All Comments on 'A Summer By The Lake'

by qhml1

Sort by:
  • 624 Comments
greenmountainsgreenmountainsabout 11 years ago
Eminent Domain

I love your stories so it is with some trepidation that I mention the appropriate term. Some eminent domain actions do become imminent. Keep up with the great stories!

Sid0604Sid0604about 11 years ago
Thank you

I thought your story was great. I thoroughly enjoyed reading it.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Very moving. Tissues needed.

I loved it.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
I see what you did there

Very subtle naming the daughter BB Jones.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Secret

Did I miss it, or what was the secret betweeb BB and the Judge?

SW_MO_HermitSW_MO_Hermitabout 11 years ago
OUTSTANDING

Of course I have come to expect no less from this author! The only thing that could have made this story better is if our Heroine had not been barren. Anxiously awaiting another story from this fine author.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Five

The story got a five from me but it is eminent domain, not imminent domain .

rflikeslitrflikeslitabout 11 years ago
My usual Two Complaints

One ....the story ended

Two ....You have the ability to make a patient person immpatient!!!

Keep doing what you do I have enjoyed every single one of your stories..you are a masterful story teller

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Great

This is one of the best short stories I have read in years.

dinkymacdinkymacabout 11 years ago
Great story!

Thanks for sharing.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
5* not enough

5 stars is not enough.. This story was fantastic. Congratulations for making an older man feel good again.

bruce22bruce22about 11 years ago
Very pleasurable read!

The long struggle to bring Sara to emotional stability had me worried and when her ex went off the deep end it left me worried about BB's future emotional stability. Other than that it was an ideal Romance. I even thought of asking if it was a true story????

gravyruggravyrugabout 11 years ago
I mostly liked it.

I do have a few quibbles, though. First, and the one that bugs me most, Sara's character development was pretty sparsely described. She went from (justifiably) mistrustful and angry to sappy and lovestruck mostly offstage. We got to see the bonding with B.B. in great detail, but the actual romance was sparse. Also, we didn't get to see Sara standing up for herself very much, except when she was wrong about it early in the story. I'd like to have seen more of her as an actual character, rather than simply a Love Interest. Second, the Sapphire Diamond subplot was introduced and then dropped, like you cut it from the story without cutting out the setup. Which leads the the last complaint, the tensions and problems you set up were overcome just a little too magically. I know it's a fantasy, and I really appreciate happy endings, but I do like for the characters to have to work a little harder for them.

All in all a good story, but it could be a better one. Thanks for sharing it with us, and I look forward to more.

BigJohn601BigJohn601about 11 years ago
Extremely well written.....you are getting better with each posting.

I enjoyed your uplifting story, it made me smile. Thanks.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Fantastic Story

Please write more as this one is awesome

One of the best ever!

warthog50warthog50about 11 years ago
Wonderful

Beautifully written. It's hard to write a story that's endearing and engaging without becoming saccharine, but you nailed it . Thanks so much and please keep writing. This is the best thing I've seen on Literotica in some time.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
O M G

this is the best story I have ever read. thank you. please continue to write.

curioussscuriousssabout 11 years ago
Excellent

Loved it - 5

Zed56Zed56about 11 years ago
Outstanding Story!

You truly have a gift for writing. The dialogue between BB and Harry was tremendous. Thanks Look forward to more of your work.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago

so you went from rushed to drawn out, boring drivel

michs28michs28about 11 years ago

Enjoyed the story, even though you missed a couple of things when you proof read it. ;). I still gave it a 5star rating. Thank you.

Ork58Ork58about 11 years ago
Great story

Anonymous, go find a quick fuck flick to jerk yourself off to..this story is great, the writer obviously has talent. qhml1, you did a great job of developing your characters, the situation, etc. Aside from the predictable "hero wasn't looking to be a hero, but has a shitload of money which helps everything, and friends in all the right places to dispatch any annoying assholes",...it was a nice storyline. Frankly, I like to read something on here that isn't endless orgasms or "Oh God, Oh God" or "Fuck me harder deeper faster!" or "You are my cumslut"... that crap just gags me.. only thing I can think of it, might have been good to tie into his trauma from getting shot, or the darker side of his past, including the political shenanigans that occurred in the first part of the story...that sort of power and influence doesn't just disappear in a puff of smoke...power brokers don't just go away, they are always lurking about, either to help or to hurt... might have been good to tie them into later parts of your story. Either way, good read!

ambush184ambush184about 11 years ago
terrific

Absolutely loved this story. One of the top in the catagory. Definately a 5. Now let's see you top it!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
awesome

your story is very very good! keep up the good work!

GrayShadoweGrayShadoweabout 11 years ago
Nice

A good writing style, that flowed smoothly. I've read a bit here, and very few others come close.

I would not be surprised if you also wrote professionally.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
A heartwarming story

Thanks for writing, it was greatly appreciated. I really enjoyed it.

:)

stuwatcher52stuwatcher52about 11 years ago
Simply Superb Writing, held my interest clear through :)

A great read, with many surprises and a great ending! Almost surprised to find this romance story on Literotica vs. Readers Digest. If I have any questions about this loving tale, it would be the names Parker, Cook & the generous manner of HH. Five Stars all the way. The Bird

LordSlamdawggLordSlamdawggabout 11 years ago
Cliched Inventions Contrived with Best of Intentions

First I want to say there were some real moments to savor in the story & loved the character of BB & likewise her emotionally scarred mom learning to tryst & trust again. Strong visceral Intro with poison oak & frigid dash into lake. That being said the narrator was too good to be

Sir Galahad reincarnate needed a few chinks in his armor to be credible. He threw money to buy off the dragons that dared cast a shadow over plucky single mom & her progeny. Platinum rated credit card was the sword of choice over & over again. All too easy .

Some wonderful issues were raised like crass development enroaching on rural areas, single parent families subsisting from check to check, rural literacy & access to technology . I'm a fan of happy endings but the best ones come when the protagonists actually breaks a sweat , instead of cutting a check. ***

Jim44444Jim44444about 11 years ago
I liked it.

So there were a few mistakes and some of the details could have been fleshed out. But this is a story given to the readers for free. It is not a full length novel. Well worth 5stars.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago

A great story....

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Exceptionally good

Save a few spelling issues, this is among the best I have read here. At a few moments the narration seemed hurried, but that is not uncommon while writing a long piece. I loved it, and did not have to think twice before giving a 5-star. You displayed assured mastery in how to build up a character--exemplified by Sarah. Incomparable stuff, this. I shall look to more from you.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Truly an excellent story.

A re-readable story.

In my opinion you deserve a 5 squared for a score.

You brought out the best in all of your characters. It is nice to have a lot of fresh mountain air to clear your head.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
5

Thank you for this great story. I agreed with another anon that this is re-readable.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Bravo!

You are a gifted story-teller. When reading your writings, I see colors. Thanks for your time and for sharing your gift.

ttom76ttom76about 11 years ago
Am I reading the same story?

I quit after the first page. You really, truly need an editor. This is especially true as your character claims to be a top notch writer.

teedeedubteedeedubabout 11 years ago
Another

Great story. I think Archie Campbell said it best, "Money can't buy happiness, but if you have enough of it you can suffer the very best brand of misery..."

Thanks!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
what can i say

What can I say, but "your stories fill my heart with joy". keep writing you offset a lot of the dribble, revenge, and sadnes on this site. THANK YOU

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago

Didn't want it to end, thanks for a great read

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
superb story!!

Reads like a novel, can't tell you how much I enjoyed it, please keep up the good work- it provides broad based entertainment to us all

Thanks,

Sam

PTBzzzzPTBzzzzabout 11 years ago
There may have been a few minor issues

but I won't nit pick about a good story.

Keep them coming and I will keepreading them.

KenfromIndyKenfromIndyabout 11 years ago
Glad did not miss this story Just Great

I must have missed this story when it first came out. I was just searching my favorites when I saw this. Now I have missed some sleep but have had several smiles and some laughs and a good feelings to take me to sleep (likely pleasent dreams too?).

Thank you for a great read, appreciate your writing - OK it nots perfectly edited BUT its not like I am paying for it. Any errors were easy to get by and took nothing away from the writing!! I DID enjoying reading! 5 STARS!!!!

So as long as you keep writing I will keep reading!

Thank YOU!!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago

When i first read boston to birmingham ,c i just knew you had it in you to break the top 10 in romance. This story is so heart warming and touching. Its like those sitcom finales that leave you feeling all warm and fuzzy. Amazing stuff! DONT STOP WRITING, if u do il track ur ip address. Find you and kill you. Im the annon who kept saying anna wasnt necessary in b to b. Love you brother.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Total Fucking Rubbish

Sooner read Nodey you are a crap writer

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Great Story!

Really liked it... But I have to ask you this- did you take just a hint of inspiration from the Sophia series by Castlestone.. I'm not taking away anything from you for this fine work of writing but I did feel a lingering presence of that story in some parts (with the gender roles reversed though). Either ways, keep it up!..

HansTrimbleHansTrimbleabout 11 years ago
You cast a spell over me with this story

I enjoyed it from start to finish. The opening scene was absolutely astounding, and you didn't let up till the very end!

I love a story that doesn't involve the man abusing the woman, and so many of the torrid sex marathons amount to that. So reading about HH and Sarah and BB was a blessed relief for me.

I encourage you to overlook the criticisms. I suspect that the people who seemed to be the most severely critical couldn't write a story this good if they tried for a lifetime. This is a wonderful story and you should be proud of it. I wish I could write this well.

Thank you for a great read, and for sharing it with us.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Stunningly good

You continue to be the hot ticket on this site. Please keep blessing us by sharing your gift.

DP

semjastrosemjastroabout 11 years ago
Enjoyed it so much . . .

that when I finished - I wished it didn't end so soon. Thanks for sharing.

DaTazDaTazabout 11 years ago
Happoiness!

While I enjoy reading the stories here and yours a lot! I don't post all that much! I enjoyed this one more then the rest of yours! Please keep writing these good ones!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
wow

wow is all i can say... Loved it :)

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago

i love or like your stories

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Absolutely a fabulous read!

Thank You for sharing your talent with everyone! Please share more!!!

woodlands1946woodlands1946about 11 years ago
Thanks for the Great Story

It's truly a pleasure to read such a well written, uplifting story with happy endings for all but the ex husband who was his own worst enemy. He persisted and finally succeeded in ruining his life. I also read all your comments on this story and am pleased I'm in such a large crowd. There were only a couple that seemed as though they were from people who might have been cell mates of the ex.

RTnTNRTnTNalmost 11 years ago
Great story ...

Now that was an easy 5 stars. Thank you.

RhomanovRhomanovalmost 11 years ago
Simply Awesome

Well written tale. Not sure how I missed this one.

Thx.

selvamuselvamualmost 11 years ago
loved reading it!

I like ur stories. Pl keep writting. Thanks

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago

Great story, great ending! Thanks

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Giving and Receiving

Cheeky request? Since I'm giving five stars. Any chance of a story about B. B. ?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Wonderful Work of Love rather than lust... Good read

I found this story well thought out, however, there are typos... L.O.L., but they don't hurt the story! Loved the teenager! She is a character!

jacsrjacsralmost 11 years ago
Couldn't stop reading your wonderful story!

Sometimes I just can't sleep at night, reading this story didn't help. I just could not stop during the story. The plot was well done. The story just kept getting better as I got into the meat of it. Keep them coming.

Thanks for an enjoyable read!!!!

SELSTIMSELSTIMalmost 11 years ago
Beautiful

Great characters, great story. I couldn't put it down. It even confirms the old saying, "Dancers are the best lovers". Thank you for the entertainment

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
10+ stars, absolutely amazing.

This story is one of my favorites, I'm telling all of my friends to read it, knowing them they'll all give it the 5 star rating it more then deserves. Maybe it will bump the story up a few pegs in the Hall of Fame. :-) I would also like to read a story following B.B.. :-D

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
beautiful

This is a beautiful story. I often found myself with unshed tears. Thank you for this.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
what a great story to read!!!!

I just loved reading this story, I could not stop reading it, and I would like to say this, whatever happened to the ex husband of sarah, when he got out of the mental hospital after 2 years, I think you might have another story to come, with the ex husband and also with B.B. herself now, that she is older now. I would diffently like to read about her adventures in her life and get some updates on her parents(sarah and harry), and see how they are.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Too good and lovely

Very enjoyable.

it has made my day.

at one time, when you brought Harry Winston in story I thought Edward was getting some help from Sapphire Jade Diamond.

dairetodairetoover 10 years ago
LOVED IT!

Great story

tompo296tompo296over 10 years ago
Well Done

Just an excellent story, enough said!

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
there is always a "but"

First, let me tell you that is the first story of yours I have read and now I have to read everything you may have written.

I loved it and the characters; it's the fairy tale everyone needs. But...it is "eminent" domain, not imminent.

Thanks for a very enjoyable time and, please, keep writing.

L

rdd1953rdd1953over 10 years ago
Great

Well I have found another writer, but you aren't good your great. What a fantastic story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Great storyteller.

Best EVER!! This story Rocks!

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
fantastic

really really good

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Pat m

I just finished the third read. It is a marvelous story, go line and good composition. I bet you old english teachers are proud of you.. Keep writing

Tyler_HTyler_Hover 10 years ago
Irony

I find it supremely entertaining that the self-proclaimed Druid demonstrates a clearer and more comprehensive understanding of the best and most basic concepts of Christianity than most people I've encountered who consider themselves devout and legitimate Christians.

On a slightly more simplistic note, damn fine read. Keep it up.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Fantastic!!

It brought smiles, tears, and a little laughter to me soul!!!! Keep up the GREAT WORK!!!

Storm113Storm113over 10 years ago
Prequel Please

Please write the story of his ex, his investigation, and his shooting!!!

ReadsalotReadsalotover 10 years ago
Glad she replaced the camera

And he has a built in model. A very good story. Harry as the (almost) anonymous donor hit home for me. I have a whole list of donations to make if I ever find that lottery ticket.

Keep up the good work!

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago

Again, you can write. Have anything published?

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Love it!!

Oh my godddd!! That is the best i ever read on literotica!!! U shld write moreeee:)

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Perfect Candy

Lot of sugar, little bit of spice and splash of vingar. Perfect

Privates1stClassPrivates1stClassover 10 years ago
Excellent story

Enjoyed it from beginning to the end. The plot twisted and turned to the point I wasn't sure what the ending would be. As it turned out, it turned out best for all. Thanks for posting.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago

Probably the best short story I have ever read, certainly the best I've read on literotica. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Speechless

Whatever I can say, has probably been said by the 80 odd comments before me. All that is left for me is to say is Thank You. Thank you for writing this story. Thank you for sharing some of your incredible talent with us.

ManofMithgarManofMithgarover 10 years ago
Superb story

I am a sucker for a good romantic story. This one had enough trials to wonder if it would work out. This is the first of your stories I have read but it won't be the last.

yankeecatladyyankeecatladyover 10 years ago
Wonderful!

I thoroughly enjoyed this story. I couldn't put it down. Thank you!

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Best Read

I've never commented on a story in the year or so that I've been on Literotica but this story absolutely blew me away! Loved it and it is definitely the best I've read on here. I wish there was a 6th star to rank it!

Many thanks.

butchbabebutchbabeover 10 years ago
Original

Great concept, fresh idea! Almost cried when BB got the adoption papers!

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
What a controlling jerk

He might not be the woman's ex, but he sure is a domineering, controlling jerk.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
The highest complement that a writer can receive

here is the similar stories category listed at the side at the end of their posting. You have 5 of my all time favorites there.

So obviously, you don't need me because others have found this story great. Few edits it could use but that would only be quibbling.

Thank you.

pumpop201pumpop201over 10 years ago
It's not nice to make a grown man cry.

I've served in the military. I spent 23 years as a police officer and a volunteer firefighter. Parts of your story had me crying like a teenage girl. Thank you.

TMSPTGR3TMSPTGR3over 10 years ago
Exquisite

Funny romantic serious. A wonderful story well written and well told. 5*

photolvrphotolvrover 10 years ago
Thank you....Thank you.....Thank you!!!

I love this story! I have read it 10 times and I can't put it down! I love the scene of BB on the deck, BB destroying the kitchen, dancing and the motel, their proposal talk....actually every single word. This is one of my all time favorites! Please, please, please, please keep writing!

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
was

coated in choc caramal t----s

asjahstrinaasjahstrinaover 10 years ago
Short of nothing

It had 'human 'characters ,and a little of every emotion thou it was mostly happy and had me in tears at some beautifully written and expressed parts .BB was a gem !

bcduffybcduffyover 10 years ago

this story only needs 1 word to describe it "unbelievable"

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Brilliant

I was having a truly awful day (maybe week) and this story cheered me right up. Thank you and please keep writing.

All the best, a loyal fan.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago

I consider this one of my favorite stories that I have read. Please keep stories like this coming. You are a very talented writer.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Great story

I truly enjoyed this story. Thanks for sharing it with us.

snathsnathabout 10 years ago
feel good

It is a feel good story. Nice

xtchrxtchrabout 10 years ago
A Happy Story!

It's so nice to read a story that is happy-happy-happy. I really enjoyed this one. Your character B.B. is the best character I came across in a long, long time. I couldn't wait for her to make her appearances. She had the honesty and fun of youth. I have 3 sons and I wish I had a daughter like B.B. This just became one of my favorite stories. You are a wonderful writer. Keep it up.

Edgar_Layin_PoleEdgar_Layin_Poleabout 10 years ago
Great Story

but I was expecting to hear more from the Diamond Realty lady. The story hinted that we hadn't seen the last of her. Keep up the good work!

hebert100hebert100about 10 years ago
happy-happy-happy

leave it to the folks from "Duck Dynasty" to say what I think about your work. happy-happy-happy, that is how I feel when I read your stories. THANKS

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userqhml1@qhml1
8928 Followers
Can you believe that soon I will have been writing here for ten years? I never imagined I'd last that long. I figured I would run out of story ideas long before now. Instead I've filed over a hundred story ideas yet to be written. I'm retiring in a few weeks. I'm going to us...

story TAGS

SIMILAR Stories