All Comments on 'Palomino Ch. 09'

by LadyRoscoe

Sort by:
  • 11 Comments
Sidney43Sidney43over 11 years ago

Enjoying the story, but one minor point:

"Lacey sat beside the tall plate glass window, thousands of yards high into the sky"

That would make the building over a mile high, which even for New York is saying quite a bit. Looking forward to the next chapter.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Wait

Wait to post until you have enough to really move the story forward. This was a mini post.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
too short

it's really hard to get into any story if you post really short chapters. It would be considerably better if you waited and made each submission longer and within it put separate chapters.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Future building? :)

As another author posted, thousands of yards is excessive. I'm a civil engineering student (design buildings, roads, etc) and that stood out to me. Being the nerdy type that I am, I know the tallest building in the world (Burj Khalifa in Dubai) 2722 ft or 907 yards. I stumbled on this sentence, but in no way did it take away from your story. I truly love this story, and I'm patiently waiting for the next submission

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Gads zooks guys

Ever heard of exaggeration for effect. The lady isn't an engineer and precision isn't important. The author is trying to contrast the big city with the country and so uses exaggeration to make the effect. Flat country, mile high buildings. And they seem immensely tall and oppressive to her because she has changed and now wants what is there.

The author is spot on. Well phrased.

LadyRoscoeLadyRoscoeover 11 years agoAuthor
Feedback to my readers

Dear readers,

This is a novel I've had written for some time. I finished it in 2006, with hopes to get it published. I never pursued the possibility, and I decided the world should enjoy Lacey and Wesley, instead of keeping them tucked away in a writer's folder. Each chapter is just how it would be in a published piece - some are longer than others. Yes, I realize this chapter was short, however, it is very necessary for the following story. I'm betting most avid romance readers can write the plot at this point. It's a very classic story.

"Lizzy" is a nickname from Lacey's friend/colleague. Perhaps this should have been made more clear, but i felt it was implied.

Hubbys_PrincessHubbys_Princessover 11 years ago
nice but....

Enjoyed this but it ended just as i was getting in to the story, if as you have said its already written then maybe you could do more frequent updates to make up for the short length as its hard to get into the story when the chapters are so short and then you have to wait awhile for an update, that said i like story and feel its well written.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Luv it

I'm loving the story so far and am so glad you decided to share the story! Thanx!! Can't wait for mote chapters :)

dawg997dawg99712 months ago

I've read over a thousand stories here on Lit and this has to be in the top 20.

LadyRoscoeLadyRoscoe12 months agoAuthor

@dawg997 Wow! Thank you for the compliment. :) You totally made my day.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userLadyRoscoe@LadyRoscoe
224 Followers
I'm a 37 year old woman. I've been writing since I was big enough to hold a pencil. All kinds of works. Anywhere from fantasy and history, to modern, to the most erotic fantasy scene I get in my head. My writing comes from a delightful mix of personal experiences that are very...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

Palomino Ch. 08 Previous Part
Palomino Series Info