All Comments on 'A Bestiary of Monster Girls'

by MatthewVett

Sort by:
  • 24 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Great!

Very clever and well written, a lot of fun to read. 5 stars

ReiDeBastosReiDeBastosover 11 years ago
You Lost Me

...at "Herman the German". Give me a break.

Against my better judgement, I slogged through up until a few sentences through the first "monster" description.

I should have listened to my better judgement.

ReiDeBastosReiDeBastosover 11 years ago
I sit corrected

To the person who sent me Anonymous feedback informing me that there are at least two historical figures known as "Herman the German, as can be seen here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Herman_the_German

Thanks for the education!

If apologies to the Literotica author are in order, I hereby make them. However, it still strikes me as an odd term to use, without comment, in what is ostensibly a scholarly treatise.

jpz007ahrenjpz007ahrenover 11 years ago
Le sigh...

Theres never any middle ground with vampires is there? Always either horrifying killers or "Oh, thats not what we are." Did either Herman or Niccolò care to think that the reason noone ever comes back from a vampire is that they're just that good in bed?

Side Note: Seriously mean commentary on this page. Kinda sad.

HurbsterHurbsterover 11 years ago
Old school vampires rule.

I enjoyed this, it's nice to see some vampires of the old school, reminded me of the descriptions you got in the AD+D and Warhammer FRP bestiaries. Nowadays it's all sparkly bollocks or Rice's 'tragic vampires' (give me strength), or the 'waifu' type we get from MGU and Mr Cross.

Good stuff

RubicanteRubicanteover 11 years ago
Fantastic!

I loved it! I wonder if maybe it belongs in the "humor & satire" category, though.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Does the name "Kenkou Cross" mean anything to you?

Assuming his work isn't where you took your inspiration from, I think you'd enjoy his "Monster Girl Encyclopedia".

MatthewVettMatthewVettover 11 years agoAuthor
Author Here

@Anonymous, I was more inspired by Daily Life with Monster Girl. I didn't like the Monster Girl Encyclopedia that much. It all seems a bit contrived.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
any more?

this was interesting but i would like to know if there are any stories involveing these creatures (no vampire stories i read enough) especially for the spider and snake girls...me want porn stories of them!!! idk why but they seem like they would rock any ones world,if they dont eat you that is...

MatthewVettMatthewVettover 11 years agoAuthor
Author Here

@Anonymous, if you want a good story with a snake girl, I recommend reading Daily Life with a Monster Girl. It's a cute manga.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
a hoot

A delightfully amusing read and wonderfully sly.

MatthewVettMatthewVettover 11 years agoAuthor
Author Here

@softbite, You might be the first person to get the humor...

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Great story

I loved it. My favorite part was the part about the Minotaurs.

Akito01Akito01about 11 years ago
The AD&D monster manual as erotica

I think anyone of a certain age remembers the hardbound volumes of AD&D books and, if sufficiently geeky and horny, ruminating on the various scenarios one might sexually engage a naga or succubus and the like. This was a super fun read, and I love how the sexual encounters are academically referenced rather than explicitly detailed. Having played Dark Souls, I'm sure there is now a new generation of young people who are imagining the sexual potential of a spider-woman...

edwards21edwards21almost 11 years ago
Incredible read

Not the sexiest thing I've ever read, but I have to admit, your mastery of history even to alter it is pretty impressive. Well done!

spentbobspentbobover 10 years ago
Very Entertaining

Enjoyed this a whole lot, would love to read more! Amusing, interesting, and arousing. :)

LytharLytharalmost 9 years ago
Wow

I have to say it again: Wow. I loved the way you wrote this and would live to see more "volumes" of this glossary in the future including things like dryads, elves, nymphs, and other sorts of beings. It'd be quite fun to read, for sure!

SPARTAN047SPARTAN047over 8 years ago
Hilarious!

Very humorous and well-written.

The only creature I HATE after reading this is the vampire, but the only way you can pretend to like them is after seeing Twilight (#bleh).

Otherwise, who minds a little danger when dealing with exotic beings who'll love you for life? I hope there are epilogues about how the werewolf cubs take after both parents. ;)

QuinceQuinceover 8 years ago
Delightful

This is terrific; sexy, imaginative, a weird amalgem of the Croyland Chronicles, the old D&D Monster Manuel, and J.K. Rowling. Many thanks.

ErotFanErotFanover 7 years ago
Grins galore!

Gomorrahmy? I was loathe to even plug that one into Wikipedia (pun intended). Alt spelling: Gomorrahme?

After an intro like that you had set yourself up for humorous expectations. Fortunately, for this reader you did not disappoint!

Is there more in this bag (genre)? Or has the muse moved on?

Kudos for an enjoyable piece.

Have you consisered submitting this to any Fantasy mags?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Contrived..

is the only word that comes to mind.

TJSkywindTJSkywindalmost 4 years ago

Very different. Only major faux pas I found was: "Daedulus construct for her a false bull, in which she hid and thereby received the bull's issue." I think that should be "cow" not bull, for why would a bull mount a bull to receive issue? Rather the bull attempting the mount might receive the OTHER horn for his efforts instead.

This is an old story, so likely there will be no corrections. Thanks for sharing. Slainté

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

This is an excellent piece of historical perspective fiction! I love the two different perspectives of the two authors and the humor used against the first authors descriptions of the beasts. I can see an entire encyclopeidia of the monsters and beasts of the world done in this fashion!

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

There are more of these creatures all over the place, including the Wendigo, Bigfoot, Mothman, even what could be considered aliens, like the Lizardman of Scape Ore Swamp. One could also use insects as well in their monster girl stories, such as bees, like the Killer Bees, wasps such as the Murder Hornets that recently appeared in the US, Bombardier Beetles,which can eject BOILING HOT chemicals at enemies, Ants that are known to do some bizarre things. There are other creatures in real life that are very dangerous, thus can prove useful in monster girl stories, such as fire flies that light up the night, and can be used in a monster girl story as well. Nice work here on this. ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous