All Comments on 'Ghosts & Shadows Pt. 03'

by DanielQSteele1

Sort by:
  • 146 Comments
dinkymacdinkymacabout 12 years ago
Good reading!!

I had hopes for him after the email, but following the wedding I suspect this is going in the "wrong" direction........

bartolobartoloabout 12 years ago
key questions remain

This story, and particularly this chapter, is a mystery to me. The mystery concerns High and Mary. There is something, something not mentioned and not even suggested in the text of DQS's text.

Perhaps I need to carefully re-read the story again: very carefully. Also, we know little about Mary that we should probably know at this stage of the story..

The writing is well done, and descriptions of the worldwide depressions as it hit the banks is extremely well presented. Even got correct the fact that the economic problems begun before the current president took office in January 2009.

But I know that DQS has some surprises for us, and these surprises may be coming in the next few chapters.

fregenfregenabout 12 years ago
Really Baffled

Why is Mary so antagonistic toward Hugh? One would think that he was the cheating guilty party. That he had wronged her. He's been the upright guy in the whole affair. Maybe too upright and noble for me. I think a little more rage would have been a more normal reaction. I am sure that the email was a bit of a cartharsis. <P>

Hope we get the answer in the finale. Thanks for sharing.

Wonder_OneWonder_Oneabout 12 years ago
Love it and only at the mid point

Continue to think about Hugh.

TechRaiderTechRaiderabout 12 years ago
great read!

this story is definately going pretty good. i think hugh will more than likely forgive mary and might even become friends, best friends. i dont think they should get back together though. everything she did and all the questions that have been brought up in the story so far. i wouldnt be able to trust anything she said ever again, if i was in his position.

keep writing, i know it will be a good read and worth my time. write it any way you want and dont worry about how the "fans" think it should go. thanks for sharing, dont make us wait to long for pt 4. =)

calibeachgirlcalibeachgirlabout 12 years ago
I

don't like any of the characters in this story:

I don't like the wife for what she did. She is a cheating, lying, miserable bitch of a woman who doesn't deserve any good happening for her.

I don't like the children for still having anything to do with the mother. The whole business about 'she's still your mother' thinking rings false. If she's that good of a mother, she wouldn't have done what she did. You get divorced first, then look for someone else if that is the case you don't love your spouse anymore.

I don't like him because until this email he sent out, he lacked a backbone and was too submissive in his dealings with her. She wasn't worth his attention or trouble that he went through.

Please, don't let let them get back together or

I don't like this story at all.

FD45FD45about 12 years ago
I don't like the wife

This comes as no surprise. But here is the thing. I can see this coming a mile away.

The wife is absolutely devestated by her life. She is as sorry as she could be. She's a sensitive soul, who cries at home every night and has been seeing scads of therapists...AND IT STILL DOESN'T MATTER TO ME!

Love is a choice. And she choose to fuck over two men who loved her. Yes, she's human. I can see her failing. But for a year? She was never strong for a WHOLE YEAR? No, that doesn't scan. She CHOOSE to do this. She choose to be with that Kelly slime.

I am not reflexively a burn the bitch kind of guy. I can see remorse. I get that people screw up....for a fucking year? She is intelligent. She knows what she's doing. Yes, I've read the literature. Women tend to have longer and better hidden affairs. But it's because they aren't getting something at home. This woman seems to be. If she is SO FUCKING IN LOVE with her ex that seperation is driving her to this extreme behavior, then how and why did she do it?

Of course, that is the weak spot in the genre, not unique to this tale.

But even if Hugh wasn't doing the job (and we had no communication from the wife on this issue...not like we had from Deb in WWWM), even so, the actions of the wife were incredibly selfish. She caused the wedge with the kids. She couldn't woman up enough to deal with the ex. She was protecting herself at the expense of incredible pain on the parts of her ex husband and her kids...and it appears, other friends of the family.

I hope that email was like an icicle in her heart.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Characters

I will really hate this story if they end up reconciling.

Glenda_FiddichGlenda_Fiddichabout 12 years ago
super!

Back to form. Great stuff

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
This is fun!

Any consider that "she loves them and leaves them" and her pattern is to never go back and face what she has done. Meaning she really does not love Hugh and frankly doesn't want to be around him. Oh! and she is selfish...duh! Look at what she is doing to her children and Brandy! I'm thinking this isn't about love lost so much as it is about one very sick puppy (Mary) and the devastation she brings to those around her.

tazz317tazz317about 12 years ago
GHOST AND CLOUDS IN DAYLIGHT

are hard to fighten or blow away. TK U MLJ LV NV

LordSlamdawggLordSlamdawggabout 12 years ago
Alert ! Alert ! Story is Officially Running on fumes !

This guy is a mussel, not 'the muscle' ! He's dull & the only mystery is why she didn't the ! Sinatra went into a tailspin for years after losing Ava Gardener in her prime. That I get .

Let's get real. 57 year old women have their charms, no doubt. But if one busts you up for years then you were a mere thin shelled Ho-Hum - Hump-me Dump-me waiting to happen.

scylla23scylla23about 12 years ago
Great writing skill, but don't care about the characters

As has been said many times before, you're a great writer, and this story is no exception, in terms of literary "skill". Unfortunately, the characters are nearly impossible to root for (or against...). By keeping Mary offstage for so long, she's just a cartoon foil for Hugh. Ok, we all think she's evil, but we're obviously missing a key part, presumably to be revealed in the last part. Trouble is, I don't really care any more.

The nastygram Hugh sent to her office is too little, too late, and out of character for how you've portrayed him, especially after the scene where he admonishes his son for bad mouthing her.

I'll keep reading to the end because I like your writing style, but I'm having a hard time staying invested in what happens.

Respectfully,

Scylla

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
this writer remind me of the english writers who like cockold and weak men.

always trying to find a way to get back together with a cheating whore.all his stories are about men who can keep their women.get over her and move on.you acting like a little bitch.

DunaDunaabout 12 years ago

Unfortunately this story plot goes either to a RAAC or loneliness directions. I hope I am wrong............I prefer after betrayal a new woman stories.

BobNbobbiBobNbobbiabout 12 years ago
It seems as though I am looking . . .

. . . at this story in a kaleidoscope where you give a slight twist on the barrel and six new patterns appear, or maybe backwards through a telescope and loosing all definition and detail. I'm trusting the author on this one, but I have no real idea what story DQS is really trying to tell.

'Nuff said for now!

StangStar06StangStar06about 12 years ago
Great Story

I call this part of the story development because it sets the mood and the scene for the next part which I hope DQS doesn't get angry for giving it away but the next part is awesome! It may be the most explosive thing emotionally that I've read this year. This part leads into that and it really is very good. Once again it's his story let's let him tell it.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
great story

and my hunch is that the cheating ex wife is about to hit the ground and crater, big time.

guess we'll see if I'm right soon enough.

NeuroBillNeuroBillabout 12 years ago
?

With a writer of the quality of Mr. Steele, I am willing to give him the benefit of a doubt. His stories, 'Separate Vacations" and "Moment of Clarity" are marvels of insight. His epic, "When we were married" is just a grand story. Maybe Ghosts & Shadows should have been submitted intact and complete to reach his past level of skill, but then, I admit that I am not a writer. Still, where is this going? What is the conflict or issue that builds the dynamics in this story? What is with Mary's actions...fundamentally, there is no hint of an explanation? The lack of a focus or even a path towards 'what's next' seems to be detracting from a stylish writer and that reduces my interest. Because of his past writings and because I believe rabbits do emerge from hats, I'll give him the benefit of "next chapter (or two)." I can only hope, although my limited view sees naught, that a well-crafted story emerges.

ILienBagbyILienBagbyabout 12 years ago
This is a

more than wonderful story. I don't have to like Mary to feel for her....yes, she is taking the easy way out (for her)....but doesn't that just indicate a terrible weakness, a sad inability to face up to the consequences of her bad decisions?

I do have an interest in Mary, her thinking, motivation and suffering and a feeling of pity (maybe compassion) for her because through Hugh's actions and feelings (even the e-mail) any careful reader will see that she, Mary, is a person of same worth....Hugh wouldn't have the feelings for her that he has were she not worth caring about.

DanielQSteele is a writer of depth and feeling....and a writer who keeps the pace of his stories exciting....I have admired, liked, enjoyed and loved a few writers here at Literotica, but none have kept me thinking about their characters and none have kept me waiting for their next chapters with as much intensity as DanielQSteele has.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
What crap

The e-mail to the ex-wife was garbage. I suspect even a hack like you could have written something better than that, so I presume you deliberately wrote something so over-the-top awful as to set this poor sap up for playing the "bad guy" in the last chapter. What, is he going to realize that despite all, he "wronged her", beg her for forgiveness, and suck her ass? This was not pleasant, even to skim. What a wimp. I would have enjoyed it more if he had skipped the moronic e-mail, skipped the wedding, and refused to ever speak to Brandy again. But fuck you for posting this story.

digdaddyrichdigdaddyrichabout 12 years ago
I am very curious as to why she is being so cold towards her ex-husband

There must be something the author hasn't told us about the life of Mary, or her past, before she just up and walked out of her life with her husband, and why she is so against seeing him.

The story is becoming almost like a mystery to me.

Perhaps, I'm reading too much into the story, and should just wait to see what unfolds.

I keep going back to the man she was almost engaged to, and who she cheated on with Hugh, before she was married to Hugh. This character fits in somewhere, but I just don't know where yet.

A great story that has me grasping for straws to see where the plot is going. Where ever the plot takes us, I'm sure I'll enjoy reading it.

Thanks for the good read.

t_i_n_at_i_n_aabout 12 years ago
As I said before:

You create emotions about your characters in us, and then you nurture those emotions, toy with our emotions and expectations, and then just keep on keeping on.

Great read!

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightabout 12 years ago
Q can write.

We all know that, and perhaps the proof is how interested we become in a rather frequently used plot. My small problem is how long these characters hang on to their mad, their love, their need, and their misery. We all know people that have been divorced or widowed. They are sad for a period of time, but seldom years and years. Our hero should have manned up by now and either be in a strong relationship, or have a bevy of bangable babes in his stable. He is smart, rich, and powerful, but weak, foolish, and emotionally starved. Mary, if we can believe the rumors, has failed to get over her betrayal of her husband. That gives us two smart, dumb, strong, weak, rational, and insane people.

Lord_GroLord_Groabout 12 years ago
Hmph...

...I don't normally comment on the middle installments of a serialized piece, because I think each story really needs to be considered as a whole, and you just can't do that when you haven't read it all. But in this case I feel forced to observe that a quote from Mark Twain seems particularly pertinent to the characters' present situation:

"It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so."

That having been said, DQS1, I have to say that you're doing your usual masterful job of shaping the narrative. I'm looking forward to reading the remainder of the tale.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
psycho

As another commentator noted the wife seems to be an over the top charactor. Hugh is portrayed as a saint so I am quessing the ex is nuts. The story is interesting though.

gatorhermitgatorhermitabout 12 years ago
What HDK said...

...ditto ditto ditto. My only addition is that DQS should be writing soaps. Weird, sexy, convoluted, complex soaps.

bruce22bruce22about 12 years ago
Powerful Stuff!

DQ should really go professional. I would not worry about the fact that plotline is not really that exclusive. None are. The writing though makes it all very tense and gripping. How can she justify her actions? What motivates her? She reminds me of some of Angiquesophie's heroines....

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
One interesting insight-

We have seen similar plots before; even pining for the unfaithful wife years later . If the writing is good, then the commitment to a dead marriage is believable. But here, as with WWWM, stretching out the plot with limited movement borders on melodrama.

However, one good insight. The son looking at his marriage and loving wife. If his mother can do it after 30+ yrs, why not her? Like Pandora, I think Mary's actions can effect not only Stoic Hugh (who thankfully becomes less marble like in this episode) and the kids, but the KID's marriages as well. The seed of doubt. That is a new idea for LW stories and is worth exploring.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
email

Hugh's email to Mary was great. He vented, finally stood up and blasted her like she deserved. Whether she cared or not was not the point. Now what happens next. I think DQS has painted himself into a corner. Love the story and look forward to next chapter.

Woodbine68

BTTapBTTapabout 12 years ago
And the mystery continues

the email was great. Had to be cathartic for the guy who was letting his grief eat him from the inside. Good God, the man you created was in denial for almost 2 years! I doubt Mary was a cheating bitch the whole time, but he needed to say it and to vent it. We may never understand her reasons for leaving the other guy, or for getting with him at all. I still think it was her shame that made her leave hubby and completely cut off contact. But, maybe she wants to be with him, but knows that they can't until he goes through the whole grief process. So, maybe in her own way, she has been trying to get him through the whole process (force him, in a way) so that they can try to give it another go.

My musings don't mean shit, of course. I am still interested in finding out the "why" of Mary's relationship with the asshole, as well as the "why" of her strange, unyeilding behavior vis a vis the man she victimized. I guess we'll find out....

Well written emotional stuff.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
the wedding thing was awful

His daughter tells him to stay away from the wedding because the mother / ex wife .. the one who cheated and destroyed the family .. might not show up?

Matt Moreau meet DQS1

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
How can anyone like this blather?

Does DSQ have a play book? Invent a horrific wife who is so despicible she is unreal except on the evening news, have torn kids that will love her and favor her even if she goes on a genocidal rampage because despite how evil she is, she is our mother, have a pathetic man who out of a sense of masculine duty allows his ex and kids to exclude him from their lives, even if by neglect, who is a stupid father that stumbles on proudly, a cartoon pompous martyr out of the worst of Slircuck and Hard Days Cuck, and he is broken and maimed, but stumbles on, loyal to the piece of shit idiots that surround him. Holy crap this is drivel. WWWM was beyond self indulgent trash, it this isn't far behind. It is just crap. I feel a deranged JPB story is more realistic. And if you have a repetative playbook with cartoon characters, at least make them fun like StangStar does.

Harryin VAHarryin VAabout 12 years ago
this is great stuff? are you folks like Morons?

Nothing but massive humilation upon humiliation upon Hugh the worlds biggest pussy. It is WAAAAAAAAAAAAY over the top and it is killing the story>

Back in Part 1 both of Hugh 's well edcuated grown up professional children IMMEDIATELY blamed Hugh and made wild accusations against him. But this is far worse and far more humilating .

FIRST the daughter reveals that she knows the wife/ mother and her lover relationship is over and she is no longer in Chicago. Hugh deduces...quite correctly...

...".and she didn't come back to me. She never even thought about it, did she?"

SECOND ... even more Humilating for Hugh is that the DAUGHTER pushes and pleads for Hugh to contact Mary the wife/ mother.

"She needs a friend, Dad, she needs you. She will never tell you or let you know, but she's dying, dying inside. She's not the woman we've always known. Could you try to contact her, for me and Peter. I know it will be hard for you but, you can do anything..."

so Hugh tries and tries and Tries and tries... Humilates himself time after time after time !!! Hugh actually ends up writing a nasty email to the wife's law firm through the Public web site... filled with curse words ....screaming ...ranting and ..raving .

And keep in mind Hugh is SUPPOSE to be this distinguished banker!!!!..

THIRD... EVEN worse... . Hugh NEVER ever tells the daughter attempt any of this. About Mary's refusal to talk to him... Nicole does not even bother to aks .." say Daddy have you tried contacting Mom ? ..."

FOURTH ...But WAIT... it gets far worse... the daughter tells Hugh to actually stay away from the close family friend wedding because other wise MOMMY *** THE PERSON WHO ACTUALLY CHEATED and LIED and BROKE UP THE FAMILY *** would now show up.

oh My fucking god ... do his kids have NO shame?

Harryin VAHarryin VAabout 12 years ago
forced reconciliation coming

watch and see... someone is going to be in an accident or get AIDS or a heart attacks or cancer... and that will start the road to reconciliation.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago

WHAT A FUCKING HEAP OF SHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Well Written Story

I can think of a number of scenarios in the next chapters. Looking forward to the author's version. DQS1, very well done so far. Hope you bring the confrontation with the ex wife to the forefront. It has to happen sometime. Just don't drag it out for too long.

But really, after 2 years? Hugh's kids keep tormenting him. What's up with that? When are they going to see the ramififcations of their actions? Will they engineer the first face to face meeting? That's just one scenario I'm thinking of. But then again, pissing on her grave isn't bad either.

I agree Harryin VA. Something tragic is in the works. That's one of many scenarios I'm thinking of. I guess we'll have to wait and see.

BTTapBTTapabout 12 years ago
I usually don't go after commenters...

....but I don't get HarryVag's critiques of the children.

He concludes that they have been behaving shamelessly. I don't see it. At all.

Contrary to HarryVag's assertions, in Part 1 neither of them hurl accusations against him. They don't make a meaningful appearance until Part 2, and son doesn't ever make even a suggestion that his father did anything wrong. The daughter, confused and being kept in the dark, upon realizing that her mother has left her father and is filing for divorce, asks, seemingly to her embarrassment, ASKS if her father had cheated on her mother-it was the only thing that could explain her mother's bizarre behavior. He denies it, she's okay with that.

Son NEVER even asks dad if he did anything wrong. He is just mystified. In fact, he is so on the father's side that he decides to cut off his mother. It is his father who not only challenges him on that decision, but basically threatens to cut son off if he does such a thing. I can't see how son could have been more in his dad's corner.

She does ask her father if he can reach out to her mother. But, only after he volunteers that he still sees her mother as his friend-or at least that he is willing to be her friend. Daughter sees her mother in pain, dying inside, wasting away, etc. She is seriously worried about her. She knows she is asking a lot of her father, but he volunteers that he already sent her mother an email saying that he was there for her as a friend and would talk to her. Daughter is also probably desparate to see a miracle reconciliation. Was her request selfish? Perhaps. But it seems clear that her concern is for her mother's well-being (dad's well-being be damned? Maybe.). She wasn't asking her father to do more than he had already done-extend the olive branch to her mother.

As HarryVag points out, his repeated attempts are rebuffed with rude avoidance. So be it-he tried. He follows this with the best "Fuck You Bitch" email I have ever read (finally, some fucking balls; and, more importantly, some honesty about his emotions).

Daughter's remaining sin? She is given the job to be the bearer of bad news. Mom won't come to close family friend's wedding if dad goes. So....the bride has decided...she regretfully has to pick one or the other....so....maybe dad shouldn't come? Daughter didn't make this decision-but she was the one on whom it fell to deliver the news. The "surrogate daughter" should have called herself-the frightened coward-but whatever. The Daughter doesn't excuse mom's behavior. But, she takes on the responsiblity to break the news to dad. Not sure how that makes her a monster. Was she supposed to say to her best friend " Fuck you! You don't invite my dad, and I won't be in your wedding either!"? C'mon.

The disappointment of the 'uninvite' didn't really come across for me, in any event, since this "surrogate daughter" was never mentioned in any of the previous chapters, so the significance of the relationship didn't really hit home for me anyway. I mean, Dad was so close to her that she never entered into the discussions or considerations about his divorce, and he hadn't met the fiance before the wedding and he didn't even know she was going to get married until asked (again, by daughter?????) some short time before the wedding? That was a failing of the author.

Anyway, it seems that HarryVag was looking for a reason to bitch about the characters of the children without really considering whether they deserved his wrath or not. It's those kinds of rants-with little or no thought or substance-just bile; that put him into the ridiculous category. Forget his meanness, rudeness and ad hominem attacks; I can tolerate them, when he actually has a defensible point. Here, he doesn't.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
bombastic, belligerent, bellicose

HIV is a capable troll but at least he isn't a certifiable nutcase like duna.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Am loving this story so far......

Keep it up.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Its all about Mary

We still don't know who Mary. We know that Hugh was still in love/infatuated with her after being married to her for 36 years. We know that Hugh thinks she is beautiful and that everyone thought they had a perfect marriage. We also know that Mary is impressed with her own beauty and its affects on other men. She bragged/laughed about it with Hugh. We know that Mary chose to have a job that took her away from her family. She was gone more than she was home and they didn't need the money. The job was selling textbooks not curing the sick, helping the helpless or anything noble. She chose to be away from her family.

Hugh still believes that her affair with Kelly was the only one but has doubts. How could a 57 year old woman be faithful for all of these years and fall for him? Kelly was a 45 year old married man who seduced her through a crank call/phone sex. She chooses to destroy her marriage by carrying on with him and was dishonest when confronted with the evidence of her affair. When caught, Mary doesn't apologize, promise to fix things, try to save her marriage and family. Mary goes to Kelly without any care to what is happening to her family or Kelly's. She treats Hugh as if she caught him in bed with their daughter or best friend when she got back from one of her trips.

Mary didn't want to marry Hugh because she feared he would do to her what she is doing to him. This is unbelievable. The kids want the parents to reconcile but in the over 2 years since Mary cut off Hugh they have done nothing to bring them together. Nicole is torturing Hugh as bad as Mary. She begs her father to contact Mary but doesn't even give him a phone number or email address. (We have to ignore that the powerful Hugh could easily get this information and much more easily.) Then Nicole tells him that Brandy considers him to be her real father and wants him to give her away. This isn't just an invitation, he would be a central figure in the wedding! After he accepts, Nicole, not Brandy, tells him that Mary won't come to the wedding if he's there. Rather than use this to bring them together, Nicole agrees that Hugh should drop out so Mary, the person who chose to break up the family could go. When Hugh sees Mary at the wedding, she is not the broken up person that his kids described, she is her same beautiful self who doesn't have the decency to say hello or even acknowledge him. She runs away and creates a scene.

What kind of stuff has Mary been doing while on the road and since she ran away? What kind of person would allow Kelly to her grope her in a sexual way at the first introduction? The son didn't even know there was another man when he first checked on her. It would have been creepy enough if Mary was holding hands with Kelly or kissing him but sitting down talking with a hand on her tit is just weird.

It seems like this story is going to end without really getting any insight on why.

Vulcan_in_OhioVulcan_in_Ohioabout 12 years ago
Well-written but far-out plot

The characters' behavior is not plausible. As another intimated, there is a grieving process relating to a major loss. Denial, bargaining, anger, depression, and acceptance. Hugh has gone through some of these but is stuck in the middle. By now, any rational person would have come to terms with reality and moved on. I mean, as someone said commenting about an earlier chapter, Hugh is a tough bank troubleshooter. Hard to believe, let alone accept, his wimp-like behavior. He obviously has not had effective counseling.

His letter to the URL of the Lawfirm was childish and pointless. He should have ruined the asshole who messed up his marriage, and he should have either just said good riddance regarding the ex, or he should have flamed her too. But instead, he is a wimp and a baby. And all it would take regarding the threats from the FBI character would be a recording of said threats released to the news media plus a big lawsuit (hey, maybe hire Mary's Lawfirm to represent the bank -- dramatic irony and maybe silliness rolled into one). It would not be any less probable than the plot so far . . . Four stars for good writing (but could have been five if the plot had more credibility).

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
typical DQS1

Wife is selfish slut, husband is a pitiful vimp.But he want ex /slut back

1*

Harryin VAHarryin VAabout 12 years ago
BTTP -- never let opinion stand in the way of facts

BTTP while you say you dont agree with me... after readfing your post ot seesm like you agree with me on at least half of my points.

First the FACTS from Part 2 chapter 3... this is what the daughter ACTUALLY says and to MOST folks this is an accusation

"Did you do something? Did you – have an affair? That's the only thing I can possibly think of that could explain this - if you're serious. I can't believe it, but that's the ONLY reason I could ever see why mom would divorce you. Even then I would find it hard to believe."

2nd about trying to contact Mom/ ex wife

You concede that her request was selfish -- so you agree with me

then you also concede "As HarryVag points out, his repeated attempts are rebuffed with rude avoidance."

so far Bttp you seem to be agreeing with me an awful lot. However the KEY POINT is that Hugh humiliates himself time after tme trying to met his daughters request... yet he NEVER tells her and the daughtern never asks

THIS is WHY the wedding thing was so bad. PRESUMABLY if the daughter knew how shitty the mom/ ex wife was treating High and how he had humiliated himself trying to please the daughter... than the daughter never would of asked

him NOT to go to the wedding

lastly you state "The Daughter didn't make this decision-but she was the one on whom it fell to deliver the news."

how the fuck do you KNOW that? stop making up facts

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Neither will be happy

This is part of the "Broken Heart Universe" which usually means a sad ending for both. Based on the next installment, her behavior is even more bizzarre, when it is posted here, I am sure you will agree, way out there.

The only thing more bizzarre would be a brain tumour as the reason for her behaviour. They reconcile, and then she dies leaving him a broken heart. Hugh who never cheated will be sad the rest of his life. Say it isn't so Steele? Don't cop out on us.

BTTapBTTapabout 12 years ago
Didn't make the connection at first

but is the new hubby of the almost-daughter the hero from Moment of Clarity? I think so, but it is not clear. If so, pretty good tie-in, and I'm happy for the guy (though he gets to get involved with another f***ed up family, or two, from the greater Jacksonville area).

@HarryVa-It's called inductive reasoning, not making up facts. Based upon experience and common sense, one would assume that the bride has the final say on all matters relating to who will or won't be in her wedding. In the same way the daughter requested, on behalf of the bride, that hubby give the bride away, one can reasonably presume that she didn't, on her own initiative, suggest to her father that he not come after all.

So, since it is reasonable to conclude that the daughter did not of her own volition decide that her father should not come to the wedding, she is guilty only of being the mouthpiece to let him know. And, it was obviously hard for her to do. Hardly shameless behavior.

Other than that, we have an honest question about whether the father did something to trigger mom acting so bizarrely-a fair question under the circumstances. She believed him when he denied having an affair. Finally, we have her request that he reach out to mother. He said he had already done so, and he said that he wanted to be her friend. Picking up on that, daughter confirms that dad really means that. After getting a 'yes' she shares that mom is miserable, and could really use a friend. She asks if he will go ahead and reach out to her again. He agrees. That is arguably the ONLY shoddy treatment from daughter to father-asking him to reach out to mom and try to be a friend-something he had already done once. Wow, that's quite a demanding and insensitive imposition! She didn't give him mom's phone number? So what? Did he ask for it? He already said he had emailed her, so presumably he knew how to reach her. And, as another commenter stated, he is a resourceful man, he knew where she worked, so I assume he would have no problem tracking her down for a phone number (and he didn't). If you are the type to take offense when a friend or family member asks you to call someone and then forgets or otherwise fails to give you the phone number, then it must be a touchy proposition to be in a relationship with you.

On the basis of that, you attack her as shameless, implying that she is heaping the humiliation upon her father. I just don't see it. You also lumped the son into this, and yet he didn't do ANYTHING even remotely offensive to his father.

So, no, I don't agree with you.

nwhalernwhalerabout 12 years ago
A nice portrayal (albeit unrealistic) of a family filled with cowardly/selfish/weak characters

1. Husband is an weak, irrational wimp.

2. Wife is a selfish shrew.

3. Daughter is an immature ditz or is an ignorant, self involved person who couldn't or wouldn't empathize with her father/ understand the depth of his wounds.

4. Son is a confused person (probably the only character worthy of sympathy) who would have benefited from being in a different family.

Harryin VAHarryin VAabout 12 years ago
BTTP... geta god damn spine

YOU WROTE

....."@HarryVa-It's called inductive reasoning, not making up facts. Based upon experience and common sense, one would assume that the bride has the final say on all matters relating to who will or won't be in her wedding. In the same way the daughter requested, on behalf of the bride, that hubby give the bride away, one can reasonably presume that she didn't, on her own initiative, suggest to her father that he not come after all.

So, since it is reasonable to conclude that the daughter did not of her own volition decide that her father should not come to the wedding, she is guilty only of being the mouthpiece to let him know. And, it was obviously hard for her to do. Hardly shameless behavior....."

Oh my god.

SO you are saying that the daughter should NOT stand up and say " Mom you cheated. You did this. I will not give this ultimatium to daddy..".

Now lers deal with about your assumed or made up facts ... that it was the Briide who asked Nicole to tell Hugh " Daddy dont come to the wedding ".

Assuming your made up facts are correct ...again the question is WHY. didnt Nicole say "um Nope sorry I am not going to do that ..."

but even worse is the fact that you think that Nicole saying something like that is UNREASONABLE

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Just a comment on the author....

I haven't read this story or anything else you have written since you selfishly took the new chapters of WWWM off Literotica after using it to build a audience. I hope you find what your looking for as a writer but I consider your writings now to be just "free samples" to test the waters with your audience before you pull new chapters away from them to feed whatever need you seem to have.

BTTapBTTapabout 12 years ago
@HarryV

This is kinda fun! I've never had a posting fued before, though you are an old hand at it.

Based upon your responses, you seem to have conceded that you were wrong to heap fault on the son. I'll consider that point won.

You haven't conceded the issue of the daughter asking (not accusing, but asking, after saying that she couldn't really believe it, but nothing else could explain the bizzare behavior of the wife) whether dad might have cheated on mom. I'll stick to my guns on that-you can have a different opinion, but I think Websters could help us understand the difference between a question and an accusation.

You haven't conceded the issue of the daughter asking dad to reach out to mom again-something he had just immediately before told her he HAD DONE of his own volition already. That, to me, is the most "shameless" behavior of the daughter. I'm not willing to damn a young woman who is concerned about her mother (who she believes really needs daddy) and asks her father to reach out to her, or just to try.

The issue you keep your fangs in is the issue of her bringing up the issue of the wedding. Note that daughter never actually tells, or even asks, daddy not to come to the wedding. Dad gets the gist of it and volunteers to stay away (which he doesn't do, btw), so that mom will come. If it was his actual daughter's wedding, and daughter was delivering this message, I would agree that it is complete bullshit. Under those circumstances, daughter should tell mom: "well, I wish you'd come, but I want my father to walk me down the aisle. I want you there, too, but if you won't come, then that's on you, because I'm not asking my father, who did nothing wrong to cause you two to break up, to stay away because you would rather not see him there." But that isn't the case here.

The bride-to-be is the daughter's best friend. Maybe she is acting badly in deciding that she would rather have her mother-figure attend rather than her father-figure attend (since the mother-figure obviously drew a line in the sand about it), but the actual daughter obviously did not make that decision. To assume she did, as Harry seems to do, is "making up facts" as much as assuming that it was the bride's decision. And, to assume the daughter made this decision about who would and would not attend HER FRIEND"S wedding (not her's), is such an absurd assumption as to be laughable.

And, I never said that the daughter refusing to deliver the message to dad would be unreasonable. Imho, she could have refused. But, maybe she thought it would be easier coming from her. Who knows? But being willing to break the bad news to daddy (for a decision that she did not make and was not her's to make), doesn't show bad behavior on her part. Perhaps (and I AM assuming here) she thought it would be easier for him to hear the bad news from her. Maybe she was trying to save the bride from having to make that difficult call. Who knows? But, you seem to want to shoot the messenger on this point.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Just a comment on the comments

Inebriated morons bickering, insecure half-men bitching, closet cuckolds whinging, explains why the eunuchs have driven quality authors out to make room for semi--literate cuck story after cuck story. Not one red H in 30 days in LW? Probably longer. Considering the volume of stories posted in this category it defies explanation. Here is why:

#1 on the agenda of these cockless wonders is the replacement of well written/edited stories with barely readable trash. Diarrhea written on a 5th grade level is praised by these simpletons if "the cunt-slut died." My son in law used that language about my daughter once while they were broken up; I stomped his shitty ass but good. Guess he sticks to commenting on a fuck story site now just like the rest of these puke bags.

These pencil dicked virgins fawn all over "see sopt runn" if a woman gets hurt and screech like banshees after reading every single chapter of the wife watching or sharing shit.Congratulations to the brainless trash who've managed to transform Loving Wives into a club for misogynistic misanthropes and clueless cowardly closet cuckolds. At least here you'll be safe from angry fathers monkey-stomping your shitty asses.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Great read!

Hurry up and write the next chapters please!!! I can't wait to read them. Excellent thus far!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
LOL@ the anonymous who is threatening to stomp every non-wimp ass here

To the Scary Threatening Anonymous Father

It is ok if your daughter was a slut who cheated on her husband.

It is ok if her husband kicked your ass and you had to lie about it on the internet to salvage your pride.

It is ok if you don't mind taking back your cheating daughter ( or maybe even wife) and expect it to be a sign of proper raising and manliness.

There are men out there who don't like to be cuckolds and would stomp your ass if you said that they couldn't or shouldn't kick out their wives.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
LOL@ the anonymous who is threatening to stomp every non-wimp ass here

To the Scary Threatening Anonymous Father

It is ok if your daughter was a slut who cheated on her husband.

It is ok if her husband kicked your ass and you had to lie about it on the internet to salvage your pride.

It is ok if you don't mind taking back your cheating daughter ( or maybe even wife) and expect it to be a sign of proper raising and manliness.

There are men out there who don't like to be cuckolds and would stomp your ass if you said that they couldn't or shouldn't kick out their wives.

BTTapBTTapabout 12 years ago
@Anon

Funniest comment in a long time (even if I was lumped in to the "inebriated morons bickering" category-fair is fair).

I recognize your writing style-I've seen your comments all over the LW stories of late.

Where do you fit in?

You want high-quality strokable LW stories? Should be plenty on the site. Instead, you seem to be spending all your time bitching about all the stories and commenters you don't like. How is that different from the behavior of your imagined "closet cucks" (how do you know so much about them, anyway?) who you envision beating off to cuck stories and then blasting them out of some sort of guilt/self-disgust?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
sensing some fear

not sure what a non-wimp ass is but getting scared and perceiving threats firmly ensconces you into the trembling bed wetter category. do not worry, this is your safe haven, the big bad internet scary man can't hurt you here. change your pissy britches and keep on flaming!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
@ Anon

You are no different than Harry or other trolls. You obviously like to rile up the "low information" cuckolds and semi-literate closet-cases but how is that different? Reminds me of torturing cockroaches or mocking the mentally-challenged. Leave them to wallow in their misery.

Glenda_FiddichGlenda_Fiddichabout 12 years ago
lololol

This is great! I've never witnessed an ongoing commentator feud before and I'm finding it almost as enjoyable as the story itself. Almost.

Funniest phrase? 'To the Scary Threatening Anonymous Father'. Shit I'm still laughing.

To add my two bits to BT and Harry's dialectic. I don't see the daughter's behaviour as all that bad. There is nothing selfish, I don't think anyway, in wanting your mother to be happier. Since she believes that only her father can help she asks him for it. After all he'd told that he wanted to be friend so why not? Maybe something for both of them in the long run.

On the wedding, well she was put in an impossible position. And it was Brandi who really should have taken the high moral ground and said: 'well I'm sorry you feel that way Mary. While I'd still love for you to come to the wedding, you don't get to impose conditions on you attendance. Particularly that I can't have my adoptive father give me away'.

Harry on other hand focuses on the pain that Mary, Brandy and Nicole as the chosen messenger deliver to Hugh again. That there was no embarrassment on Nichole and Brandi's behalf indicates to me that they really did't properly consider what they were doing to Hugh - or did't care. And from that perspective I see Harry's point. They have allowed themselves to used into hurting Harry, as a proxy for Mary.

Harry but why do you discard the whole story as crap because of this, I feel, relatively minor point?

For myself, am I alone in seeing something else going on? We have hints: Gail's behaviour with Robert. Knowing that the point of all forgiveness has been passed she refuses to have Robert's name mentioned around her. A mechanism for hiding from her guilt? It seems so, given her dialogue with Hugh at that time. So maybe an explanation for Mary's behaviour. A guide anyway.

Hugh has a gift for hiding his true feelings. We find them out for definite from the email. But there were hints before. In a reflection on his drunken binge he thinks of Nichols: :'it was't her fault that her other turned out to be a cheating whore'.

To Gail he says: 'There is nothing for her to come back to...'

To Peter he says that he never regretted one second of his marriage to Mary. But the email, the words that he tells us he has carried within him since the day of Mary's confession, tells us something else, even to the extent of regretting his children.

I suspect that Mary knows only too well that there is absolutely no hope for reconciliation and this is why she denies so hard and after the confession makes no attempt. She can't be friends since every contact with Hugh would remind of what was lost. So she runs and pushes Hugh further away. Is she fighting for sanity? Think about her initial answer to his marriage proposal. And didn't he leave her even though it was her own fault.

Why the affair? Just sex I think. It seems to be common enough that a woman's libido can increase through age while a man's decreases. And Hugh has freely admitted that his prowess has decreased. I think that Mary tucked up, got caught, and is having trouble living with the guilt and loss and is running hard from herself as well as Hugh.

But I think that Hugh knows that. And I think that Hugh is now finally over her and i'm interested in his motives re the wedding. You see he tricked Nichole about the wedding the email really did give Mary a solid reason not to go to the wedding. But Nicole doesn't know that.

Not only has he tricked Nicole but Mary as well. So Mary has now been forced to look into the eyes of her ex. And if you know that someone is wracked with guilt and may be suicidal then you maybe, in hating her, reminder of exactly what she did. Hmm, I thought that photo as a wedding present was unusual and it made the girls cry. Will they show it to Mary?

Is he that clever. Disengenuous? Unforgiving?

Wow! Didn't mean this to go on so long.

Slan.

DunaDunaabout 12 years ago
A longer answer

@ Anon I will answer you, but my answer will be longer. Could you be so kind reading words after words and look at the examples from the NET…………….

1. For somebody whose dick is small you start to rebuild the Nazi and Stalinism dead camps to kill them, because your anger shows that direction . Or you would like the small cocked men to chase getting suicide!!!! The small cocked men terrible people the TRASH OF THE MANKIND ACCORDING TO YOU!!!!! Your opinion for the small cocked men only the CREAMPIEEATING FROM OTHER MEN ONLY!!!!!????? First it all the women sexual request and pussy sizes ARE NOT SAME. The most biological things found on the GAUSS CURVE. The pussy size and women sexual requests are on GAUSS CURVE. Yes the small cocked men are not good for every woman they could live only 50% of the women for both hapiness. However I offer you reading these examples from the NET.

http://ehealthforum.com/health/topic118366.html

http://www.essortment.com/sexual-faqs-xiii---painful-intercourse-other-answers-39298.html

http://www.answerbag.com/q_view/477958

http://ask.metafilter.com/62983/Is-my-large-penis-going-to-kill-my-happy-relationship

http://www.steadyhealth.com/cervix_pain_during_sex__t165258.html

http://sexuality.about.com/od/sexualhealthqanda/a/penis_too_big.htm

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_does_a_big_penis_feel_like

Very interesting many of the women have problem with the BIG COCKS.

Could you look at my examples from the NET????? Yes 50% of the women have to have big cocks, the small cocked men SHOULD AVOID THEM There are a Hungarian way of saying every keys have the compiling key hole.. However the life is not simple the mail tickets also important factor for the big dick lover wives. Why problem such stories where a small dicked man save many interst, money deposite from a cheating big dick loving wife and he finds happiness with such a woman who is not big dick lover but she gets pain from a big dick. ACCORDING YOU A SMALL DICKED MAN SHOULD GIVE MEAL TICKETS FOR ALL LIFE FOR A SLUT WIFE!!!!!???? AND HE SHOULD EAT CREAMPIES ALMOST EVERYDAY!!!! For you this is erotic???????

2. Revenge stories are a new litareture genre. It may be the ancestors is Beaumarchais Da Ponte and Mozart Marriage of Figaro. Somebody wrote somewhere Gerhard Haupmann have a novell about a husband who kicks his cheating wife to the curb and she suffered after the divorce. From the end of the XIX there was a French playwrite who wrote a humorouse romantic revenge commedy (because that time the divorce law started in France), I saw on the Hungarian TV in the 70s.These were a rarly exceptions from the mainstream literature, where the cuckolds were the main source of the humor as Bocaccio, a Hungarian writer’s story title shows this humor „Kakukk Marci” (Marci is Martin’s Nick name) by Tersanszky Józsi Jenő or the great Authors were pro the cheating wives as Tolstoy or Flaubert. The World was ruled cruel, abusing, drunk, etc husbands and the great writers were pro the fragile women This genre was born the disappearing of the fragile women with last third of the XX Century. The cruel, abuser husbands became a minority of the male population and Naturaly I am beside the abused suffer women against the violant husbands. If the husband cheats the wife takes the exhusband cleaners and she gets the custody. If the wife cheats the wife takes the exhusband cleaners and she gets the custody. This is Why is a problem to read such a story where a smart husband or his friend do excellent sometime humorous revenge on the cheating wife and I LIKE VERY MUCH THOSE STORIES WHERE THE EXHUSBAND FINDS A SECOND WOMAN AND HE LIVE WITH THE NEW WIFE MORE HAPPINESS (WITH COMMON DNA TEST PROOF CHILDREN) AS EARLIER.

3. According to you, that man likes women who likes his wife is fucked by strangers????? High percentage of the revenge/consequence stories the exhusbands find second wife or second woman. Why is problem that for you how the the exhusband finds second woman instead of remaining to eat creampies, to suck cocks of hiswife’s loverboys (plural). DO YOU FORBIDE THE DIVORCE IN THE WESTERN CULTURE AND YOU OBLIDGE EVERY BETRAYED HUSBAND TO BE CUCKOLD FOREVER IN THEIR LIFE AND YOU OBLADGE THE BETRAYED HUSBANDS TO PAY MEAL TICKETS FOREVER (In Ireland the divorce has been free for some years.)?????? I write my comment for short revenge/consequence stories I prefer those stories where there is an aftermath with new woman for the exhusbands. Why is problem those stories (Romantic and Modern Figaro Type Revenge stories) where a exhusband finds the true second wife or mate for him after a betrayal and why is problem those readers who like those characters who climb out from a emotional deep hole to the shinesine sometime with good erotic scene??????

4. The good revenge stories can give our some betrayed fellow buddies to heal up from the emotional shock. They should lick their wound to be ready for GETTING SUICIDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!??????????????

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
good read

Good read but if i had two kids like the main character has and they acted the way his are they would not be my kids any longer. The ex wive can act anyway she wants but the kids still put the onus on the father to give his happiness a rest to make the mother live easier you can only hope it happen to them and their mates play them for fools.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
steer clear of duna

that crazy albanian just goes on and on about screwing animals when he isn't preaching about cuckoldry. maybe if we pretend he isn't there he'll go away?

Harryin VAHarryin VAabout 12 years ago
is Harry IN VA a "TROLL?"

I am not sure what others define as a Internet troll... But I am a little amazed after all this time why people think that I... Harry IN VA .... am a troll. Do some of you really think that I am posting all this feedback just to throw bombs out there and cause chaos and confusion?

That certainly is not my intent although I do have to admit that in a mystical sense a lot of chaos and discord seems to follow the matter where I go...LOL...

If you look on the postings of the feedback page I am 9th in terms of making the MOST posts / feedback. And I never post under anonymous headings. Do you really think that I am just a troll after making all those posts?

Just as in this story... I think one can reasonably make a case that while my opinions are somewhat controversial for some ... I go into quite a bit of detail and analysis which ....I hope most authors.... actually enjoy. It means I am giving their work serious insight and consideration . In fact .... with any serious LW story No one has EVER seen the comment for me " throw the bitch to the curb". ( with some silly JPB stories... well thats a different matter ).

I think that I ... and others ...can make the case that when I do make a controversial post that made piss YOU off ... other readers may feel inclined to comment about my analysis and points I am making ( or trying to make). That actually increases participation in the story by readers and I think it makes the story more popular with respect to the authors.

All of "THAT" is intentional! DQS1 is a serious author who puts out some really good work. Moreover If one were to go back and look at some of his other stuff that he has written I have given him a lot of praise. However in this case I do not like THIS story and I stated the SEVERAL reasons why.

It's OK if you think I am the biggest asshole on the planet for the thinking what I do ... But I am not in any way a troll.

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveabout 12 years ago
Interesting

What I'd like to know is what did Hugh do so bad that Mary won't even acknowledge his presence. I'll read on...

DunaDunaabout 12 years ago
Against our debate Harry is not troll

1. I am one of them who is not biased with Harry. It may be his humor sense as the much majority of the American citizens are lower as a Central Europen has (SS06 and FM are exceptions), However it is the problem of the Americans, they enjoy less of the World.

2. He may be a difficult discuss participiant (I could tell about it), but his opinion about the stories is interesting. Sometime I do not agree with him (70%).

BUT HE IS NOT TROLL AT ALL.

BTW He and me got role one and one StangStar06's stories, against the Anonym trolls.

Sidney43Sidney43about 12 years ago

Well, I can laugh at myself for biting big time on the red herring that DQS put in the story about the boyfriend and hand on the breast in front of the Son. I am just going to read till the end and then comment, but will say that I think the email from Hugh was over the top and uncharacteristic of him. It is confusing for the kids to tell Hugh that he should contact her, but she refuses all efforts. I can't make sense of the story, so am not going to try.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
a betrayal

a meaty cock is smoked, a cornhole is buggered, betrayed!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Harry isn't really a troll

Winterfrog would say he "plays for the A team" as in, he is a drunken buffoon. Outside of a few no-lifers, noone even reads his incoherent rants.

The best thing that ever happened for shut-ins was the internet online community. Interaction and communication with other anonymous shut-ins provides a needed social aspect to their lives.

It doesn't hurt anyone (after all, noone is forcing anyone to read any comments) so let the socially retarded shut-ins spaz out all they want. FFS, the mental midgets screaming "i hate chuckholes" pollute this site more than Harry.

DunaDunaabout 12 years ago

The next part is on the SOL (storiesonlinine.net).

BTW SW_MO_Hermit is an excellent new cruel revenge story on the SOL, why has not he publish here on the LW??????

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
The Angel of Death has been appointed by Governor Scott to

prosecute George Zimmerman! Who better to handle this difficult case?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Damn, I almost vomited!

Not at the story, but the comments. Fuck it--I'll never read them again.

DQ--I like it, as I do all your stories. Thanks for writing.

tom anon

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Hey anonymous dad.

keep on keeping on dude. Good job.

(Already commented on story)

Rossini12Rossini12about 12 years ago
Excellwnt story.

Very believable - taken from real life I am sure. Well written, more please from this author.

I do not understand most of the other comments on this story... it must be over their heads.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Long marriage

My wife and I have been married for more than 50 years, and I find ti difficult to read a story about a long term marriage that disintegrated.

Lord_GroLord_Groabout 12 years ago
Harryin VA

The problem with your diatribes, I think, is that you want to insist that everybody's characters be limited to behaviors that you approve of. The problem with that position is, (to borrow some phraseology from the late J.B.S. Haldane,) that the possible range of human behaviors is not only broader than we imagine, it is broader than we CAN imagine. Or, in your case at least, broader than you are WILLING to imagine.

Why not just let the author tell the story, without driving your blood pressure into the stratosphere because it wasn't written as you would prefer.

Either that, or submit your own stories and show us all how it OUGHT to be done.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Keep in mind Lord Gro

Many of the serial commenters on this board have limited life experience and a myopic view on the world. DWorncock is a good example of someone who deems everything beyond their own narrow experience as impossible. Life as a shut-in is safe but pretty unexciting, except for the occasional flame war on the internet :)

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Wil he ever take his balls out of her purse?

Yes he writes a nasty email which may or may not have seen but he still has done nothing but bend over backwards and let her take him up the arse. Case in point this wedding, why does he think Brandy needs the butch to be there more than him more importantly if she would rather have the bitch at the wedding is that really someone that you should give a shit about? I hope before this story ends he actually has some closure and acts like a man instead of a doormat.

jtmejhjtmejhabout 12 years ago

As a few people have commented I feel the Hugh character reacts a bit unrealistically in the 'step' daughters marriage.

Having observed a sitiuation close to that which you describe, ex-wife not going to daughters wedding unless ex-hubby wasn't, and then one of his daughters ringing him and asking him on behalf of sister not to come, believe it when I tell you it was not a shrug of the shoulders and a oh well too bad from dad.

It took over 10 years before they could get him to talk to them again. It was not nice or polite and caused immense family break down. It has never really been repaired even now. The dad married again had some more kids and they became his focus, his two older daughters lost out and still feel remorse and sorrow for doing it. Hell even the ex wife does but its too late now. One of the sisters is a friend.

While not all would end up this way I find it hard to believe the character developed would not feel rejected and would hardly want to contact that 'step' daughter in the future, especially as all would be aware of who cheated on whom and frankly you would be a moron not to think how hurt any decent father would be.

It would not be about male pride or mucho payback or taking the bat and ball and sulking off home, it would be about hurt pain and rejection, by ex amd THEN his two "daughters".

I imagine that the ex wifes selfishness to her step daughter would be devastating to that relationship as well. While parties may be angry they need not sit near each other and could just shut up and make the step daughters day happy.

well that my thoughts anyway

jtmejhjtmejhabout 12 years ago
Still like the story though

just a p.s. re my comments below

count2threecount2threeabout 12 years ago
Just think about that situation:

Your Bride has a step mother who just cheated on her husband of 36 years and now doesn't want to attend the wedding if said husband will be there. Then your Bride decides, that it is more important to have her cheating-slut-step-mother there than her innocent-step-father. That would really get me to think about the moral code of the woman i am about to marry wouldn't it ?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Dude, get over it.

Celebrate your past. But she's become who she's become. Be glad you're not with her.

tazz317tazz317almost 12 years ago
GHOST STILL DONT WRITE OR TALK

but they do cause people to think and remember, TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Wow

I read some of the reviews here and damn I would hate to be a writer on here. People enjoyed your writing or so many would'nt comment on it. Yes they blasted you out of the water because a strong man would never put up with this shit or would he if he loved her enough.. I can't tell you.... I for one would hit some exotic country and never look back

cliffhanger20cliffhanger20over 11 years ago
The many miles we walk.

Ya it's all about mileage. And I ain't talking about the numbers on your car. We all walk down a separate trail. And on this journey you find what makes you what are. I like this story and the only reason I didn't give it a 10 is there ain't one.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago

This is fucking depressing! Hey author why don't you sit down and make us all miserable!?!?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Intense -

There would need to be a visit from God to remove her head from her ass or to find a way to rationalize her behavior at this point.

Let's see how he does it LOL

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
just me

I would have had more respect for him if he had gone after his wifes lover than telling loyal employees they no longer had a job with which to support their families.......maybe his wife leaving was Karma.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
hubby dumb as hell

wife said didn't want too see him.leave wife alone.

monkcalmmonkcalmover 10 years ago
over the top

this is why men beat the shit out of males like this...wimps deserve to be bashed.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
2 stars

will read/ skim next chapter,,,but don't hold out for much unwimpifying happening.

the Chicago bastard, the wife took up with, should be homeless or worse.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
wtf is a monkclam anyway?

internet hard man I guess, the most pathetic of the over-compensating closet cuckolds, total fucking eunuchs to the core.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
What A Selfish Bitch!

How could she do that to someone she loved like a daughter? Surely she could have put Brand's wishes before her own. As I said what a selfish bitch!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
One star...

He sure is being turned into a spineless wimp and she continues to be a heartless slut. Can see where this is going....

KarenEKarenEover 9 years ago
Brandy

Brandy is a miserable, ungrateful CUNT!

Hugh is willing to have his ex their. SHE is the one being difficult.

The rule when some says, "I won't come if he is there," is to say, "So, sorry, we will miss you."

This is the man she wanted to give her away, not just some distant friend or relative.

To now totally dis-invite him to the wedding is disgraceful, and I would tell her to please never see or contact me again.

KarenEKarenEover 9 years ago
Brandy, Again

I'm sorry, I still can't agree with Brandy.

I'm glad Hugh went anyway, and I'm glad Brandy welcomed him, but it should NEVER have come to that.

Since HE wasn't demanding that Mary not be there, Mary had no right to try to ban Hugh.

If she couldn't stand being there when he was there, then she shouldn't go. Brandy shouldn't have given into the emotional blackmail.

rightbankrightbankabout 9 years ago
This is the real world folks, people choose sides

they don't invite both, if they have to, they make sure you are not on the same list or in the same room. And sometimes, the "innocent" party is the one who gets shunned.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
rather pathetic

hated this one. he is turning into a sad excuse of a man.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Great story and dear annony our and your momma are

sad examples of human beings!! And your wife is so fucking happy to rid of both of you!! Gave this a 5

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
karenE

So many opinions yet knows fuck all about life or people and how they are.

she infects the loving wives forums like a taliban hardliner.

Such a pathetic excuse of a human being

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
The ruination of a good story!

It was a great story up until the unprovoked and completely irrational slam to the general communications URL for the McDaniels San Francisco office. Of course his ex-wife wouldn't want to meet with him at the wedding after such a childish rant! What an unbelievable and unwelcome change you made in his character!

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333over 7 years ago
Second time through....

Still love it. Still five stars. Excellent job of creating drama and engaging the reader. I've read it before, but can't seem to pull myself away.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous