All Comments on 'Grief'

by Tzara

Sort by:
  • 6 Comments
tazz317tazz317about 12 years ago
WHEN LOVE IS PAST AND LOST FOREVER

the struggle to follow the one. TK U MLJ LV NV

champagne1982champagne1982about 12 years ago
Loving

Keep filling that husk with your rain. Even the bottomless has a bottom. Lovely work T-zed, thank you.

NeonuroticNeonuroticabout 12 years ago
Good Son

Just Carrie said, Tzara, be there for your Mom, that's all you can do really. I'm learning the same with my own Mother, my step Dad having passed recently.

Maria2394Maria2394about 12 years ago
excellent work

you just keep getting better Tzara. Mentioned, of course, on the new poems thread.

~ maria

greenmountaineergreenmountaineerabout 12 years ago

Well crafted as always, Tzara.

"and lives now buried //in the shallow grave //of that withering emotion" is very powerful. Poems about personal loss, I think, are difficult because of the risk of melodrama. Initially, the last line felt that way to me, particulary with "love" as the final word, but the poem was good enough that I read it again. The interplay of "husk, quicken, rain, and thoughtless" gave "love" a more tangible and dynamic meaning rather than some melancholic abstraction.

buttersbuttersabout 12 years ago
this is so damned good...

if i didn't know you'd written it, i would have placed gm as its author! so, yeah, i really rate this sensitively woven write with its deceptively simple language. what you have achieved here, imo, is do that thing i so admire: you make it about the images, the sensations, emotions by choosing words that somehow manage to become invisible (or virtually so) - in other words, what i'm 'reading' is a montage of images suffused with patterns of emotion and sensation.

yeah, i'll shut up now. this is good.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous