All Comments on 'One Moment in Time'

by Tara Cox

Sort by:
  • 5 Comments
YgraineYgraineabout 12 years ago
Beautiful piece

Tara, this is a wonderful piece of writing and certainly good enough to find a home in the commercial press. Your childhood experiences giving you a positive view of the grieving process is a wonderful one to share with your readers, who may not have had such a positive sense of community. I wasn't allowed to attend my grandmother's funeral when I was fourteen and spent a tearless time being good while my mother fell apart and never really recovered. When the suicide of my favourite TV actor was announced on the news, I immediately burst into tears, only to be berated by my mother for "being so stupid as to cry over an actor." She has no idea the effect her words had, but my work for the past 5 years has been to offer training in coping with bereavement so I can help people to be more aware of their actions and behaviour following a loss. Thank you for adding to my wealth of stories.

chytownchytownabout 12 years ago
Thank You!!!!!!!

I love it!! Thanks for sharing this wonderful piece of writing.

tazz317tazz317about 12 years ago
THAT SPECIAL MOMENT OF TIME

elapses most all of us. TK U MLJ LV NV

theaquarianpentheaquarianpenabout 12 years ago
Making sense of of it all

Frankly I had grown tired of all the noise the talking heads were making of her death. While not really celebrating her life I once owned a discotech and used and loved her music. I beleave you may have touched the reason for the noise. I am really displeased in the way the medea deals with the warts of a performers life. They deserve a private life after all we all have some warts of our own.

estragonestragonabout 12 years ago
Well Said

Tara, good work.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userTara Cox@Tara Cox
2502 Followers
UPDATE: If you are wondering what happened to me, I have not died. I left Lit. Please do NOT comment or complain about unfinished stories. Completed versions of many are available on my website to read for FREE. If you follow the links: http://taracoxwriter.com Twitter: @...