All Comments on '"Simply Waiting II" acrylic 50 x 70'

by Marguerite01

Sort by:
  • 19 Comments
snowpaintersnowpainterabout 12 years ago
elegant work

As an artist, I appreciate your work, Marguerite. Your sense of volume and use of negative space is very good. I hope to see more of you work.

Snowpainter

BBW FanBBW Fanabout 12 years ago

Beautiful as always.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Enchanting

Like the colors, and the folds, do you have more

dandygirl22dandygirl22about 12 years ago
love it

very beautiful painting i can almost feel the muscles and wonder how smooth her skin is.

Bear1954Bear1954about 12 years ago
Talent!

Your work is very good. You even got the feet right, something which Gauguin had a hard time doing. She appears as though she is awaiting the arrival of her lover in anticipation of some toe-curling sex. In fact, the memory of past love-making sessions is curling her toes. Again, very good.

PiodenPiodenalmost 12 years ago
Delightful!

You really are exceptionally talented, thank you for sharing your work.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Nicely done!

beautiful in it's simplicity so evocatively rendered!

LWulfLWulfover 10 years ago
critique 2

Aha! I see you did a newer variation here. I love variations!

I would quibble with your mentioning "unusual colors". Colors and tonal qualities are very much dependent on what the artist sees as well as the pallet of colors they have to choose from. Sometimes, "odd colors" need to be shown to enhance the separation of two different materials but of similar hue. Why you didn't do this on the right side is a little beyond me. The highlight colors on the body seem almost too similar to the hues of the sheets/background.

I think you used more "outline" on this painting which perceptibly lowers your deftness of style. The first version showed less use of outline so you used color better to indicate borders there...

I see in this version, the spinal hollow is more defined (it's marvelous that you had read my last comment and revisited it to make this version in only a matter of minutes! XD ), but I wonder if it is in it's correct location? The spine looks correct in location to the back, but the cleft of the buttocks looks a little too far to the left??

With that exception, I think you worked the proportions much better this time...

Likewise your choice of colors is exemplary. This variation looks less rushes, the background squiggles look softer and more relaxed.

Feet and hands, again, wonderful!

Again, some hits and some misses, but an overall good piece. :)

BTW, what medium are you using? I can't quite tell if it is watercolor or acrylic?

BodyartistBodyartistover 10 years ago
Lovely picture

serene and dignified, very feminine, and erotic at the same time, excellent work!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Better

This is better done than the first "Simply Waiting."

The erotic element is more pronounced here. I suspect, dear Marguerite, that you are the girl in both paintings.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
great!

good work!

Petercarl59Petercarl59over 7 years ago
Great pose

Such a serene pose great job

fran969fran969over 6 years ago
Nude

Nicely done painting . The pose is well shaded and somewhat seductive. Nice job!

Fils_DeRachildeFils_DeRachildeover 6 years ago
Contained Energy

Lots I could say about this. It's really a really nice piece. The work you did on her back really gives a sense of a whole lot of energy contained within her. I love it.

MASHKAVEEZOMASHKAVEEZOabout 6 years ago
True Art

I love seeing what I refer to as "real art" on this site. Waaaaay too much computer imaged stuff. This is just beautiful.

Rach52Rach52almost 6 years ago
very nice

well done, great perspective

johnpauljjohnpaulj4 months ago

Simply beautiful!

RamseyMacDonaldRamseyMacDonaldabout 1 month ago

Really nice. Lovely mood.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous