All Comments on 'Quan Found his Daddy in Frisco.'

by greenmountaineer

Sort by:
  • 10 Comments
demure101demure101over 11 years ago
Impressive -

necessitates many a read. lingers & sticks.

Ashesh9Ashesh9over 11 years ago
a man fathered a son in 'Nam .....

deserted him ,left him to rot in an orphanage & fled to 'States ; the protagonist hunts him down & the bounder gets his comeuppance ?!! Poetry of Vengeance ---wow ! very good plot'n poem GM !

twelveoonetwelveooneover 11 years ago
5ed

seems flawless, you want a fan rave, you got it

I stared at him like the katydid did

I saw on Willow Street, eyes on an aphid,

this little bump stands out, it seems strange that it seems the perfect touch

i don't quite know how to put this is words, but the dynamics act like a wave, very nicely breaking up what just could have been a linear story, very subtle, any way this is one of those bastards that warrant further study. You been reading Frost again?

DesejoDesejoover 11 years ago
Can't add to what others have said

But I will ask about the last line, because I'm stumped. What is Nam Ha' ? I thought it was a physical area, but it must have another meaning I am missing here.

greenmountaineergreenmountaineerover 11 years agoAuthor
Reply to Desejo

Nam Ha` refers to Quan's mother. I do not speak Vietnamese, and there's always a risk in relying on one website as I did here for a female first name that has 2 syllables and a distinct punctuation mark as I have seen in other words associated with that language.

PistolpackinpetePistolpackinpeteover 11 years ago
Fantastic piece of writing...

...despite the rap meter.

buttersbuttersover 11 years ago
powerful

pithy, and yet another slice from life's past-its-sell-by pie. glad not to have missed this gritty rendering.

tazz317tazz317over 11 years ago
A DIFFERENT KIND OF PAYBACK AND REVENGE

against a race instead of a human, TK U MLJ LV NV

AngelineAngelineover 11 years ago
Beautifully woven

with so many twists and turns, you keep the reader wondering where it's going next right down to the last line. I'd need to read it a few more times to get all the nuance, the layers of meaning and get used to some of the sonic tricks you are trying out. But. Just really good, too good to languish here. Please submit it to a poetry journal!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous