All Comments on 'Words Can Hurt'

by elphaba69

Sort by:
  • 6 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Please continue writing.

I am always amazed at the level of rudeness that the comment section generates. No one is getting paid to post stories and no one is paying to read the stories. In my profession, I have to write a bit, so I understand how hard it is to compose. Tactful and useful comments inspire me to write better (though I will never find it to be fun), but dismissive comments will always cause me to lash out. Like shooting a pistol, excellence requires practice and good coaching. Please continue.

CarcamCarcamover 11 years ago
I agree!!

I'm sorry, but I haven't read any of your other works (as yet), but this one. But this one, it is so true - not only of writing, but of life in general. I wish I had a dollar for every time I had to get my foot out of my mouth. The sad thing is that once something is said or done, it can't be unsaid or undone, and it may come back to bite you in the butt in one day or it might take 40 years. A beautiful, well written story - keep up the good work - now I'll go back and read some more of your works.

Carcam

Mo_B_DickMo_B_Dickover 11 years ago
Or they can heal.

Your writing is wonderful. Forget those critics.

MisterSadeMisterSadeover 11 years ago
They were probably scared and confused. But stand tall!

But your letter and all of your writing is an inspiration for me and my darling.

Truly appreciate your work.

And you for writing it.

elphaba69elphaba69over 11 years agoAuthor
thank you

Thank you to everyone who commented on this piece .

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
anon comments

I worked for a commander where I was the first formal step in resolving issues.

He told me that unless people were able to stand up and identify themselves their problem was not worth his of my time.

A lesson I learned the hard way (I think Mz Clinton is learning this one) Any thing you put on a public forum will never die. Words do hurt--make your words soft and sweet, it makes them easier to eat

(sorry cannot seem to get logged back in for some reason) an auhunter04

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous