All Comments on 'The New Kid Ch. 08'

by musicfreak

Sort by:
  • 23 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago

I'm sorry but Angela didn't deserve forgiveness, she had no right sticking her nose in where it wasn't needed all because she was feeling sorry for herself and feeling left out.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
gawd...

Hey, dude! You are the fastest writer EVER, which I appreciate very much! Some writers take so much between the following chapters, so I often had to go back to the last one they had written. Previously you told us that you were going to be too busy to write more after Chap 6 was over as I vaguely remember. Hope you don't make us hanging and wondering about these two guys in love for too long! Keep up a great story!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
I agree

I would have told her to get out and stay away from me and Corey. But Kyle's right. Corey should have talked to him. And this chapter was too short.

willieonewillieonealmost 12 years ago
She got of to easy

I had hoped that this chapter would have seen Corey come back but you decided to drag it out long. I do think that Kyle let her of way to easy I would have told her to rack of and go home,and let her stew for a while before forgiving that nosy bitch. How dare she read other people's mail.

SusukiRedd99SusukiRedd99almost 12 years ago
Angela just pissed me the fuck off...

Honestly, like the rest of the commenters said, she should have been told off and kicked out of Corey's close circle. The fuck you looking through people's mail for and she fucked up the relationship. She's a horrible catalyst. However, I am mad at Corey for being all AWOL and leaving.

AAsdfghkl;

I just mad at everyone aside from Kyle, Zack, Scott, and Corey's dad.

I can't wait to see what happens next.

avidreadravidreadralmost 12 years ago

Angela is a bitch who got off far easier than she deserved, Corey is acting stupidly but I think he's just horribly confused and hurting. The process of coming out was hard enough and then all of this hits him. But I do hope that Kyle really lays into him for just leaving.

lonesomedove66lonesomedove66almost 12 years ago
Lol Susuki

You summed it up well hun and I agree with you completely and so glad I didn't have to wait but geez I have to agree with Scott and Kyle about Corey going AWOL when he said he was going to make a decision this is not what I expected

musicfreakmusicfreakalmost 12 years agoAuthor
Author's note

Okay a few things to address her. Firstly, I think some readers misunderstood my comment in a previous chap about my schedule and writing more. Just to clarify, this story was completely written before I submitted to lit so they were all already written and I was in no way writing fast. I meant writing my next STORY, not CHAP. I usually write the whole story first so I don't dissapoint my readers with extremely long waits between chaps.

Secondly, many people think that Angela got off too easy. In another story I may agree with you, however, Kyle is a passive person. He is quiet and doesn't express his feelings outwardly too often. He is in fact a representation of myself in a way. In a similar case, I would have been angry with Angela and I would probably not talk to her a few days. If I couldn't bring myself to forgive her, then that's the end of the friendship. So yeah that's why Angela got off so easy.

Lastly, the next chap is the last one and I hope it answers all of the questions you guys have about this story and I hope you enjoyed it. It sure as hell was great for me to write. And this is the end to my insanely long comment. Haha.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
Passive does not mean CARPET!!!

I understand why Kyle reacted the way he did, on the second reading of this chapter. LOL But he needs to really, really help Angela to understand that her wants and needs do not dictate how Kyle should live. All this "understanding", is still harmful. Corey should have talked to Kyle, we understand that, but what Angela engaged in was a betrayal of "friendship". I do not think she understands that. Now she wants to fix it, well all you had to do was not mess with it. Why is talking to Kyle something that she could not do. Why was approaching and basically attacking Corey a good idea? I am speaking from a place where I have a clear understanding of repercussions and consequences and she totally needs a crash course. When you initiate pain, just how helpful are the words sorry?

BTW - I too am peeved at Corey, everyone has insecurities, but you don't bail on those you love. You just don't.

musicfreakmusicfreakalmost 12 years agoAuthor
Either happy or sad.

Well I guess I opened a can of hooplah with this whole Angela thing. The conflict of this story, I had a serious case of writer's block. So I thought about something realistic and this is what came out of it. Angela's behavior seems to have struck a chord with some of you guys. Now I don't know whether to be happy about this because it is in fact realistic and thus what I was aiming for, or sad about it because I never meant to bring about bad memories. With all the negative feelings towards Angela, I'm really curious as to how you guys take the next chap. I guess I will find out tomorow but still, if this brought bad memories for you I apologize.

HeifelHeifelalmost 12 years ago
@Musikfreak :-)

Well I'm not going into the whole Angela thing cause no matter what we think this is your story and this is the way you wanted it written. And I do believe people have said want they needed to get out.. We just need to remind ourselfs that Corey must be very unsecure of the relationship since he took off like that. If one person really can make that much of a difference then maybe things is'nt going to work! I still love this story and hope for the best.

Musicfreak I hope you will honour us with new stories when you have time, even if it takes a couple of years:-) Cheers for this beautiful amazing story..

scotrik1scotrik1almost 12 years ago
Oh hun

We all have bad memories, even with good events. Never apologize for writing your story as you see fit. I loved it (along with anger for Angela poking her nose in where she didn't know the full situation-which is SOOO realistic!!). And I've had people bail on me like Corey did. It's a natural reaction to all the emotions and needing time to think and process the situation. That doesn't excuse him, but I understand.

Again, great story! I'm looking forward to the last chapter, as well as upcoming new stories from you!

jeansguyjeansguyalmost 12 years ago

Well, Scotrik1 and Heifel said it best. It is your story to be told as you wish. Whether I like the direction it took or not is irrelevant. You have done a wonderful job with this mostly 5 star story...ok to be honest the "Angela" chapter got 2 stars, mainly because I vote not only on writing ability but how I liked the content.

You are very good, please keep on writing as time permits. I am looking forward to the final chapter of this and all future works you share! Thank you!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
Fantastic

I really appreciate that you write the full story before posting wish more authors did that :) It is a wonderful story, and with the caring char you made Kyle I believe the way you wrote it was perfect! He would not throw away a relationship when Angela was making a bad decision but was trying to protect him!!!

cliffgirl08cliffgirl08almost 12 years ago
musicfreak

I don't think anyone is attacking you over the way your wrote your story, so I hope you aren't taking it that way. Behavior like Angela's that causes problems between people brings out strong emotions. For myself, this stirs up a memory of betrayal in my own life, the aftermath and how it was dealt with. I too was a very passive person when I was younger and let people walk all over me, and looking back, I know I would've handled things differently today. That said, Angela should've discussed her fears with Kyle before confronting Corey, and he should've spoken to Kyle before just taking off and disappearing.

musicfreakmusicfreakalmost 12 years agoAuthor

I don't feel like you guys are attacking me so it's all good. I know it's all towards Angela so no hard feelings. And by no means was I disappointed with what I wrote. You guys said it right when I should be happy with what I wrote, and I am. In fact I'm over the moon that I managed to evoke strong feeling from you guys, it's really flattering. Just don't feel too good making you guys so angry. Haha.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
:DLove the story

I love the story im just so sad its almost over but im sure the last chapter will be AMAZING!! Please write more ur very good at it:D

willieonewillieonealmost 12 years ago
Actually

It shows that your story has done what many stories have failed to do and that is connect with your readers. So showing our anger or sadness is a good thing and it is never directed at you but how your character affect us on an emotional level.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
Casey 1988

I hope this works out.....

WolfmanJuniorWolfmanJuniorover 11 years ago
Excellence

I must give you props. Never have I read a story with such realistic situations. I love your writing style. (And I must say I am quite jealous of Kyle) You are an amazing author

hotlover69hotlover69over 11 years ago

poor thing i hope they sort it out soon

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Angela did not do this with the right intentions - she had very selfish motives. And she has not learned from it - there are consequences from your actions and she go off way too easily. She needs to learn to stay the fuck out of other people’s business. Yes, Corey should not have been swayed by what she said, so there is still a lot of shit to hit his fan. Both of them were at fault and deeply hurt Kyle whom they claim to care for. A lot of immature behavior that I hope can get cleaned up (without Kyle just forgiving everyone immediately) in this next chapter.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous