All Comments on 'Love in Chains'

by Nephylim

Sort by:
  • 8 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
loving this

hope to see more of this story!

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Great story

Please hurry with the next chapter and make it longer if possible thanks

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Not enough adjectives

People, read this. Comment on this. Feed the author.

I am rereading this story. It is one of the best I have read on Lit in any category. Your writing is technically clean. Your know or have researched your subject well. The greatest strength of the story is the character development. I've known some of these people. I want to know some of these people. I want to do grevious bodily harm to some of these people. The subtleties of manipulation and the helplessness of those watching it happen is so precise. There is gritty reality and suspension of disbelief. I have cried and raged and both hugged and strangled my pillows. It almost requires aftercare for the reader. Thank you.

NephylimNephylimalmost 11 years agoAuthor
Have to Comment

I can't leave a review like that uncommented on. Thank you for your lovely words. Some people find this story a little hard to swallow, but it was always about the manipulation and character development and never really about the sex

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago

I know different things appeal to different people, but honestly, I couldn't get further than where the boy is taken down by his sister. I don't understand how anyone can get off on rape. Maybe this is because I'm South African, and our rape statistics are terrible. Here, women live in real fear of rape. In the last reliable survey done, 1 in 3 men admitted to having raped a woman - that's over 8 500 000 rapists, in one small country. Maybe if you've never been raped, and don't actually know anyone who's been raped, then this kind of story doesn't worry you, but for me, with respect, I find the opening chapters quite sick. The rest of the story might be brilliant, but I will never know, because I can't get past the opening chapters. Rape is not erotic. Rape is real. It's an unbearable violation of body and soul, and it doesn't belong in writing that is meant to titillate and entertain.

NephylimNephylimalmost 11 years agoAuthor
I Understand Your Comment

but this was not rape. It was totally consensual. That's the point. I've said before, not sure if it's here or elsewhere, but this story is not meant to titillate, well not entirely. This story is meant to explore the reasons why someone who is in an abusive relationship remains in the abusive relationship, even when the abuse gets worse and worse.

Nye and Adam are very much in a relationship and Nye is totally in love with Adam and prepared to do anything for him. Adam, is in love with Nye in his own way and by his own rules. He left Nye hanging for so long to prove a point and to be manipulative. Nye actually feels guilty that he was so weak.

I don't want anyone to think i condone rape. There is a rape later in the story and it has horrendous consequences. Rape always has horrendous and far reaching consequences, as i know from experience.

lonesomedove66lonesomedove66almost 11 years ago
Don't justify

Nephilym I too understand your motives behind this story. I appreciate people's point of view but as with all stories you have to accept, understand, rage, cry and learn that there are different types of people in the world. I too was in an abusive relationship, married with children and still I can appreciate why and how you are developing this story. This is the second time I have read this story, it was hard the first time as bad memories are never easy to overcome but seeing how the story progresses and changes and Nye too is worth re reading. Adam I agree should be strung up but there are reasons and motives behind every action we may not agree with them but we can also hope he learns from them.

This is an intense and emotional story with a lot of subtleties that help you understand why he does what he does.

Enough said onto the next chapter

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Well Written

Well written with character development and a plot, something often missing. I look forward to reading more and seeing where this all goes.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous