All Comments on 'A Fire Spotter Christmas'

by sr71plt

Sort by:
  • 16 Comments
avidreadravidreadrover 11 years ago

The story was yes and no for me. While I appreciate the little bit of romance in it, I did feel that Paul was manipulated by Ted in regards to his grieving. As someone who has lost a mate, grieving takes time and it's presumptuous for someone to say how long is long enough. I mean, Adrian hadn't even been gone a full year! If Ted really wanted Paul so badly, how about trying to court the guy?

geemeedeegeemeedeeover 11 years ago

I feel the same as avidreadr. Who were they to decide that all he needed was a good fucking? It seemed selfish of everyone involved, who wanted the "old" Paul back. Paul would never be that man again. People change and grow, and Paul's friends didn't want that to happen. As for Ted, well ... he bought a bed partner. I couldn't fully enjoy the story because the little bit of romanticism was drowned out by the callous sex. Go one way or the other, y'know? But it was well-written, as usual, and this flurry of Christmas stories from sr71plt is certainly ensuring I won't see the holiday the same ever again. :0)

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Authentic

As a gay male, I found this really authentic of the gay male mindset and I appreciate this writer for writing gay male stuff directly for gay guys. The two comments before mine, at least as I see them, seem to be from the perspective of a woman. That's fine for them, but I like reading the gay male stories here written in the gay male mindset. I think gay guys coming up with the answer to a gay having lost his top of the guy needing another rider as soon as possible whether he realizes that or not is natural to the active gay guy. If anything, I think the main character moped too much. I think SR71 could write more romances, but at least he's writing for me.

geemeedeegeemeedeeover 11 years ago
Point taken, Anon.

Thanks for sharing your perspective. (And yep, I am a chick.)

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago

Totally agree with Anonymus (re: Authentic). SR71,keep writing gay stuff for gay males....

avidreadravidreadrover 11 years ago

Anon is correct, I am a woman and I appreciate hearing the male point of view which, I'll admit, didn't occur to me. It's something I guess I need to keep in mind when reading stories in this category.

TimothyMTimothyMover 11 years ago

I fail to see how this is not romantic - whether you are a man or a woman reading the story. '

Sending a Christmas tree with an apology, organizing two hot guys to entertain him (Paul could have said no if he didn't want sex, but he clearly did, as evidenced by his attempts to spy on the couple), turnng up at New Year with champagne, and giving him the car that their earlier conversation had probably revealed Paul's craving for. And of course showing such burning want for Paul that anyone (guy or girl) would love to be the object of from a desirable man like Ted.

In fact I think this story is the most romantic of all your Winter Contest stories so far - but of course that doesn't necessarily mean that it's very romantic compared to entries by other writers :-)

NekoParksNekoParksover 11 years ago
Keep Writing the REAL GM POV

As a woman, I hate reading GM literature in which the guy's mindset is really that of a woman. Some female writers can write GM literature with a fairly authentic male's perspective, but a lot of GM literature written by women for women seems inauthentic to me. I like men as people, and I enjoy hearing what's really on their minds-- even if it shocks or repels me a little. It's really difficult to find a writer like SR71 that can straddle the genres between stroke lit (I guess, you can call it a genre) and erotica. I appreciate the variety and complexity of his stories. If Anonymous says that this really the GM perspective, then that is enough for me. As for my personal perspective upon appropriate mourning periods, I would be still grieving. However, that is the way that I am psychologically wired. When I was in college, I lost my boyfriend to a motorcycle accident. I absolutely adored him and was devastated for years. But then, people have different emotional wiring that should not be dictated by just gender. Another nicely written story by SR71plt. Thanks a bunch!

DawnJDawnJalmost 11 years ago
What I enjoy most...

...about all your stories is how "true" they are. You might find that an odd thing for a straight middle-aged woman to say, but after all these years, for more than half of which I have been an English teacher, and a writer, I know truth when I read it. I appreciate this. Not knowing anything about the gay lifestyle other than what I can read, I enjoy seeing the real deal. And you, sir, present the real deal in a way that is at once enlightening and arousing. "Keep on doing what you're doing, Sammy"!

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
so NOT a romance

the concept of romance comes from romantic love there is none here. the closest hint of it is in the mourning the main character is going through. this is just taking advantage of someone ted seemed to try to get drunk on purpose, followed by anonymous sex that was no doubt paid for (can we say prostitution which was also without the main characters knowledge), and finally ted shows up to get what he wants in exchange for presents. how the hell does that say love in ANY form?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
so horny

just wondering if there will be any more parts to this story got the right amount of everything

o2byoungo2byoungover 8 years ago
Hot and Beautiful

That was a hot and fun story. Sorry about Adrian, but it looks like things will be better from here on. Just for the moral of the story, cell phones and freeways don't mix well! Please don't text and drive.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Lovely story

I really enjoyed this story and found myself about crying at the end when Ted showed up. I found it really sad that Paul was alone and dealing with his loss. that was so romantic that Ted had sent him the tree and then showed up himself. I hope that this meant that they were getting together and that Paul could move on and be with Ted.

Again, lovely story. Would hope for more of it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago

Nice.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Habupit?

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
usersr71plt@sr71plt
3027 Followers
Former SR71 pilot, currently professional writer and book editor; writes under name "habu" on other erotica sites. My erotica books can be found under the author name habu or Dirk Hessian (and coauthored books with Sabb under the names Shabbu or Stephen Kessel) at S...

SIMILAR Stories