All Comments on 'Out In The Cold'

by LaRascasse

Sort by:
  • 40 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Very different

Kudos !!!! Nicely done.

Thanks Don

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
NOT GOOD

if i want violence i would watch reality tv or read the papers keep the garbage out of the incest area. this belongs in the NONEROTIC area.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Different.

I enjoyed reading the story it was a change from the norm.

Oh and ignore the anon., who can`t read beyond his little head and right hand!!!

ChasBChasBover 11 years ago
Why?

A sad commentary on the fact that superstitiion rules our lives in so many ways. The last thing these lovers do.is to support the very institution that preaches hatred of their love.

LordSlamdawggLordSlamdawggover 11 years ago
Sincere, Passionate but Teeth Grindingly Obvious & Cliched !

First credit must be accorded to the author for making me feel the love in the story between the two main characters. Further praise is due for the plot thread of having them displaced from home and on the run from the authorities.

The author created vibrant, intelligent characters who choose oblivion to solve a short term problem. The charges against them are minor ( if any ) . The two should have dealt with that and then left the state or even the country to be together.

This would have entailed a more involved conclusion but immensely more satisfying to the reader as in Hall of Fame . I'm guessing the author liked the hoary but vivid image of unity for his creations. To me though , this was a injustice but at least for a while I was under the illusion that this story could be good from start to finish .

That's better then most efforts in this genre where that illusion is usually dispelled by the third paragraph .

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago

Sad, eloquent, and powerful. I know that happy stories are more enjoyable to read, but this story was simply masterful. So eloquent and deep. I don't want to say this is the epitome of love as I don't want to condone suicide, but the love they held for each other was absolutely beautiful. Really well-written, and packing such emotion in two pages. Thanks for such a deep and eloquent story.

P.S Can you give Jake and Katrina a happy ending at least? Thanks.

MSTarotMSTarotover 11 years ago
".....wow."

If I hadn't read some of your other stories I wouldn't have seen it coming. I was hoping the old man by the box was going to be the guardian angel type and he would be there to bring the 'Hand of God' as it were down on the father.

But I know how you write.Smile. Five stars.

M.S.Tarot

ps. The father being a cop him using a nightstick baton would have helped to sell what he was a bit more.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Totally SUCKS, SUCKS & SUCKS

So they could find no way to escape other than suicide taking also the life of an unborn child? If there were minus star ratings that would be my choice.

digdaddyrichdigdaddyrichover 11 years ago
Not much of a happy holiday story

Bummer !!!

chytownchytownover 11 years ago
Well Written*

But the story was just a downer. Sorry!

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
well...

it lacked alot... it was a story... for what it had it was good...

but your still an ass... go write your depressing storys elseware... or at least after christmas

YDB95YDB95over 11 years ago
For the Scrooge in all of us...

Awfully dark, but that's obviously what you were going for, and well, you succeeded! The oppressively cheerful Christmas spirit can certainly get to us all now and then, and this is quite the antidote for that, a rather stark reminder that the merry season isn't merry for everyone. Love it or hate it, this is one of the most wholly original Christmas stories I've ever read!

MrGates801MrGates801over 11 years ago
Ignore the others

I say, a great story of love during the x mas season. True the characters died in the end but sometimes that's the reality of life that some people don't make it. Great story and keep up the good work.

RoukleyRoukleyover 11 years ago
A sorrow completes

this was intended as art. The author speaks from a deep understanding

that in the ways of love we're still a long way off from just letting

two people live their lives without penelty when in reality their love

is no more a danger to anyone else than a light drizzel on a cloudy

day.

If we as a society could just learn to just live and let live without

judgement for what we don't approve or understand.

Interracial, Homosexuality, Incest... seriously if its not hurting anyone

then shut the hell up.

This story brought me down and tugged my heart strings...

well done, well done.

delightdawndelightdawnover 11 years ago
Again

You once again make it difficult for me to articulate how I feel about this story. The sweet sadness of it.

TigersPetTigersPetover 11 years ago
It's not your typical escapism...

...and that evidently really, really bothers some of your readers. Well, it's their loss. This is very well-written. The poignancy is not overdone as lesser-talented writers would do. And, for those who do believe in an after-life, it could almost be a happy ending.

xelliebabexxelliebabexover 11 years ago

I am a happily ever after kind of girl and I always struggle when reading a tragedy. You write so well and i could feel the emotion you tried to convey.

RoukleyRoukleyover 11 years ago
Write more

Write more! I mean it--- get deeper & make a novel out of this--- its a perfect tragic love story

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago

Wow. I normally don't like brother-sister stories, but I'm glad I broke out of my box to read this one.

RinVonHellsing666RinVonHellsing666over 11 years ago
Just Amazing

wow ive never once cried over one of these stories but this story pulled me in til i couldnt hold back...thank you for a beautiful and emotional story

InBrightestDayInBrightestDayover 11 years ago
Depressing, But Very Well Written

This is one of those stories that I'm torn on. I can't add it to my favorites, even though I think it's great. As seems to be true with all your incest stories, it ends badly, and I end up feeling depressed after reading it. Having said that, it's clear depressing is what you're aiming for, which is why I rated it very high, in spite of it not being something I particularly want to read again.

It's a shame the story isn't getting the high ratings it deserves. I think a lot of people are simply confusing "upsetting" with "bad". Like "A Letter to My Sister", "Lucid Ending", "My Mother", "Siblings and Lovers" (technically not over yet, but come on, we all know it's going to end badly) and "Walking in the Rain", this story ends on a depressing note, and like almost all of your incest stories, there's a big emphasis on the "together in death" concept, but it's still well written, and it does a good job of accomplishing what it sets out to do.

Do I feel better having read it? No. But is it good? Yes.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
............what the fuck just amazing

Amazing!

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Not What I expected

While the characters and the situation was well written - it was not the ending I was expecting for a holiday story. Sorry - big fan of happy holidays stories. Will be lookign at your other stories.

Rugrat60

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
madhype

Why did you let the baby die

GirlintheMoonGirlintheMoonover 11 years ago

Reminiscent of Flowers in the Attic with the religious, Devil's Spawn aspects (yeah, I read that series, so what?) and the new bestseller Forbidden (though I didn't read the entire thing) because of the tragic edge.

I like your twist on the holiday, that you didn't choose to make it sappy or silly. The love between the siblings also came through and was very strong, making their deadly obsession/sacrifice believable!

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
sad...

that was soo sad. i almost cried. awesome work.

rockman2011rockman2011over 11 years ago
Awesome

I agree with you about the brother/sister genre. Always my favorite.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
WTF

What a totally depressing story,Good grief you are one morbid sick puppy. it's a story its just totally dark, will never read anything from you again.

OleguyOleguyabout 10 years ago
Pity !

What a pity that there are folk who cannot see past their own dickheads.

All the world does not drift along to their narrow ideas.

This guy was most impressed.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
bad

to bad it s not the father is dead but he still a killer

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Legacy

They should have went to the media and revealed everything before doing it. It would have ruined their father's reputation and shamed society to a lesser extent.

rightbankrightbankabout 9 years ago
I need to find something happy to read

not sure I like your family themes. Mother son, mom dies. brother sister, both die.

rightbankrightbankabout 9 years ago
underestimation of the century

Tags: cold

they froze to death.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
I read this when it was first posted, and it took me down then

I came back and read it again now, hoping to find nuances that I missed or didn't understand first time round, that would somehow make this story meaningful, and no, it just depressed the hell out of me again; you killed an unborn child for the story, that's just not done. I'm sorry, but I couldn't find those nuances I hoped I'd missed, that would somehow make this come out right, but they weren't there, they never were. You could have just written '.....and they all died, the end.' and it would have been just as meaningful an end to their story. Sorry, I 'no-starred' you first time round, I'm doing it again.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago

Well, that was depressing as fuck.

Chief3BlanketChief3Blanketover 8 years ago

Just an unbelievable sad and depressing story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
WTF??!!

He's an Iraq war veteran. Why didn't he kill that hypocritical sob, since he knew that he intended to kill him and was going to fuck his daughter... his sister/soulmate? What the hell was he afraid of after what he'd seen, done and been through?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Damn!

You're just full of giggles and a jovial sole aren't you. I've only read two of your short stories and both of them were bummers. If I wanted to be depressed I'd watch the news or read a crappy newspaper. You are not a happy person. And even so, why would you want to depress everyone who reads your stories. What a bummer.

The old guy

honybipolahonybipolaover 6 years ago
you're a good writer

your stories are really great but I hate sad endings since I read in leisure to escape the grim realities of life

DukeofPaducahDukeofPaducah13 days ago

Simply too tragic.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userLaRascasse@LaRascasse
1134 Followers
I like writing. Trying my hand at erotic writing now. Other facts about me: Galactic powerbroker. Benevolent celestial overlord. Compulsive dreamer. Confirmed sapiosexual. Fanatic bibliophile. Had the original idea for Facebook while I was still in utero. Interested i...