All Comments on 'Intimations of Mortality'

by demure101

Sort by:
  • 6 Comments
HarryHillHarryHillover 11 years ago
Sad

What is that quote? 'All beauty is fleeting...' 5ed

AngelineAngelineover 11 years ago
Beautiful!

And beautifully written! I'm not sure I think you even need to mention that this is Narcissus, but that's really nitpicking on my part. You've painted a vivid picture and woven your way into the narrative so delicately that the wonderful balance of the poem (youth versus age, innocence versus experience) blooms by the end like a flower. One of your best here thus far, imho.

sandybsandybover 11 years ago

Lovely descriptions of nature. Enjoyed this very much. My only critical comment would be to keep in mind that often with poetry less is more.

tazz317tazz317over 11 years ago
LIFE AND DEATH

mans utmost end. TK U MLJ LV NV

ishtatishtatover 11 years ago

Very good 5, but could do with a little light pruning here and there. You are very good at creating a rhythm, but sometimes could use that rhythm to better effect by eliminating unnecessary words and using that apparent gap to create emphasis. One or two words jar - amidst, beheld. Otherwise, Angeline's comments are on the mark, though in addition I wonder a bit whether the last seven lines are strong enough, or whether you really need 'em. I dunno.

DawnJDawnJover 11 years ago
Truth

Colonel Jessup, in the movie "A Few Good Men", said, "You can't handle the truth!" Neither could Narcissus...most self-absorbed people can't, you know?

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous