All Comments on 'It's an Ill Wind'

by demure101

Sort by:
  • 13 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
I liked the story

but I can't fathom the relationship between the husband and the lover. There's no way on this earth could I ever see the two of them becoming friendly, even if the lover is innocent but then, she was wearing her ring, wasn't she? She came to a just end. It's only too bad it didn't happen sooner.

4 stars.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago

Is English your second language? There are some weird sentences, words missing etc, I gave up reading.

DawnJDawnJalmost 12 years ago
Congratuations!

You've scored an 'H' right out of the box! This is quite a stellar achievement! :) You already know what I think of this story, Demure!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
Great Story

Loved the story. Luckily, we lived in England for a while, so I no problem understanding some of the local coloquialisms such as "hoovering" (vacuuming to those of us in the USA). Keep up the great writing!

demure101demure101almost 12 years agoAuthor
Dear anonymous,

It feels slightly uncomfortable to comment on my own story, but Janet, who kept her lover on the hook without committing herself, was note above practising deceit on him, too - her red coat had pockets and she had a deep bag.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
Great story

I appreciate the way you allowed the characters to be more complex than the characters of a lot of stories on this site. And you gave the characters time to grieve rather than have them simply be "rescued" from their grief by a new romance. Please continue writing.

PTBzzzzPTBzzzzalmost 12 years ago
To anymoose and Demure

She speaks English, not American.

You wrote a wonderful story, I look forward to more of your work.

PTBzzzz

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Romance..? Really..?

perhaps its too realistic..but where is d romance,.? Would do with a bit depth of characters..! the thought of Rosie..n there goes his normalcy..? grip grip..

phil2213phil2213about 10 years ago
WTF I think this should be in another section?

Very offbeat.

SoMikeSoMikeover 8 years ago
Loved this...

Your dialog is some of the best, too. Quite natural, with none of the run-on blathering which should best be reserved for children...like when Rosie talked about her weekend at Carol's. Fecking adorable, that. And the British colloquialisms. "Bags on top"! What a hoot!

The only negative? I once had a Carol in my life, and I now refer to her as She Who Shall Remain Nameless. Yes, that bad. Not a cheater, just an awful, insecure, psychologically troubled mess of a person.

The Mystery of Janet, though...hmm, hmmm.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
great story

would've liked to have heard more about the depth of betrayal by janets dark side, but a great read 5*

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Two problems

First, why did he keep her sex toys and fancy underwear? Secondly, and more importantly, why did he have the new GF use/wear them? Seems highly unlikely to me. Sorry, had to mark it down for those reasons.

lukeshortlukeshortover 3 years ago
Good Story

Very good story. 4*

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous