All Comments on 'Maverick Cattle Company Ch. 02'

by reddirtwriter

Sort by:
  • 19 Comments
1brokNangel1brokNangelalmost 12 years ago
LOVE IT !!!!!

Have to admit I already read this on nifty but I just had to read it again , I love these two first in Wrangler Butts and now Maverick Cattle Company , cant wait to read more about Josh hope that guy isnt just using him and then just dump him...keep it coming you are such an amazing writer whose characters seem so real...love them all.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
Memories

Josh and Tony reminded me of my first boyfriend and hiding out from parents so we could have some privacy.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
So disappointed in you

Mitch and Darrin are Josh's foster parents, his guardians, and while they are not blood-relatives the relationship is still familial which makes the sex scenes depicted between them all incestuous and therefore posted in the wrong category. While it is fine if you want to write an incest story, even one with fantasy dream sex, you need to post it in that section. I also wonder if you're really being true to your characters to lead them up that path. Nothing you have posted here previously would lead us, the readers, to expect an incest storyline with these two very popular characters. It did not even serve the story because later you have Josh madly in love with another teenager who quite frankly would have been the subject of any wet dream he might have had. Which makes the passage not only gratuitous but undermines the integrity of the characters you have spent months developing.

avidreadravidreadralmost 12 years ago
Anonymous is Wrong

This is not an incest situation. For one thing, Josh was almost 18 when Darrin and Mitch took him in; he was not a child. Whether or not they were made his guardians is a legal issue and not emotional. They are actually acting more in the role of advisors and teachers. Also, this was a dream that Josh had, not an actual occurrence. Josh is a healthy, horny 18-year-old living with two hot gay men; what did you expect? I'm sure he doesn't harbor any real thoughts of anything happening and I know the boys don't. Lighten up already. And if you really have something to say, try not to be Anonymous and have the guts to put a name down.

abibooizzleabibooizzlealmost 12 years ago
well said

totally agree with avid - don't detract from a great story by putting inferences where there aren't any. And should reddirt choose to go down that path its totally his choice as the author of the story and i'm sure he'd keep in his style and warn his readers as to such an occurence. ligthen up its fiction for a reason and if it wasn't - well sh*t happens.

Oh and Red - great story. Love your work

hk47enclavehk47enclavealmost 12 years ago

A nice update!

I like how the story is progressing. The comment earlier about the dream being incestuous makes no sense. While Darrin and Mitch are Josh's foster parents, he met them as an adult. He is not a child who views them as any kind of real parents. Even before the dream, I suspected he might develop a crush on Mitch which is fine,given the circumstances.

Once again, great story, keep it coming..

:)

MiseryRubyMiseryRubyalmost 12 years ago
FICTION!!!!!!!

This is a story, very well written, full of sadness, hurt, laughter and love. At 18 most boys gay or straight are all more hormonal than a pregnant woman. Having a fantasy about someone older and more experienced is normal. If the fantasy was disgusting than my advise would be to stop reading erotic stories, because they are all fantasy. Just fyi a couple of months short of 18 having a sexual fantasy of two people who took you in, gave you dignity, pride and love, to me is not incest. And I agree if you have an opinion don't hide behind anonymous, use your name.

kingseanstonkingseanstonalmost 12 years ago
Wow Anon

Who crapped in your corn flakes this morning?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
Get Over It

To everyone who has an issue with this story and the "incest" involved: Do you even know the legal definition of incest, or are you basing what you read here as incest on personal views and assumptions? Incest occurs between BLOOD relatives, whether they be father/daughter, mother/son, aunt/nephew, etc., and is illegal (in any state) for any blood relatives up to first cousins only (largely, but not solely on genetics, interbreeding, and recessive traits). Second- and third-cousin -- however many times removed -- as well as in-law and step-relative type situations are not covered in this legal definition. Even in general terms, what is covered usually pertains to male/female relations. Same-sex circumstances considered as incest vary from state to state, as well as local jurisdiction. However, even what is written here doesn't cover the entire picture. Bottom line to everyone: Read up on the fine lines (definition beyond the first-cousin issue) on what defines incest in your local and state area, and if you don't like or are unsatisfied with what it encompasses and want to see some changes, then I suggest you start by writing to your local politician, voicing your opinions and see where it'll take you from there. Berating the author and fellow readers on this site is uncalled for, inappropriate, and unproductive.

khyss_thysskhyss_thyssalmost 12 years ago
Great story, red

I agree with most everyone here (except the cowardly and unenlightened ANON) that calling this incest is stupid. Geneologically speaking, we're all related to everyone else anyway.

nomoretears00nomoretears00almost 12 years ago
Loved it.

I have loved all your stories. Both these series have been intense, well thought out and gripping. Job well done. :)

I don't want to focus the silly issue brought up about incest, but I will say this: any kind of story that has m/m goes in Gay Male. Period. If the site owner disagreed she would've moved the story, and has before. Red, you posted it correctly. Hell, take a look around GM. You have mature relationships, BDSM, incest, nonhuman, scifi, bi, fetish and so on.

~M

rewski84rewski84almost 12 years ago
More!

Keep 'em coming, Red! Anon #2 certainly has no idea what they're talking about and their comment can't even be taken as constructive, so please disregard.

Loving this story! :-D

lonesomedove66lonesomedove66almost 12 years ago
I have to agree

Do not take any notice of anon.. who isn't even game enough to use a name.. to slam your story for us who are adult and mature enough, and have had 18 year old son's, you need to get out more and learn about reality. Teenagers all have wet dreams and fantasies and from a boy that was abused and then saved by our guys and given back his self esteem there is no denying he will have them as role models even in fantasy that is healthy not incestuous and as it has been pointed out wrong terminology too!! Back to the important stuff as usual another great chapter and onto the next one....

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Casey 1988

Thanks and I love the sex talk in it Wish more were like that. Not that I kneed that I have read enough on the subject of gay sex.

jonathanlovescockjonathanlovescockover 11 years ago
anon is an arse hole.? shut the fuck up with your whining

this is a wonderfull and fantastic story of the highest caliber.... it is one of the finest stories ive read on this site.? i for one love this story. in the past ive been none to slate rubbish stories (dinkyboots)was my old name . but this is a wonderfull and brilliant story.? and any one who slates it.well is a complete and utter twat in my book... we need more stories like this. a real feel good story...love and best wishes to the writer jonathan x x x x x x

rabbitfishrabbitfishover 11 years ago
Yay!! SAFE SEX!

I commented on one of the chapters of Wrangler Butts (before this was written) that safe oral requires condoms as well. Glad to see that you have included that in the "Gay Sex 101" talk that Mitch gave Josh.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago

I love that they tell an 18 year old that one night stands get old quickly. These characters are so real, unlike so many stories here. I love that they're responsible, faithful, hardworking and sensible. I love that they have VALUES. They feel like "nice people".

(Re: the dream Josh has, I think perhaps it might work better if it's rewritten with a slightly more "dream-like" quality, so that the reader can realize more quickly that it IS a dream. I see people here getting upset about incest - well, of course, it wasn't incest, it was a wet dream, and we have no control over what we dream about, but I remember that the first time I read this, I was shocked and horrified by that part. On first reading, it seemed as though Mitch and Darren were abusing their position as trusted "foster fathers". This is a lovely story, wonderful characters, but if any further editing is ever done on it, I think the dream sequence could benefit from further attention. As a tip: dreams generally have very little actual dialogue - I think it's mainly the dialogue in that part of the story that doesn't quite work as a "dream". But thanks, you're doing a great job.)

PleasepleasePleasepleaseover 7 years ago
Excellent Job Reddirtwriter Anonymous was wrong and out of line!

If "Anonymous" had bothered to actually read he entire scene he/she would have understood that what was described were the details of Josh's wet dream. Having spent my career working with trauma and abuse survivors I can without reservation state that what was written had NOTHING to do with incest or any form of sexual abuse.

In truth, the entire writing of that scene was quite realistic in terms of sexual dreams and there is nothing dirty, wrong, unhealthy or sinful about having such dreams. That is a natural part of human sexuality.

You did a great job in writing that entire scene and what followed. It showed great sensitivity on the part of Darrin from his initial embarrassment of walking in unannounced to how he discussed the situation with Josh. And considering the impish sense of humor Mitch tends to have, his reaction and restraint from embarrassing the young man was admirable.

Keep up the great work!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous