All Comments on 'What a Pity!'

by CharlieGG

Sort by:
  • 14 Comments
digdaddyrichdigdaddyrichover 11 years ago
I seemed odd that she would confide in another man about her sex life.

Unless Charlie is fucking her too, and poor old Don is just in the dark about his wife's actions

mitchfrenmitchfrenover 11 years ago
Definitely a bit different

I suppose its possible to be too close to things to be able to work them out sometimes, especially if you're feeling a bit ropey. I don't think I'd really like to have my wife discussing our sex life with another man but, in the context of this loving wife story, it worked. Nice job, good writing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Betrayed

Dons' a chuck hole and doesn't even know it. She's letting another man decide when and where to have sex with her husband. What do you think Don would do if he found out about her conversations? "Hi honey, Charlie thinks I shouldn't let you do this tonight". She might as well be sleeping with Charlie. Betrayal of marital trust .

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
If only some spouses know

conversations between old and new friends about sex with their respective spouses goes on daily in the world as we know it... Smiling thanks for your writing...

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
I have a married female friend that we talk about our respective spouses.

And believe me, there is no cheating going on. I help her with her husband and she helps me with my wife. I appreciate her perspective.

BTTapBTTapover 11 years ago
Good story

What I liked about it was that it was a clean, short, well-written story that captured a 'real' moment/situation in a marriage. It was an original take. I thought the use of multiple perspectives was very effective. It showed the miscommunication and little resentments, but also the true caring and desire in a marriage. It especially liked the way her mood darkened when hubby gave her a playful swat on the ass-her take on it and his were completely different, and the moment as described seemed so real.

I tend to agree with the concerns about another man being a confidant to the wife. Especially in something as personal as sex life. Besides my unease with sharing of that information with another man, it's the failure of the wife to honestly discuss her feelings/thoughts on the matter with the hubby. I'm not saying it's a smoke/fire situation at all: the story doesn't even hint at that. But, what person (male or female) would be okay with that sort of communication between your spouse and a person of another sex (other than a true counsellor), while you were being left out in the cold?

It added to the story, though, as it helped reveal the wife's thinking/feelings, and the other guy actually did hubby a service, in this instance-frankly, it was good advice.

I gave it a five.

LickideesplitLickideesplitover 11 years ago
Too Late

Great 5* story!

I read this too late. BTap saw almost everything I thought as I was reading the story, then commented on it sooner & better than I would have! He, and DigDad more so, addressed a real problem, which should be dealt with if it happens in anyone's relationship!

Basically, Hubby1 and Sweetie2 are BFFs! It is usually a relationship shared by two women, sometimes two men, and occasionally a Hubby and his Sweetie. It is NOT common with Hubby / Sweetie because they are, among other things, trying to complement aspects the other partner, to some degree, lacks! They are each also trying to optimize, to the extent reasonable, their own benefits! When BFF is NOT the rarer Hubby / Sweetie, whether it is F-F or F-M, each spouse should occasionally be reminded that there IS a non-sexual BFF outlet which is a positive benefit to all concerned.

(This particular episode would NOT, for several reasons, be a good case for sharing with Spouse as an example of the benefit of the BFF!)

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveover 11 years ago
Different

I don't like the idea of it but at least there's no cheating. Not physically anyway. Let's have a ch. 2 where Don has a special friend he contacts when in need.

LordSlamdawggLordSlamdawggover 11 years ago
A Credible Apertif of a Story ? Where's The Entré ?

What there was: was good . I appreciate that. The story ... the real story is how will this unfold in the long run. The couple has what appears to be a libido disparity. The wife just might have medical issues or maybe the union has served it's purpose & she's ready to move on. A flicker of hope made it's appearance.- so who knows?

One thing for sure. The wife has a good man & if she cant bring herself to be a woman in full to him; somebody else will. See Post Scriptor's fantastic ' Meltimg Away ' series in the Non-Erotic genre. Four stars for the story since it will help it's median score so far.

This author has five star potential if he can stop leaving so many loose ends undone. Slirpuff could have done a fuller treatment with these characters - not that he's lacking for innovative ideas of his own. Charlie GG is on my radar ,however, in terms of authors who deserve a reading & my thanks for their work to date.

CharlieGGCharlieGGover 11 years agoAuthor
Thanks for the input

Greatly appreciate the feedback from several here.

There is no question that the relationship described above between the wife and her best friend is one that could and maybe should cause some discomfort. Generally I'm not interested in writing fluffy, feel-good sex stories, I prefer to examine the human psyche a little bit, delve into why we do what we do both sexually and otherwise.

While I don't have plans at the moment for another story involving these characters, it's certainly something I could see revisiting in the future.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
It's over.

At first I thougt this was friends being there for each other, ect.. This is way past that. She clearly has no respect for Don at all. She is having an emotional affair with Charlie, talking about there sex life,(and everything else, I'll assume) with him instead of her husband. Laughing at him at the end of the story with Don, " I pitied the fuck out of him" haha. Wrong on so many levels. I do have some good male friends, who I run some things by some times (NEVER sex life, that's for the gals! lol), but anyone who thinks there spouse would be ok with this sharing of information with the opposite sex is eather nuts, stupid, or as shallow as she is. The one revew was right, this is a betrayal of the trust thay should have, and expect from each other. If Charlie was my husband and I heard any of this conversation, his ass would be in deep shit! BFF or not, thay are way out of line. And if that's my wife, and I find out another man has been "helping" her put me off, BY-BY. Wow, 3 weeks without anything and she's upset Don's getting "gropey". He comes home early, knocks out a "honey do" chore and get's her dinner in bed, and then all he get's a "handy". Oh, she's sick, for three weeks! BITCH!

cantbuymycantbuymyover 11 years ago
look at it this way

at least this isn't that stupid fucking indian shit about letting his wife fuck some dude living with them and the husband wearing panties. i am damn glad that story died off after 20+ chapters and it was 20+ chapters too fucking long.

ythebadgerythebadgerover 11 years ago
Enjoyable

and rather sweet - as long as it stays like that.

impo_60impo_60over 9 years ago
Have this any meanning?

I didn't found in it any meaning...so 1*...

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userCharlieGG@CharlieGG
42 Followers
50 Fit MWM into wife sharing/watching, exhibitionism/voyeurism and bi-curiosity... Wife and I becoming nudists by the day now that we're empty-nesters! Key point: no my wife doesn’t play here, just me. If I'm here, I'm probably willing to chat about just about anything... a...