All Comments on 'How Do I Fuck Thee?'

by AverageBear

Sort by:
  • 9 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Kudos!

True to the memory and spirit of Elizabeth Barrett Browning, yet moving from the caution of her Victorian strait-laces to a stirring modern-day hedonistic sonnet. Well done!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
To Be or Not To Be

I hear a poet that is aware of his/her surroundings that mirror reality.

tazz317tazz317about 12 years ago
I DONT RECALL WHO YOU PARAPHRASED FROM

but as usual the clone doesnt match the original. TK U MLJ LV NV

bronzeagebronzeageabout 12 years ago
reviewed

Reviewed in the Feb 21, 2012 New Poetry Recommendation thread.

FrancisDrakeFrancisDrakeabout 12 years ago
Droll.

Witty & well written without being coarse, but funny as all Hell! Well done Sir!

HarryHillHarryHillover 11 years ago
Why do I have the sudden urge

to write a sonnet?

DawnJDawnJabout 11 years ago
*chuckles*

Elizabeth Barrett Browning would probably have turned over in her grave when you penned this imitation of her poem if she had been aware of it! I can't imagine her ever even thinking the word "fuck", never mind using it with such abandon in a stately and elegant love poem. But then, this isn't your typical 19th century "love poem", is it? It's a riot, and cute, and funny! Thanks for the laugh!

As an English teacher, I appreciate imitations that work, and the effort that goes into trying them. And in this case, the horny humor that gave the poem its spice! :)

zornslemmazornslemmaover 3 years ago

Very good. Certainly has the rhythm and texture of "How Do I Love Thee". Thanks!

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

Oh my God, are you not the passionate Bear. Maybe a Browning Bear? Who cares, Lizzie would have welcomed a night with you as would all of us, boys and girls alike. Thrust on noble steed till every inch is filled.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userAverageBear@AverageBear
438 Followers
I enjoy writing tales with memorable characters and a deeper meaning, so if you're just looking for a stroke story, you might look elsewhere. That said, you'll find some pretty hot sex in most of my stories. Reader emails and other forms of feedback are welcome! Best regards,...