All Comments on 'Choices Ch. 04'

by CaraDailey

Sort by:
  • 24 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Dag Nabit!

The only thing that sucked about this was the length! YOU DID GREAT! I am loving the character development of the two ladies. I really do hope and pray that Hailey speaks some sense into Cara before she goes out and get hurt again. Update soon! *****

elle_9549elle_9549over 11 years ago

I was happy to see this new chapter! Please continue soon. :) ~ L

BahamaBahamaover 11 years ago
Awesome

That was an awesome story . The only thing truly wrong is that it was too short. More pls.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
More

Keep posting but dont wait somlon and please make it longer!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago

i love this story more please longer if possible though

deliciousthoughtsdeliciousthoughtsover 11 years ago
great

love this series :)

BahamaBahamaover 11 years ago
Part 5

You just can't leve us hangin like this man

jpb531jpb531about 11 years ago
I'm really enjoying this series so far

Hope that you'll give us more. Thanks for sharing.

HlovestoreadHlovestoreadabout 11 years ago
Please write more!

You left every one on the edge of their seats wanting more. Please continue this story and write longer if you can. I just love it!

StephanieFreedomStephanieFreedomalmost 11 years ago
THAT'S IT!?

Where's the rest of it!?!?

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
part 5

Were the rest of it..how does it end

curiousonejcuriousonejover 10 years ago
What the hell!!!!!!!!

Please write more you can leave us like this .... Is she going to stay with her and get divorce or go back..... I hope she stays

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago

If you look at this as a typical/cliche romance story, it will end in one of the following ways:

1) Cara goes back, (most likely slipping away unnoticed while Hailey sleeps and then she goes home to perhaps tell the asshole that they're through) he beats her and she is hospitalized. Hailey discovers what happens and then Hailey finally convinces Cara to dump him and they live happily ever after. (most likely)

2) Cara goes back and Hailey follows her (with or without her consent) and the asshole attempts to hurt Cara (most likely with a deadly weapon) Hailey tries to stop him and ends up getting hurt in Cara's place. Hailey ends up hospitalized and Cara feels immensely guilty and finally calls the cops on the asshole b/c this time she wasn't the victim, it was the woman she loves. Then Hailey awakens in the hospital with Cara looking over her or holding her hand. Upon realizing that Hailey is awake, Cara sobs and Hailey comforts her. (slightly less likely)

3) Asshole figures out what is going on and he goes after Hailey and hurts her in one way or another, which leads to Cara changing her life. (least likely)

I came to these conclusions because, from all of the les-fic I've read, the most common trend seems to be the whole "darkest before the dawn" factor. i.e. One or both parties make mistakes that somehow drives a wedge between the lovers and then a catalyst happens that makes one or both of them realize they had made said mistake. IMO it seems that the climax of romantic stories is the fight, argument, or situation that drives the lovers apart and then the rest of the story, up until the conclusion, is full of anguish and pain the characters struggle with, leading to the inevitable reunion which is the resolution.

(I've also seen each of these conclusions appear in more than one novel)

Sorry for writing a novel here folks! This was partly my trying to rationalize how the story may end, but at the same time I usually need to have a good rant or two on a weekly basis and i'm slightly past due xD

CaraDaileyCaraDaileyabout 10 years agoAuthor
Anonymous

Not that all of your ideas were bad, but they are all wrong. lol. But thank you for the comment. Wanted to take a minute to apologize to any one following this series. I haven't intentionally left you all hanging, life just got away from me for a little while. I will be posting new chapters with in the week. And a very special thanks to Greg for his feed back reminding me of the fact that I was leaving people hanging.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
still hanging...

life has a way of doing that

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Where are you?

Please add more this is a great story!!

germanchocolate4ugermanchocolate4ualmost 9 years ago
Great series

What a tragic yet beautiful story. There are so many unanswered questions. I fear this story may go by the wayside since it was written in 2012. But it is still a good read.

Randee1958Randee1958about 8 years ago
Agree

I agree with germanchocolate4u. So don't leave this story unfinished.

KumquatMayKumquatMayabout 8 years ago
Hey CaraD

I know you're out there because you signed into your profile a few days ago. I hope you continue this story, because it is quite good, really good. And because you're talented & I'd love to see you hone your craft.

Hope all is well & good in your life.

XOX

Taylor

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
part 5

Please.

You are so so good

I cant wait for the next part.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
More please!!

Need to know what happens next :)

verbicideverbicideover 7 years ago
Incredibly sad

Having worked in emergency medicine I've seen so many abused women who refuse to press charges and return to their abusers so often that this story saddens me. It strikes so true as Cara dances around the emotional and physical turmoil of her life without confronting the problem. The most painful thing about this is, unfortunately for Hailey, usually women in Cara's situation have absorbed so much emotional abuse they actually believe that the love of an abuser is what they deserve and if they were somehow better, the abuse would stop. Of course it isn't true, since the greatest problem lies with the abuser, not the abused. Still, abused women (and abused men...it happens more often than people think) tend to return to their abusers, much to the eternal frustration of those who wish to help them.

It's just so heartbreakingly sad.

survivermomma3survivermomma3about 6 years ago
More please.

This is such a good story and I hope you will continue it. There is so much left unsaid and unanswered that this can't be the end. I guess a large part of me really wants to see how all of this plays out cuz I myself came from a very abusive relationship and this story really hit home with me. I would love to see as these two relationship developes and grows. As well as Cara get away from that asshole and some how he gets what's coming to him and deserves. These are what I hope to see in additional chapters to this story but it's your story to write as you see the story progress. Again I hope you continue this story if anything to bring closer to it instead of leaving as is so open. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
If you're still here....

Please please please come back and continue this series. It's so beautiful.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userCaraDailey@CaraDailey
113 Followers
I haven't posted here since 2012. Due to feedback from some wonderful readers, I have picked back up and will start trying to submit more regularly. I love comments, feedback, and emails. So please feel free!

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

Choices Ch. 03 Previous Part
Choices Series Info