All Comments on 'The Secrets We Keep From Each Other'

by chilleywilley

Sort by:
  • 135 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Well, just another attempt to make a wimp husband something else.

You're right, didn't like it. He is cuckolded and is a wimp. Wife is a cheating slut and gets a "get out of jail" card free. Another cluck loving story.

theaquarianpentheaquarianpenabout 12 years ago
I like happy endings

anonamous of coarse doedn't like anything but we're uised to that. there must mbe mmore than one cowardly anonaqmous out there. This one is not rabidly religous.

That onr would probably like this outcome.

LordSlamdawggLordSlamdawggabout 12 years ago
Thoughtful Story But Who The Hell With a Triple Digit IQ Takes Fortune tellers Seriously ?

I liked the overall setup & dilemma posed by author, yet the worth of the wife was very shakey. The multiple facile lies & feigned indignation when the husband catches her out don't auger well for long term future.

Then she swallows the crystal ball hokum & this woman works in public relations ? Frankly, she doesn't sound that smart enough to be in that field though her integrity levels are about par for the field.

Yet it was nice to read an effort by this author who had written some edgy favorites of mine. Though for this individual work, I wish Chilley had given the straying wife a bit more substance to justify the salvage effort.

Huedogg2Huedogg2about 12 years ago
You can't forgive something you never confronted

To me it's just another WACC story. She cheated and you let her off the hook. And who said the baby was his, she's been fucking around and oh well. I'm a slut but my wimpy assed husband loves my dirty draws. To forgive you have to come. Lean and ask for it.

zed0zed0about 12 years ago
Bible thumping wimps! Does It Get Any Sicker?

Jeebus Cripes! What the fuck is your malfunction?

Lemme 'splain it to ya - When alien cock penetrates your slut wife's pussy, it immediately becomes contaminated, and only suitable for use by non-men and wimps.

While I appreciate the honesty of your warning, I'm sure you will equally appreciate the honesty of my comments. The viral vile that bitch writers such as yourself spew forth, has to be met with the truth, and the truth is you must be an evil male bashing piece of shit to write this crap.

So putting a lame assed warning doesn't exempt you from getting the nasty comments you so richly deserve.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Very stupid story

about stupid vimp ana abaut hypocrisy in marriage, 1*

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightabout 12 years ago
Nice story.

Readers need to consider these stories as slices of life. Not every man is a Navy Seal that kills his competition and sells the wife into slavery. How much do you love your spouse? How badly do you want to stay married? What can you forgive? What is it that makes a man a man? There are many different ways to handle the same problem. This was one way and the guy had his family and his wife into old age. Was that a mistake, or a wise decision? This story inspired thought, which makes it a target for those among us lucky enough to live in a black and white world with no shades of gray.

blue4242blue4242about 12 years ago
Keep them coming!

You found a great solution to Chris' problem.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
A very good story.......

Excellent plot and character development. Keep writing.

Johnny1MJohnny1Mabout 12 years ago
Harddaysknight has it right.

The value in reading these stories is that fairly often you come across some that make you think. After I read this, I thought that if I were in this position, I would eventually(after 2 or 3 years) bring up my own infidelity and hers and talk it out. At that point the pain would be attenuated and both parties would realize how close they came to divorce and ruining their marriage. One thing that I believe is true is that a fling initially can be more exciting than your spouse because everything is new and different. It will eventually cool down, but often it can become much more than just sex. The sex turns into an emotional attachment and you find you're "in love". You divorce but eventually find what you found wasn't as good as what you threw away. Plus you've now become a couple of cheaters. Which doesn't bode well for the future.

In this story, the husband saved both his wife and himself from that. Another thing to think about. Often in a loving wife story, one spouse finds out about the other cheating. He(or she) as the case may be often moralizes and turns down an offer of sex with someone else, usually saying, "Two wrongs don't make a right." I wonder if that's always true. It might sometimes be the case that "revenge sex" can lesson both the cheating spouses guilt and the other spouses anger. In this story, I think that it was only the fact that he had cheated and didn't tell his wife that allowed him to take this action. Her cheating took all his guilt away. Telling her a few years later might help her get rid of her guilt. Anyway, it made you think, which is what I like in a story.

looking4itlooking4itabout 12 years ago
I Agree

Johnny makes a good point about Chris' indiscretion having a settling affect on his reaction to hers.

Lordwhatever--people with a guilty conscious can sometimes believe something that they would not normally or rationally believe regardless of intelligence.

Seems like all the "little" people are really breathing fire this week in regard to cheating spouses and lack of divorce...perhaps they are lawyers and are miffed that litigation isn't the standard answer. Surely, they lack the ability to truly love and seem to consider forgiveness a sin.

Interesting story with some unique insight into a person's mind in regard to cheating, priorities and vengeance.

tazz317tazz317about 12 years ago
ONCE WE HAD A SECRET LOVE

and its not a secret any more, but hidden. TK U MLJ LV NV

gatorhermitgatorhermitabout 12 years ago
Good Story

I really liked the twist with the fortune teller - well written and clever. I agree with HDK's comment.

BobNbobbiBobNbobbiabout 12 years ago
Fun . . .

. . . and a future filled with popcorn, ice cream, grandchildren and none of the waste water of life. Enjoyed your story Chill.

bigguy323bigguy323about 12 years ago
I'm not normally a fan of reconciliation stories, but this one works.

By avoiding a confrontation and having her see "the future" she was able to pull back from the abyss and go back to being a faithful wife.

Maybe...Trust, but verify...

demantoiddemantoidabout 12 years ago
Wonderfully endearing story

Loved the gentle rhythm of this story...along with the irony. Well plotted and well written. Further enjoyed the protagonist's work description...too funny! The carnival setting was a terrific plot enhancer. Thank you ChilleyWilley.

green117green117about 12 years ago
Thanks - well thought out

Nice to see a middle ground story.

Unfortunately I also agree that secrets tend to decrease intimacy over time - but what can you do?

Green-something

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
different twist but good work

very well thought out story, beats so much garbage work out there.. thank you for writing..looking foward to more of your work. a fan

UndrApprctdUndrApprctdabout 12 years ago
Potential but falls short

Overall, he seems fine with her cheating throughout the story. I don't understand the conflict.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Happy ending for the CUCK

Just more wimp shit. Sorry I read it.

Mriceman1964Mriceman1964about 12 years ago
So So

In true life i'm sure that many couples have had to deal with this same situation . What to do ? Try and work things out or just say fuck it and get divorced . Chris did what he wanted to do to save his marriage and it worked for them . I'm sure that there are many that could not handle this . I for one could not and did not . I sent the cheating bitch packing. I do not and will not share .So call me an ass . I really don't care.

pleasureseeker5pleasureseeker5about 12 years ago
Interesting how some are reacting to this

There are so many stories on this site where men cheat, mistreat women, abuse and degrade them, and the comments are often about how "hot" the story is. This one has a wife cheating (and a husband who did the same thing in the past), and some readers are ready to string her up and call the husband a cuckhold for trying to salvage the family.

From what I've seen and experienced, most women don't cheat unless they are unhappy and aren't getting their needs met. (No, I'm not trying to blame their husbands--there could be many reasons for the unhappiness.) The fortune teller was a hokey way to do it, but at least the husband found a way to fix things. People are such imperfect creatures and we make mistakes all the time--where would we be without the ability to forgive each other? It's the only way we can heal and move forward.

jimh67jimh67about 12 years ago

Here's what would have happened at that at a typical weekend retreat for married couples put on by a church. An enormous amount of time would have be taken up emphasizing how important honest communication is. The presenters would teach techniques on how to how to bring up tough issues and have meaningful discussions without ending up screaming at each other. The couples would be told how important important it is to directly confront major disruptive issues in the marriage and how the couple should not, uh, keep secrets from each other. In all likelihood, the guilt and the pressure of the setting plus the availability of someone to counsel them as they worked through it would have led to a mutual confession before the husband go his ass licked.

That little quibble that aside, I realize that a great many couples avoid confronting major issues, but reading about a couple skirting around the edges of a problem and not actually dealing with it was unsatisfying.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
What gushing fountains to a thirsty man, some of the nail on the head comments on LW today.

They really show up the x_inanity_x of some of the trolls on here.

Chillywilly's continuous contributions to Literotica get him a five from me.

x_JohnDoe_xx_JohnDoe_xabout 12 years ago
Hmmm

Good story and well written, would I have let this couple stay together? well in my view the scores are tied and the game carries on, and they both know they messed up and they learned from it.

Thanks for the story.

(BTW Why did the last commentator write with x's in front of the word x_inanity_x, I guess there was some kind of reason or point for doing it, not sure what that point was though, oh well.)

john1946john1946about 12 years ago
Wheeeee

Now that was an excellent story. Well told and an interesting way to handle the topic. Now she'll have as much to think of as he does. Well done

jasonnhjasonnhabout 12 years ago
Not bad

I liked the work he did to get his marriage back on track. I might not agree that confrontation is to be avoided. They go to a workshop to learn how to talk to each other. Well, openly sharing feelings is a form of confrontation. It doesn't always make the other person feel good but it's honest. His way of dealing with their problems was sweeping the dirt under the rug. I don't have a major problem with the reconciliation. They both realized they had work to do and did it. They reconnected. Personally, I cannot sustain a relationship with a dishonest person so I would have a problem. However, characters in a story are not bound by my values.

I do have big problem with the moral equivalence of their actions. They both had sex. However, his hookup was an spontaneous action and after it was over he recognized his mistake and rededicated himself to his marriage. Her action is a building long term affair. She starts out lying about her "Girl's nights out" which he encouraged for her benefit. So she turns his loving action into a weapon against him. She's building a growing relationship with this guy using more and more lies and showing more disrespect to her husband. She is running away from her marriage and her family. That is FAR more serious than a weekend fling. He recognized his mistake on his own and didn't repeat it. She continued to build her illicit relationship. It hubby hadn't rigged the fortune teller, would she have stopped on her own?

In his case, I agree with him, telling her would probably serve little purpose. Why? Because his fling doesn't seem to have been about her. He fell into a situation with a willing woman and took advantage of it. In essence he disconnected from his marriage, did what he did, then realized the impact and that it was bad. She on the other hand cannot disconnect from her marriage because she is making a focused effort to work around it. She is made a clear, continuing selfish choice that her fun time was more important than her marriage or her family.

It's the difference of finding and keeping $2000 someone dropped on the street vs. planning and carrying out a convenience store robbery.

chytownchytownabout 12 years ago
What A Great Story!!!

Thanks for sharing I enjoyed it very much.

njlaurennjlaurenabout 12 years ago
intereresting tale

I liked that this was different and that the husband found a unique way to end it without confrontation.Normally the wife would dismiss the fortuneteller but the author is correct,guilt can make people hear things to make them upset with even innocent remarks let alone hearing as hubby set up things directly mirroring what they did.You see it in stories and real life, someone says something to the guilty party innocently and they snap. I don't disagree the hubbies and the wifes incidents are different,she was engaging in something becoming long term,one that wasn't a one off and was moving her out of the relationship.Fuck buddies don't write I love to hear you sing and if he is saying that she must be emtionally getting involved...and she was getting lost so shock therapy was the way to go.A bitch or slut wife would laugh at the fortuneteller,not say whoa what am I doing.He gave her the space to realize what she was doing and stop instead of being confronted then having to apologize and promise to not do it again and leave hubby wondering if it is real;whereas in this case he saw how upset she was not knowing he knew which tells him she really didn't want to lose him.

Vulcan_in_OhioVulcan_in_Ohioabout 12 years ago
Enjoyed this one

Normally I'm hard on the cheating wives but this story was pretty original and made sense, philosophically at least. The old cliche, "Am I better off with her or without her?" comes to mind. I realize her cheat was more extensive than his, and I agree with Jasonnh that they were not equivalent -- she was actually developing an emotional tie to her lover that really did threaten her marriage. The writing was very good. No obvious technical errors, anyway. I give it 5 stars. Thanks for writing.

nakdsubnakdsubabout 12 years ago
Yeah, I agree with most...

It was a great story. I'm not sure I could have done what he did, but he is more clever than me.

BTTapBTTapabout 12 years ago
Very nice

and clever. A different type of cheating wife tale. Original. Well written, and nicely paced short story.

I liked the device for resolution of the problem. Not sure I could do it, but hubby took an approach towards protecting and preserving his marriage that made sense to him. By the terms of the story, it worked. Would it work in real life? Who knows?

I've never believed in "once a cheater, always a cheater." People can fuck up. The repeated nature of the affair was troubling, as opposed to hubby's slip. But, sometimes people get lost, and then are found. Here, a shock to the system was just the thing to jar her into reality.

Interestingly, the wife seemed to be experiencing some regret, embarrassment, and guilt over her cheating, especially as she had a few "close calls" (getting caught in a lie, having her daughter's call her during a tryst, etc.). Perhaps it would have fizzled out on its own. But, hubby wasn't going to risk that. Sounds like he had a plan, and it worked. He was willing to live with the knowledge, and have wife live with her own. Also sounds like he kept her on a proper rein, and was perceptive enough to realize that things were not right. Those practices are, imho, healthy in a marriage.

I thought the hubby character was very interesting. Great concept, CW, and well executed.

bruce22bruce22about 12 years ago
Fine writing and plotting

It even sounds like a real life adventure to me. Obviously I would never have

thought of the soothsayer as a way to a smooth path, but I have the suspicion that over human history perhaps they have been very efficient in pulling people back from the brink. Excellent work.

DunaDunaabout 12 years ago
Mutuality, Mutuality and MUTUALITY.........

First this was a good beleivable reconcilation story. The mutuality of the extramarital affairs makes the story be truly beliavable, because the betrayel is in one side connection only. Somebody builts emotional fund in a marriage and the other turn off everything, and here both did mistakes. However I can imagine similar situation to wait for the children can start her education and after this he can start the divorce. For me that solution does not make a husband be whimp. When I read this story I think of similarities with OHIO "Visiting Richard Gronier", but this unwilling husband turn back the flow of the marital crisis at his wife with an excellent trick and he could do it with straight face because he had similar sin. So HE IS NOT WIMP. A revenge is not a good thing from an other cheater, a revenge story good only one sided betrayal.

BTW 5 stars

DunaDunaabout 12 years ago
sewage treatment wants engineering.....

I mistake was in the story. A sewage treatmant wants engineering degree from college/university and I do not think a sewage/fresh water treatment engineer is wrong in math, natural science, but it does not matter......

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Editing

Could use some editing as there were several errors. Example, using "Alice" for "Ann" a couple of times. Enjoyable otherwise.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Creative

Just when I think there are no new plot twists in the cheating wives genre, this one shows up. Well done (and I can see this as a realistic solution).

Scorpio44Scorpio44about 12 years ago
A logical thinking man...

finds a solution to a sticky problem.

Not many men are willing to be so forgiving and loving.

I liked the story... Keep writing.

DunaDunaabout 12 years ago
Relative faithfulness

The relative faithfulness can hold alive a marriage because it is a short time event the guilty could help to forgive to other spouse as in this story. I think the ideal the absolute faithful spouses and this is the best for the children well being, but we have to look at the extramarital statistic figures (wives 55% husbands 65%) and the relative faithfulness may be working thing sometime. Some people in their second/third marriage became decent spoues, but some people will be never able to became decent spouses (perhaps after 55-60 years old time).

roomfor1moreroomfor1moreabout 12 years ago
Dry and boring

The title and the tag line got my attention to read the story. However, after the few paragraphs it lost me. The writing lacked any creativity and was quite plain. A bit more thought and a bit more editing this would have been an outstanding story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
cuck cuck cuck

get some balls and not from the guy that is doing your wife you fool. any cick can stay married he just has to stay a silent cuck.

DunaDunaabout 12 years ago
Instead of a wife is a property there IS the mutuality

@ Dear Anon After almost 100 years gender equity you should give the wife as a property POV up. Instead of this POV you should choose the mutuality POV. From the mutuality POV the cheating will be similar betrayal as earlier if the other spouse is faithful. The different is the cheating is same thing for both spouses, because it will refer to the husbands as well, against earlier Centuries when husbands were other women (for example prostitutes) and the society was friendly with this. The mutuality is that POV from where you can decide on a human connection and the mutuality much better as the moral because many people (for example many commenters here) refuse the moral. The mutuality is not moral only LOGIC and the moral haters have to struggle hard for refuse it. Here in this story the mutuality was that point which helped to survive this marriage, because the husband got a POV from where he knew about himself he is not WIMP TO FORGIVE.............I am a revenge story fan and the mutuality is that POV which made me become a revenge story fan, however I am Romantic Revenge and Modern Figaro Type Revenge stories supporter, because I think to go prison for a slut/whore/bitch wife is a stupid decide. I like the beleivable reconcilation stories as well.

DunaDunaabout 12 years ago
Apology

I am sorry, my sentence is better: .....against earlier Centuries when husbands were WITH other women (for example prostitutes) and the society was friendly with this.

DuNA

RePhilRePhilabout 12 years ago
Something's are just worth saving

Can't think of anything more important than the love of your life

ohioohioabout 12 years ago
Nicely done.

The question to ask is, ok she cheated on me. So now what do I want? I am the one who gets to choose what happens next.

He made a choice that many readers disagree with--fine. But it's consistent with him, his values, his own experience of infidelity. Works for me.

Thanks, ohio

cantbuymycantbuymyabout 12 years ago
they in fact lost it

he ended it for her she did not do it herself. she will do it again just as soon as she thinks that what she is looking at is better than what is behind her. cheat once you will do it again, but this time she will bemore careful.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Was here name Ann or Alice?

I only ask as you changed her name a couple of times also your English is appalling and you really need someone to proof read your stories at least once. I didn't mind the story itself and I don't think I have a problem with either him staying with her or what he did to stop her affair. As for whether she would cheat again I doubt it from what you wrote she quite possibly shit herself so I doubt she would have risked that future coming true for a few afternoons of extramarital sex.

Overall pretty good story but the poor English and the mistakes detracted from what was going on.

ParPlus10ParPlus10about 12 years ago
Hypocrites

I noticed that two of the people commenting say that the wife is contaminated or will screw around again. But they conveniently ignore the fact that the husband cheated and cheated first. Talk about an inability to think objectively.

Ohio got it right. For him to do anything but forgive her would have been inconsistent based on his history. It doesn't matter to if you screw them once or more than once. Cheating is cheating.

The story was well written and very realistic. I can't say that I particularly enjoyed it though. I just have a difficult time with cheaters and am not very forgiving on either side.

VickieTernVickieTernabout 12 years ago
Clever enough

though I'd have appreciated a scheme that made her out to be less credulous, less superstitious. Scarcely worthy of him! I'm with you on the issue of preserving an otherwise satisfying marriage, though. It's remarkable how many people here rant about fantasy vengeance as if that settled anything and destroyed nothing worth preserving.. Maybe they prefer fictions as wishful fairy tales, RL being far more problematic. Like you, I prefer to count costs.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Very well written

No way I screw a woman w/o protection if I suspect she is fucking around though, not even if we'd been married 75 years. No way. Excellent work with dialogue and characters, 5 well earned stars.

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveabout 12 years ago
Excellent

Fair is fair.

He cheated, she cheated.

The psychic was there at the right place at the right time.

Cheating done. Life goes on.

I'd like to say love conquers all but in this situation it was a matter of fear of being caught and fear of the future and the past. Both had secrets.

I guess only the kids really won out. The parents led their lives having secrets which tore them apart.

OH WELL

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Traitor

the fat cock lustily smoked, the cornhole buggered, betrayed!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
I liked it..

except that part about him fucking the sailor's wife. About that time I was sailing solo around the world and had left my wife in upstate NY. What a way to find out my wife fucked a guy who ran a shit factory! Of course I had some pussy in every port--that is what sailors do--but the wife is supposed to keep her legs closed. WTF do I do now? I feel like I'm in this fucking story..

tom anon

Just kidding: 5*****

tazz317tazz317almost 12 years ago
#2 WHEN CHOOSING TO EXPOSE CHEATERS

one must look to others dilemnas as well, TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago

Didn`t like it.

DawnJDawnJover 11 years ago
Happy endings...

...are possible, even when bad things happen! Thank you for that! :) A real feel-good story!

newjaynenewjayneover 11 years ago
A good story

okay, it might be stretching it a bit that they each lived with their guilty secret for so long afterwards, but I suppose it is possible. Still, the bit about the fortune teller was a bit much! I'll admit to reading my horoscope from time to time - I've even had cards read and all that nonsense - but its all just a bit of fun. Therefore, not quite the slice of realism that you normally give us - but a good yarn.

LickideesplitLickideesplitover 11 years ago
Wonderful story

Granted, a little editing in order...get names right; three homophones...idol, idle, idyll... Homophones get by spellcheckers (and sometimes grammar-checkers), it helps to know something.

Interesting comments...a) (zed0) cheating poontang becomes eternally contaminated. Cheating dicks get clean next shower! b) fortune tellers are charlatans (agreed) - BUT, total stranger with no (known) contact with anyone you know gets three specific and unusual facts right! It should make you VERY nervous! c) related - How the fuck can the Bull know that Hubby tricked Sweetie into shutting everything down abruptly? Certainly Sweetie did NOT tell the Bull that a fortune-teller predicted a dire future so she was derailing his bare-pussy train!

Well-designed tale! Hero has good analytic skills! Agree that in the near future, probably during couple-therapy, both 'affairs' need to be brought out and resolved! Too many ways one or both will bite them in their mutual butt. IMHO, he is NOT a wimp...he detects a problem (late, I do believe!) and fixes it without any further damage. I do believe he was too frontal about her cover-up...Hubby could have pursued her (false) girls'-night-out screwing with her interaction with her kids, and told Sweetie it sounded more like her priorities had shifted WAY away from her family! I agree with busting her about her lie vis-a-vis her GF being with her!

Very effective morality tale!

5*

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
I don't know . . .

. . . but I think this guy may be wise beyond what I am. I think I'd have blown it up, and lost. He held it together, and lost less. No ideal solutions here. Well done, cw. Having a proofreader would help.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Confession is guilt transference

Excellent story highlighting one very important point; confession is nothing more then the transference of pain from the offending party to the offended. His dalliance gave him the room to forgive her her's. Benefit is his clever way of ending things also basically insured she never had another one.

Now this fucked up 'bull' crap in the comments makes no sense here. So the husband was the 'bull' in one relationship and then somehow was no longer the 'bull' when some other guy came in and took advantage of his wife's own weakness? Cuck logic just doesn't make any sense to me at all.

shuttlepilotshuttlepilotabout 11 years ago
How different

would the ending have been if he had not cheated first? There's a big difference between what he did and her repeated infidelity. I would have no love for her and just stayed until the girls were older.

Rogn123Rogn123about 11 years ago
great story

Very realistic and well written dont worry about any burn the bitch comments what you wrote is real life

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333about 11 years ago
Loved it

Can't argue with the outcome given that both partners cheated. Very creative and well written.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Good one!

Although I don't mind stories that cheaters get what they deserve and more, it's always fun to read a clever story with a clever husband who realizes no one is perfect and that he would , indeed, be better off with her than without her. Fortune Tellers can be a scary lot, whether you believe in them or not! Stay away from the Tarot Cards!

phil2213phil2213about 11 years ago
good story

In the real world of non high achievers, we have to deal with things within our means. The wife was seriously wrong in cheating. She was further wrong with her arrogant attitude and inept excuses. There are plausibility concerns surrounding a fortune teller having the ability to sway a smug person set on a course of debauchery. However, the plot and scenario seemed real especially for the characters as the author developed. It was good but lacked something.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Great story 5*

Good window into his thinking.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Gee, a cuck story with a tortured plot

The worst stories aren't true cuck stories, they are these ones that fake being "meaningful" but are full of silly, unrealistic drama and are highlighted buy the stuffed shirt husband keeping his slut wife. The are just bizarre.

green1943green1943about 10 years ago
Good Plot

Ingenious twist, the reader is left to decide if the gypsy really did have the Gift or not. I enjoy all your stories please keep writing.

Thanks

Tim413Tim413almost 10 years ago
Well done!

I'll say it again - I HATE girls night out!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Both bad but...

He at least saw what he had done and stopped it when he saw what he risked. She knew he was suspicious and still went ahead. She didn't care enough to stop even after seeing she was destroying his trust.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Clearly ...

...your best work, Chilley! His sacrifice (and his correctly perceived imperfection--let he without sin cast the first stone), saved his family a lot of anguish. Could I have done what he did? I hope I never have to find out! Keep writing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
yep Girls night out...

or Guys night out...weekly nights out, more times than not good times become bad times for the family unit...

TavadelphinTavadelphinover 9 years ago
Yep working to spend time apart will work -

Only too well if you do not watch very closely -

He was as guilty as she so he had no moral high ground to work from - so he took an alternate route that worked for them - OK then.

Well thought out and executed -

Thank you for sharing your work with us -

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
i never understood

why some men prefer a hairy bush over a shaved or bald pussy

Tw0Cr0wsTw0Cr0wsabout 9 years ago
@Anonymous 04/01/15

Not completely shaved would be my preference.

Pubic hair is a physical sign of sexual maturity.

Wanting there to be no hair at all seems a bit pedo-ish.

But at the same time if she wants me to give her oral sex, then she needs to keep her hair out of my mouth.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago

"Pubic hair is a physical sign of sexual maturity."

So is armpit hair. That doesn't make it any more visually attractive. If the only way you can tell that your woman is sexually mature is by her bush, I don't know what to tell you.

LVGirlLVGirlabout 9 years ago
Excellent

This strikes me as real life. No one is perfect; no marriage is perfect. All we can do is what we can do - and the people in this story did, working their ways around their flaws and failings

Well done!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
What I would have done.....

get rid of Ann and keep Alice. tom anon

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333almost 9 years ago

Like the twist of having the fortune teller actually for seeing the future.

paulroverpaulroverover 8 years ago
Great story

Story telling and imagination, two sides of the same coin.

You are a wealthy individual. thanks for sharing.

tazz317tazz317over 8 years ago
DYSFUNCTION RUNS RAMPANT

a bummer it runs both ways unknown. TK U MLJ LV NV

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333over 8 years ago
Second time through...

Thanks for the offering.

christmas_apechristmas_apeover 7 years ago
she was right.

my fortune teller said i would like this one.

after i paid her fifty bucks.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Divorce should always be a last resort...

I don't believe divorce is the answer for every affair. I know several couples where one of the spouses had an affair and would give just about anything to get a "do-over". Two couples divorced, both had children and both are still suffering - as are their children. The other couple stayed together, fighting through the anger, the tears, cold-shoulders, and so, so, much regret. They have two kids, boy and girl, and managed to keep the fighting, accusations, and recriminations out of sight - although I'm pretty sure it's impossible to completely hide the fact that Mom and Dad are having problems - kids know when things aren't right.

They truly loved each other though and they stuck with it. Things got better. Now they're still together, still love each other, the children grown and living their own lives. The husband told me on New Year's Eve last year that he's so glad they made it, he just couldn't imagine a Christmas without the wife and kids, sharing the same house and all loving one another. It's the journey we would have missed, all those good memories we made as a family would never have happened.

Good story. Saw the fortune teller thing coming, but was surprised with the twist about her actually seeing into the future - that was excellent. Thanks!

chilleywilleychilleywilleyover 7 years agoAuthor
Kind words

You missed it. He bribed the fortune teller with cash, and told her what was going on. Someone else commented that modern people don't believe in fortune tellers, but the wife was gobsmacked when it was scary close to the truth, plus she was likely feeling very guilty, she was shocked, and no other plausible answer would fit... but it's so true it must be!

Chilley

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
two different

True both cheated. Husband's one weekend while away. Wive's much longer planned out lied to husband left fmily to be with lover

Your ending does not bother me

HER PLANNED INSIDIOUS BETRAYAL AND CONTEMPT OF HUSBAND AND CHILDREN DOES!!

silentsoundsilentsoundover 7 years ago
Well written

But I fucking hate secrets about fucking around in marriage.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Sad

I can never understand how any husband could live with the images that would be in his head of his wife with another man. Every time he got close to her, these would surely pop up and destroy the moment? To live with the knowledge of her infidelity without telling her would be beyond me. And yes, I am not ignoring his cheating.

chilleywilleychilleywilleyover 7 years agoAuthor
Superstition

I did not intend the wife to be superstitious. However, primed by the husband, the fortune teller was able to include enough detail of her affair so the wife, against all reason, would have no logical choice but to accept the fortune teller somehow knew the past! And knowing she could see the past, it was logical to accept that she could also see the future.

Chilley

LordSlamdawggLordSlamdawggover 7 years ago
My Personal Blind Spot in Loving Wives Tales

First I want to say as a long-time, wannabe author , I would be estatic if I had a resume of stories half as accomplished as Chilley's. It's HARD to pick out just three favorites but I'll go with My Wife the Doctor, Walk the Dog ... and tie The Secrets ... and ' The Courtship Road . That being said this one always rubbed me the wrong way and Chilley has repeated that irritation in a couple stories.

I root for reconciliation, especially with kids in martial mix. But not as much in this case ...the husband caught his wife in a lie and first she's indignant that he dared interrupt her in mid-tryst, then she tries to alternately bluster, evade and obfuscate her way out of said lie and admitting the adultery and the husband mercifully doesn't confront her with damming emails and then she plans to keep cheating until fortune teller ploy.

When an individual has this much of an integrity deficit - there's no real marriage. People make mistakes , people cheat, that's the human condition. My experience in life is when they don't acknowledge and atone when caught dead to rights in deception , try to gaslight with cheap psychological ploys that the chances of a happy ending are nill. I saw fortune teller scene as superstitious hokum.

I know the husband had a one-off affair. He wasn't pure and this lent a measure of constraint to his actions. The difference between the two is is that he likely would have tried to bluster his way out of a wrong if his wife had the goods on him.

It's about respect and trust -as for people who try to " put one over " on their spouse and won't acknowledge or ignore error when confronted with evidence by partner attesting to mistake. That's contemptuous akin to store employee who steals from till, gets a ' come to Jesus talk ' about embezzlement and then filches cash again.You just can't be fully married to a person.with those kind of values.

Suffice to say I've run into those kind of people. To me , they are toxic and to be avoided . The fictional kids make things complex. Maybe this husband stays till youngest is trundled off to college. The narrator is a sharp cookie for the most part in terms of following the clues. Maybe he figures he can read her if carnal redivcism occours. It's a personal choice and also a chance I wouldn't take.

Chilley isn't wedded to either RAAC or BTB outcomes. I nearly always enjoy his process. Perhaps I'm biased due to my life experience but this outcome and a few others by him will never sit well with me . Oh well. If everyone thinks alike , then no one's thinking goes a maxim. The onus is on me to create a story to match the median quality that matches Chilley's. That won't be easy.

LordSlamdawggLordSlamdawggover 7 years ago
Correction

Oops. I meant to list " The Symmetry of Sin " as one of my top three chilleywilley favs instead of this one " The Secrets We Keep from Each Other ". My bad. The alliteration in titles quite undid me.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
A story of two cheaters, who really cares 2*

I hate it when both parties are cheaters. Just a lazy excuse for an unrealistic reconciliation or cuckold acceptance of cheating.

fisheronefisheronealmost 7 years ago
Seams of marriage strained

It has been my observation and experience from friends and relatives that visiting pubs and bars regularly without spouse leads to problems. The problems may have already been riding under the surface but adding alcohol without your partner there just removes one layer of protection. The husband solution was unusual but effective. He still loved the wife and eventually had a stronger marriage with them getting involved with church and family together.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
1*

illiterate cuck shit.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago

The author was right in his assessment of his story at the very beginning. It really did suck.

ErotFanErotFanabout 6 years ago
Very clever

A delightful story; as so many of yours are.

But somewhere down the road, what with all the religious retreat and psychobabble induced aids to communication, they are going to have to spill their respective beans and clear up their secrets. That would make an interesting sequel! (Hint)

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Like it

I like your stories, they are focussed on the good things

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
To Be or,Not To Be? (Married)

Interesting story. In his belief that remaining married despite the infidelity ,on both sides, hubby weighed several issues ,including the kids in making his decision. It seems when all was said and done,he'd really asked himself if he'd be better off with her than without her. ~ ( One thing he would not allow once he found out was to be cuckolded anymore. The fortune-teller was a fun,nifty little device used by the writer. (Even though I personally think the fortune teller/soothsayer stuff is a load of crapola,it certainly wored on the wife.

Ib_SaysIb_Saysalmost 6 years ago

Fun tale, but Way too much new age self help BS at the end. And the fortune teller not just playing a trick was outright stupid, added nothing but annoyance for those that don't believe in mumbo jumbo.

It seems like a lot of those self help things value honesty etc. meaning that it would just be a matter of time before the wife confessed if she actually internalised any of what they learned.

Pretty risky of the husband if it was his choice.

dark2donut2dark2donut2over 5 years ago
Yet another wimp husband story

This stuff is utterly idiotic. No male, no man thinks like that over and over and over and over when it is so cut and dry. You have a clear evidence of a fucking affair ... the marriage will explode momentarily, not going into BS mode.

Where do you live? On literotica I imagine with all these wimps thinking they are writing a great prose when they are making moronic plots with excessive contemplating drivel. I guess Dostoyevsky could write such a thing if he were to live today but I imagine it would be a heck of a lot better than this piece of crap masquerading as a story. 1 star for crap.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous