Sort by:
  • 15 Comments
tazz317tazz317over 11 years ago
CONSTRUCTIVE CRITIC CONSIGNS C-(ANONS)

the assortment of anons on this site ranks with the members, authors and posters who do not give out full access to themselves. Even though on the member bio-blog one may use aka's or false I.D.s,,,,,they do not CHOOSE to do so, Which is their right. Critics and Cynics do have a place in every Hiearchy. Every person that is one be proud you do not have to reveal your vote or your choice. Good luck....Good job on this submission to the author, TK U MLJ LV NV

tazz317tazz317over 11 years ago
#2 FOR CINNER

Instead of "The spoonful" dilemna maybe the other "Super-cali" would be more in the theme for others to heed. TK U MLJ LV NV

chytownchytownover 11 years ago
I like Your Style*****

Thanks for sharing.

LordSlamdawggLordSlamdawggover 11 years ago
So SANDWICH Criticism Critique ? Point Out Something Good, Then the Bad , Close with Another Good Point Tailored to Author ?

This might be the most useful thing I've read this week. Too bad it didnt come with a prefaced warning, that this should not be read after 10 pm, because now I'm craving a roast beef sub. By the way, although her profile pic is not currently on display, if memory serves , the writer of this piece has nigh-superlative cleavage.

CinnerCinnerover 11 years agoAuthor
Thank you everyone!

Thank you VERY much for your support, gentlemen! I live for feedback, and thrive on compliments! The four of you have been marvellous!

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
good timing!

This was particularly nice to read after I sampled at least 3 stories, all with borderline abusive, *very* angry all-cap "comments"--no idea what's up with that but hope the people who run the site put an end to it. Although some of the criticisms were valid, it's like people went from 0 to 60 on the rage-meter, instantly, no filters or impulse-control at all. Anyways... just wanted to thank you for your pleasant, constructive tone. That 10-minute manager stuff does really work--even when people know that you're doing it! ;)

MisterSadeMisterSadeover 11 years ago
Thank you so much!

Although I'm new to literotica, I have found peace (and excitement) here. This guide helps me feel more involved and more at home. Thanks Cinner ;-)

-Mr.S

LeFrog08LeFrog08about 11 years ago
excellent advice!

Thank you very much for sharing this with us- I'll remember next time I offer a private or public comment on a story- LeFrog

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
PC PLASTIC SELF ESTEEM TROPHIES

Why don't you try a dollop of honesty and cut the feel-good crap.

CinnerCinnerover 10 years agoAuthor
Feeling good

You mean, aside from the fact that I come here to feel good?

The message of the piece is that a spoonful of sugar helps the medicine to go down. One can listen to the bad, and learn from it, if the critic finds even one good thing to say. I know that some of the pieces that are published on the site need a lot of work, but if there were ABSOLUTELY no redeeming features I don't think that they would have been published.

I subscribe to the view that one learns more from one's mistakes than from one's successes. I will try not to flinch when being taught a lesson, but does one have to torture me in order for me to learn? Quite simply, no.

Privates1stClassPrivates1stClassover 10 years ago
Thoughtful essay

I wish all who leave comments would engage the ideas you've pointed out. It's difficult to improve your writing unless you receive honest, constructive criticism. And yes, sometimes a spoon of sugar (or two) helps a lot.

2soon2no2soon2noabout 2 years ago

Well written. I came to similar conclusions after reading The Autobiography of Benjamin Franklin. He was a gifted statesman. I think I'll read it again...

Richie4110Richie4110about 2 years ago

Very simple straightforward advice on communication. This reading should be sent to all Anonymous comments

Thanks

DarkAurther6969DarkAurther696912 months ago

That is Wise Advice, so much so I used it as one of Policies for Writing a Review for anything. I wouldn't allow myself to attempt to Write a Review Unless I have something Nice about whatever that I'm Reviewing. Even for the Absolut Worst of the Worst Movies or Show or whatever it is that I'm Trying to Review. Even if it's something as simple as liking a Song or a Location that a Scene Took Place. It still counts to me. And I really Wished that Everyone one else fallowed that very same Concept. These days if Your Review is Nothing But Bad others would just see it well.....just a Rant. And if your Review is Nothing but Good then others would say that you where Paid or whatever. In Both Cases No one would be satisfied with your Review unless they Agree with you already. But Yeah I agree this very same Concept that you where talking about could really be applied to everything in Life.

Russ43ChandlerRuss43Chandler10 months ago

Great feedback for a commenter and non writer. I don’t do incest and your feedback ideas are spot on for any story a writer might offer. I think and plan to give payback to those who have given me the pleasure of their work. Thanks for your words. I will try to be a better reader.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous