All Comments on 'Gabriella Ch. 09'

by soular

Sort by:
  • 190 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Hmmm well that was soemthing...

I don't mean to be offensive in what I say at all hopefully you take it For the intended constructive criticism it's meant to be. Considering it was over a year wait for that large amount of time the chapter was a bit of a let down. I didn't like the whole bit with Terrence it just sounded like self inflcted rape on her part and after actually being raped her behaviour wasn't that of a rape victim I feel like. Then the whole bit of her just having sex with Nolan right away at school so rough was a little unsettling. You haven't shown any growth with Ella as a character and considering there's only two chapters left and everything that's happened to her and around her there should be some change in her behaviour. She's stuck on repet with her actions and mistake. But maybe you are planning the turning point soon I sure hope you are. I mean after everything she went through with Simon and her letting off her speech about not wanting to be treated like second place and be put first that whole thing with Terrence wasn't cohesive with that notion of I'm putting myself first. The relationship with Nolan this time around is a little off too. It seems more centered around sex rather than feelings compared to the last time around. Again Ella's character needs to come off the whole use sex to solve everything trick and the whole getting drunk again although it lead to my rape last time. No growth there Again. But regardless of all that there's more chapters to go it's not the end yet and knowing you and your awesome talent I'm sure there are going to be some amazing things to come. I really do hope the next chapter is out faster and you can engage us once again with the magic of your words wishing you the best of luck and impatiently waiting to see how this knotted tale unravels

-<3mk

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Loved!!!

I loved this chapter and disagree with the person below. I think Ella has shown growth for someone so hurt. She hasn't contacted Simon, she talked to her mother. Really talked to her. She apologized to Nolan and she is trying to make it work with him (although I don't think it will because she has feelings for Simon) and she got a job. And she even refrained from bitch-slapping Nolan's momma! And although I was disappointed she went slept with Terrence, it only added to the story and how alone and sad she feels. But overall, she's shown incredible growth and she can't do a 180 right now or else it would be the end of the story. I think the author is building up to that so I for one can't wait for chapter 10!! Please don't make us wait long!! But I do agree with the original poster about soular being a brilliant writer.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago

As I read your story, I feel like I'm watching this person who's so conflicted and scared and just wanting. I'll be honest I avoided this story for a full year before I decided to read it, mostly because I couldn't wrap my brain aroung the stepdaughter/stepfather relationship. It's completely taboo and I found myself wondering where the connection I would feel for the main character would come in. But as this story has progressed I feel like out of all of your characters she is the one I identify with the most, she is the most realistic. She has a sort of haunting hollowness that you transfer so well onto paper. I keep reading and waiting for her loneliness to fade, and I can only hope for a happy ending for her. As always you created perfection with this chapter, so hats off to you Ms. Soular. I'm ready for that next chapter, and whether it gets uploaded another year from now or next week I'll be waiting for it.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
I agree. Ella regressed

Ella's emotional growth spurt, we were made to believe, came when she told Simon that she now knows how she is to be treated because Nolan taught her that, so the whole Terrence thing sounded like the author, Soular, was punishing Ella (not like Ella was punishing herself). And I feel the whole screw Nolan in the break room and move in right after was weak plotting.

Simon seems like he is burying his feelings but it also translates to me like he's done and is moving on.

It is obviously good writing and is still an egaging story but something is lost. Maybe you took too long and changed your mind about what you really wanted to write too often but It almost felt like a different story.And the whole avoidance game...the one where you refuse to just dive into the conflict and really let the characters deal with their issues so they can get where they need to be...that's what's holding this back.

Who are you scared to disappoint? Us? Write the story you were always going to write and stop letting readers responses sway you.

MzMagicBeautyMzMagicBeautyabout 12 years ago
Love The Story !!

I cant stand the mother she is so blind or she is just in denial about her husband. You cant be that blind to the interaction that your husband and daughter have is not normal. I would have figured something was going on even if neither of them had said anything. I want her to get a freaking clue and help repair her relationship with her daughter and they need to get Simon out of their lives for good.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
disappointed

For a chapter that took forever to come out, it was extremely disappointing... or may be it was because of the length of time it took to come out?... I guess I was expecting to be blown away with how long it took.. and I really wanted to be but sadly it didn't happen.... I don't see how anything in this could have had you so conflicted where you had to rewrite entire chunks of it... I see a lot of words with the story not going anywhere at all... I agree with previous comments that Ella isn't behaving like anyone in her position might.. In one chapter she seems like she's starting to respect herself a bit and then she goes back to square one.... Its frustrating really... Also, write the story as you want it to be.. not how you think we want it to be... your ideas for your stories are the best because you know the characters better than anyone.. Yes I'll wait however long it takes for the chapters to come out but I'm not getting the same kind of pleasure that I got from reading your other stories... Like others I hope you can turn this around in 2 chapters or so that you plan on writing... Get yourself back on track soular coz you're one hell of a writer!

Love4wordsLove4wordsabout 12 years ago
Lol. Everybody has long comments

I personally like that he has shifted somewhat more to Patricia. AlthoughI believe he needs to be out of both of the girls life, if he were to stay he should be with Patrica. Ella just rubbs me the wrong way. She completly disrespected her mother , and for a dumb reason at that. Most people might dissageee with me but what Ella went through was nothing, i have grown up with a bad enviornment and this isn't one. On the other hand I can't believe Patrica still hasn't found out yet, just like the other commented said, there's too much of a strange interaction between her daughter and husband. Plus there's so many little clues. Anway caoi, you're a great author btw

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
kinda whack.

I waited a year for this??? Really?? Well it was well written and well edited, but Ella is still whack. No growth. No learning from mistakes. Patricia is weak and I hope that little speech she gave Ella wasn't supposed to be deep and meaningful?!?! After years of neglect, that little speech meant less than shit. Simon is 2 steps away from pedophilia. There is nobody in the story to hope for. No one worth even caring to see how their life turns out. I am done. You've lost a fan. Peace.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Well....

This was a hard read. After your last chapter, I was hoping for more growth in all the character. Ella finally realized she didn't want to keep making the same mistakes and let Simon go, Simon actually let her after admitting his true feelings, and Patricia was finally starting to get a clue. But now I feel as though I just read the same chapter two chapters ago. The stuff with Terrence really didn't make sense for me because it goes against eveything Ella preached about in the last chapter, not to mention the stuff with Nolan at the bar. Same stuff, different day. Patricia really needs to find out about Ella and Simon, because all this progress her and Simon isn't going to make a difference once she finds out the truth. I really want to stick with this like I did your other two amazing stories, but this one is really making it hard. I hope you find your groove and finish it, best if luck to you!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Turmoil

First off I love your writing. Please update soon with the next chapters. We can't wait another year + for an update. How come Patricia is still in denial and weak? For her being a single mother for many years, I don't see how she wasn't able to get back on her hustle and stand on her own. She earns no points for rekindling her relationship with Simon first. As bad as Simon is, he at least got Ella out of a bad neighborhood for her safety. What is really going on with Gabriella and Terrence? I just shook my head in disbelief everytime he showed up. I loved the Nolan parts though, but wished he would have waited to take her home before cheapily taking her in the classroom. Much needed closure. This story to me is like a tragedy, pain and sorrow abounds.

merryweathermerryweatherabout 12 years ago
Nerve racking suspense

Soular.. are u waiting for the shit to hit the fan in the last chapter? Lord i am so anxious for the whole sordid affair to burst out. Still, i love how you are building up the tension letting them all settle into some normalcy, then BANG! All hell break loose. Poor old Nolan, the shit is gonna mess him up. Pat knows..but old girl needs proof to believe...

Please let chap 10 out da bag soon

avrgblkgrlavrgblkgrlabout 12 years ago
Wow...(and I mean that in a good way)

I don't know what was more interesting, the actual chapter or everyone's reaction to it. Quite frankly, I was surprised to see the new post. I was happy and wanted it, but surprised. The story is wonderfully complex and you are a gifted writer. I bow down to you. It is a painful tale to tell and it evokes a serious emotional response. That's art. I seriously thought you had walked away from it. I'm glad to see you haven't.

As for me (as if any of our opinions matter), I hurt for Ella and then I get so angry at her. I think Simon could make either one of them happy, but he doesn't deserve to be happy. Still, I don't hate him. Walking away from either one would leave the other devastated. He seems more who he truly is and alive with Ella though. A part of me wants her to end up happy because of the simple impossibility of it. I think that Ella and Patricia are two polar opposite sides to the same coin. And, the truly award winning character is Stephen. In a sea of flawed people he is more than aware of his own, admits them and handles them like a man. The story makes me hopeful and angry. It also causes me to question the concept of "right". No one in this tale is innocent enough to deserve to win. How brilliantly realistic! Well, there is Nolan and he could be considered innocent--maybe. For him, getting or losing Ella is a win/lose situation. Still, no one is purposefully awful enough to be totally devastated. In the mean time, it only looks like Ella is suffering. The depth of her pain brings me to tears. It isn't a pain that can easily be written away. I for one am glad you didn't try to.

Bottom line, I'm going to patiently wait for your next chapter because as a fellow writer I know that you are probably beating your head against a wall. I can't wait to see what you are going to do next, how you do it and how long it takes. My heart goes out to you and I know you will do well. Why? Because girl you have a hell of a story here. You better!!

Everyone stop giving her such a hard time. If you want feel good clichéd drama, reread "Twilight".

~AvrgBlkGrl

aparadiseaparadiseabout 12 years ago
Love it!

I thought it would be hard to relate to the characters again after so long but I'm still tied emotionally to everyone. Thanks for the amazing chapter and can't wait for chapter 10 :)

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
A bit disappointed...

Let me say first off - I love your writing and the energy of your characters as their story comes alive. They just lift off the page reminding us of situations in our own lives or those nearest to us. But I must admit after Damn Dress and Seven Days, these characters are confusing the hell out of me. They seem to be in some crazy spiral dance that is never ending with neither of one of them finally breaking free. I kept holding my breathe for something to happen (like Simon finally coming clean, to himself at least) but nothing happens. We didn't even get one of your famous cliffhangers.

Patricia is still as spineless and fainthearted as ever. How pathetic! She chose her husband over her daughter, while she is haunted by images of them being together. I know she is a fictional character but I actually kept plotting her demise. Gabriella is still there spinning out of control and making one terrible mistake after the next. That decision to move in with Nolan is another example that she is not learning from her experience. And don't even get me started on Simon who I am now convinced is a weak man who hides behind his wife while he loves her daughter. I am almost tempted to say, "Shit or get off the potty Simon."

Now there is Nolan who now is sucked into their madness and turning out to be something like Patricia - a sweet but pathetic character who ashame of his girlfriend and cant stand up to his parents. Something has to give real soon... I know you have a grand climax for this story that would help these characters redeem themselves, and I will keep looking out for it.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Welp

I am very disappointed in this chapter. After waiting over a year for it I am completely let down. It didn't leave me wanting more. I just don't care. I don't care what happens to any of the characters. Everything and everyone is so wishy washy and confusing. No, it isn't that they are unpredictable...it's that they are stupid. Gosh. Complete let down.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
hummm...okay

I love your writing. But after the long wait, I agree with the other comments....so what. It was like just re-reading previous chapters. All the characters are suck doing the same thing. It will be interesting (hopefully) to see how this story ends.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
:)

I absolutely love your stories! I Can't Wait for the rest, Please keep Nolan and Ella Together. This Was Awesome, You are very talented! <3

luv_romanceluv_romanceabout 12 years ago
the wait is over!!!

I am so glad to read the full story. you did not disappoint. :) yey!!!

my heart still goes out to Ella. I hope she is happy now. but the love Ella and Simon has is deep. Even if they are not together all they think are each other. As if there is something missing. For a moment i was rooting for Nolan, but how can he be so afraid of his parents? If Nolan can redeem Ella, I am all for it. She deserves to have a better life than what she has before. Ella has to wisen up, she is one intelligent girl right? Be strong girl. :)

I am all for Ella and whoever you choose to be with her. Soular you rock!! I can't wait to read chapter 10 and 11. Hurry up ok? :) do not mind the disappointment of others, they have a choice not to read, but they still opt to. :) you are the author, whatever you want will happen. :) continue pleaseee...

NinakissesNinakissesabout 12 years ago
Not your best

This was not your best at all. I think all of the rewriting really took its toll on the story. It's almost like a different story and different tone. Something just doesn't seen right

MadameblaqueMadameblaqueabout 12 years ago
Brilliant!!!

To me, this story gets better and better. All of the experiences certain characters face, force me to care about them. Ella continues on her path of self- destruction and her clueless mother stays in denial about what really happened between her daughter and husband. Simon really seems to have gotten away with everything and not really paying for his mistakes. Ella is a mess, but at least she's honest with herself and I respect her for it. She really is the victim here-- her mother checking out on her constantly throughout her life is a big part of Ella being the way she is. Patricia is not like able to me at all-- seeing a man put his hands on her daughter like that and going back to him? No, that's not a real mother, not to mention her other bad choices. You can't re- parent a 20-yr-old and she can't get that through her head. Patricia burned the parental bridges with Ella a long time ago, so she needs to let it go. Ella was wrong for sleeping with Simon, but her mother and Simon share the blame. Excellent story!!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
I happen to like Simon

You know, I really can’t understand why everyone continues to bash Simon. I personally don’t think he’s a bad person or deserves to be punished! Regardless of the choices he’s made, he’s still the only person strong enough to have ever reached Gabriella, regardless of the capacity. He’s in love and he’s lost and he’s trying to negotiate between what’s morally right and what’s right for him. Overall, he is trying to do the right thing but because he is so torn between his passion and love for Gabriella and his loyalty and respect for Patricia, he continues to make some poor judgments. Plus the guy deserves credit. Even in his misery and longing, he’s restraining his own desire in order to protect both Patricia and Gabriella. I really like him as a character and I hope he finds the happiness he deserves with the woman he truly loves. If this isn’t Wuthering Heights, revamped then I don’t know what is.

I’m not going to lie but I didn’t feel that there was any forward progression in this chapter at all. It was almost as if you were restating the same events and ideas that were in previous chapters. I feel like maybe you’re straddling the fence with regard to where you want this story to go, maybe trying to please both Simon/Ella lovers, Simon/Patricia lovers and those who just want them all apart. In my opinion, you want it to go a certain way but you’ve been so influenced by so many comments you’ve received it’s just difficult to decide where the story should go. That is completely expected. I’m sure I would be swayed myself if I had half as much talent and gumption as you do. Who wouldn’t? But that’s when your true, loyal, and non-judgmental fans step up and encourage you stick to your guns and continue to shock the hell out of some and dazzle the rest of us with your brilliance!

You’ve gotten a lot of backlash from the beginning from disgruntled readers with their morals stuck up their asses but you courageously went forward with the vision you had for this story, regardless of what readers had to say. Some of the best and highest regarded works of art were unconventional and avant garde and yet they are the ones that are remembered. Right your story, girl. You are highly regarded in my book and you have my support in anything you write!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago

Please don't let Ella end up back with Simon. Keep her with Nolan please please please,

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
YAY!

I am so glad to see this story back! Once again you have amazed me with another awesome chapter into these dynamic character's lives :) I can't wait for more

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
just a word or two

So thanks to pepperpace, I discovered your amazing "dress" story a few months ago. And I realized that I'dread seven days long ago. Congratulations on completing ch. 9. I know firsthand how life can get in the way of completing/working through a story. I will not b reading Gabriella. Something has kept me from all this time and now after reading the first chapter. I understand. I'm certain it is as fantastic as the others. Please please, keep at it and bring this story to a timely finish. U r one of the talented ones head and shoulders above the rest. BTW, would live to see Damned dress the movie.

Michmommy2Michmommy2about 12 years ago
Glad you're back!

This was a great chapter, nice and long! Now I'm ready for chapter 10. I like Nolan, but he needs to stand up to his family or Ella better leave his ass. Simon, I like Simon, even though he was wrong for starting up the relationship in the first place. I think he could really love Ella, but I want her to mend her relationship with her mother. So, Pat can never know what happened. But, it's your story and I'll love whatever you write. Please post chapter 10 soon.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Hurrah!!!!!

So glad you updated. I am one of the lucky readers. I discovered this story only a few months ago so I was as soul-shattered as some of the readers who had been waiting for years. You have a real talent ad as I read the exchange between Ella and Patricia at her job, I envisioned it as a movie. Definitely more powerful than any cinematographic garbage I'd seen in the last 5 years for sure. You're an amazing writer and you know how to build realistic and powerful characters with gripping scenes. So glad Nolan and Ella are back on; they are catastrophically beautiful in their own right. Please make sure Ella comes out on top for the rest of the dinner...so over seeing her fail. Update soon!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Nice Update

You are an amazing writer. I feel like I am watching a train wreck and can't help but look. Stories like this depress me, but for some strange reason I can't help but keep reading.

As for the characters, why would anyone expect Nolan to be proud to introduce the school slut to his parents?

I don't care how bad your relationship is with your mother, you don't have sex with her husband.

Patricia needs to learn to face the truth. How sad that she needs a man to make her feel validated. She KNOWS his affair was with her daughter, yet she's too weak to face the truth. She would rather have her husband than fix her relationship with her daughter, especially since he is still lying to her about who he had been having an affair with.

I can usually find some quality in the main female characters to like, but I don't like either Gabrielle or Patricia. I just can't feel sorry for them, and I can usually empathize with almost any woman.

I'm anxious to see how you will conclude this story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Glad to read chp 9

Love this story, good update, hate Patricia with a passion... ready for chapter 10....

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
OMG!!!

You're back!!!!!!!!

Rudegal74Rudegal74about 12 years ago
About F*cking Time......

And I mean that with all of the pent up frustration of waiting to hear from a long lost and very dear friend.

Thank, thank, thank you for updating this story. I sure hope that Gabriella can find peach with the choices she has made and that Simon will man-up and figure out just what the hell he wants. I just don't want Nolan or Patricia to be left hurt and distrusting of other once the s*it hits the fan.

And Seven Days is still one of the best written Interracial stories on Lit!!!

Waiting patiently.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
1 year, 8 pages &...

It was such a let down. What? Where? When? I love your writing, but this chapter read as if this could have easily been the 2-3 chapters prior. Before I felt for your characters and their delimena; now I think the whole lot of them are just stuck on stupid.

I will wait to see what else you come up with to tie things up. Thanks.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
4.19 rating? Sounds about right.

I can't believe it took you a year to write this. This was definitely not worth the wait and I am sure you can tell that people are disappointed because of the ratings this chapter has received. I do love your writing and I find it to be relatable and enjoyable to read but this chapter just doesn't do it for me. Your readers want to see confrontation and drama, but this just felt like a wasted chapter. It was full of confusion, and for lack of better word, it was pathetic for a chapter that took a year. Don't let the good comments fool ya, it's the readers that are criticizing your work that really care. Hopefully the next chapter will come out SOON and will be MUCH MUCH better than this. Good luck.

geminichild27geminichild27about 12 years ago
OMG .... A Breakthrough.

DId Ella at last stick up for her mother ? But anyway most here are saying they have been waiting a year I've been waiting 2 years for a update , but anyway I'm glad to see it up and i did enjoy reading the story.Pardon me for saying so but steve needs a story himself that mans a trip reminds me of a good friend of mine keep up the good work soular.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
A complete and utter let down for such an amazing writer.

Most of the chapter (at least 5 pages) was posted in the teaser so there wasn't much else to read. Please get ch.10 out soon, I love your writing but this was a disappointing read.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
I calls it like I see it

I sorry but some people just love to romanticized anything; I’ve read story where the characters are shady or have done shady things, but this right here is not the case. Ella is nothing more than a crack whore without the pipe, every time I get to her scene, I feel like I need a shower afterward. It’s one thing to be a slut but we’re on chapter nine and the story is supposedly to coming to an end soon and you’re still acting like a slut. I really hope this is not on some captain save a ho type ish b/c the only person who can save Ella is Ella. At the end on the day, this girl has issue and it’s going to take a whole lot more than some good dick (or love as you romantic would like to believe) from Simon to fix her. Ella is a girl with low self esteem who uses sex just like an addict would a drug to feel better; she doesn’t need Simon, she needs a therapist. I just can’t get with Ella and it’s not about being all high and mighty; other than that little speech she gave, Ella hasn’t done anything to better herself. She still has a jacked up attitude jumping from man to man and you know if Simon came back she be on her back with her legs spread in a heartbeat.

As for Simon and Patricia I see they’re doing the same old song and dance like they have been doing for the last five chapters. I will say this I think Simon goes for Ella, b/c she remind him of a younger more carefree Patricia before the divorce of the stress of life got to her.

I made it to chapter nine, b/c I wanted to see how you would work this story, but at this point I’m not rooting for any of these characters especially Ella.

Ohare1942Ohare1942about 12 years ago
Spewing Venom

Constructive criticism is one thing but these comments have gone way beyond that and are now just downright disrespectful and cruel. Soular is a very talented writer who has created a very unique and fascinating love story. As a writer, I know how difficult it is to create and maintain realistic and complex characters, dialogue, and events while still managing to capture the true essence behind the story. So it really pisses me off when a great writer who prides herself in providing readers with top quality, thought provoking material is attacked for not giving readers what they want and when they want it! What makes the situation worse is the fact that she's obviously devoted a great deal of time and effort to this story to now be met with such hostility and venom. I wouldn't blame her if she never submitted another chapter to this website again after so many disparaging comments. What I would like to know is when reading stories on this website, free of charge, might I add, became a privilege? It's not a privilege, it's an honor! If you don't like the story or where it's going then it's simple: don't read it! But for the love of all things pure, don't try and bring so much talent down. This story remains by far one of the most captivating and memorable pieces of literature I've read. Please finish your masterpiece, Soular.

flgurleygrlflgurleygrlabout 12 years ago
Thanks Soular!

Is it me, or am I the only one that HATES Patricia. She may not admit t knowing, but SHE KNOWS. For her to go back to Simon is so pathetic and makes me loathe her. Unfortunately, there are so many "Patricias" in the world.

I am glad that Ella and Nolan are back together, but am worried it won't last once he finds out that Simon and her were involved. I wish she had come clean when they first got together, because I think she needs to be completely honest with him. It will help her to get Simon out of her system and move on with her life. I think she really cares for him, she is just so messed up over Simon that she's stuck.

Simon and Patricia are doomed. They're both living a lie. Nothing good will come from this with them. I don't dislike Simon "as much", because he does love Patricia, in his own way. The problem is that he's a liar; lying to Patricia and himself about his feelings for Ella.

I'm so happy you updated. As always, love your work. Can't wait to read more. How cool that it posted on Valentine's Day. Thanks for the Valentine!

peethreepeethreeabout 12 years ago
Great!!!!

I have waited so long and you did not disappoint. You weave a wonderful story. I know that Ella and Simon will have to see each other at some point and then I am not sure what kind of sparks will fly. I wish that Ella and Nolan can work out but she has so much unfinished business with Simon I am just not sure. You always get your stories perfect, editing great etc. I would be willing to read past the mistakes to see it even sooner :-D. You're an awesome writer and I hope to hear of your work being published.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Well...

To the person below with the "Spewing Venom" comment, I don't think anyone here disagrees with the fact that Soular is a very talented writer. Clearly she is or no one would read her work. Unfortunately, whether you like it or not, Soular is writing these stories for HER READERS, not for herself. Therefore, the readers have EVERY right to let her know when they're disappointed and to let her know that ONE YEAR to get a story out is unacceptable (she agrees with that herself). This was NOT her best work or "top quality" and she needs to know where some of her readers stand. If some of the readers don't like where the story is going, it's their right to let Soular know, not just quit reading. We can't sugarcoat our feelings about a story just to make Soular happy; that won't help her at all. She dropped the ball, it's a fact.

adjoaqadjoaqabout 12 years ago
Eish!

From 2010 to 2012! Amazing!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
VENOM????

Part of being an artist, whether its singing writing, acting etc, is taking the criticism the good the bad and the ugly. It can’t all be peaches and cream and just because the story is free doesn’t make it any different; if we had paid for this story the reviews would still be the same. Reading the reviews the only thing I see people commenting on it the story itself; yes people may be bashing the characters and the plot but I don’t see anyone saying anything bad about Soular ability as a writer. Say what you want but people post these stories on LIT in order to get feedback and unfortunately this story isn’t as popular as her previous stories judging by the rating. Either way these reviews are just people opinions regarding one story and I’m pretty sure Soular going to keep doing what she does best which is writing.

lheureauxlheureauxabout 12 years ago

Just beautiful writing and you avoided the soap opera syndrome pitfall that you so easily could have fallen into. Quiet desperation filled with some hope while the awful anticipation of the other shoe dropping looms in the background.

Really gripping, excellent work. I hope that chapter 10 is on its way because you really upped the ante with this chapter.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Spewing venom

A free story can still be critiqued. The chapter wasn't good. I have read the other stories by Soular and I've enjoyed them. But this one isn't good. And that's just my opinion. If she decided not to post here, who would hurt more? Her or her readers? Is she published yet? This site is for writers to earn their stripes and to hone their craft. Ask Ms. Soular how easy it is to get a good publisher? I have also said how great her other stories were, so that opinion is alright??? If you can't take criticism then you should only write in your journal.

BeginnerWriterBeginnerWriterabout 12 years ago
I LIKED it

I first off Soular, I LOVE Seven Days! It is definately one of my top 5 fav stories on Lit. Now on to this chapter. I don't think it was as intense as the previous chapters but I personally liked what you did with it. I feel like Gabriella didn't make a TON of progress this chapter, but at least we got SOMEWHERE with her. Simon and Patricia, I'm not so sure about. Overall, this chapter feels like the calm before the storm and I appreciated it. And if you wanted to take another year or two off from this story, I want you to know that you'll have at least one fan who is patiently (and by that I mean desperatly) waiting for the next chapter.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
I can't help but...

agree: this was rather anti-climatic.

I can understand the allure of troubled characters, and the difficulty to properly create and develop them. But, as other people mentioned, something with these characters is just not clicking, not the same way as Victoria and Nic for example (who were just brilliant). I don't mind the stepdaughter/father "forbidden love" context of the story; what I do mind though is that the characters are... unlikable. Again, previous comments have covered me on this point.

So why keep on reading this story, and checking in for the past year for this update? Because, as also mentioned before, you are really and truly talented. Your way with words is beautiful and I think many authors in here could benefit tremendously by paying close attention to your work. You can portray emotions vividly, even if with this particular story they are more to the frustration side.

Will I keep on reading this story? Yes, because even though my heart is not breaking for your characters as it did with your previous 2 stories, I still am curious to see what you have in store for them. Yes, because I always believe you are a gifted author, who, as any other person out there, is entitled to a less successful venture. Hopefully you will see all the less favourable comments for what they truly are: an effort by your readers to make you reach your full potential. We know you have it, otherwise, we wouldn't bother taking the time to comment.

P.S.: While overall this was a well-edited story, there were a few errors here and there that your editor should have been more mindful of. I am sure s/he has also invested a lot of time in this story, so perhaps "fresh eyes" were not always available when proof-reading, but do try to get the next chapters to another person you trust (and who is capable of editing) for a last quick check, before submitting.

cantfightfatecantfightfateabout 12 years ago
I'm glad you're back.

It took me a while to get to the story; not because I wasn't dying to read it but because I didn't have time to sit down for 8 pages.

Why didn't you give us 2-3 chapters instead of this one big one? While it's nice to get a long chapter after a long break, a chapter this long is hard to read all at once. And you know that once someone starts reading your stories they don't want to stop. There was no way I was stopping until the chapter was done.

I'm glad there won't be any more year long breaks, but let me just tell you- decent sized, 2-3 page chapters are perfectly acceptable and even preferable to a massive one.

Okay, now on to the story itself. I still don't know what I want to happen. It's unfair for Ella to stay with Nolan. Yes, his family are jerks but she's using him to feel normal. It's also unfair for Simon to stay with Patricia since he loves Gabriella way more. I know it's kind of sick for Simon and Ella to be together but they love each other. Dysfunctional as it may be, I think they're meant for each other. Then again, I keep thinking that Ella will have a daughter that looks just like her and the cycle will begin again. Does Simon really love Ella or will her be turned on by every new and improved version of Patricia?

I really wish Simon or Ella would tell Patricia what really happened, or that Patricia had the balls to come right out and ask. While this train wreck is as gripping to read as always, we've been waiting over a year to see what happens next. This chapter was just watching our three protagonists cope with the messes their lives have become... again.

I have complete faith that you know where you are going with this story. I am with you til the end. Don't rush it but have pity and give us something (even 1-2 pages) before another few months are out.

Thanks again for coming back and continuing this story! I am really looking forward to more.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
I love Ella so much

My heart really goes out to her. With that said...I hate Patricia and Simon (I really hate him) so much. Both Patricia and Simon made their choice and it was each other, not Gabriella. If anyone has a happy ending, I hope it's Gabriella. If there is a happy ending. She just reminds me of so many people, including myself. So young, so misunderstood. I will say though that like a lot of comments, I thought that they would have progressed a little more after waiting this long for an update. But, hey, just like in reality progress takes a long time. Looking forward to the next update.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
hated it as usual

I don't know about the rest of you but I can assume that Soular has a man in her life and time moves fast when you are having fun. This story can never give no one a happy ending...I am just surprised that some women would want to see a man f*** his wife's daughter than turn around and f*** the wife and have no conscience about it, he just kept doing it. ...don't that sound like having free p***y anytime he wants and f**k who gets hurt..there is no love story here. These character put themselves in a predicament and don't try and find a way out. Soular can't give them a way out. Even if Simon leaves the scars will remain and the fact that the daughter and the stepfather willingly did this under the same roof means they didn't care about no one but getting that nutt....this story is not about finding one self...and Gabriella is and will remain a whore until she do right by her mother and herself she will never find peace and people will continue to treat her as such....and Simon will be no better....once it is out what he was doing it never goes away...people will view you as a sick bastard. So by the time 2013 rolls around soular should have the last shitty ass chapter out...but what would be the point in reading it..we all ready know where it is headed....

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
2 years for this..

If chpt 10 doesnt come out before April.

Im burning down The authors house.

jitteryjunebugjitteryjunebugabout 12 years ago
To the comment titled "hated it as usual"

You know, those were really astute observations you made and I agree with you on some of it, however, it was hard to take you serious critiquing someone else with that horrible grammar and structure. And let's not forget that Patricia is just as weak and unlikable as the rest of the characters. I disagree with your overall assessment of Gabriella though. Why? Because unlike Patricia and Simon, she is and was a child when they began the affair. Sorry, but that is a reasonable excuse for her behavior in MY book. Also, Gabriella and Patricia don't have a close relationship, therefore I think it's a little irrational for one to expect Gabriella to behave like an adult and show Patricia respect when Patricia flaked on her parenting duties. If anybody is completely unlikable in this story, it is Patricia. Besides what I've already said, she continues to put everything else before her daughter. Like another comment stated, Patricia and Simon made their choice and it was each other even after Simon attacked her daughter in front of her. How is it that her bf picks up on the affair between Simon and Ella and she doesn't? She is willingly weak and it's past pathetic now. Simon is a bastard, but he was already treading on an unstable relationship and if it hadn't been him, something or someone else would have been the catalyst in this disaster. Gabriella is a hard person to like but if anybody in this story is deserving of sympathy or a somewhat "happy" ending, I rather it be her.

I'm sure this story isn't an easy write because it's definitely not an easy read. I will stay tuned though to see what happens.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Wow

You should definitely pat yourself on the back Soular for evoking such emotions from all these readers comments. With that said, I really dont know what to feel honestly. I always thought Gabriella, Simon and Patricia were all scarred and misunderstood. Simon allowing an affair with his stepdaughter is absolutely inexcusable. Its twisted and beyond desturbing despite his upbringing. He knows better and should have made better choices. Sadly, the damage is already done, and there is truly no turning back from his actions.

It is really bothersome that Simon thinks he has real feelings for Ella. I am not convinced they are geniune.... He knew how broken Ella was and still is and for that reason alone he should have nixxed this affair in the butt. There is so much more to Ella than her wild great sex and Nolan sees that thats why he fell in love with her.... Simon feeds off of danger, there is nothing more dangerous tan startingan afair with your wife's daughter. It will e challenging to convnce me otherwise. It is saddens me that Ella thinks she is in love with Simon because i do not think she is. She is drawn to the fact that Simon's flaws are completely exposed and raw, which is something that Patricia was never privvy to, because Simon tries to hard to be Mr. Perfect. Him cheating showcased an imperfection, much to Simon's dismay. I am very curious to see where you take this. I will follow you to the moon, you are one of the best writers i have ever seen in my life. I am honestly not sure if i want Simon to walk away with Patricia or not but i know i definitely do not want him to have Ella. I would love for Ella to geniuelly fall in love with her self first and for most and realize she is a beautiful woman that deserves to be happy and loved for just being Ella.

Her having an affair with her mothers husband is unacceptable, hower, like a viewer said she has never had that relationship with her mother and there so much pain and damaged done with that relationship. I also hope some healing in terms with mother and daughter can happen more for Ella's sake than Patricia's. I dislike Patricia the most in this sory, she continues to make the same recurring mistake: put her flesh and blood last. It is sad to say this but she deserves whatever pain she is about to feel, ultimately she brought it all on herself.

I love when a writer makes me feel confused and not unsure who to root for you are so awesome love your favorite blog reader Crysta :-)

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Feeling a different vibe....

So finally more people have started feeling sympathy for gabriella, I felt it from near the start. But everyone still seems to hate Simon. I think we're all being a bit too hasty. Sure, his actions are really stupid but he's just being compulsive. He wanted gabriella and after having her once he couldn't stop, it's an addiction. But he remembers that at one point patricia was all he ever wanted and he forces himself to remember why he loved her. And even though he does still care for her he still can't help remembering how much she resembles gabriella and he starts treating her like gabriella when before he was teaching her to swear or when he's rough with her. So I think there is deeper feelings there. And you can't tell someone who they can or can't love. In gabriella case Simon was the first person to look beyond sex. Yeah he did sleep with her but outside of that he was jealous of others with her and protective over her when she wore revealing clothes so she naturally made him the one figure in her life and idolised him so much that no one can compare so she does love him. Regardless of what everyone else says I do wish gabriella and Simon have their happy ending together simply because I've been in a similar situation and I would've given everything to have that one person. I do feel sorry for Nolan but he's made out to be an amazingly sweet character so he'll find someone else, maybe Whitney will take him back. But I've always disliked patricia because she reminds me of someone in my personaly experience and she isn't as White as snow.

raunchyrareraunchyrareabout 12 years ago
This was off charts...and not in a good way...It was just OFF...

Well, waiting over a year for this was just not worth it for me...

Soular, you are a great writer, this is not even in question,- so please take what come next as advice and not a bashing of your writing skills- but this chapter was...

What was it exactly?

Ella regressed, Patricia regressed and Simon...is just Simon.

This was not worth 1 year of waiting, and I seriously don't know how it could have taken a year to write either...

Being a writer myself, I can only speculate that somehow you lost your mojo with these characters...and yet you need to 'finish' the story so anything goes...But honestly, I'd recommend a full break, and maybe start another one...because as it is, it's simply feels like a rewash of previous chapters, and not a good one at that...

There were editing mistakes to add insult to injury, and it was a labor to read which probably reflects the labor it was to write in the first place.

I sincerely hope you not take my comments as a snotty critique- you are still my girl, and I know you're better than this- but please do heed the advice...

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Not worth the wait

So depressing, really not going to read anymore. I hope this ends soon and you get back to stories like seven days and damn dress....now they were amazing; this is just total car crash, and the characters/situations are awful.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Scorching hot...and incredibly captivating writing!!! You're one of the best!!!

I don't know what some of these readers are smoking Soular but I'm craving your next chapter like crack!! :Gets over her ghetto moment: But seriously, I have thoroughly enjoyed this series...it makes me FEEL along with the characters! [And not just with the naughty parts...and Lord knows those are AFFECTING!!] There are very few pieces of erotica that elicit the range of emotions in me that I obtain from your writing. People can break down your work and critique it up the ying yang all they want but I HAVE to tell you, that you have a remarkable skill to bring to life a cast of characters that I individually and as a whole keep my attention. Keep it up girl!! However this plays out I know it will be the right ending just cause YOU wrote it

saorisaoriabout 12 years ago
Where is this going?

I am really sorry to say this but I have never engaged with this story or the characters, I have no idea where this is going and I can only assume from the amount of time it is taking to write that it is as hard for you, Soular, as it is for me to read it. It is stuck on a loop. I cannot comprehend the way these characters behave or the incredible low self-esteem of the female characters. The male characters are weak and selfish, and there is nothing redeemable about them.

I beg you to end the madness and start something new; you are a great writer, but this is not a great story. Its not even a good story. I think I'll leave it a while before I check back in, hopefully by that time it'll be over, and you will have a new exciting project. Thank you for your other two great stories.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Just not it

I love your writing soular but this series isn't doing it for me. I'm not really sure where the story is headed but I just find the characters pathetic and the more I read, the more i hate, specially Gabriella. She was a lost cause from the beginning and faced a lot of crap in her life but I feel like she never did learn her lesson. Unfortunately I can't read it anymore but I'm looking forward on your next project.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
When will Gabriella catch her break?

Hi soular. I've been a long time fan of all your stories and have reviewed them numerous times. I think I've mentioned before that Gabriella, the character is an immensely complex character that I've fallen in love with. She has been used and neglected by every single person in her life (and yes, I'm including that rat bastard Simon in that list too). That girl, for she really is still that, a girl who was forced to grow up too soon by an absent father, a mother who was so focussed on not repeating her mother's mistakes that she didn't even notice until much later than she was doing just fine making her own, the stepfather who continued to use and discard her, manipulating her feelings and then going back to her mother, the various men/boys in her life who only she the body and the sex and not the girl. I have to say that with the exception of Steven, every other person in this story has been incredibly cruel to Gabriella. What's even more shocking is the level of victim blaming and victim shaming I see in your comments. So, because she is 20 years old we're supposed to all paint her with the scarlet letter and say you're old enough to drive so that means you're old enough to take responsibility for the actions of the people who have influenced every aspect of your life? Do these people not understand what it does to a child to know that she's not even important enough for her own parents to be there for her? Yes, she has done horrible things. Blaming her for them isn't going to help the situation imo. You've created an amazing character in Gabriella.

It pains me that Patricia is so weak that she returned to Simon AFTER witnessing him manhandle her daughter and is now actually back together with him! In this case, while I want to say that Patricia too has flaws because of her upbringing, she is more to blame than anyone else here because she is a mother. She is responsible for a CHILD. Her own flesh and blood. God. I love this story soular. I really do, but I won't lie. I dread reading it, because I know that Gabriella will continue to be used and hurt and discarded until her story ends tragically. And when it does, her demise will be in the conscience of every single one of those people especially her mother and Simon.

I liked Nolan for about a minute in this chapter until he too started using her. And while I can understand his reticence in defending her to his parents and their friends, I still find it unacceptable. Like Gabriella implied earlier, she has never wanted for male attention, but she's not the girl that a guy would introduce to his parents or take to prom.

I know you're in the midst of writing chapter 10 now. I wish you all the very best. I look forward to it. Please let Gabriella have HER happy ending and NOT with Nolan or Simon or anyone of those losers who don't appreciate her. I hope she finishes school, leaves that hell town, move on and makes something of herself. She doesn't need to be rescued but I do hope that she will eventually find someone who will love her. I would appreciate if you could drop me an email once you've updated since I don't frequent this site as often as I used to anymore. You can reach me at alexindigo[at]gmail[dot]com.

Thank you for sharing!

Alex Indigo =)

PrincessErinPrincessErinabout 12 years ago
Good but not Great

I do enjoy your writing and was excited to read the next chapter BUT.... waiting so long for the next chapter ruined the excitement for me. As well it seems like you are trying too hard to add suspense and drama just for the sake of continuing the story. It's not the topic (incest) that is the problem, it's the ongoing soap opera drama that has been going on for too long.

KberlyJsonKberlyJsonabout 12 years ago
Riveting

Your writing is beyond words. They way you write for each character creates a dynamic in the reader where they have conflicting emotions. I hate Ella and Simon but I also love them and feel horrible for them. I believe Patricia should know what happened but I also want her and Simon to live happily ever after. Its amazing how you created the dichotomy in these characters. Love the story its brilliant and well written. Can't wait for more! :)

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
nice but dragging

your writings are wonderful but then about Gabriella you seem to take a long time to add the chapters and its very dragging...

emj417emj417about 12 years ago

time for Ella to grow up and move on--and not with her mama's hubby. If Ella continue with her pattern of sleeping with who asks then the next lucky guy will be Nolan's dad. If Nolan mans up perhaps in about 5 yrs down the road these two can make a go of it.

time for Patricia to grow a pair and ask her hubby if he had sex with her daughter. Hopefully she will not want to be sloppy seconds and move on. Hubby can move in with his friend.

It really bothers me to see Ella punishing herself, both mentally and physically. The step-daddy is too old for her and that relationship is just not healthy. Looking forward to the finale and something new.

Avidreader99Avidreader99about 12 years ago

This is a hotmess in a half, but I immensely enjoy reading this addictive heart wrenching never ending drama at the same time I dread the emotions that evoke in me of sadness and depression. I just happen to check this out a week ago after a year ago since you've haven't updated and debating if I should read this depressing drama I didn't know if I wanted my mind in a fog lol, it's just reading this is so intense emotional and draining and you are uber talented in being able to capture that I love it cheers! and please don't take too long

Thanks

SashasworldSashasworldabout 12 years ago
YESSSS!!

I've been checking since last year for this update! When I saw it today I couldn't believe it. I'm so glad you've finally updated this. This story is almost always in the back of my head. It's so captivating. Anyway, keep up the awesome work.

NefatiriNefatirialmost 12 years ago
Hey

I keep coming back to your stuff......addictive. I really hope one day I can write as well as you do. Yumilicious as always...........

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
Welcome back!

I really feel for Ella, she is such a sad young woman. I hope she gets some help soon. I hope Patricia is finally gonna face her fears and confront Simon. Somewhere in the back of her mind she knows what her friend said is true. All in all, I love this story and I'm looking forward to the next chapter.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
i really liked it

I think stories are suppose to provoke strong emotions from the reader and this is what this story does, can't wait to read the next chapters.

ChurosChurosalmost 12 years ago
*O*

Wew. Such a rush. I have now read all of your stories. Yay!

I see a recurring theme. Most of your characters are "orphans" - some have fathers but they are non-existent or are abusive when they were growing up - and it is mostly the root cause of the characters' conflicts. It only shows how important it is to have a healthy childhood, but sadly, not all of us have that privilege.

My favorite has to be Seven Days, the pacing/flow is just right and haha, I "understood" the characters. I felt it. So, good job on plot, execution and characterization. DD is a good one too. there are parts that are dragging but those parts also emphasized the time they were apart.

Now, on to Gabriella. Honestly, POV labels are one of my pet peeves. It is pretty obvious who is the focal character just by reading since it is in third person limited pov. Even in first, the writer should be able to show who is talking without spoon feeding the readers. Personally, I feel that the writer thinks I'm dumb seeing those POV labels.

Moving on, this has got to be that story that made my eyes roll or head hurt with what the characters are putting themselves to. But that means that you were successful since you were able to make me "care" about your characters to the point that I want to go inside your story and stop Gabriella from doing something that she would regret later on. I honestly wouldn't want my enemy (if I have one) to be in their shoes. So much angst. So much drama. So much headache. Because of their decisions. Decisions that are governed my emotions. Emotions of a broken heart.

So basically, what I see here, is a cycle. We are on chapter nine and nothing has been resolved. LOL. I don't know if that is a good thing or not. And parts about their

childhood and parents are repetitive,,, redundant. Their dilemma. Their thoughts. Their lies. All the same ^^ The only chapter that was different was the first, I guess. Nice touch on showing us their "relationship" ^-^b I was really shocked during that phone call scene. Haha!

But I pushed through simply because I want to know the ending. I want to know if I was right in giving this story a chance. I am aware that not all would have a happy ending. And with the way this is going, I think it would be Simon and Ella in the end. She is with Nolan but she constantly thinks of Simon. And Simon, I mean, if he truly loved Patricia, there would be no Ella. I could be wrong though. But Simon choosing Patricia, is him choosing what is perfect or right for him. I think he loves the idea.

Keep writing ^-^b

naturaldreamernaturaldreameralmost 12 years ago
Dark and Disturbing

Even though I feel that you are one of the best writings on this site and this story is well writing in itself where it takes in the reader that you can't put it down to you are finish I find it very dark and disturbing. First off I feel none of the main characters have any redeeming values whatsoever that I find that I dislike each one with passion.

We have a stepfather/stepdaughter who are having an affair which both say is love but is only abuse more on his part more then hers because we all know form the story that she clearly as serious issues. I feel he is more sick and disturbing in more then one way where it's almost a sick control issue to have both wife and stepdaughter in his life. Next we have a mother/wife who remind me of one of those women that as long as she has a man in her life she will turn her head to anything that a man does to her or her children. This woman seems to have no backbone and will believe any garbage that this man feeds her when signs are all there that telling her something is up along with her friend telling her so. Finally we have a daughter/stepdaughter who blames all her life problems on everyone else but herself and never see that maybe if she took the time to learn form her mistakes that life maybe different. This young woman in this story clearly is very troubled and thinks by using her body and being with her stepfather that it's love. Again very dark and disturbing but very well writing and very believable.

The reason I say it's very believable is that I know for a FACT that this type of sick relationships are taking place everythough out the world. But it's never a story about true love it's about control and crossing the line of relationships. It should never be about who should end up with whom it's just disturbing and many people will he hurt destroyed along the way. But again enjoyed your writing you are great and even though I find this piece dark and disturbing I will look forward to see how this story ends because I have been pulled in by your story telling.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
?????

Where is chapter 10?????? If its donee??? A few days has came and gone.

LovelyLvsLovelyLvsalmost 12 years ago
amazing!

I started this story this afternoon and haven't stopped reading yet! It's sooo good!! I love the passion and the angst is incredible!!! I so want Nolan to be the one to help Ella; I love how damaged she is; I HATE how weak her mother is; and Simon... PLEASE keep writing! I'm also really impressed with your growth as a writer from Damn Dress.

rexspauldingrexspauldingover 11 years ago
Thoughtfully Well Written, Realistic and Lugubrious

Soular, your prose strikes such a fine balance between tasteless and fascinating, that I'm left with the dichotomy of guilt with a hint of remorse paired against deep satisfaction. What I mean is that the topic you chose, a rather taboo situation of step-parent to child intimacy, coupled with infidelity and a broken childhood, should invoke feelings of disgust and other nauseating responses. Yet, here I am, continuing to read, disappointed to find the next chapter isn't ready yet, eager to witness where this tangled web you've woven concludes, all the while wishing to witness more disturbing and horrifying outcomes of these intriguing characters, but yearning for the near impossible fairy-tale ending. I am no expert or professional, nor do I possess any impressive credentials to substantiate any of my near nonsensical blatherings, other than being an avid reader. But having read your other two works, I want to say how impressed I am that you can create such appalling characters that I am all too eager to detest, then somehow set them through redemption to become not only likable, but enjoyable. This skill you possess in your writing makes these characters alive, really feeling as if they were just another person who lived and breathed amongst us.

That being said, my only criticism is more than likely an issue of my own personal taste rather than something with which you were unsuccessful. Nonetheless, I find myself less aroused with your stories than I would have expected. That's not to say the scenes and situations weren't written or portrayed well, but rather the sense of realism hangs over the scene like a heavy curtain, leaving what might have been a highly erotic and arousing moment enshrouded by the anticipation of which one of life's problems looms ahead.

Had I been reading any of your stories with the sole purpose of finding an erotic escape with release I would have been sorely disappointed.

However, approaching them with a keen interest in your style and masterful storycrafting ability, I can say that I have been enjoying your writing immensely, finding myself glued to your words, devouring each story in all it has to offer both emotionally and physically. I never imagined I would be comparing work I found on here, particularly yours, to that of other literary giants in multiple genres.

Soular, please, for the sake of fine literature that provokes deep thought, continue what it is you seem to do best; craft these tales.

Rex

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago

I simply love your stories, there's always some sort of controversial thing going on where in the first few chapters i find myself just completely loathing the male protagonist of the story (SIMON, BT, Nic)but then a few chapters later im falling in loving with that character. And now i find myself in a situation where i don't who im rotting for more Nolan or Simon.

islandqtislandqtover 11 years ago
Hooked!

This story is really engaging for sure but I feel to a certain extent that it is dragging a bit. Something needs to happen, some kind of breakthrough or climax. It is an emotionally wrenching work though so kudos. I cannot believe that people are so rude to Ella. What gives them the right to say mean things to her face? Can't wait for the next chapter.

brownskinnedcutiebrownskinnedcutieover 11 years ago
Is it possible to likie Simon and Gabriella even more that I already do?

Yes, it is. Ella has got a chipped the size of the Grand Canyon on her shoulder, yes your mother ignored you when you were growing up. But you made the decision to be a whore all by yourself. To have an affair with your mother's husband is evil. Simon just makes me want to commit homicide. When is Patricia going to wake up and smell the coffee.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Well

By the middle of page 3 I just wanted Ella to just swallow a bottle of pills. I'm sorry, that is mean, but I haven't felt this disappointed with a characterers choices since reading The Coldest Winter Ever. You keep hoping that a light bulb will turn on and that they will finally get it. Even though all of the "I can't be happy with anyone else because I do is think of Simon" is getting old, I would feel better about her if she would just keep her legs closed. How can she be angry if everyone thinks shes a whore if she keeps giving them reasons to. I'm an opened minded woman and I do not believe that sex is bad. Its one thing if she was a little nymph and did it because she really liked it, that is something that I could respect. But she does it to hurt herself. Can she leave town or get a car and and go dick hunting the next couple towns over where no one knows her and nothing can get back to the people who do know her? It's all becoming too painful to read.

I'm not telling you what to do with your story, but I hope she and Nolan can work it out, in spite of his parents. I've been where she is...in an interracial relationship where his parents hated me because of the color of my skin. I was a "good girl", a virgin when we started dating and on a full ride academic scholarship. That still wasn't good enough. He let them tear us apart, but he became an ass too. It was so horrible that I never wanted to date another White man ever. But then I found another. He was sweet, and kind...much like Nolan. He stood up for me and showed me that love shouldn't hurt. He was really good to me and good for me. He wanted to marry me, but I said no. I thought we were too young. I just ended that horrible relationship and I wanted to spread my wings. I had been extremely shelterd before and I wanted to see what "life" was about. We eventually called it quits, but I pined for him for awhile. I didn't take it out on myself as Ella does, but I judged everyone according to his standard and no one was good enough. I'm happy with my life now, but I sometimes wonder what if...

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
seriously!!

Where is chapter 10?? What's taking so long. Almost 4 months ago you said you were done now you're not?? Please hurry. I love your work but soon ppl will start losing interest since it takes so long. Seriously.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Damn - where's the ending?!

You write so well that I haven't been able to stop reading this saga, only to find out at the end of this chapter that it isn't the end at all! Please finish this amazing story so I can get on with all I have to do! Keep up the great work & all strength to your pen.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
are u alive!!?? get to it!

Look here soular..we're tired of waiting! U need to understand that u've been beatin around the bush for 9 freggin chpts nd God knows how many pages. ITS TIME FOR WAT WE'VE ALL BEEN WAITING FOR TO HAPPEN! You've procrastinated enough! do u understand this is emotionally affecting your readers?! I've to the conclusion that the following things need to happen: 1. Gabriella, aka: std ass hoe, need to get ha ass BEAT pronto. i wuld lik for it to b by patricia personally, but bottom line it needs to happe. 2. Simon, aka: pussy ass muthafuka, needs to b beat too. DEFINETLY by patricia. 3. Patricia needs to get yelled at for being a pussy nd not speaking her mind enough and telling dem niggas wat she think was goin on! and y da fuk wat she stay wit him after he cheated on her?! she needs to get told! nd i mean told good! curse her out nd even slap her. BUT THE MAIN THING IS... ITS TIME FOR WATS N THE DARK TO COME TO THE FUKIN LIGHT! QUIT GOIN AROUND IT! AND NO DONT LET SIMON SPILL IT OR G. EITHER. GET 2 IT!

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Soular seriously!!?

When readng this story, i actually cried! I felt for simon so much nd i really pitied him nd felt his pain, nd wanted nothng more but for him to get better, but as it went on, i started to hate him. I understand he loved/loves patricia nd that evryone is tempted, but he shulda stayed loyal to his wif, nd not slept WITH HER DAUGHTER!, but now i really hate him. nd he continuously lies to her! wtf! quit bein a pussy nd just man up to ur punishmnt!For ella, honestly i never liked her! Now she can die n a fukin car crash for all i care. nd for those who like her nd relate to her, of course all sluts agree nd relate to each other. patricia needs to get some sense smaked nto her! wtf is she afraid of! Nd nolans ass! y wuld u wanna b with the campus sorry town slut anywy! when every dude including her stpdad can say they've had her. ella dosnt deserv anyone nd needs her ass beat. simon needs his name destroyed nd NEEDS to b left to wallow in the shit he made nd needs to not complain cuz its his fault 2. Update soon

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Bring Nic into here to redeem this story.

Can you just bring Nicolas Andretti into this story to redeem it already, cause this is absolutely painful to read. Its hard to care about any of these characters. No one likes confused little girl who would sleep with her moms husband.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Still no emotional growth

I'm a big fan of your other work, especially Seven Days, but this one, I have to say, doesn't strike a chord with me. Like others have said, there's just nothing likeable about any of the characters, their story isn't that great and neither one of them have exhibited any emotional growth throughout the nine chapters. I've tried to find something redeeming about the story, but I find myself feeling "meh" about all of them. For the most part, I wouldn't feel any kind of way if all of them fell off a cliff. I'd probably think "Oh well, at least they've been put out of their meandering, listless, miserable existence." From the other comments, I suppose I'm not the only person to feel this way. I hope any other stories you decide to write include characters with fiery personalities like the ones we encountered in Damn Dress and Seven Days. Gabriella, Patricia and Simon and their story is just "blah" and it's been dragged out for way too long with nothing to show for it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
!!

I love this story!! :)

mssoft2hldmssoft2hldover 11 years ago
I LOOOOOOVVVVVE IT

I'm loving this story, I actually love all your stuff and am dreading the day when you wise up and I have to start buying it on amazon.

One person said there was no emotional growth well I kind of feel the same way I suppose it will as it goes on. But one thing bothers me the part where she apologizes to Nolan for making bad choices. What I got from it was her making it her fault she was raped. And after reading the previous installment it said she didn't drink much. I dunno it just didn't sit well with me and I just hate how patricia is the delicate flower and victim that character urks me. But what the hell do I know. Keep up the good work and Hurry up! I got the shakes over here I need my fix baby!

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
continue

Are you going to keep writing this? Im hooked!! Update soon please!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Hmm...

I can't help but notice the large amounts of delectable coffee that gets poured down the drain... smh lol

ScorpMoonScorpMoonover 11 years ago
Agree with 10/06/12

I truly enjoy your work, but Gabriella and her step dad crossed the line with this relationship. I found my jaw literally hitting the floor with the last hot sexy scene with them. It's so sad that Patricia is going to have her heart broken and be left emotionally devastated once she finds out the truth. I just thank you for not making Gabriella pregnant. THis girl, whew, she's not a character worth rooting for since she doesn't have much remorse for sleeping with her mom's husband.

TooMuchEnnuiTooMuchEnnuiover 11 years ago
She's dealt a raw deal

I really can't help but hurt for Gabriella, the lot of tears that I've dropped for this lost girl in this story are far more than abundant. I just wish she could catch some type of break and truly find her own happiness. Whatever thst may be. I also enjoy the real-ness of her character, people keep complaining about her and her deceitfulness, but honestly who wouldn't act out the way she does after years of neglect like she suffered? And let us not forget those unholy moments spent with a pervert as a child, moments that should have been spent with her mother. She was young and impressionable and obviously it left a huge impression on her as a person. Yes, the affair with Simon shouldn't have happened, but it did and he takes a bigger blame in my book than she should. He also needs to come off his high horse and admit the the mistakes hes made to his wife. He at least owes Patricia that. As for Patricia, yes I do beliebe that a great desl of her daughters problems stem from her, she ought to stop being so oblivious to EVERYTHING and around her. With that being said, I do like Simon and Patricia both even with both of their short comings as as a parental unit.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
update

Pls update this story my heart is just aching for this girl....crying as i type pls let iwant to see this young girl with some peace aand happiness ......and simon should have to suffer while watching her happiness.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago

Wow....you began this story in 2009. Such a disappointment to keep your fans waiting for so long regarding an update. Your true fans understand life doesn't necessarily get in the way but it causes necessary detours. I'm just tired of hearing..."It's coming, I'm working on it". Hopefully when you finally post, it will be the last chapter because I don't know if I can wait for another one. You are extremely talented and you write obviously because you love it but all of this seems to have become a joke of some sort. Here's hoping you actually update soon and much success in your endeavors. Also please do more updates on your blogs. Thank You and Happy Writing....From, Still a Fan

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
I'll wait

Lots of good comments from readers, but the fact that this story has been going on so long is getting in the way of my reading it. I'll read it when the last chapter has been posted. Keeping it in my favorites will check back in a few months. Too many stories on Lit like this one, good but unfinished for many months or years.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Omg please finish it!!

I read this story like 6 times already and I don't get tired of reading it but I've been waiting for you to finish this story for so long:(

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Finished it?

Please finish it!! I'm in love with this story!! Please finished it!!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Sure...

"Hey all, sorry it took so long but hope you enjoyed the latest chapter. More than likely there will be 11 total chapters, but I hope to have Ch.10 out very soon. No more yearlong gaps!"

Please stop making promises you clearly cannot keep. It's a year in 4 days.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Ugh....really?

Another unfinished story. Seems several good ones here are. Why though?

It's like sex without orgasm. Are the writers living vicariously thru their characters? Is it a control issue? What the hell!

Finish it! It's not as good as the one about the damn dress, but still wonderful in its own twisted way. I love how you explore the harsh truths of life, its decisions and the consequences people face. You have occasional usage and punctuation errors, but who the hell doesn't.

Put this story to bed or it will continue to eat you alive and I don't want any bullshit excuses about writers block or time management problems.

Just do it.....

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
hmm almost a year long gap again

You promised not another year long gap please complete it soon don't leave us hanging its one of my favourite story here plzzz and I want Gabrielle and him to be together not her mom and him I know its morally wrong or whatever but it will be so exciting creative and new something different and you can call me dark and twisted because I love such endings anyways post soon

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago

Are you alive? Hope so! Can't wait to read the rest of the story and hope that your inspiration comes back soon. :)

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
I liked your effort

I check back from time to time to see where the story has gone. I guess I don't mind the wait, as there are always new stories here to keep me busy.

Nevertheless, in defense of the author, I wouldn't be in a rush to write for you ungrateful people either. Almost from the first comment, there was nothing but negativity. Do you realize how much time and effort this takes? To hear how EVERYONE has an opinion but has contributed jack shit to the cause wouldn't put me in a hurry to finish it either. I don't blame you Soular for checking out. After hours and hours of "slaving" (and for free) who wants to hear, "That's crap...go do it again." Think about if that happened to you at work. Would you be motivated to endure that again?

Just give them a few sentences: Mother and daughter reconciled, Ella stopped sleeping around, they got together and beat Simon's ass and then they both found men they could love. The End. That's what they want to hear anyway. Since they think that they can control the flow, give them that. Then you can be okay with the supposed "disappointing" chapter. When they say they hate it, you won't care because you didn't put so much effort into it.

I think that you are a brilliant storyteller. I think that you could take it as a complement that people have such negative emotions about the characters. They ARE flawed and some might say unlikable. Maybe I don't have a problem with them because as a therapist, I see broken people all of the time. This is real life. Sometimes affairs happen, and guess what? Sometimes the wife doesn't find out and sometimes (gasps) she looks the other way. Sometimes the rebellious child grows up and sometimes she burns out. I see a girl who has had almost 10 abortions and she has 6 kids. She continues the abortions because she feels that this is the only control she has over her body and no amount of reasoning will get her to see that if she still must sleep around to quiet her demons then birth control is the best option. It breaks my heart into a million pieces every time I talk to her. There are some Ellas out there even if you don't personally know any. Some people hurt themselves for their own reasons even if it doesn't make sense to you. On the same token, some people become unknowing participants in this person's game to hurt themselves. It isn't pretty, but life isn't always pretty.

Not every story can be Cinderella and Prince Charming...and I believe most authors of the chapter stories here seem to try. It becomes quite predictable. I find it interesting how even though this is erotic literature; some people still come here looking for Harlequin romance novels and Lifetime movies. Not every man gets the girl. Not every woman gets the kids and picket fence. It is what it is. I love how complex these characters are. I'm glad that I can't predict the ending. I don't know how you plan to wrap this up and I don't envy your efforts to try...if you ever decide to try. If you don't, I understand why.

Anyway, this is your baby, so do not let anyone else tell you how to raise it.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
.___.

This story is so tiring to read. Does Gabriella ever have a period? I was a little on her side until the drunken hookup. Then the random basketball player? It's really hard to feel bad for her because she's not making sense.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
I like the story :)

But it's one of those stories that isn't gonna have a happy ending. There is no way that Patricia and Simon can be together once the truth is out. Ella and her mom will b worse off. Nolan and Ella might have some issues, well most likely. Simon and Ella no matter how right it seems they would be together they are all wrong for each other. I'm hoping the truth does come out, I'm sure all the readers want it out already. I like the drama. :) I like the romance. But I am afraid there will be no happily ever after :(

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
usersoular@soular
3055 Followers
3/2/24: Oh, goodness people. I'm sorry I have taken this long to get back to Gabriella. I know many of you have sent me feedback and I have not responded, and I do apologize for that. I just wanted to post a reminder that any works you see of mine posted anywhere else but Lit...

story TAGS

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

Gabriella Series Info