All Comments on 'Boston to Birmingham Ch. 05'

by qhml1

Sort by:
  • 121 Comments
KirkelKirkelover 11 years ago
The best.

10 stars!

dinkymacdinkymacover 11 years ago
Excellent!!!

Thanks for sharing!

studebakerhawkstudebakerhawkover 11 years ago
Nope, not quite the end just yet.

Ending it after chp. 4 would have worked well. It would have been dramatic, very effective, and it would have left readers clamoring for more, but it would have worked (see Harddaysknight's comment at the end of chp. 4). End it here? That doesn't work nearly as well. Still, this is qhml1's story so he gets to take it wherever he wants. Thanks for sharing, I can't wait for the next installment.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Regrets!

Sometimes you really regret that the limit is five stars.

LordSlamdawggLordSlamdawggover 11 years ago
Mixed Feelings about this Intro & Middle, but the Last 2 Pages ? En Fuego !

First it must be said , the characters started to parody themselves. I had the image of this author dictating the story to a voice recorder, while on a treadmill, between ESPN highlights during commercials.

The showdown scene with rogue cousin Ronnie was a mere shadow compared to previous 440 volt action scenes. The line that Ronnie sleeps with the catfishes was glib, a nice twist on the Godfather line but hearing this 3rd hand was very unsatisfying.

Referring back to Mario Puzo's epic novel : all the violence scenes were detailed in landmark stye as Qhml1 has done previously. That would have served as salty yang to enhance all the sweet but sometimes smothering family / romantic ying that largely dominated part 5.

I'm not smart enough to answer the author's question , as to the question is this the end. If I was, maybe I could create some nigh immortal characters that have paced this story's stage. I've quarreled with a fair part of the content here but MUST pay tribute to the big finish. I needed a pitcher of ice water at the end. Whoa ! Enough said.

One very small last quibble borne from my overall through enjoyment of this story : LOVED the character of Gwen's father and wish he had been utilized more in some form or fashion. I realize south of the Mason-Dixon line wasn't his home turf.

He couldn't be the quintessential power broker that he was in first installment. but couldn't he have been wedged in here somewhere in a small but memorable role? Gwen is his only daughter, afterall. BTW five stars for this installment !

I had my issues with a fair % of it's content but wild horses couldn't have distracted me from last page & a half. Clutch writing and talent of Qhml1 ... ultimately not to be denied, to say the least. It was akin to some championship games of Micheal Jordon . In & out of synch for 3 quarters , then in money time going terminator mode for triumph.

LancerInLALancerInLAover 11 years ago
Mixed feelings

5 stars for the story, but hate the direction. I can only speak of my opinion, but to do that to him was criminal. He did give into his body, but she was in the wrong. I still see the spoiled rich girl here. She just had to have him. No matter what the cost. Even raising the girl did not grow her up enough to accept her actions from the past. But, the end does not justify the means. She is in the wrong.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
it it over or just the begining

is she now pregnant. that will firfill qwen and hardys life and bound. nice story and a good ending or is it...?????????????????????

one hell of a writter 10 stars

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago

Hope you continue the story, a good read

bruce22bruce22over 11 years ago
Impressive Writing

You really know how to transmit emotions with words. I hope you will write many more stories for us!

Mostera1Mostera1over 11 years ago
Not the end...

A new beginning. Well done. The question is what is going to happen when they discover a certain Captain has been with them both?

What will Hardy think when he learns Gwen has munched carpets? I will say that did come out of left field, her and Anne. I will have to read the first chapters over to see if there was any reference to Gwen having a lesbian relationship. A surprise like this so late in the story seems implausible. I hope it doesn't become a 3'some. You handled the reconciliation well. Very nice. Please keep it real. Melissa is a nice addition.

I look forward to the next installment.

Thank you,

M1

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Please don't end it here!

Please?

Thanks

tazz317tazz317over 11 years ago
NO MATTER THE EXCUSES

T Wolfe said it best....But folks can always try. TK U MLJ LV NV

Sloburn38Sloburn38over 11 years ago
Really good read

You wouldn't have to end it here, there are still plenty of avenues to explore, but it is a good place to end it I suppose. It would be nice to visit with the Wilkies later on, a little baby, and grown young woman in college, and all the trouble that can be. I am sure you could imagine a story line for that.

Thanks

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Remember, this is a tribute to DQS1. Did you really think I would stop this soon?

yes, I thought you're smarter. Instead you just write out in blue and will end up like DQS = miserably failed

but then, eventhought you started her a bit schizophrenic (like in old days) I guess your brain came back to work and you finished it nicely.

still a lot better than your hero

LeFrog08LeFrog08over 11 years ago
well, I'm hooked!

I sure hope there is more to this saga!

LickideesplitLickideesplitover 11 years ago
No question - 5* chapter & series!

However, in this chapter we see Hubby scrub a lot of 'hardass' off of his reputation! We also see him pay the price for being careless, both tactically in assuming a friend was at the door, and strategically, in allowing Robbie to get back into his bailiwick undetected!

Picking at least two nits (actually 'not's) which shoulda been 'now's, which caused double-takes until 'typo' became obvious!

Concur that the 'rape' scene was torrid. Big error in not having Sweetie video-tape it, so she could offer it to him if he was able to keep it soft and wanted evidence of her crime! Or put it in '30 year storage' for review and inspiration in 2040 (if he reacted like a live human male!)

Thanks for the All-American 'happy ending' wrap-up, but I am on the Ch.4 'adios' side! Wouldn't mind new stories with these characters, but NOT a continuation!

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightover 11 years ago
The ladies were well blessed, but

you seem to lack Q's absolute love and admiration of big tits and the power they have over men of all ages. You also seem to lack the pleasure Q takes from tormenting us readers by delivering the story in real time. This story spanned a few years, yet you posted it in a few weeks. Very un-Q like. You also had only one superhuman in the story, and he was the hero, not some scary random guy passing through. You do, however, threaten to make this an unending story, introducing characters seemingly at random, but with the possibility of giving each his/her own mini-series. That is truly Q-esque is scoop. I enjoyed this part of the story that was beyond the end, but if you want to be like Q when you grow up, you need to post much less frequently and place much larger tits on your female characters, and then have men fall dumb in the presence of great tits. Have eyeballs pierced by flying buttons and rock hard nipples. Allow more stuttering from the males when the large tits, followed closely by beautiful women, enter a room. I haven't even mentioned the younger stud with the huge dick. They always have bigger dicks. You did manage to sneak in a black guy with a big cock, so kudos there. All in all, it was fun to read, but you, sir, are no Q and never will be until the heroines get really big tits! I hope I made my points, both of them, like two big tits!

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
dam good story

Well what can I say but this is what I love to read, drama, sex mayhem, if I ever do make a profile on this site you will be one of my favorite writers, hope to see some more in the future.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
well well well

I was disappointed at the end of chapter 4 as I thought it was the end of the tale. then this chapter pops up and adds fuel to the mix with alot of unneeded filler i believe just as this hardy dude is much too good to allow a druggie to catch him with hid pants down ,but your manufactured disaster. after all my bad mouth your efforts are in the 9

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
I am blown away by the way I was captured for this story. Wow. You rock

First Chapter I have read. I am late to a meeting. Yep, I could see the action unfolding in my mind's eye and feel the intermixing of sexual and action is well done.

Rock on. I am going to go back for the first 4 chapters.

gatorhermitgatorhermitover 11 years ago
I like this series.

Didn't like Gwen's character at all initially, but now she has won me over. I really like the way she adopted Melissa. Excellent character development; interesting and occasionally erotic series. Well done (even though the ladies tits are too small for HDK ha ha).

JonATaylorJonATaylorover 11 years ago
Great Read

Followed the whole story. Excellent writing and an interest-keeping storyline. I would have liked to see clearer remorse from her, not because I'm a neandrethal but because that's the central element of successful couples therapy in infidelity cases. Especially liked the way the final chapter tied up all the disparate lines in the story. Good show..

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
A Good Read

A lot of work went into this story. It is well worth a five. Just one thing: A Charter Arms .38?

daveftworthdaveftworthover 11 years ago
Great story

I think you should have numbered it 5a --that would have been a funny tribute to DQS1. Hope we get more--refreshing read

greenmountainsgreenmountainsover 11 years ago
A Great Story

Knowing some of your other work, I wouldn't be surprised if Anne came back to be with both! I hope you do continue the story and Gwen really does show him how much she has matured and hopefully continues to grow and earns his trust. You made us believe she has socially redeeming qualities, don't trash her.

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333over 11 years ago
Loved it! Loved it!

I have said it before, I will say it again, it takes a gifted writer to be able to take the reader from hating a character to loving and rooting for them. Thank you for not taking the easy route and having them reconcile at the end of the last chapter. This was a far better ending. In the process, you redeemed Hardy as well. Bravo!

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
One of the top stories in this category

Very gifted story teller. I have paid money for books not as entertaining. Keep of the good work.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
You earned it!!

I typically give a 4 to the best on this site, but your character development earned a solid 5. You are very,very good!

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago

excellent story keep writing

john1946john1946over 11 years ago
yes

That one is definately a 5. And if you choose to continue it, I'm sure it will be great. It's nice to find a story that you actually look frward to more chapters. Such interesting characters......Got to be a way to bring them back together again.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Well Done

Reads like a motion picture. Loved it.

TwosheddzTwosheddzover 11 years ago
Thank you

You pissed me off when I saw "The End" at the end of the last chapter. I wouldn't be sad to see it end here, although I would gladly read more.

user110user110over 11 years ago
i hope it's the end.

starting to get a little stale. plus it'd be a happy ending.

njlaurennjlaurenover 11 years ago
great tale

I have loved it and while it could end here I wouldn't mind it going on, and it would be kind of wild if ann was involved *wink*. A decent homage to dqs for sure (and gor the less than smart anon,dqs isn't a failure,he is still working on WWWM as a 4 novel set,if you can scrape up the money it takes to read them ya might want to go to smashreads and buy them )

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Magnificent

Absolutely magnificent. Very much the equal of DQS's stories. Thanks so much and please keep writing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Excellent

I hope this goes on. As many have said, there is still a lot meat on the bones of this story. You have done an excellent job of developing all of these characters it would be ashame to not see them finish there development

pkmapkmaover 11 years ago
Great Job

I envision lots of good work from you. You have set the bar high and I will look with anticipation for more.

Good story flow and character development with nice twists.

Keep up the good work.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Yeah

I think it should be the end. It's a nice little tale just as it is.

A lot of writers here make the mistake of going on too long and end up just boring their readers. Knowing when to stop is just as important to a story as the plot.

Vulcan_in_OhioVulcan_in_Ohioover 11 years ago
Very entertaining

Not sure how another chapter would fit but I'll bet the author has at least one more surprise or three waiting in the wings. Thanks for writing.

karan9876karan9876over 11 years ago
good but very long.

Good story but very long and since its a tribute to we all know who i guess around 50 chapters are still remaining. So by the end of 2014 or 2015 the story might come to an end.

trite_readertrite_readerover 11 years ago
Good story

The lez scene in the beginning kinda fucked it for me though. Which is surprising, cause those sorta scenes sort of make the world go round for me usually... I suppose it pissed me off because I didn't want that specific character, Gwen, to do that at that specific time. Anywhooo, the over all story was pretty good, with depth and development and interesting stuff going on. So good work!

LBuddGLBuddGover 11 years ago
I can't imagine more.....

...but what the hell....you're the author....the creative side of the equation while I'm only one of the readers on the 'consumer side'! From my point of view, based on my personal taste in stories; the really good ones are those that make you "care' about the characters (whether for good or bad). The best stories are the ones that make it hard to leave (say goodbye to) the characters at the story's end. WE all know around here that wherever you'll leave it and 'them'....there's a well known author around hereabouts who'd say "Life Goes On!" Whether this story continues or not, PLEASE keep the stories coming...you're certainly one of the best ones!

By the way, just so you know....It's 4:55AM as I type this....and NO, I haven't yet been to sleep. SO, being a 'new suthna' (a born Yankee, with 32 years then spent in SoCal, now in Nothe Cahlinuh) ...I'll just be saying, "G'night y'all!"

digdaddyrichdigdaddyrichover 11 years ago
Fantastic

It amazes me how well thought out the storyline has been in this remarkable series, as well as the writing.

Brought tears to his old man's eyes.

Well done !

Thanks for the read.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Maybe . . .

. . . the best, most satisfying reconciliation story on this site. Words like beautiful, sensitive, passionate, erotic, warm, sweet, earthy all apply to this story. Thank you so much for sharing your immense writing talent.

DP

brujaybrujayover 11 years ago
Great Story

I hope it is not the end. You have developed some wonderful characters that have a chance to further blossom and grow.

Thank you for sharing and please keep on writing. So far, it was a most enjoyable ride.

Brujay

glwadysglwadysover 11 years ago

Would have given it 10 if possible.

Great story, one of the best.

mcmilwpmcmilwpover 11 years ago
Aww, shucks, what a let down.

After four chapters of decent writing, lots of angst and good plot, what happened?

Poor, poor editing, - I had to look around several times, to find which 'he' or 'she' applied to which character!

Poor plot, - the presence of Crystal and her gun at the shooting was a complete non sequitur, the whole shooting event was so trite, Mills & Boone would have edited it out.

In summary, the whole chapter felt as if you we're trying to get out of the house as soon as you could. Perhaps you were late for a tee time? A tribute to DQS and HDK. No way.

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveover 11 years ago
Excellent

So the impossible happened. Hardy and Gwen are together again. Will it last? Will they re-marry? Will the Eagles win the Super Bowl? I'm confident we'll have a chapter 6. Excellent work.

xparksxparksover 11 years ago
wow!!!!!

Looking forward to the next

Chapters. Damn good story! Any siblings for Melissa?

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Truly entertaining

After a very long time I found a captivating drama series that I savoured. Will now read more of your work.

Keep it up.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Good storyline with some problems

I have to agree with mcmilwp, who wrote early on in the comments about the problems in this story. In addition to his/her comments, was the "grow some balls" segment a flashback? I felt jerked around in a time machine or something...

This could have used a second pair of eyes to smooth out the storyline, fix some of the grammar and punctuation problems and, in general, get the underbrush out of the way.

romaq7705romaq7705over 11 years ago
really???

this is new twist for the raac crowd, reconciliation via rape??? you should have stopped at chap4.

solotorosolotoroover 11 years ago
Hardy is betrayed by the bitch and now by the author.

Don't undestand why so many writers here spend so much time building up what appears to be a rock solid character only to fuck it up in the end. OK, maybe the character isn't likable maybe he's even a SOB, but that is what you made him. To turn around and have him act so far out of character is stupid and not even worthy of the most hackneyed writer. If you were going to have him wimp out in the end, you should have built that quality into his personality from the get go. Sometimes stories and characters get away from us, but you don't just pull shit out of your ass to fix it. You need to let them go in the direction they want and need to go. In my writing I have found that stories can be like children; we may think we have everything planned out, but they turn out to have a mind of their own. That is the next lesson in your evolution as a writer.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
extreme

love this story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Very good...

The only possible result for two people who loved each other the way they did. Neither of them were perfect, but they were perfect for each other.

OldMarineVet

cliffhanger20cliffhanger20over 11 years ago
IS IT OVER THE TOP?

Yep, in a real good way! I have read many of your stories, and they are great. I'd be willing to bet money that you could write a really good western story. Just a thought.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Another one of those pompous asses whom learn few long words and use them in hope that average reader would think he is great and clewer.

He isn't, just full of Bull Shit ! "1*" !

(PS> some of the "big" words he is using are out of context and he obviously doesn't know its meanings)

qhml1qhml1over 11 years agoAuthor
Anon, glad you're back. I've missed you.

I'm not sure what 'clewer' means, but you're probably right, I'm not.

Want a big word?

Chronosynclasticinfindibilium

As always, thanks for reading.

QHML1

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago

emotional...good story...but u really didnt need anne in this story

monkcalmmonkcalmalmost 11 years ago
Selfish Bitch

Great writing cool story, but she is a manipulative selfish lesbo bitch and deserves death and dismemberment, first from your story she never felt she did anything wrong, the proof first thing after real divorce in which she beat him, goes off with a lesbo affair ,so we know she had a back up plan all along so no real commitment there! the divorce was always his fault she never wanted it for she the lesbo could never do anything wrong or see his side being a lesbo, why lesbo alot because if a man had a gay affair after marriage went this way you know it would be oh she avoided a fag there!

the other thing is no bi wives all lesbo or not ,bi are sluts waiting to cheat- harsh but true. You may be a couple but you aint married .

RhomanovRhomanovalmost 11 years ago
Great Read

Any chance of a followup?

He has some seriously dangerous demons still buried.

Good write.

Thx

SELSTIMSELSTIMover 10 years ago
Fanfuckingtastic

This was always one of my favorite big words. I love your work or passion however you perceive it. I wish I could write like this. I have read "The Cost" three times and each time it amazes me. I can't get over it's symmetry. I always wonder how many rewrites it took to get the final draft. Me?, I would still be writing. Thank you for the time and effort it takes to produce such entertaining stories. Besides, it's hard to find fault with anyone who likes stories by DSQ, OHIO, and HDK.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Ambivilance

I was kind of hoping Anne would come down with genital herpes after her totally slutty stay on the island. She was truly, the good time had by all. She could never have oral sex again. Gwen could have come down with genital herpes in her throat. Gwen never really changed. She was still an exhibitionist, total nudity at an open beach.....just like Paris. She switched from Allen to Anne and cocaine to liquor. She still got off on the effect her body had on her daughters young friends.. I like your overall story, but you never convinced me Gwen was worth his love. I don't think the leopard ever really changed her spots...which is why she and Anne snuck into the bathroom to swap spit.....way to many discrepencies in personalities to get my sympathy.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
yep

got to exist a gury boy writing cts

SplitAcesSplitAcesabout 10 years ago
WTF! I threw up in my mouth.

So suddenly, Gwen is a hedonistic practitioner of deviant sex? And it's a beautiful thing... NOT!!! Apparently Hardy is wise and all knowing; not a stubborn fool after all.

javmor79javmor79about 10 years ago
Great story.

Great story. I like this reconciliation. She grew up during the course of this story and has worked her ass off to get her husband back. Forgiveness does not make him weak. Whoever believes that "real men with balls" are the ones who never forgive, then I feel sorry for you. Everyone has done something that they would like to be forgiven for. If everyone worked as hard as she has worked for forgiveness, then they would have earned the right for a little redemption.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
to monkclam

stop guzzling the jizz you suck out of the fat cocks you smoke - just because you have no 'nads doesn't give you or any clam the right to ingest so much semen.

green117green117almost 10 years ago
interesting construction

The introduction of Melissa Sue was inspired - not only does it widen the possible identification targets (how many people populating LW stories can teenaged girls identify with?) but it cleverly shadowed the underlying question of Hardy, "can anyone get over their beginnings?".

Thus, it validates all of the trajectories of the earlier story.

Nice.

And the kinky sex was approachable too.

Green-something

(and seeing HDK screaming for bigger tits in the comment section was worth the price of admission as well.)

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago

wahoo thanks

shareher4funshareher4funabout 9 years ago
Very well done! Thanks!

The series was superb! Little things a publisher would surely have provided coaching to correct (or omitt) are all I observed as possible criticisms. I say this only to emphasize that I mean to compliment your story telling. I enjoyed it thoroughly!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
A perfect story

I stayed up until 5:00 this morning to finish this one. Most likely the best one I've ever read. I'll be sure to read more of your stories. It's good to read a story where there is no wimps or cucks here.

rightbankrightbankabout 9 years ago
what ever happened to Cannaday and associates?

and, what happened to your proof reader?

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
So very, painfully dragged out.

Lost my interest in this chapter. The Waltons move to Bama. RTR

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
some people would not be happy if they ccould not find a missplaced comma

Thank you thank you You brought them back together. With 1 more chapter you will break them up then do it again

Ed Grocott

edgrocott@gmail.com

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Sorry, but I was not impressed...

With Hardy at the end. He folded for her physical beauty, setting aside what he knew to be her flawed character. She's not capable of fidelity and he knows it. She will proudly show him off, grow tired of him and wander. He deserved better. She deserved less.

ScorpioJJScorpioJJover 7 years ago
Satisfied

Q, I enjoyed this tale of love. I know the BTB guys hate it. I like a good BTB wen the woman deserves it. Gwen made some big mistakes and sacrificed her entire (shallow) way of life to redeem herself. In the end the focus on family was what really sold it.

Good job

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Wimp!

One of the longest wimp stories ever!

Obviously written by some kind of non-man or a women.

BBeinhartBBeinhartover 6 years ago
Anonymous,

Just shut up.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
1*

wimpy cuck shit.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Well developed story

I love the detail and description. A few minor errors. Overall well written, BUT...

The Gwen character has not fundamentally changed. She is still the same manipulative selfish immature woman started this tale. Hardy understands this but I guess he doesn't feel that it matters. Or that Trust matters.

Gwen's broken promises include starting a family, promising her father about not destroying Hardy, promising to stay faithful and forsake all others, living her life lonely in a prison of her own making, not having sex with anyone again, not having sex until her divorce is over, etc, etc.

She also says that Hardy threw her away. This is completely false. She threw him away by the constant disrespect and deliberately cheating on him.

She is still manipulating him, with numerous people helping, to satisfy her own selfish needs.

She loves him soooooooooo much that she cheated on him multiple times. Such an Expression of devotion.

I also don't like the girl on girl thing. Just why? It doesn't resolve anything and in fact adds another thing to hide from Hardy which is what got her in trouble in the first place.

And drugging and molesting him? That is NOT the actions of someone who loves you.

Finally it is frustrating that Hardy is going to put himself back in a situation that he knows is not right. He understands that trust is essential, that he can't trust her ever again, and still gets back with her. He deserves what he gets. Fool me once, shame on me, fool me twice shame on me.

Finally he is not to blame for her cheating. It is implied earlier that he was to blame for not being truthful about his past. This is BS. His past had nothing to do with what she did. His past never would have been brought up, except for her cheating. She doesn't lie about her expectations and cheat and none of his past matters because he had become a completely different person. Her actions broke him.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Loved it again

Great story again still enjoying it looking forward to the next part. Thank you

notredame43notredame43over 5 years ago
eh

i can see him not taking her back seriously, The old you cant unring a bell is true. If that to him is a line you cross and cant go back from ok thats a legit POV, Well written story but this kinda bugged me a bit for some reason.

chaoddicchaoddicabout 5 years ago
Think its perfect

Theyve finally come to where i hope will be a complete reconciliation. Gwenn has proven herself imo and neither are hapoy without each other.

.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
I do not really get Hardy's reluctance

I like the story (despite some misspellings), except I am unhappy with Hardy's reluctance to forgive and move, and his lack of contrition. Gwen's mistakes were not that awful. Her first session was was a mistake in having anything to do with Allen (but he was her colleague), but she did not intend to cheat and was under influence of drugs when she did have the sex. She made another mistake in having a drink with Allen the second time, but she was basically raped. It is not like Gwen was a serial cheater. Thereafter, Gwen recognized and repeatedly begged for forgiveness for the errors, and had clearly changed from the person who had previously disrespected Hardy and became a very good person. On the other hand, Hardy had smashed Gwen in the mouth and put superglue in her hair forcing her head to be shaved and dragged her by her hair. Hardy's violence was unconscionable. Yet, at no time does Hardy apologize or beg forgiveness for what he did. Hardy had an affair before divorce; but Gwen did not. In short, I like Gwen and think Hardy is a jerk who did not deserve to have Gwen return to him.

jtwheelsjtwheelsalmost 5 years ago
Damn story I want it shorter but can see very little to cut

4 stars

Grimjack01Grimjack01over 4 years ago
Damn I want MORE

This was one of the best stories in here, 5 stars, I can't say enough how much I enjoyed it.

Horseman68Horseman68over 4 years ago
Five Stars and More.

Marvelous story. Absolutely the best of the craft on this site and elsewhere. Massive bravos.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Horseshit!

You did it. You RAAC'd them. I thought this was a tribute to Steele? I'm sure you remember he DIDN'T RAAC them! You've dragged them thru every imaginable scenario and he still divorced her. And this chapter did nothing to make me think he changed his mind and could suddenly trust her. Well written but a horrible ending.

SleeperyJimSleeperyJimabout 4 years ago
An Epic Saga

Redolent with the scents of jasmine and magnolia, and the sights and sounds of the character of the south, the way all imagine it to be. I really enjoyed this one from start to finish, and really liked the little potted fates of all the characters at the end.

A really good read!

Well done, sir!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
I just don't care anymore

Why am I bothering. Hardy is is a psychopath. A high functioning one but still a psycho. He isn't worth it. He is a terrible and horrible human being. Gwen was bad yes but Hardy is way way worse morally. Oh and she is a bisexual now?

I sometimes question the rating system. Q has written some amazing stories but this one just drags on and on.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Gatsby doesn't know what a psychopath is

He is probably the kind of pajama boy who enjoys cuck stories. I think strong men must frighten him.

A solid chapter. An outstanding series

MarkT63MarkT63over 3 years ago
Damn RAAC!!!

Hardy can now change his name to CUCKY!!!

MarkT63MarkT63over 3 years ago

Drugging and Raping does NOT inspire TRUST!!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

I think it's time you stopped writing stories for literotica & started churning out short stories or a novel. This is a fine story, with characters well drawn, & a very interesting story line.

want2beusedbiuwant2beusedbiualmost 3 years ago

I love this story, True love always finds away. These haters for them getting back together just don't get it, SOME people aren't perfect.

Thanks for sharing this, and dont mind the haters, its a great love story. (In my humble opinion)

Keep up the great work PLEASE!

secretsalsecretsalover 2 years ago

The end is quite fitting. Gwen considers Hardy beneath her for a good chunk of their marriage and finally tops it by cheating on him. After that, he won't consider a real relationship with another woman because apparently he couldn't find what he had with Gwen - were they not disrespectful enough, perhaps? And finally, their reconciliation is triggered after she practically drugs and manipulates him. But turns out that's what he was missing all along. These are some sick puppies. Clearly have the capability to do good deeds, as their actions show, but they're still pretty fucked up. Too damaged to make anything work with anyone else, so they might as well stay together.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

qhm1 killed this story in this last chapter. I've seen it many times when a writer can't make a reconciliation work and have to find some ultimate measures to sell it to the readers. It didn't work for me at all. Well written, interesting plot to a certain point, but this last chapter killed everything to me. first, the reformed spoiled girl get drunk, involves in a quasi lesbian affair. And then to win her husband back she drugs him and manipulated him proving that she didn't change or love him at all. Crappy ending. The first four chapters deserved a better effort.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

This has been a great story.

Some instructed criticism. It does not fit that she hadn't lost her love affair and has even worse that she went home with the assistant DA Jerry after the after thee forum dance. That part absolutely does not work and it was a real mistake and going in that direction and you watch that and not do it again because everybody's come in it on it. The more you kept it real and on track and consistent with reasonable good sense the more you did that the market who had sucked in.

Also I personally resent the introduction of a black male being the best book of any white woman's life that's a total myth that's absolutely stupid it's racist and I wish everybody would just stop doing it.

OK those are my negative points on my positive side dempt hastic Turkish development great stray line evolution

Superb execution of Southern and northern culture.

A thorough enjoyable read

I mentioned earlier that you write better than most of the authors in literotica loving wise and I truly mean that. Rochi fapid the sexist not an appealing thing but when you put that kind of sex and love and Passion together in a real relationship it has seriously positive impact.

You did that pretty damn well.

Again a great story please keep him coming.

- Hi country rider

Raleighman53Raleighman53about 2 years ago

Read the series again. This is one of the top stories on this site.

Boardman68Boardman68about 2 years ago

I am really enjoying this story. I can identify with Gwen having culture shock from moving from New England to Birmingham, AL. I am a transplanted Yankee to the South. The little slower pace of life compared to Boston; the genuine, & welcoming hospitality of family & friends; great weather (yes, you do get used to the hot summers particularly b/c the winters are so mild (it's Feb 23rd today in Birmingham & the temperature is sunny & 76 degrees; etc.

I think her father made a wise decision to relocate her to the Birmingham branch from Boston.. After blowing up her marriage, a change of scenery away from all that is familiar & reminding her constantly failures, etc. She was only 28 years old when she destroyed her marriage. Her father (I assume) was hoping she could make a new start in Birmingham; her grow up & learn to make better decisions.

As some readers have mentioned before, I don't think the scene where she drugs her ex-husband fits with the story or would be something that Gwen would do. No matter how desperate she was I don't think that is something her character would do. Why? (1) She cheated on her husband the first time in Paris. While she & Jerry were partying & drinking, Gwen was still under control & faithful until Jerry convinced her to have some cocaine.

The drugs pushed her over the top. (2) She officially blew up her marriage when she invited Jerry into her condo to share some new champagne he brought by...even though she knew her husband was arriving shortly. Of course, the champagne was spike with a drug cocktail & in short order she was screwing Jerry in her marital bedroom.

The two worst moments of her life involved her using drugs. But irregardless, Gwen (just like Jerry) secretly drugs her ex-husband, ties him to the bed & then, screws him whether he wants it or not.

I don't think. I think that drugging her husband would remind her too much of what Jeff had done to her. She wouldn't have done it.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userqhml1@qhml1
8903 Followers
Can you believe that soon I will have been writing here for ten years? I never imagined I'd last that long. I figured I would run out of story ideas long before now. Instead I've filed over a hundred story ideas yet to be written. I'm retiring in a few weeks. I'm going to us...

story TAGS

SIMILAR Stories