All Comments on 'Mental Patience Ch. 01'

by PayDay

Sort by:
  • 20 Comments
ReiDeBastosReiDeBastosalmost 12 years ago
False Dichotomy Much?

Look it up.

Harryin VAHarryin VAalmost 12 years ago
This essay

is stupid.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
Crap

Written by a rather nasty person.

Lord_GroLord_Groalmost 12 years ago
God just LOVES irony...

...that's why He insures that we experience so much of it.

bassdesirebassdesirealmost 12 years ago
smart and stupid humans

This is a stupid rant of poorly reasoned and rigid judgment only.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago

'A smart human cannot even say, "I'm smarter than you and you should listen to me for your own benefit,"'

...and yet you just spent an entire essay saying exactly that.

pkreed71pkreed71almost 12 years ago
Now, if only

a Smart person had written this.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
smart people...

Smart people know that proper English usage is "xxx, et cetera." [ for those that don't recognize, the long form of etc. is two words, not one, and is improperly led by the word 'and']

Even smarter people know that it is easier to write "xxx, etc."

Stupid people write "xxx.ect" [misspelling the simple three letter contraction "etc." as "ect." unless of course they truly mean it to be a contraction of "ec tetera," however I don't recall any such a words in Latin.}

However really stupid people write, "xxx, and etcetera."

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
Lincoln was not a smart human

He was a lying asshole and a war criminal. But, since the author also is not a smart human, I suppose such inept characterizations are to be expected.

huntersangelhuntersangelalmost 12 years ago
shit, i must be stupid

i just read this stupid essay, written by a stupid human. what the hell was i thinking?

i'm so much more smart than that!

KristieBechirKristieBechiralmost 12 years ago
You missed a few other things stupid people do

Stupid people also think that word play is clever, such as using 'Patience' instead of 'Patients'

Stupid people, especially on Literotica, often write, 'If you don't like my story don't read it', when smart people realize that you can't know if you like a story or not until you read it.

Stupid people also like to whine and bitch about other stupid people, because it helps them delude themselves into thinking they are one of the smart ones.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
*yawn*

I wasn't able to finish it. Did it EVER make any sense?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
Un unusual hook.

But one that, oddly, seemed to work on quite a lot of people. I can only assume - as a stupid person, seemingly - that you had something to say; perhaps I was too stupid to find it - or perhaps, just perhaps, mind - it wasn't there.

Zero stars

PayDayPayDayalmost 12 years agoAuthor
Awesome, good times.

Just wait. There's more.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
You got to feel stupid reading this

I guess it takes a stupid guy to read a stupid article written by a stupid guy.

AnomolousCowherdAnomolousCowherdalmost 12 years ago
Dogmatic Nonsense

A complete waste of time. If there were something here to debate or agree with I might do one or the other. As it is, I'll just walk off, shaking my head.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
Sad

Logically, this article is trolling, but for cost/benefit reasons I'm going to reply as if the author were sincere.

Most of this article reminded me of my more bitter days as a teen, when I was depressed. You actually have a few things right, for example that most people are stupid, that smart people recognize that there is always someone smarter, and that knowledge/skill/academics are separate from intelligence.

But none of this is really anything new or worth talking about. If you consider yourself 'smart' then you can see that this article produces no meaningful change of anhy sort in the world and is a 'waste' of your time. You should instead assume that there is already information out there about what you consider 'smart' humans.

I really recommend that the author read Nietzche (preferably in German, but in English if you don't know German) and particularly his concept of Ubermensch, the beyond-man. (The inability to translate uber correctly is one small reason to read him in German) You might find that that concept suits the type of human you're decribing far more accurately than 'smart vs stupid'.

But probably the most important thing you need to study is moral relativism. You seem to have mixed up some of your own personal moral choices into the concept, forgetting that every one of your 'smart' humans makes their own rules and judgements and may not think (for example) that destruction the only rational course.

Myself, I find the challenge of building more satisfying. Not building structures or other petty things (though those also) but building groups, movements, and changes in society to more suit my idea of 'better'. I say my idea, because each and every person who chooses to do so creates an idea of morality that is equal in value to my own. If anything, this world is a pointless contest of wills between all of the humans who choose to participate, and I choose to create because that increases my probable impact.

I'm bored with this now, and think making an enjoyable lunch for myself is more important than editing or continuing this. I hope you one day learn that we're all stupid some of the time, and that you can always find a deeper pool of knowledge.

Sincerely, someone probably far smarter than you.

ambush184ambush184almost 12 years ago
seems as if

I'm one of the really stupid ones ... or maybe not. You figure out.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
If you do not like it, do not read it.

Might one need to read it before they know whether they like it?

That statement told me I wasn't going to like it. Skip to end vote 1*.

renaissancequeenrenaissancequeenover 11 years ago
Had hoped

That it would get better as it went on and on and on (was it really only one page?). 3 stars for effort and I will read the next chapter.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous