All Comments on 'St. Valentine Defeats the Wolf'

by MrMax59

Sort by:
  • 6 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago

Interesting...

CatBrownCatBrownabout 12 years ago
I was on board until...

Everything was great until the sex scene, then it lost its realism and flow completely. What should have been a slow seduction (over a few days) and a marriage bed was instead totally unrealistic for the characters. Rewrite the end and make this a truly lovely story.

PrincessJezebelPrincessJezebelabout 12 years ago
WTF?

"Fuck my cunt with your hard cock!" In ancient Rome? I'm afraid the dialog, as well as the editing, left much to be desired.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
random

Even without the sex it was good until the sex scene. I agree with Cat, the dialogue for the sex made it completely unrealistic and unenjoyable. Disappointing

EesomeBeastieEesomeBeastieabout 12 years ago
Great story line but the sex scene needs more work

I agree with previous commenters that the sex scene needs some work. Suddenly Lavinia is acting like a very experienced woman. I dont have a problem with them throwing themselves at each other they have had a near death experience and hormones are running crazy but she should be a bit less skilled, maybe even worried about being able to please him. Also she doesnt seem to be the sort of woman who would suddenly turn into a potty-mouth out of the blue. 4 stars.

EesomeBeastieEesomeBeastieabout 12 years ago

I'm not sure I agree with PrincessJezebel writing the sex talk off as completely wrong, though. Short of writing the dialogue in late Roman street Latin, the nearest we can get is to use modern phrasing that has the same effect and impact. I am sure some couples must have enjoyed dirty talk then, as they do now, and the choice of phrases is entirely appropriate if she was one of those women. The problem is that I don't think she could be. Where would she have learned it from given how boring her previous experiences of sex had been? It's too much of a character change, too fast.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous