All Comments on 'Dear Anonymous'

by Cinner

Sort by:
  • 10 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Well ...

Since you appreciate me, I will take your stories more seriously and criticize, if necessary, constructively. Thanks.

CinnerCinnerover 11 years agoAuthor
Thank you very much

That, and that you do it civily, are all I ask of you...

-Cin

tazz317tazz317over 11 years ago
IF A PERSON HAS A BAD MEAL

does he send it back for a re-fix, or just shut up and leave, or try to get out of paying the ticket or just dummy up pay and go and not return. What a way to compare criticism. Good Job Cinner, TK U MLJ LV NV

tazz317tazz317over 11 years ago
#2 IF ANY PERSON PENS AND POSTS ANY STORY

be prepared for the naysayers, kooks and ANONS. They have every right to say their piece. That is the price an Author must accept, hopefully the Others outweigh them. TK U MLJ LV NV

monkeyman057monkeyman057over 11 years ago

Keep plugging away. Anonymous is quick to anger and often short on substance.

"People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it." - George Bernard Shaw

DetectiveSpecialistDetectiveSpecialistover 11 years ago
Anonymous can shove it!

I too have had to deal with these anonymous terrorists. Just recently I had one post a comment that I should put more bathroom sex in my stories. I don't know what that is, but I assume it has nothing to do with having sex in the bathroom. I for one think that Lit should remove the option to post a comment anonymously.

KreglesKreglesover 11 years ago
Dear anonymous, "if Yu nuh have nuttin good if seh, den shut Yu rass!!"

That's what Jamaicans would say, in English, "if you have nothing good to say, then shut up!! " These stories are fantasies, ours, yours, theirs.... We write what we feel and if you don't like it then don't read it.

Cinner, baby I love your stories and poems. I love your style of writing, you allow me to envision and feel the words as I read them. Keep on writing baby, at least for me....

CinnerCinnerover 11 years agoAuthor
Thank you to everyone!

The support for my piece Dear Anonymous has been overwhelming. I have received both public and private encouragement to continue writing; and for this I am grateful beyond measure. There are times when I get positive, and otherwise useful, comments from Anonymous but I feel that for the most part it is a mask used by someone to be cowardly and cruel in leaving feedback.

I have thought that Lit should remove the right for people to post anonymously as well. Many other sites have done this; but as I have said, some of these anonymous comments have been constructively useful and kind, and not only do I not want to lose those, but I feel that the Internet in general is losing the quality of being able to allow users to speak anonymously; and I believe very strongly in the principles of free speech and the right to privacy.

I hope that Anonynous will see, however, from my letter, from the comments here and from the news reports that tell us that online sites are being forced by the courts to reveal the identities of persons who bully others in cyberspace, that with this right comes a responsibility to use it with temperance and good sense. I have called on the spirit of Voltaire in my dealings with Anonymous, and I hope for the same kind of respect from anyone dealing with me.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
What can I say?

Sometimes your work inspires me to lunacy.

Sometimes I just disagree with what you write and can't live with myself unless I spout off steam out of every orifice.

Sometimes I am not mad at you but at myself for liking your story but being loathe to admit it.

BTW, that quote from Voltaire is a miss quote and I HATE YOU TO PIECES FOR IT!! (it was actually a quote from Evelyn Beatrice Hall, a biographer of Voltaire)

Oh, and one more thing, sometimes I forget to take my meds.

Try not to pay too much attention to what I say in the future. ;)

CinnerCinnerover 10 years agoAuthor
I can't...

I can't ignore you Anonymous. Some of what you say is very instructive. Take that Voltaire quotation for instance... I didn't know that! See, you've taught me that I need to do even more research than I do now! I can't take anything that I know for granted.

Another thing is that in trying to understand you, it didn't even occur to me that you might be off your meds! Sorry!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous