband and wearing the rings.

Sam37Sam37over 10 years ago
Nicely done

I disagree with the notion that attempting to have children was a needless complication. Nay, it deepened the betrayal.

I don't know what I would recommend for this story. Yes, one day of "me time" my have been more believable. I can't imagine agreeing to the terms described, but then again, I accepted long ago that each relationship is different. I know couples who ENJOY fighting.

I'm a hopeless romantic, and part of me wants reconciliation to occur. I have mixed feelings about both of the main characters, but that simply means that you made them realistic. None of us are completely saints or sinners. We're all a mixture of the two.

sugnasugnaover 10 years ago
Read it again

I just read this again. The thought that went through my head is given the hard earned experience this man has had in his romantic life he should now be able to pick a pretty good wife for himself. In addition to his ex, he had time to explore other types of women, he probably had some past experience too. Why couldn't he identify a "good" woman? Again, I come back to the conclusion that some type of emotional disorder was underlying both spouses. Clearly his ex was a disturbed woman. She wound up in a mental hospital. (that makes what his "friend" did all the worse, certainly he deserved a bit more pain) The husband also must have had something wrong with him. It is not normal to get involved with people that have psychological problems. They do not make stable friends, partners, spouses, worse - parents! So, why on earth would an intelligent man consider renewing such a relationship?

xtchrxtchrabout 10 years ago
Hard to Believe!

An affair for a year, 2 days a week and he takes her back. Not very likely. He should have walked out when he first realized it was her. Why do these authors want the supposed man, who loves the woman no matter what she does, find some way to take her back. I think that is so unrealistic, and plain wrong.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Matt is beyond repair

Betrayed by the two people in the entire world you think you can trust, rips out a part of a man that can't be repaired or regrown. It is gone. Forever. All future relationships will be judged against the one that killed a part of him and that woman will always know that 'something' is lacking in her marriage.

No, best to never see Jenny ever again and to never marry again. That saves another woman from having to live with a man that will never be whole again in his lifetime.

Thanks again, Jenny....

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
How long should he wait before calling?

About 150 years ought to do it.

gatorhermitgatorhermitalmost 10 years ago
Well written story. Interesting and entertaining.

DYK's comments indicate that he sees the flaws in the plot line that others have also pointed out. Second read for me - story still reads well until the end. He should have upgraded.

InescuInescualmost 10 years ago
Good Read

Good plot, very good dialog, a very enjoyable read. I have a few quibbles, but they are minor (the twice a week thing is a bit much, even if they did reduce it later on) and the entire concept of Me Time, especially two times a week just screams 'I'm a cheater'. I don't mind a reconciliation story if well written, this one was.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Disgusted!

My God! I can't believe you make them get back together. The worst part is, Jenny was blaming Roger and not really taking responsibility for her own action. So stupid.

chytownchytownover 9 years ago
Damn Good Read*****

Thanks for sharing.

calflashcalflashover 9 years ago
ending

horrible ending - did you run out of time or ideas

tazz317tazz317over 9 years ago
ONE MUST ALWAYS REMEMBER ABOUT ME TIME

it always infringes on My Time. TK U MLJ LV NV

evilbloomieevilbloomieover 9 years ago
Not your best.

I have come to love your stories and you have become one of my favorite authors. The ending of this story was so far below your usual high standards.

AmbivalenceAmbivalenceover 9 years ago
I agree that this ending seemed kind of FAST...

but I disagree that once a cheater always a cheater.

Once, in a fit of depression, I did something which after the fact resulted in a great deal of physical pain (and a hospital visit)...

It wasn't planned, it want expected, it wasn't intended. It was just a side effect of a very bad decision.

I never ever made that decision again.

You cheat on a spouse you truly love and it blows up in your face - rightly so. You cause them unimaginable pain, a thing you would never do on purpose. And if you really do love them, their pain is your pain.

Would you have caused them that pain on purpose...? Or ever EVER be willing to do it again knowing what you did...? Maybe not.

Sure there are people who would but that means there are people who won't. And if there are people who won't, it's not true that once a cheater ALWAYS a cheater... assuming the way you define that statement is that the person will cheat again vs that a person who cheated is now a cheater in the way that a person who kills someone is now a killer even if they never kill anyone else in their whole life.

tazz317tazz317over 9 years ago
THE ENGLISH HAVE A STRANGE HABIT OF FORGIVING

and of live and let live even on a personal level. TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Agreed

with Domeric. Cheaters are always cheaters. They only get best at it when given a second chance.

EddboyEddboyabout 9 years ago
oncea cheater always a cheater

simply b/c once you cheat you cant ever take that back hence you're a cheater. She cheated for a year but im not sure exactly why he stuck with her so long but i dont see myself taking her back just bc her affair lasted so long

RhomanovRhomanovabout 9 years ago
***

Read like a paint by the numbers .....

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Oh, a cheater is ALWAYS a cheater

And without exception.

My own wife cheated on me, and also for about a year. In fact, almost exactly a year. She first spread her thighs for 'the other man' on her birthday of all days and it continued until her next birthday, at least, within a few days.

When I found out, I immediately confronted her. She was apologetic, telling me how much she loved me and what a mistake it was, how if she could take it all back, she would. Of course, I told her, we have to divorce, I won't be married to a cheater and never be able to trust her again. She begged I guess, in that she swore it would never happen again. There were tears to be sure, but she didn't scream and cry like Jenny in this story. She was much more subdued.

I was firm on the divorce. As I told her the day we went in to sign the papers, I loved her more than my own life, but I couldn't be married to someone who treated her spouse so callously, with such terrible disrespect. Again the told me how much she loved me but I explained to her she was wrong, absolutely no one on earth would deliberately hurt their professed loved one the way she did. She might look at me fondly, as one does a pet, but love? Nope I told her, I refused to believe she ever felt it toward me.

We've been divorced for 10 years now. I see her around town every so often, it's a terribly small town we both still live and work in. She is sad, never dates or goes out I understand, but the, neither do I. I spent my time at home alone. When we meet on the street, she never fails to smile her sad smile and tell me hello, I never fail to keep a straight face and ignore her. We should have kids in grade school by now, but no, she killed our kids as surely as she killed our marriage. I supposed some day she'll remarry and have a houseful of kids. Me? I can't imagine ever trusting anyone that much again.

sugnasugnaalmost 9 years ago
The Only Reason

The only reason a cheater does not want a divorce is because that "Romantic Affair" that had no ill consequences, will turn into an act of ultimate vulgar stupidity. Both the cheater and those that know the cheater will not look at the occurrence with fond admiration. They will look at the cheater as a stupid, crude, loser. I work in an office that has it share of cheaters. They have been outed and they have no respect or credibility. If they try to insert themselves into a decision making process, they are dismissed with a smirk. You see, these idiots traded away the most important thing in their lives and the lives of their spouse and children for an orgasm. While sex is very enjoyable and orgasms are great, you do not need to cheat to have either and you certainly do not have to give up your marriage and your children either. The judgement of a cheater is clearly severely lacking. Even if the offended spouse does not divorce them, all trust and respect is gone. The cheated spouse now has their judgement called into question! They are associating with an idiot. They are married to a fool, a clown! That is really at the crux of cheating - stupidity. Forget about the "pain" of discovering your spouse fucking another person. The truth is that being married to a loser that would cheat is painfully embarrassing! Staying married to them is buying into their stupidity and the lack of respect that the world has for idiot cheaters! Humiliating!

sbrooks103sbrooks103almost 9 years ago
One Star For The Undeserved RAAC

"You bastard, you said this wouldn't happen. Just a bit of fun, you said. Matt will never know, you said. Matt will be fine, you said.”

Um, you’re a grown woman, Roger didn’t rape you, you didn’t have to listen to his BS lines.

He gives her TWO "Me" days a week, no questions asked, never even asks for equal time, and she uses it to screw around with his "best friend", he wisely dumps her ass, then can't accept anyone else, and then takes her back?

She acts all sorry and remorseful NOW, and maybe even means it, but within 5 years, 10 at the most, she's going to get bored and/or fall for some slick line, and cheat again, secure in the knowledge that the wimp can't be with anyone else and will take her back.

tazz317tazz317almost 9 years ago
DOE ANYONE KNOW HOW LONG PURGATORY IS SUPPOSED TO BE

I am almost certain its longer than 5 years. TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Good story

Feelings abound, ruined only by the silly RaaC.

rightbankrightbankover 8 years ago
a very true to life story, unfortunately

sadly flawed people hurting each other.

I am glad I read the comment posted by DYK, he voiced some of my own thoughts especially the way it was left open ended.

an observation, me time can be destructive to our time, eventually becoming not us time, eliminating trust from the relationship.

a question, I understand the process of discovering the affair, Jennie taking me time provided the freedom to be away on her own, but how did how did Roger get the same time away from Karen without suspicion twice a week for a year?

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333over 8 years ago
Second time through...

Thanks for the offering.

Vito1960Vito1960about 8 years ago
Very good story

Regret, reconciliation, redemption, this story has all. I like the fact that there is a chance of happiness at the end. Everyone needs a second chance, I gave my wife one 20 years ago. It's been worth every painful memory, you see nobody is perfect. Just learn to live, love , laugh, and forgive. It's worth it in the end!

EddboyEddboyabout 8 years ago
no reconciliation

I cant approve a reconciliation simply bc of the level of disrespect she showed him while cheating. The fact that she was willing to cheat on him while they were on vacation together staying a few doors down from the man she was cheating with, his best friend, is astonishing.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
It never ceases to amaze me that the BTB crowd is so hateful in their comments about stories that end like this.

Maybe Matt still loves her, or thinks he can love her again. After all, his life hasn't been grand since the breakup. Let the writer write his or her story, and have whatever ending they choose. There's hope expressed here at the end, and when all's said and done, that's all any of us really have even if you are at present in what you think is a great relationship.

BuzzCzarBuzzCzaralmost 8 years ago
Well Done

Nicely written story with believable characters and actions. A reconciliation seemed a bit easier than I would have expected based on early actions, but it fit the characters as they were developed. Well done.

oldbearswitcholdbearswitchover 7 years ago
Poor fool that Matt, he must now try to trust the one who taught him to untrust

Why J Geils had a hit with Love Stinks. Oldbearswitch

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Ugh

She is sorry ?

She wasn't sorry to be doing it. Having a year long affair where it never occurs to her to cut it off ?

Poor cuckold Matt I hate seeing decent guys emasculated like this.

She is done now and is ready to be faithful again, how tempting.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
cannot trust???

He breaks up with Carol, a wonderful woman, because he cannot trust females.

Then when he runs into Jenny on blind date, all she has to do is shed a few tears and say a few words and he is all set to take up with her again. So he decides to trust the one female he knows for certain he cannot trust!!!

Great writing but any sequel would end up with her straying again

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
plenty of me time

Out of the blue a wife TELLS her husband she will be going off alone two days a week and he is not allowed to contact her or even ask where she is going or what she did.

Upon her making that statement I would tell her I am going off for 365 days per year of my own me time.

No reason any spouse could justify that demand.

Jenny had to be delusional if she actually believed husband did not know she was cheating. The ''we were so careful'' remark was lunacy

studebakerhawkstudebakerhawkabout 7 years ago
Where is it exactly that you live?

I really need to move there when I retire. You guys obviously have a much better supply of recreational drugs than we do. He can't trust Carol because she does shift work, but when it's a woman he KNOWS is willing and able to betray him? He can't get back with her quickly enough. Evidently, someone is seriously stoned. Now, about that address?

mony50usmony50usalmost 7 years ago
Good story

Really, it was a good story. The writing was better than average. You have a very good imagination. I just wish anonymous would see that this only a story and not get his/her panties in such a twist 😏

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
zero sense

he plays cuck for a year, divorces, his trust issues prevent him from finding a woman, then he decides it's a good idea to date the cheating ex. nice.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
how long to wait???

Until the 12th of NEVER...

and even that would be too soon.

WELL WRITTEN THOUGH

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Not your best.

To me you're one of the best writers here, but this is not your best. Previous comments already pointed out the flaws in this story. One of the most important to me is that it has no end.

The fact that the husband was willing to be cuckoled for a year is completely unrealistic. No need to point out why.

Her excuses were lame (again, is there a good reason to cheat?) and the fact that she did it with his best friend made it even worst.

Why would he give the slut a second chance? Don't look at me, I would have walked out as soon as I spoted her.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userDeYaKen@DeYaKen
1625 Followers
Thank you to all those people who said the enjoyed The Driver. I've been away from Lit for a while I have been concentrating on writing books for sale. The latest, The Unsold Child, is available for $2.99 at https://books2read.com/u/38g5ZB Probably more suitable for Literotic...