All Comments on 'The Surrogate Wife'

by DeYaKen

Sort by:
  • 82 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Where are the trolls?

So where are all the trolls who come out of the woodwork calling the woman in a cheating story (even one where the spouse ostensibly facilitates teh cheating) a whore? LOL Good story. Would have liked a little more sex but enjoyed the classic bike angle. Personally I think he should have kept banging both women. ;-)

bruce22bruce22over 11 years ago
Excellent story

There is a lot of space in here for various different stories but this first one sounds like the most reasonable way of playing out the situation.

Dear Anonymous below:

The trolls did not come out yet, but I suspect that most need to have it labelled "Loving Wife" in order to read a story..... I admit to certain difficulties with many Romance category stories because they are too sweet for my diabetes....

The strange thing is, that I was sure that Caroline was getting it on with Dave and thought that the Romance category was just protective coloration....

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
well

maybe the author just forgot to say that the husband had found out a long time ago that the wife fucked David for a long time.

personally I think it's to bad when something like that happens. it's just one possible ending but at least consistent.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago

Dont know why the dunb stayed married to Caroline anyway , it does not take a brain surgeon to figure out she had been fucking David all thisw time.

tazz317tazz317over 11 years ago
THIS BRINGS ON MIXED EMOTIONS

and lots of valid reasons to Comprehend, Ya Ken, TK U MLJ LV NV

tazz317tazz317over 11 years ago
#2 WAS A GOOD PLOY

bringing in the WHOs bass player, who died in Vegas. What was missing....was she cheating or was it PMS and stress....and she did give him a freebie card. Ya Ken. TK U MLJ LV NV

LordSlamdawggLordSlamdawggover 11 years ago
All Too Rife with Potential ?

.There was a " villain void " that further development of David's charity despot character would have filled nicely. I saw nothing overt about the D. - Caroline affair angle. This could have added spice & intrigue although this was was still a fine read.

I enjoyed Frank's vocational change from academic to classic bike mechanic as earlier comment also mentioned. Things in this story were a bit too understated for my taste. The awkward courtship by default of Mary & the narrator had well described alternating overtones of taboo & reluctant, budding romance.

At the end Frank was saying droll clipped responses to Caroline's too little - too late overtures to start married life anew. He matter of factly announces the end of their marriage and gives her ALL THE ACCRUED MATERIAL ASSETS . Is this some kind of reward for Caroline's benign neglect ( at best ) on emotional levels and total abdication at carnal ones ?

There was a great rant - soliloquy at the end left unsaid about how hurt Frank must have been to set aside from his wife's life on multiple levels. Perhaps the David Caroline potential affair question could have beem adressed definitively ?

But no. He merely gives her the legal papers & announces the generous terms. Maybe Frank was guilt ridden although the wife practically drove him to probably marry Mary the merry widow.

The would be Machiavellian matchmaker angle of the wife gave the " plot " a uncommon unique angle. Maybe there was a de facto Cupid fee in settlement . Caroline broke his heart but mended it by directing him to her acquaintance . Arghhh women !

Please understand I think this story is quite good but the previous points of plot dissention are where opportunities were missed to elevate this to possibly classic status. If DeYaKen has opted to tantalize ( and frustrate ) this reader with what was left unsaid, he has succeeded.

A fulsome yet frustrated four stars is allotted for I regret not awarding the fifth with this writer who is chock full of talent & intrigue ( too much intrigue , in this case ? ) . I have evaluated DeYaKen at full marks multiple times in the past & am looking forward to doing so in the future.

DeYaKenDeYaKenover 11 years agoAuthor
Explanation

OK folks, you have raised some good points so perhaps a little explanation is required.

Originally The story was to have more about Caroline. However, I wanted to submit it to Ether Books in two parts. They have a word limit of 6,000 words so I had to bring the two parts in at less than 12,000 words for the two. In order to do this without leaving too much confusion I decided to tell the story solely from Frank's point of view. If you were left unsure as to whether Caroline was having an affair, it is because Frank himself would also have been unsure.

I have thought about writing Caroline's story which would throw a whole new light on things. If you would like that then send me a PM.

john1946john1946over 11 years ago
Could have been

Thank you for explaining but, where this site offers the ability for longer stories, don't you think writing for this site and editing for another? I have never been to the other site and since I like "full" stories, guess I won't be bothering too. I feel you did leave out a major portion of what would have been a very good story.

ErotonautErotonautover 11 years ago
Rather an abrupt end

Given how long Frank mulled over his putative affair with Mary, he seems to decide to end his marriage with uncommon haste. As for the suggestions that Caroline had been having sex with the odious David, her own comments indicate otherwise: many women (and men) find themselves losing their sex drive in middle age, so it isn't necessary to invent a sexual rival.

Harryin VAHarryin VAover 11 years ago
Total abject Failure --

The STORY is NOT awful per se.. but the total Failure by the author to show the Husband with ANY intelligence or depth really kills this one.

And the ENDING is is so sudden and so anticlimactic that it really is deeply frustrating to the reader.

The author spends all this time building up... in great detail Frank's (the husband) pain and anguish that reader really connects and senses Franks frustration and neglect over the past years.

But the story ends with simply two or three paragraphs. The wife - Caroline- says one sentence about how she realizes how much she has hurt Frank. One god damn fucking sentence.

Author that is simply not nearly adequate enough given how well you set the premise of the story.

SECOND... What makes this even worse is that the husband NEVER drives home the point. Giving her a kiss on the head and saying "it's too late" is just TOTALLY inadequate an explanation and a reaction as to what the problem is. And in this sort of story where the reader REALLY wants to see the husband tear into her big time.

And this leads to the actual story itself.

THIRD... We don't really know what is going on with the wife and her loss of sex drive. Sure maybe it is hormonal or menopause. or Maybe the wife has somebody on the side - perhaps the guy on the board of directors that she spends over time with.

FOURTH ... and this is the KEY POINT... the husband NEVER actually gets around to discussing what has caused the loss of the sexdrive that goes on for years. Instead he just rolls over. When Franks gets one of those Passionate kisses from her... WHY doesnt he stop and say something like.."do you really think I am satisfied with that?..." Eventually the wife will get out some sort a hint or clue.

And the husband spends no time all investigating what's going on with his wife. Suppose she actually has a serious medical condition?

FIFTH ... Yes it is True that a lot of women in marriages in their middle age loose the sex drive. *** But they do NOT have to humiliate the husband in public **!!. That is a really big no no... For BOTH men and women.

Yet when the wife does that there is a brief conversation between the husband and wife after the party on the drive home buts that it . Frank never spends any time thinking about WHY the wife felt it was necessary to shit on him in public.

The evidence is pretty strong Carolina is fucking someone else at work

SIXTH ... Caroline's INTENSE desire to Make up a new past. Most women who lose sex drive the middle age /around menopause will not go out of their way to lie about their previous past sexual history with their own Husband !!!! Most of them will say " well we are not spring chickens anymore".... or something like " that was then this is now things have changed".

But to go out of their way to lie about THEIR PAST as a married couple and to make up a new history ...is a sign of immense dis-respect for the entire marriage.

The argument that the wife actually still loved her husband is simply absurd and not believable.

SEVEN ... And this is what makes this story soooooooooo fucking awful.

After they restore and sell the motorcycle the author has the husband expressing his LOVE... for a cold ....lying... possibly cheating wife.. who shows him a massive amount of disrespect and is unable to spend even a single evening with him.

But he still loves her? This story is like a bad joke

Harryin VAHarryin VAover 11 years ago
and keep in mind readers

The author is British and over there they seem to have this obsession with sitting on straight heterosexual men who are decent .

there is no other possible explanation form Caroline getting all of Franks wealth and home after years and years of hared neglect abuse and disrespect

Mousse9Mousse9over 11 years ago

Maybe I missed it, but did Caroline have an affair with David or not? I know that this is from Frank's POV, and if Frank doesn't know or never finds out, the reader shouldn't know either, but, well, I'm curious.

Caroline having an affair does fit in with what Harry mentions. The disrespect and telling Frank off in public, and rewriting their sexual history, for example. Caroline wanting to have sex with Frank again, REEKS of a wife trying to make up for having an affair by giving her husband some.

Caroline wanting Frank to take up with Mary because she doesn't have time for him, that's just..ugh. She gambled, and lost.

There's one thing I disagree with Harry though. The big, angry rant by the husband to the wife, of how much she had wronged and hurt him was missing, yes. But I think Frank wanting to divorce Caroline, drove the point home plenty. This is not the kind of Loving Wives story (heck, this is in Romance) where the wife doesn't get it, and the husband has to make a freaking Powerpoint presentation to force her to see it. Here, Caroline already knows. Except that it's too little, too late. The moment she says she wants to try again, he says it's over. Ouch.

As for the suddenness of Frank's decision to divorce Caroline, it's not a surprise at all. She cuts him out of her life, practically forces him into the arms of her friend to keep him busy, and expects him to just take it? Frank must've thought about divorce for months and months, even before he met Mary.

Personally, I think it's a strong ending.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Good idea, but ...

failed ending.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
BURN!!!

I wonder if the wife suddenly had a change of heart when she realized the husband was spending more time with his BFF?

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago

Forget about what the other site requires and remember Lit is an entirely different site that allows it to be as long as you want. As this one stands it's a failure, far too many questions left unanswered and ended rather abruptly. 1*

chilleywilleychilleywilleyover 11 years ago
I thought it was very well done

I knew a fellow who spent his weekends in the country, "helping on a farm" and the week in town. His wife in town accepted he had a second wife in the country, and that continued until his daughter found out and pushed mom to make him choose. He chose the country woman, and he and his wife were the worse for it.

So what's the trouble here? They clearly had a failed marriage and one puzzle was that they didn't divorce. Yes they loved each other, but she shut down sexually. Unrequited love is depressing and painful. Forced celibacy eats at one's mind, at least for many men. Our egos are so often tied to sex. Who knows what the wife was thinking when she pushed him out of her bed and towards Mary?. Maybe she felt guilty for having an affare, maybe just didn't want to have somebody asking, pulling at her tits for attention, even begging for what she wouldn't or couldn't give, and maybe she showed mercy to him.

Those who think there is only one true love for us are wrong. We may only fined one such love, but there are a lot of people out there we could be quite happy with. He found one, and day by day, neglected and put down at home, he found love and acceptance in another woman's arms, and is wife accepted it. So the wife says surprise! I'm home for good! I'll never be like I was to you, trust me! Sometimes you can't take back what you gave away.

If it were me, I'd be gone too. I thought this was a very good story for mature, thinking minds, and enjoyed it. As to length, these stories tend to be short stories, which ideally leaves some ambiguity and things unsaid. We use our imagination, and it keeps us thinking about the ideas presented in the story long after we have read it.. Good job!

Chilley

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Damn good.

It was a great read.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
unlike alot of your stuff

this one was a real good one. the ending was not expected but in the burn the bitch mode again well done

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Damned good story.

And well told, good plot and pace.

I enjoyed the ending even more!

HP

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
"You'd do it if you loved me"

And this story is a perfect illustration of why one NEVER shares their wife. If you can't have a complete life together (IE Can't please your spouse sexually, etc) then just end the misery and get a divorce, or accept the situation.

Frank was willing to live with his lot until his wife pushed him to another. She cucked herself like so many of the men in this catagory do. Dumb ass.

phd70phd70about 11 years ago
Good Tale and Excellent Lesson

Liked the story, although the situation was unrealistic. Why would wife turn off her sex life with husband? If she wanted to lose him that was a great step to take. If she wasn't having an affair with David, why did she loose her sex drive? For another point, I believe that a refusal to have sex with a spouse is grounds for divorce in many locals. It constitutes abandonment! Still a good story! Thanks DeYaKen! Dan

rohit7785rohit7785about 11 years ago
why do i feel she was cheating?

the way she had her libido back right after her boss's demise... It looks like she was a part of his harem as well... So to me its more of LW section than romance... And a good one in that section :)

cantbuymycantbuymyabout 11 years ago

yes i liked this one a lot.

cantbuymycantbuymyabout 11 years ago

rohiot - i reread this again and you are right. no woman loses it then suddenly gets it back after her boss suddenly leaves. the slut was getting fucked by the boss and telling her husband no, so now she is a cuckqueen. really well written.

TavadelphinTavadelphinalmost 11 years ago
She is not supid -

She is controlling and selfish -

She set him up to go out and get it elsewhere so he would take care of her home - while she got what she wanted from David -

Just like she emasculated him at the meeting she wanted to run everything else for her benefit with no regard for him - she got only part of what she deserved

Well written and well conceived - he was too trusting and naive you did him well -

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Presto chango?

So I missed the part where his wife goes from having no sex drive and then has a sex drive. What was her explanation? That was a great mystery in this story. Plus which, I think he offered her too much in the divorce settlement.

dairetodairetoalmost 11 years ago
Another enjoyable story

Fantastic story, i felt sad about his wife in the end though...maybe you could write a story about her?

papaw64papaw64almost 11 years ago
Wife's sex drive

The way things worked leaves me to believe the wife was having an affair with David. She goes from having no sex drive to wanting sex all of a sudden and it happens after David gets kicked out of the chairmanship Along with her extra hours decreasing! Plus her pushing him to have the affair with Mary is the sign of guilt.

gulshannraygulshannrayover 10 years ago
THE SURROGATE WIFE

The story is good but not the end. Not that he does not have good reason to divorce but the story could have more compassionate ending forgiving the wife but in the course of that convince the wife to compromise to regular three some living and make both women also happy and self to live happy ever after asit is not uncommon in the situation infact would have been appreciated in such circumstances.

gt_readergt_readerover 10 years ago
Ended with a whimper, not a bang

I didn't think it was a bad ending. The marriage was toast. It started dying years before and then Caroline pushed Frank into a relationship with Mary. Caroline knew and was ok with it. The marriage was dead by the time that Frank and Mary got back from their vacation together. The exact time of death of the marriage is uncertain but Frank is just dealing with the remains when he asks for the divorce.

Yes, there could have been a big blowout and much accusing and gnashing of teeth and baring of souls. It would have changed nothing and would just have caused all three of them more distress. Frank decide to just let it go quietly into the night and things ended not with a bang but with a whimper.

MattblackUKMattblackUKover 10 years ago
5* story

A tale of lies and manipulation by the wife who -suddenly- decides she wants her toy back from the friend she gave it to. Not happening, too bad.

TornadoTysTornadoTysover 10 years ago
Anti Climax Ending !

The story left some scope to imply that the wife may have been seeing David. When he resigned from the board the wife had more spare time and her libido back for her husband. She pushed her husband and Mary together perhaps out of guilt for fucking David !

I would have liked the wife to fight for husband at the end and even consider sharing him with Mary in order to keep him.

Sam37Sam37over 10 years ago
I wanted more

Well done.

I don't feel like the story completely resolved, though. Too many unanswered questions. Then again, a good writer leaves room for the reader to insert himself.

Hm.

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333over 10 years ago
Loved it

Very fitting ending. Five stars.

Rockyderek_caRockyderek_caabout 10 years ago
Still good second time round

But, our here shoud've been shagging our lovely, sex deprived widow way before you allowed it in your tale.... Stingy bugger! Working in her garage gor months and they don't get it on?? Bollocks!

xtchrxtchrabout 10 years ago
Good But....

A real good story. I enjoyed reading it. I would have liked a little closure as to why the wife returned all of a sudden. Was it because of her affair?? Was it finally over???

I enjoyed how he ended it but I would have liked a little more. Why not rub it in wife's face a little. She caused it all. However, that's my opinion. I still enjoyed the story and it entertained me. Thank You

WilsonMeisterWilsonMeisterabout 10 years ago
Wife's Affair with David had come to an END - OBVIOUSLY…

as "xtchar" stated, her affair with David has obviously come to an END, but TOO LATE for Him & Mary as their relationship had become too loving for them to give it up.

A Very Good & well written BTB Story…

fanfarefanfareabout 10 years ago
DeYaKen, sorry....

DeYaKen, tough beans old boy. That you didn't check in advance with the spelunking trolls, for writing your story. The concept of the author writing as they prefer, the story the author wants to tell, how they prefer to tell it. That concept is way beyond the limited intellectual capacity of the BTB lynchmob.

It saddens me at the wasted expenditure of taxpayer's hard earn pfennings, for these perpetual adolescents misseducation. Hopeful;y, as ObamaCare expands, there will be expanded the mental health facilities to deal with the these poor creatures. So emotionally traumatized when their vinyl blow-up dolls exploded in their faces.

InescuInescualmost 10 years ago
Interesting read

I'm not sure if its intended or not, but all the signs indicate that the wife was having an affair, the end of which precipitated her wanting to return to her husband (in all real respects she'd left him). Very well written until the end which is a bit flat and feels unfinished given the build up of tension.

Also, that rationalization about letting your spouse take lovers if you can't 'fulfill' them if you truly love them is the biggest load of crap I've heard in awhile. Any woman that I was seeing that ever gave me that bit of self serving crap would be out the door. Either fix things or leave. This whole willing cuckold thing that so many men seem to be into just makes me angry.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Carolines vire would be good... but it would probably not be appreciated.

I would like to see Carolin's views. But sometimes it is good not to know. In a lot of cheating wive stories, the husband suspects and becomes a Mickey Spillane, or he walks in on them, or she tells him something outlandishly stupid, like "honey I have a date tonight" (Matt Moreau style). But the truth is a lot of times the man (or woman) does not really know. . When that happens the author has a lot of choices.The writer here did good. The more the readers know the more opinions on what he should of done. In this case the writer put the readers in the same boat with the hero.... good writing.

DeYaKenDeYaKenover 9 years agoAuthor
Why don't you people get an account.

When a reader really gets it the way anonymous just did I always want to write and thank them for pointing it out. Because he/she doesn't have an account I can't do that.

The facts are that he was spot on. The whole idea was to see it through Frank's eyes. Yes he wonders whether Caroline is having an affair and he suspects that it might be with the obnoxious David. He doesn't know if it's true and he really hopes that it isn't.

Ordinary people in Britain don't go searching for private investigators, they cost too much. Unless the cheaters are stupid they don't get caught, so people like Frank have to endure not knowing and end up acting on their suspicions. He doesn't know if she's having an affair, but he thinks that he does know that she no longer wants or needs him. So he acts on what he thinks he knows.

Slowride_Slowride_over 9 years ago
Well Done!

I appreciate your work, and I enjoyed this one. You could have added two pages of emotions and tying up all the loose ends, but why? So we readers have to use our imaginations now and again, and it worked here.

AmbivalenceAmbivalenceover 9 years ago
The divorce didn't surprise me - how long it took did...

Her losing her libido is one thing... and maybe something he could have lived with.

Her apparently losing her respect for him, her desire to even be around him, her interest in him in anyway - those are all things a person shouldn't ever be able to get around.

And the thought that she almost ARRANGED for him to get involved with Mary...?

That had to feel like a parent telling a kid to "go watch TV and stop bothering me." Where's the love in that kind of action...?

She did it "so she felt in control"...? What right did she have to basically say "fuck off" and think any of the resulting actions should be in "her control"...?

Whether the choice she made was her job or David (if she was having an affair), in neither case was it her husband. Good riddance.

sdc97230sdc97230almost 9 years ago
I can see it

It was one thing for Caroline to lose her desire for sex. It happens. And then she arranged for Frank to get what he needed from Mary. That happens too, and it can be a truly loving wife not wanting her husband to have to do without what she can no longer give him.

But when her situation at work changed and all of a sudden she "got it back" and wanted Frank to drop Mary, it became undeniably clear that what she had wanted all along was for him to be there or not there totally at her convenience and that his needs really meant nothing to her. And that was the end of love and respect that triggered his decision to divorce.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
What did Caroline expect?

After all, she set him up with Mary. Did it never cross her mind that something like this might happen? Not very clever of her. Seems like she wanted to have her cake and eat it too. Didn't work out for her. Too bad.

rightbankrightbankover 8 years ago
Caroline's plan

worked a little too well, for her.

For her to say she lost interest (coincidentally) at the same time as she began spending more time with her new supervisor, and then found it again when that same supervisor left his position, was as easy to see through as polished glass.

walrus90walrus90about 8 years ago
No Way Caroline wasn't Cheating!

All the signs are there. Coming home late again and again after "reporting" to that very doubtful character Daniel. I mean, really, how much can there be to report? The only thing she does differently is the way she goes out of her way to get hubby together with Mary. But then, as soon as her lover is out of the picture, she wants things back to what hey were before. Pretty naive of her!

Ib_SaysIb_Saysabout 8 years ago
Was Caroline cheating?

My first thought is that Caroline was having an affair with David and cut her husband off, the harem comment certainly indicates that he seduces women in the trust, as well as her showing classic signs of cheating.

After David was ousted, he must either have moved away, shown his true colors to her in some manner, or just lost his allure now that he isn't in a position of authority.

She must have used Mary as a way to keep her husband as a safety net, not expecting them to fall in love.

McAnonMcAnonalmost 8 years ago
Pity

It's a pity this tale is based on a very flimsy premise. Caroline is supposed to be a very intelligent and well ordered person yet she decides to basically deny her husband all his conjugal rights and the intimacy that goes with marriage. She also pushes him onto Mary and claims she knew he would satisfy himself there but now thinks all she needs to do is shout "here boy" and he will come running back to Mrs Frigidaire. I don't think so. If she was half intelligent as was suggested she would never have let him out of her sight and if time was indeed limited, it never actually is, than made the most of it with him.

Still a good story I give it 4*

rightbankrightbankover 7 years ago
This is a classic example of

be careful what you wish for.

Caroline froze her husband out, pushed him into a relationship with Mary, all because she was spending so much time with David. When David was no longer consuming her every moment and thought she decided she wanted her husband back. Too little too late.

Well written and quite realistic.

SelqSelqover 7 years ago
Very enjoyable and realistic.

The end was anticlimactic, but then the wife created the situation so that it was the most likely way to end.

I liked how you kept the perspective strictly the husband's, that way the readers have exactly the same facts as he does. Each of us can argue whether we believe that there was an affair, but without proof you can only take an educated guess. It does make for an entertaining time reading the comments. (Personally, I believe that she was cheating, and would have done similarly as the husband did. But, again, it is just based on suspicions)

Excellent story and thank you for writing. 5 stars.

chytownchytownover 7 years ago
Great Read****

Thanks for sharing.

ErotFanErotFanover 7 years ago
Nice romance story...

... contrived ending.

DevotedWifeDevotedWifealmost 7 years ago
One of my favorite stories of one of my favorite authors.

But then, I am hard-pressed to find a LW story I do not like, when the protagonist is a motorcyclist or a guitar player!

HomefrontWitnessHomefrontWitnessover 6 years ago
Fuck the sex, his wife was a shrew

What a loveless marriage to a henpecking, lying, dull wife he had. I'm assuming that the wife was banging David. It made no real sense for her libido to suddenly return right as he's out of the picture. Not that it should matter, with an unsupportive whining woman like that. Should've gone for the big D whether Mary was in the picture or not.

SpencerfictionSpencerfictionabout 6 years ago
Deserved

What a stupid selfish bitch! Well worked story, Caroline coming round to wanting sex again made the ending quite perfectly sweet for me.

Quadman07Quadman07about 6 years ago
Caroline was fucking David!

Caroline was fucking David and David was fucking the other women on the board to stay in charge. She goes from not wanting any sex and humiliating Frank in public to wanting sex several times a week AFTER David quits the board. Caroline was working late a lot, working on fucking David's brains out before she came home to Frank. The only change was Jonathan taking over for David! Frank kicking Caroline to the curb was the best thing for him!

etchiboyetchiboyalmost 6 years ago
Yes. The way way quadman was saying.

I was thinking the exact same thing. I was thinkIng the envelope Frank threw down was a PI’s proof of Caroline cheating, and just maybe divorce paper.

Caroline’s switch from fridged to horny, only after David left, was too good an action to not have it been an illicit love affair. It wouldn’t be a menopausal cause then, but from regular sex with David, to no sex with David, so now she’s horny for any cock. Incuding her husband’s.

Also, the way it’s told the story ends very abruptly. Falling for Mary. Caroline pushes him away after he really tried to get together. Keeps fucking Mary. Works with Mary. Caroline comes back. Frank and Caroline fuck 2-3x a week for, apparently, several weeks/months. And WHAM!!! Sorry Caroline. I love Mary. Here are the divorce papers. Bye.

Also, screwing Caroline 2-3x a week AND sleeping with Mary? What a schmuck, if in fact Caroline has not had an affair. She’s trying to get back in good with Frank. His wife of twenty years is trying. Frank has taken the sex offered. Now he is just using Caroline. If he had fallen in love with Mary, and had been in love and still loves Caroline, he would have tried to avoid Caroline. In effect weaning Caroline from him. He was just leading Caroline along, the way it’s told. Of course, this is all on the condition Caroline had not cheated.

This story was going ok, sometimes good, sometimes not so good, but overall ok. Then... full stop. Divorce papers. Bye. Sorry, but for me this gets 3-stars.

ScorpioJJScorpioJJalmost 6 years ago
Divorce was the best thing

If he had broken off with Mary, Caroline would slowly return to controlling him and denying him. She would eventually find another David (yes we all agree she was banging David), then she would cut him off again and he wouldn't have Mary. He made the right decision.

ValintValintalmost 6 years ago

I kind of like the fact that the wife's affair with David was never made explicit, because it didn't matter.

Having that conversation would have opened the door for her to lie about it, and argue about whether it happened or how far it went (while I think it's pretty obvious she cheated, I'm not 100% as to whether it was just an emotional affair, an EA + blowjobs or something similar, or a full-blown affair).

But at the end of the day, that's all irrelevant, since what really matters is just her abandonment and disrespect, and that he's already moved on.

... I do think that him fucking his wife while in love with Mary is a bit of a dick move, and the period of weeks (months?) where he's going home to fuck his wife after Mary made it clear that she was in love with him and wanted him to stay dragged on too long for me.

PowersworderPowersworderalmost 6 years ago

Caroline was a deceitful, disrespectful slut and was obviously fucking David all along.

Cutting her husband off from sex for years, making no effort at home, "out at work" late almost every evening. As for mocking him in public... he should have torn the evil bitch a new one in front of her colleagues.

So it was a good story, but the husband being so spineless and clueless made it less enjoyable than it could have been.

IainmoreIainmoreabout 5 years ago
Growing a Pair

Well he grew a pair in the end and the tale has a satisfactory ending.

InfiniteCycleInfiniteCycleover 4 years ago
My only trouble with deyaken's stories...

Is that the protagonist is usually just too daft to really be involved in the action. It's always circumstance that lead him along, but he never sees things for what they are, and if he ever does make a change in his life, it's right at the end of the story, where everything is just too obvious.

It also seems like everyone around him does know what's going on, as well. They usually take control, or make decisions for him.

In this story, it was obvious from the outset that Caroline was spending all her sexual energy giving it up to big davey. Either she was conflicted and couldn't divide her attention, or alphadog dave was having her cut him off.

Either way, Caroline did not give a rat's ass about Frank. Ever. Never gave him the slightest respect at all. Wouldn't have meant anything to her when she humiliated him in public. She only placated him afterwards to shut him up. She would have had a great laugh about it later with davey boy.

That's why she palmed Frank off to Mary, because she didn't think of him as anything but her boy on a leash. She never thought there was a risk of losing out, and she didn't see him as a person with any self determination, let alone as a man.

I think you absolutely should have revealed this side of things, deyaken, and no way diddlin' davey should have missed his dues.

Then again, I suppose that's a pretty standard reaction in the UK. "Oh well, there goes that marriage. Move on, nothing to see here, move along!"

Actually it's a bit ironic, thinking about the meaning of your name, 'do you know', when your male leads often don't have a clue.

Still, at least they are not willing cucks when they are unaware, and so far, in the stories of yours that I have read, the men don't put up with it when it's all revealed. That's a good thing. Especially for someone from the UK. I suppose it's because you're Scottish? More balls than the average pom? I'm just making assumptions there. If I am wrong, shoot me. Lol.

rickydean56rickydean56about 4 years ago
Vincent

It’s obvious the wife was being taken care of elsewhere. Didn’t need the details. What I wanted was more about the Vincent! Was it a Black Shadow or a Lightning? Lol. I was more excited about the bikes than the wife or the husband.

OPrimeOPrimealmost 4 years ago
Had One

In the mid 70s I had Black Shadow. Was fun except I had to get a set of wentworth wrenches(spanners). Had the 2nd Honda 750 sold in America, put 90,000 miles on it.

Stopped riding motorcycles after 57 years. Also gave up the aircraft, will miss listening to the 1941 P-51 idle and the smooth ride in the L-39. Life moves on.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Golden

Best Loving Wife story I have read 2021

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bcalmost 3 years ago

You made it pretty obvious Caroline was screwing David, but never brought it into the light. A more appropriate ending word would have been, "You can be with David full time now, pity he dropped you." Just a thought - LOL! 5*

MightyheartMightyheartover 2 years ago

The charm of this story is in the " unsaid "

Make your deductions.

The husband moved on.

Good writing

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Broken marriage, just takes a while to fully unwind. yawn.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

An interesting premise and competently written - but it had too much sex and too little story to really capture my attention.

LA

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Good story great ending.

Mike the Irishman 🍀

ReadyOneReadyOneover 2 years ago

Who was Jane, who abstained as part of the action removing David from control of the charitable organization?

Was she also involved with David, so took revenge after being dumped or advances rejected by David?

mordbrandmordbrandalmost 2 years ago

She was obviously a sexual part of David's harem and when he got rode out on a rail, she decided to fall back onto old faithful. Too fucking late.

ArdieffArdieffover 1 year ago

So, Caroline was fucking David. MC ought to have figured that out.... Perhaps he did.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Would have liked to see thr MC definitively state that he knew Caroline had been screwing David as part if his harem. Faking a year without sex for her husband is an interesting read but an unbelievable premise. He would get suspicious and investigate, hire a PI, etc. Rumors would circulate or he could have inquired at the charity. She must have been banging David constantly for the year and likely longer, soon after rhir paths intersected. I would guess David used her to service others as well for his ambitions. Of course the idea that a wife of 20 years would turn into another man's whore, then set him up with a surrogate wife, instead of just getting a divorce seems really unbelievable. But hey it is fiction.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Cannot believe he did not confront Caroline about David and denying her husband sex for a you. Nuts.

rn2711rn2711about 1 year ago

Didn't he suspect his wife cheated with David? Why didn't he check?

I can't believe her sex drive and attention miraculously restored when David resigned.

It could be a much better story if you included confrontation and a PI report.

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

Stupid women like Caroline deserve this ending!!

These are the bitches who blame hormonal imbalances, libido for their slutty ways

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

You left the story hanging. You never expanded on her having an affair With David. Why? you led the readers to assume that was the case by her actions. Then you pretty much confirmed that was happening with David being expelled by the organization and her rejuvenated sexual desires for her husband coming to the for front correspondingly. You painted the husband as intelligent,yet dumb enough not to come to the conclusion she was having an affair..Why would you

make such a contradiction with your MC..thats just plain badly done.. You almost ruined the tale with that.But the tale was well written enough to hold my attention to the end,which earned it 5 stars...ZJK

XluckyleeXluckylee19 days ago

Second read and still 5 stars from Xluckylee

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userDeYaKen@DeYaKen
1626 Followers
Thank you to all those people who said the enjoyed The Driver. I've been away from Lit for a while I have been concentrating on writing books for sale. The latest, The Unsold Child, is available for $2.99 at https://books2read.com/u/38g5ZB Probably more suitable for Literotic...

SIMILAR Stories