All Comments on 'I'm So Proud Of My Children'

by qhml1

Sort by:
  • 150 Comments
TalonsreachTalonsreachover 11 years ago
Excellent

Great pace. Great humor. Interesting twist in giving Barry some not so subtle choices. Overall a great read!

tazz317tazz317over 11 years ago
THE APPLES FELL FROM THE TREES

and they all stayed real close, TK U MLJ LV MNV

LordSlamdawggLordSlamdawggover 11 years ago
Banal and yet bordering on brutal . Love it.

No broken crockery or even a raised voice and most especially no warning, Ward Cleaver goes rogue. Its just a little more spooky if the Terminator comes back as Mr. Peepers not Armold Schwarzenegger with no dilution of power or intent to destroy .

There was also no warning that qhml1 could push the limits so well in this quickv but through BTB flash story . I guess you never can tell. Anyway this was nothing if not droll to the bone. Well played.

ythebadgerythebadgerover 11 years ago
I'd like to read a revenge story

just for once, where the wrong-done-to guy doesn't have someone handy to do all the investigating and supply loads of incriminating evidence. That said, because it was well written, it was okay for such an overused formula - and I have seen the bull-bander used on sheep.

Sid0604Sid0604over 11 years ago
Thank you

I thoroughly enjoyed your story. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Well done

This was the opposite of the usual candyass, wimp cocksucking bullshit that inundates this site. I could read stories like this all day.

Huedogg2Huedogg2over 11 years ago
where can I get one of those ball detanglers

I love this story, you get 15 and a half stars from me.

oscar73oscar73over 11 years ago
Great story:)

Just a great story with a good ending.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Loved it

I am still laughing

Wanderingaimlessly

magmamanmagmamanover 11 years ago
Ball bander?

Yes, they exist, we have several here on the ranch, we use them on the Bull calves, (hopefully before they are two months old)...lol.. I would love to have one that "easily" expands out and locks though.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Awesome

Really good. Thanks for sharing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Ok

Very good. 6

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
a good one

enjoyed, thanks

LoneStarRiderLoneStarRiderover 11 years ago
Uncommon tale

Quite entertaining.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago

Old scenerio and theme, but still enjoyable

LickideesplitLickideesplitover 11 years ago
Excellent revenge story

Very elaborate, but Hubby had the resources and the imagination, so it all works out! Very convenient to have all your family (minus Sweetie, of course) as partners in crime! The family who PREYS together, stays together!

Worth five stars, but I brushed the 'one' - don't know any way to correct that! Sorry!

Sloburn38Sloburn38over 11 years ago
Enjoyable read

Up to your usual standards!

solotorosolotoroover 11 years ago
Not bad

Generally an enjoyable read. Just two nits to pick.

1. A sniper gun guaranteed out to 350yds? Don't know what guarantee is involved, but any good hunting rifle can perform well at 350yds. Sniper rifles are all about accuracy and that would probably be referred to as something in MOA.

2. Only MDs can write prescriptions. No way would a pharmacy honor one from a nurse practitioner and she would probably be arrested for writing them.

C_frommnC_frommnover 11 years ago
Loved

The way the Husband took care of everyone including the others in the Neighborhood. Good to have kids you can count on.

chytownchytownover 11 years ago
Thanks**

For the read.

cpetecpeteover 11 years ago
LOL

Great BTB story! A hoot!

dbdukedbdukeover 11 years ago
Great Devious Little Tale!

You are a real artist in out of the ordinary story telling. Please keep up the good work.

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveover 11 years ago
Excellent

Great revenge tale. I hate cheaters. All should live in excruciating pain.

HA

looking4itlooking4itover 11 years ago

Fun and funny. Light hearted in the BTB style. I liked the choices Barry had to make, cool spin on revenge.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago

Enjoyable, at least up until the point where his daughter decided to join in lecturing a woman who had been cheated on about the merits of fidelity. What kind of half-assed investigator doesn't check to verify that the cheating isn't reciprocal or that the marriage isn't open? Kudos on her ethics, though her skills leave something to be desired.

gatorhermitgatorhermitover 11 years ago
Wow! This from the 500 Annies' author?

Somebody must have pissed Q off royally. I like the four kids. Great story!

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
You're better than this trash

Also why no punishment for the wife who was the only real guilty party as she was married to the stupid old man?

StangStar06StangStar06over 11 years ago
Great story

Very enjoyable read. Good job!

m48gunnerm48gunnerover 11 years ago
Thanks

Great...no wimp husbands here!

bruce22bruce22over 11 years ago
Very enjoyable

I do prefer revenge stories to pure cuck stories, but a little more normal behaviour and children would be better yet. As a satire of a revenge story it is great.

DunaDunaover 11 years ago
5 *****

The story is a Good Classical Cruel Revenge Story with the 4 parts: The past of the married pair, discovery of the cheating, revenge and a good romantic panorama epiloge.

x_witless_xx_witless_xover 11 years ago
Someone said "a hoot".

Sums it up. Well entertaining - loved the withdrawn violence of it. 5*

DunaDunaover 11 years ago
Ha, Ha, Ha

Ha, Ha, Ha She will be the cheating wife character for a newer Katmai's story in Alaska!!!!!!!!!

BluJBluJover 11 years ago
@solotoro

In some states, nurse practioners may write scripts as part of their scope of practice.

Great story! I read this, and "Redneck Funeral", back to back...still laughing!

Thanks for your efforts,

Jim

MattblackUKMattblackUKover 11 years ago
5*! Very entertaining read!

And they have a type of banding device for Rams, too. Seen them in use on the farm.

FD45FD45about 11 years ago
How the hell did I miss this?

Nicely done.

sbart921sbart921almost 11 years ago
I'm Like FD45 - How'd I Miss This?

Fun read and all this stars you can get!

TavadelphinTavadelphinover 10 years ago
Great story -

To the guy who felt his P.I. daughter was inept - get a grip - she was watching out for her dad and caught them and then figured out the asshole was a serial cheater she went above and beyond as it was -

A lot of fun was had by all the right people - even chubby got hers - although she was still wrong she had the best rationale for her cheating.

Good family values there -

IronDragonIronDragonover 10 years ago
Nice!

Had me laughing my ass off! I still think he should have really castrated Asshole, but still a damn funny read!

5 HUGE Stars!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
A good BTB story and her lover but,

Albeit a tad unbelievable. No matter what he or his children said, I believe that Barry presses charges. He has the stun gun marks on him, the marks from the bindings, and most likely his DNA in the bed of the truck. He's going to jail for a LONG time. His soon to be ex-wife had the drugs in her system. She goes to the hospital, gets tested and the conspiracy to commit gets added to the charges of kidnapping and not only does he go to jail, but his ex-wife gets a LOT of money in the divorce so that he can get a lesser charge and fewer years in prison. That's the reality of this nice little BTB story. Bit it was fun to read. Well done.

SplitAcesSplitAcesabout 10 years ago
Loved it!

I've always thought what a better world it would be if everyone was terrified of fucking with another man's life.

fanfarefanfareabout 10 years ago
I opinionate

Okay, lets say Bary did press charges. First of all that makes his previous police report false, which is a crime in itself. First thing Dad's lawyer son will ask, if Barry lied about the first report, why should anyone believe he is not lying about the second report? Especially since he would also be admitting to multiple infidelities that do not provide a good character witness for Barry.

As for DNA evidence in the back of the truck, just say Barry had been in there helping you load or unload something recently. You try proving a negative. Ellen goes to the hospital tests for drugs, are they recreational? Did she take them voluntarily. Prove her husband gave them to her surreptitiously. Maybe Barry gave them to her?

Criminal charges have to have some kind of physical proof. Hell, I could accuse you of being a Martian. Now how would I prove that? I know, you will volunteer to be dissected to prove you are not a Martian. Right? Right?

"What kidnapping? The woman was abusing alcohol and drugs and fell asleep. Another example of all the bad, self-destructive decisions Ellen has been making since she began to commit adultery. Her thoughtful, long-suffering husband patiently sat with her all night, like a guardian angel, until she woke up."

That sort of verbiage is what you pay your attorney for.

And as for punishing Ellen. She's going to live in Alaska. Bewhahahahah! Most peoples experience of that vast hellhole, is a few days from the deck of a cruise ship, maybe a little fishing or hunting or camping during those six days of the year Alaska is actually a very nice place to visit.

The winters are bearable if you have a large enough oil tank to last six months of central heating and never, ever have to go outside except for a brief run to the store to restock your alcohol supply. Then its a tossup, Spring turns Alaska into a giant mud bath. Then it's summer, oh yey! Quadzillions of biting, stinging, blood-sucking bugs, every where you go.

IrfonIrfonabout 10 years ago
Great Story !!

...so pick up your Quill (the new one) and dip it in the inkwell and WRITE...

You write some good stories - Thank You !

krosis666krosis666about 10 years ago
So

He trades one cheating slut for another? What's the point in the divorce then? Mrs. grant was cheating on her husband too, so what's the difference between her and his own wife?

He also said that his wife was almost 11 years younger than him. He`s 55, and she`s 46. I guess that, technically, 9 is ALMOST 11. I hope he isn`t in charge of payroll in his company!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
onthe train to birmingham with a chocolate turd

1 star

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveover 9 years ago
Nice

It's great to have your children watching your back. Great tale.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
11 years difference?

55 - 46 = 11 --- simple math? huh...

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Good story until he goes crazy and...

takes in one cheating slut after he divorces another. Where was the sense in that? He may have felt sorry for the fat cow, but would any man feel sorry enough to take her into his house and support her? I enjoyed the rest of the story, but once again, you went bat shit crazy with the ending.

retmstrretmstrabout 9 years ago
****

I did not pick the story apart as the amateur editors do. Just read it and thought it quite amusing. What the hell, if you're gonna burn the bitch and her fuck toy, do it right! Right? Cheers!

Seeker1107Seeker1107almost 9 years ago
Second time through

not much to say, in the real world this wouldn't fly, but still! Q must have been seriously pissed off when writing this. As much as it isn't real and only fiction it is a great story. Doesn't do any permanent harm but gets his licks in by scaring the A-hole to death.

Liked it the first time loved it this time. Gave it a five and added it to my favorites...

tazz317tazz317almost 9 years ago
GET YOUR REVENGE AND PAYBACK

and if every thing regains momentum, case closed, TK U MLJ LV NV

rightbankrightbankalmost 9 years ago
it is what it was meant to be

an amusing and entertaining story.

thanks

rightbankrightbankalmost 9 years ago
@Solotoro

fyi, I have a prescription written by a Nurse Practitioner and the pharmacy has no problem filling it for me. just sayin

mcbsmcbsalmost 9 years ago
Response to Solotoro

Each state has their own laws on what Nurse Practioners can do. Your state appears to be more progressive, than some in giving Nurse Practioners more responsibility. Well deserved in my opinion.

retmstrretmstralmost 9 years ago
****

I enjoyed the story very much. His kids, in their various occupations, kept him in revenge mode perpetually. I'm happy they saved his butt when needed. Cheers!

sbrooks103sbrooks103almost 9 years ago
Idle Comment

Regarding the age difference, even if her birthday is before his, causing her to turn 46 while he is still 55, that makes their birth years 10 years apart, and while, as others have said that IS “almost eleven years”, why not just say that she was ten years younger?

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago

that is the best get even story yet.

Ed Grocott

edgrocott@gmail.com

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Crisp, fast-paced, light on emotion

Congrats. A good revenge story. Four stars out of five. This isn't my usual cup of time, but I admire the crisp, cleaning writing, well-structured dialogue and the fast pace.

I thought I had read all of Q's stories since he is one of my favourite artists. So I am surprised I missed this one. I noticed it after reading his latest story called Stumpy and Olive which is definitely a five star piece.

I like how the main male character, keeps his head and carries out his clever plan efficiently. I also liked how the kids are all involved and how they instinctively know what their Dad is up to and intercede. I don't think in the real world he could get away with this for the many reasons that have been stated by other commentors, but this is a BTB fantasy. So it's all good.

There is almost no emotional element to this story, and no explanation as to why the wife cheats. He has no regrets and feels no sense of loss. For me that is what kept this story from being a five. I guess I'm a softie.

I hope to see more stories by Q in the future. Cheers Steve

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Liked the Halloween Party

To me the capper for this good story was the the daughter in-law coming dressed as him in a suit saying he's the scariest man she ever met and won. It was one line but worked.

Pappy7Pappy7almost 8 years ago
That bander he described was close enough

for government work. And they do work but I have seen goats try to drag their nuts off for nearly a whole day. I never used them, knife is quicker and more humane. And on Barry it would have been more fun. Loved it where the DIL thought her father in law was the scariest man she ever saw. Too funny. You know, I had thought I had read all of this author's stories but this is the first time I have read this one.

Thanks for sharing this story. And to the commenter who asked what was the difference between his wife and the cheater he took in. About 20 years I would say.

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333almost 8 years ago
Second time through....

Thanks for the offering.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
oh mah GAWD

THAT'S how Bulls are neutered?!?!?! What kind of sick bastard built such a thing. To live your life as your balls slowly fall off. Terrible, terrible terrible.

Rocco1960Rocco1960over 7 years ago
Fitting!

This story was so fitting and funny, I loved how he tormented Barry and did little actual damage! The Halloween party was a perfect ending!

AmbivalenceAmbivalenceabout 7 years ago
-> Anon-- oh mah Gawd.....

He didn't say that it was adult bulls....

I was with my sis one year when she had her stallion (maybe two years old) gelded...

They gave the horse a shot to put it out, sliced open the scrotum, and then took this device they put over something in the sac and started closing it...

You could hear the ratchets click on it... That sound gave me sympathy pains for quite a while...

Liked the story... Funny to think his kids found him scary but you just KNOW they told Barry something that was scary too...

Likely, "We'll all alibi our dad for this... So who will we alibi if there's a next time because you go to the police...?"

boatbummboatbummabout 7 years ago
Stupid Cunt!

Why the hell was she fucking some unemployed loser when she could have gotten a job and had her pick of handsome studs to service her while hubby was out of town?

Thanks for another great 5 star send-up!

dc6370dc6370about 7 years ago
Loved the humor

You definitely had fun writing this!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Excellent

Great since of humor. Thank you

etchiboyetchiboyover 6 years ago
Cute.

Except why all the “temporary” things? OK, maybe not the castration, but tattoos for both cheaters? Fuck ‘em!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Bullshit

His wife got a smart attorney who had a good PI. A moron sends Daddy dearest to prison for 10 to 12. Barry testified against him. His wife testified against him. The alibis disappeared in the face of being dragged into Court to testify. I wanted to like this but it was just too full of giant holes.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Hilarious!

You obviously had fun writing this - and I had fun reading it! Five ***** 's.

jharpjharpalmost 6 years ago

Good fun. Loved the story.

GrimmerGrimmeralmost 6 years ago
4.7

Love seeing good humor in this section.

Nice!

POMPEDEPUISARDPOMPEDEPUISARDover 5 years ago
Alan Turing

Perhaps you might find it informative to read of the circumstances of the suicide of Alan Turing. Google should be a sufficient rescource.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Sorry anonymous 2/13/18

The only giant hole is in your head.

26thNC26thNCalmost 5 years ago
Very good

Love a little BTB with.humor. Your sense of.humor is a gift.

DogFuzzDogFuzzalmost 5 years ago
Nice!

Always at the top of his game. Another creative story from the depths of his imaginative mind. Thanks for sharing. One hell of a family.....

TajfaTajfaover 4 years ago
Good one

4 stars. However, as with many stories on LW in my opinion it would always be better if there was a confrontation with the cheater. What had he done or not done to cause her to cheat? Why did she do it? Didn't she love him? Why didn't he take some revenge on her? Anyway still a very good story.

Grimjack01Grimjack01over 4 years ago
Amusing

This was a really great mild BTB story. I enjoyed the new wife's tale.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
math

55-46=9, not 11

I'm sure someone else has commented. Good story otherwise.

Smokepole

SomeOneTwoThreeSomeOneTwoThreeover 4 years ago
So.....

He threw one slut out

just to invite another one into his home?

And the moral of the story?

Let me help with that.

Hurt me once, shame on you.

Hurt me twice, shame on me.

Just_WordsJust_Wordsabout 4 years ago
That was fun.

I certainly like his idea of revenge.

26thNC26thNCabout 4 years ago

Again. This is a humorous take on a serious situation. This time Barry is allowed to live. Great story.

MarkT63MarkT63almost 4 years ago
Funny!!!

He trades one cheating slut for another cheating whore!!! At least he married with his eyes wide open this time!!! LOL!!!

lee5456lee5456over 3 years ago
My last name is Jeffries

Is he my daddy?

whateverittakeswhateverittakesover 3 years ago

It must be so rewarding to see how well you raised your children to to be such successful people. And, my oh my, the loyalty they showed for their father is just wonderful...

dgfergiedgfergieover 3 years ago
wake up cheaters

Hey all, ever think about cheating? Bet there are a couple guys or even gals out there that might be a little like this guy, Better think twice, is a little sex worth taking a chance? Loved the story!

jneric2691jneric2691about 3 years ago

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐😂😂😂😂😂

Dont_miss_meDont_miss_meabout 3 years ago

I absolutely love this one. It never fails to bring a smile to my face. Great job!

NitpicNitpicalmost 3 years ago
Goor

Good story,with a nice line in humour.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I felt sorry for Mrs. Grant if her story was true. She was not responsible for ending her own marriage; her husband did.

des67des67over 2 years ago

Loved it...5 Stars...

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Just too funny! 😂😎

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Good story but I never would have gotten involved with Mrs Grant, let alone have a kid at 58.

JRandyJJRandyJover 2 years ago

Good read, I lol'd a few times. Speaking of Neuter pills, there is a crazy rich dude, has something to do with operating systems for computers, a real nerd. His wife wants to go into third world countries with these neuter pills as population control. She must think she is God. I think she should be Neutered or?

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

My first observation is too much detail. Why bother with the age difference if you can't remember what you wrote? You start with her being 11 years younger, yet when he is 55, she is 46. It snaps the (observant) reader out of the fiction. I sit back and go "What?"

A couple of paragraphs later, the opposite occurs. I crave detail. In 2 weeks the PI produces pictures of: "him and her on my couch, the washing machine, our dining room table, his recliner, his backyard, even one of him on his knees in front of his children's swing set, while my darling wife sat in the swing." Who needs a PI?

What did they do? Agree to have an affair with all the doors and windows open? Invite the photographer to come and get close-ups? I didn't bother with any more after that.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Loved the final line - that tipped the scale to five stars.

BeBopper99BeBopper99over 2 years ago

5* Nice humorous story. I doubt Barry will be causing trouble in future. Loved the winner of the Halloween costume contest.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Fabulous! A fun ride for sure.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userqhml1@qhml1
8987 Followers
Can you believe that soon I will have been writing here for ten years? I never imagined I'd last that long. I figured I would run out of story ideas long before now. Instead I've filed over a hundred story ideas yet to be written. I'm retiring in a few weeks. I'm going to us...

story TAGS

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

I'm 51 Previous Part
I'm Series Info