All Comments on 'Fucking Miss Sherrie'

by Shotgun59

Sort by:
  • 3 Comments
CajunBillCajunBillalmost 12 years ago
5 for location

I am now a senior citizen. I live 30 miles southeast from Bandera. My closest friend has a step-mother named Mickie who was raised on a ranch just outside Bandera. When we were about 10 years old we started going to 'the ranch' for weekends. Mickie's parents were Bessie & Charlie since before 1920. Bessie was the daughter of Amasa Clark who is considered to be the founder of Bandera. A monument at the court house proclaims that. Clark had 4 wives & outlived them all. Bessie was his last child by a woman of 18 that he married at age 75. Clark was a veteran of the First Mexican war in 1845. He was 100 when he died. His daughter Bessie died at 102. Mickie is still alive at about 88. There is a book about Clark.

Bandera is tame by most standards today. In the 1950's the first weekend in May was the 'Bandera Stompeed' which was a combo rodeo & music event. I was in college in Louisiana when I attended & was arrested for having a beer in my hand! It was the last Stompeed.

Have you ever been to Bandera? --- Please reply. CajunBill

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
I too love the location.

I am from the Corpus area and I love the setting for the story. One of my favorite places in the world. Great story!

LoollibelleLoollibellealmost 12 years ago
Ms

I would LOVE to be Miss Sherrie for you, Danny! It would be great fun to be the material for your next story. KISSES. Please continue.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous