All Comments on 'Giovanni'

by shuttlepilot

Sort by:
  • 28 Comments
hikewithapackhikewithapackover 11 years ago
Well done!

I was transfixed by the inevitable wreck of the train and couldn't look away.

SW_MO_HermitSW_MO_Hermitover 11 years ago
EXCELLENT!!!

At first I wanted him to fight for her and lose his job over it. Then came the twist when it became apparent she wasn't really his. She was shopping for someone with more money or a better position to take her so she could get the money herself faster. I loved his decision to drop her cold instead of trying to beg her to stay with him. He was truly a MAN and a very smart one. He knew when to cut his losses and move on. The ending with her arrested was great. Well done.

Phxray54Phxray54over 11 years ago
Knowledge and wishes

I wish I knew then what I know now. Time can be a painful teacher.

Well said, well done.

BigJohn601BigJohn601over 11 years ago
Unanswered prayers...

Are sometimes the best things in life.

tazz317tazz317over 11 years ago
WHEN PEOPLE KNOW WHAT THEY WANT

to do their best to succeed. TK U MLJ LV NV

LordSlamdawggLordSlamdawggover 11 years ago
It took dual readings to grasp this story's essence !

That's partially my fault for being in typical Literotica gloss/read mode and the Shuttlepilot for adding a plethora of subtext & overtones in this relatively compressed tale.

At first read , I thought this was artificial and affected in tone but the praise in comments made me reevaluate my verdict. They were correct and I join them in applauding this author .

x_JohnDoe_xx_JohnDoe_xover 11 years ago

Good story. Short sharp and to the point. It's good to see the good guy winning occasionly, on this site that doesn't happen very often. Thanks for the story.

chytownchytownover 11 years ago
Good Read!!!!

Something different and very entertaining. Thanks for sharing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
A rose by any other name

I’m confused. Is his name Giovanni Marcello or Giovanni Ferrara?

BetterEndingBetterEndingover 11 years ago
Excellent Read

The only thing better would have been evidence that she knew of his success and what she had given up that evening. However, I suspect it would have been difficult to work that into the story.

Thanks and keep writing!

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Wow, great flash story!

One of the best!

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
I really liked this...

A very effective flash story, just enough character development, strong message conveyed without being whiny or preachy. Well Done! Only thing that would have helped my perspective (even if you had inserted just one line near the end), was how long had they been together? They seemed to be dating for a while, but they were not engaged. He had tried to take it the next level but she was holding back. The plan was for him to take her to Italy with him after this negotiation was concluded, but he hints that even if Giovanni hadn't gone all sexual predator on her ass, that she WOULDN'T have gone, because she was pulling back from commitment with Joe. All that is clear, but what wasn't was how long they had been dating. A year, two, only six months? It could have been very natural for her not to want to commit to him if they hadn't been "together" long enough, but by omitting this small detail, it allows the reader to assume their relationship was much deeper, and her actions could only be those of a cheating slut. OK, her actions ARE that of a slut (when she decides to stay at the hotel instead of leaving with Joe), but by then, Giovanni had already told her that Joe staked no claim to her in the discussion they had in the buffet line. He had already "broken up" with her, and released her to her own devices. Again, if their relationship had been going on for any length of time, he #1- wouldn't have been able to cut her loose so easy, and #2- shouldn't have broken up with her by telling the lothario to just go ahead. At least tell her to her face that it is over, right? That probably made her decision to sleep with Giovanni easier. May be I missed it, but it occurs to me just now, that may be she WAS the company slut, and her "offer" from the boss-man Bill that she was "considering", was contingent on her sleeping with Giovanni to help secure the contract. If that was the case, nothing our hero did or said would have changed the outcome. So agreed, now even more so, that cutting her loose ASAP was the right call. Still the perspective of how much time he had invested in her up to this point would have given more weight to the pain of his loss by her betrayal. Thanks for a good story!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Loved it !!!

He made the right choice....

chilleywilleychilleywilleyover 7 years ago
Supurb!

The name switch doesn't matter. As written she may have enden up With yet another guy. Very well done

Chilley

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Very Nice Story

But much too short. Seemed to me that this story had so many possibilities, so many directions it could have gone. It could have been a great story rather than just a nice story. But... it is what it is. And I did enjoy it, thank you very much.

calflashcalflashover 5 years ago
goog but

There were so many possibilities with this story, it's a shame it ended so quickly

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago

He still should have hit the slick bastard, just for the satisfaction of knocking him on his smug ass. But he definitely did the right thing by shedding himself of Melanie. Good story.

danoctoberdanoctoberover 4 years ago
Way to roll.

She was a cancer he caught early on and got rid of it. Life goes on. The trick is to go with it.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

You could have ended before "Two weeks later...", but then we'd have criticized you for that...

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Securities fraud in the USA? Not sure if she left with the guy for Italy.

Anyway, he saw the light and made the right decision. Only issue I would have is that Giovanni would think he won. That would piss me off. I would have made it very clear that I didn't;t like what I saw and broke it off so you are welcome to my leftovers.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

women want equality but get ahead by spreading their legs even when they might have the brains to compete honestly. too many women think theyre gods gift to men, mankind and the corporate world and maybe to the world but never realize they are only a gift to their parents and thats a maybe.

WargamerWargamerabout 2 years ago

A shame it was a short, there was so much to say. This could’ve been a really good story if fleshed ou,

3/5 for being not good enough

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I'm with Wargamer on this one. The ball really was dropped here. Could have been a great story had it been finished but, it is what it is. LP

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Man seems to be writing when he is high on weed!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Great. I could identify with the protagonist and the author keeps you guessing about the outcome until the very end. The 3rd from last paragraph which begins, "It's strange" provided a thoughtful conclusion.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

So much anger and so little understanding.

JayZipJayZipabout 1 year ago

Good story. I think you changed the Italian guy's last name at the end.

Just_WordsJust_Words12 months ago

I liked that a lot! It had everything it needed with enough description to make it real and nothing more. Excellent writing!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous