All Comments on 'On Why I Write Erotica'

by Scheherazade73

Sort by:
  • 10 Comments
SPEN STERLINGSPEN STERLINGover 11 years ago
nice

I agree, especially in regards to the anonymous element. Writing erotica can be like talking about a fantasy to people you don't know. It allows you to get a little crazier than you normally would. or a lot crazier.

HarryHillHarryHillover 11 years ago
I just dropped in

after finding you had favorited one of my poems to say thanks, then hung around to read your words.

I wish my journey to this time and location had started as yours did, chronicling observation and emotions on page to fill a need to communicate (if only with myself) Ahh, but I fear I have found this sanctuary of enlightened thought too late to ever say all that boils within me.

Here's to a long affair with words. ...Well done by the way

Harry

CuriousAusGalCuriousAusGalover 11 years ago

Beautifully said. And I get it. I wish I had that somebody that you found, to get real with. My other half does not approve of my passion for erotica, but I'm tired of feeling dirty for it. This is a part of me. It will always be there. I love what you've said about respecting this part of me and I'm going to try. Thanks for the inspiration.

Deeply_TwistedDeeply_Twistedover 11 years ago
Truth, well written.

This was a lovely essay and I identified with a very large chunk of it. I also admire your skillful use of words and the way you effortlessly forge nice visuals with them.

Thanks for writing this!

frichfrichalmost 11 years ago
To thine own self be true...

A cliche? Perhaps - but in the end, all any of us really have is that internal voice that either drives us mad or gives us hope...if "hope" is the word. I understand your journey very well, having lived a similar one for over fifty years, and I both recognize and applaud your evolution as a writer - not that it matters what I or anyone else thinks of your efforts. The only real accomplishment of any writer is producing work of which he or she is proud...

Good luck on your future writing efforts, and bear in mind that the journey is often more interesting than the destination.

Frich

SubtextSubtextover 10 years ago
Setting That Part Free

I really think you hit it right on the mark when you say we need to define ourselves in a more complete way. We are not just our occupations (I don't even have one currently) or our opinions, but deeply complex creatures with strong desires. Unfortunately we feel we need to hide these parts away that seem too "strange" or "unconventional". And even when we express them initially we feel guilty about letting these parts out. But we are primitives as well as high flying spirits and the two don't necessarily exclude each other. Erotic writing is something I've just discovered after years of playing these fantasies in my head. The act of putting them to paper is empowering and frightening, but most of all, it's just plainly true.

Privates1stClassPrivates1stClassabout 9 years ago
You nailed it

Your sentence says it all. "The playground of the erotic mind."

When work is over and my mind relaxes, it frequently turns to plots for erotic stories. I don't try to invent them--they just appear seemingly out of nowhere. For years I ignored them, but after awhile I decided some were good enough to write down (or type into the computer). It's been my private playground for many years.

Thanks for posting your essay.

PhineasNPhineasNover 6 years ago
I hope you've found..

..what you're so desperately searching for. You're a talented writer and this site could use more like yourself. If you're still poking your head in here from time to time I hope you read this and are enjoying your life.

Bovary2011Bovary2011over 2 years ago

Great stuff. "I am this twisted dream...." Hope you've carried these discoveries on your travels. ...

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous