All Comments on 'The Pretender Ch. 04'

by JaycobMatthews

Sort by:
  • 7 Comments
canndcanndalmost 12 years ago

I liked the addition of ben and james. I have to say I don't know how good a spin off it would be if you did their 'getting together' story b/c knowing they end up happy in the end is too big a spoiler. I would recommend a story where they have to overcome something in their relationship maybe.

So back to this story... again, I do think they played an important part. I was surprised that Daniel now switched back to 'if I'm gay' when he seemed to have accepted he was the chapter before. I think it might be good for him to have Ben and james to talk to as he works through it b/c Michael will be biased. In his defense, he's done a great job putting his desire to have something with Daniel behind Daniel's need to accept himself for whoever he is. Look forward to more.

kuroukiphoenyxkuroukiphoenyxalmost 12 years ago
thank you

For clearing up the best friends intentions. Now i really wanna know what happens with these two

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
Well done

You are handling Daniel's struggle with accepting his being gay very nicely. I'd like to see more conversations with the preacher, Ben's father. Anyone who has been reared in a strickly consertative, religious home and church desparately needs the counciling of a good, liberal minded religious leader to get beyond the doubt and self hate inflicted on him by his previous church and family. Daniel is fortunate to have been introduced to Ben and James who are good models of a normal gay relationship. He is also fortuante to have met Michael who was the first to realize that Daniel needed help.

GobletHolly182GobletHolly182over 11 years ago

oops, guess i know now what happens with ben and james! ah well, i will keep reading their story, anyways :) also enjoying this one!

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago

Poor Daniel. He's so sweet that he doesn't realize how hard he's gonna fall for Michael.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago

this story is really cheesy and completely shit it is the worst love story i have ever has the misfortune to read fucking crap

tronderjentatronderjentaabout 7 years ago

Some people feel misfortunate reading some stories, yet somehow almost always fail to mention why. That's step one to writing a constructive review, guys.

As for me, I feel quite fortunate to read this story. I'll even tell you why: you have a good balance between conversation and description, which is usually what throws me off a story; either too much talking or too little. Yours is perfect. And it might be a little cheesy but not in a bad sense. The story is taking it's time but it's time well spent. If you haven't disappeared completely, keep up your writing and I'd love to read more from you.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous