All Comments on 'In the Land of the Rokken Ch. 01'

by fabfables

Sort by:
  • 7 Comments
Raptor5Raptor5about 12 years ago
Da

Now that was an interesting chapter. Boy, I wish we all had dreams like that.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Hot

But way too short. Write more soon, please :)

bud10_cabud10_caabout 12 years ago
More ! ! !

Off to a real good start I'm really hoping that there is a lot more.

fabfablesfabfablesabout 12 years agoAuthor
Thanks

Thanks for the positive comments. I'm working on the next story in the series, but I'm a slow writer of fiction and I have several projects on at the moment, so it may be a week or so.

Despite the resemblances to Avatar, my inspiration for the concept is a short story by Jack London in which the spirit of an imprisoned man ranges far and wide. For the other influences, I've mentioned Edgar Rice Burroughs and his Mars stories, but there is also Philip Jose Farmer and his 'World of Tiers', Robert Heinlein with 'Glory Road' and 'Number of the Beast' and I'm sure many others buried in my unconscious mind!

David_BrockDavid_Brockalmost 2 years ago

Too bad this ended here.... But, it would fit the reality of someone in his situation. Well that of anyone who can no longer function sexualy.

fabfablesfabfablesalmost 2 years agoAuthor

I do want to continue the story. For all sorts of reasons I haven't done a lot of writing over the past few years and most of that in other formats. I might come back to this one, but probably via a restart.

fabfablesfabfablesalmost 2 years agoAuthor

Well, it turns out I've already written more on this, which will probably add another 6 or 7 pages. I have also discovered a complete outline of a story which is likely to run quite long. It takes Varkan to the end of his first quest, but still leaves Nick a paraplegic. There is some light at the end of the tunnel though.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous