All Comments on 'Backstage Romance Ch. 09'

by ikhneumon

Sort by:
  • 12 Comments
canndcanndalmost 12 years ago

what was christina going on about?

good chapter. glad Daniel was finally open with him.

npiccininpiccinialmost 12 years ago

Excellent chapter, difficult to talk about but you handled it really well. A lot of readers ask for background on the characters but I usually don’t, I tend to look at it as a snapshot into their lives, live in the moment sort of thing, but in this case we needed to know about Daniel’s past. Well done!

Also… “I caught Scott's eye, and answered his inquiring arched eyebrow with as carefully blank a face as I could muster. Then, deliberately, with the thumb of one hand, I swiped the corner of my mouth” …made me laugh out loud! So out of character for Daniel but it was perfect! Looking forward to Chapter 10!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago

Both of these characters have suffered abuse. Jeff's was more subtle than Daniel's. Now, I am hoping they get a HEA. I am so grateful that this chapter was here today and feel so greedy to be begging for more already. . . but I'm begging to know what happens when Daniel and Jeff have to face the show closing. [Love the theater setting as a former stage manager!!!]

talismaniatalismaniaalmost 12 years ago
Wonderful Dialogue

The way you use dialogue to frame both the emotion and the information of Daniel's revelation to Jeff is just lovely. It pulled me into the conversation while it delivered hard, well-aimed punches. I'm glad these two found each other!

cliffgirl08cliffgirl08almost 12 years ago
Hurray for communication

I'm glad Daniel finally told Jeff about his ex, but that's an awful story, expecially with Brian dying and Daniel feeling so abandoned. The only quibble I have is the ASM reference because someone not in the theater might not remember it stands for assistant stage manager, Daniel's title.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
EXCELLENT!!

I am enjoying your story tremendously - and this chapter was great! Well written and I love the humor you infuse here and there. Also hoping for a HEA! Keep going!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
Wonderful Chapter

You've really hit the complexities of abusive relationships well. So many stories that feature abuse don't, so well done.

I find myself anxious about the next chapter. How will they handle things like opening night with Jeff's family there? If Jeff ignores Daniel in front of his family, that will reinforce all of Daniel's fears.

mattchu_pichumattchu_pichualmost 12 years ago

Don't know what's up with Cristina, but Daniel is just plain wicked. I loved how he signalled Scott about what had transpired in the dressing room.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Stupidity?

I don't know if it is just me being stupid or what but I don't understand Christina's dark hints at all...

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
waiting for things to come out in the open

waiting to hear them both declare out loud how they feel about each other. Each of them have had their bad past loves, from being constricted and managed the other abused. Now that's out between them they can move forward confidently and in a trusting space.

Really loving the stage as a background too, each of the stage having characters that add to this story.

Loving it

PleasepleasePleasepleaseover 7 years ago
Beautifully written

Truly a lovely, heart wrenching scene and the dialogue perfect.

Having experienced something within a close realm, I can personally attest to the depth a new relationship can be taken after sharing such past times. Thank you for doing such a great job with this, am still drying tears.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Yasssss

Stuff like this melts my heart and makes me feel as though its more in depth than some sex story it has meaning and feelings that a reader can relate to

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous