All Comments on 'A Lesson in Life'

by silverslacker62

Sort by:
  • 8 Comments
silverslacker62silverslacker62over 11 years agoAuthor
come on y'all

Author's note: Want to read another? I need comments.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Not the way.

Attempted blackmail is not the way to get reliable comments. 1*.

I'm shocked that anyone would so blatantly imply that they won't write another story unless they receive favorable results from their first.

Don't you write because you enjoy it? If not - don't bother!!!

pontiacwhitepontiacwhiteover 11 years ago
Blackmail!!???

You've got to be kidding!!! The author "teasingly" asks for a little feedback by kiddingly withholding further stories and you accuse them of blackmail? Stop taking yourself so damn seriously. Very believable. Could the daughter have come back and caught them and fought with mother? Maybe, maybe not. Nice Job. Anonymous is a blowhard!

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Stick with it.

You may struggle at times to get comments , well - legible ones anyway, but this is a delightful little vignette of an innocent age gone by. Well written and captivating. Nice to see a bit of "local" colour too. Too many, sometimes, from across t'pond. Thank you. Deffo a 5.

Remain_in_shadowRemain_in_shadowover 11 years ago
Re: Not The Way anonymous

Seriously? Did you just lecture someone on their writing motivation? An anonymous posting 1-star voter? Really? Everyone has an opinion, and you are not compelled to join, and the website rules don't restrict you from expressing yourself. But try not to post above your station.

And offering someone something if they do something for you is 'enticement', blackmail implies holding something bad over someone to force them into something they don't want to do.

silverslacker62silverslacker62over 11 years agoAuthor
thanks

Thanks to all commenters so far, including the Anon I offended. Still getting to know site and its etiquette. Will be back. Much appreciated the encouragements.

rhevrhevover 11 years ago
One line in there was awesome

Let me start off by saying this, I absolutely freaking loved the single line " I gave up smoking from that day on."

That's just so great, I don't know if this is a true story or not, but I can say for sure that little things like that affected me when I was a teenager for the rest of my life, so that bit really rang true.

I do have ONE bit of constructive criticism however. I found myself wondering what year it was when this story took place. Not that it matters overmuch, but I found that I kept wondering it the whole time.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Very nice story- like the progression

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous